Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious

+22
keanro
Dendrobates
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
TheReal_LWS
NigelUno
y2kMgrad
DWags
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
Frank Ricard
CheesySpartan
tGreenWay
pulling69
Floyd Robertson
MiamiSpartan
Watch Out Pylon!
Travis of the Cosmos
InTenSity
Cameron
Rocinante
Death Roe
26 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious  Empty Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious

Post by Death Roe 4/14/2017, 12:22 pm

Star Wars movies (and Jurassic Park ones) deserve their own thread.

Here's a poster and trailer. Looks fucking awesome!

Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious  C9YRt1SXkAEYN-k

Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious  3434560931 Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious  3434560931 Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious  3434560931 Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious  3434560931 Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious  3434560931 Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious  3434560931 Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious  3434560931 Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious  3434560931 Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious  3434560931 Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious  3434560931
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious  Empty Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious

Post by Rocinante 4/14/2017, 12:38 pm

Rogue One was good. A New Hope , er The Force Awakens was mediocre.

I will see this, but if it's a rehash of fucking Empire. I swear I'm done.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious  Empty Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious

Post by Cameron 4/14/2017, 12:47 pm

Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 4/14/2017, 12:47 pm

Rocinante wrote:Rogue One was good. A New Hope , er The Force Awakens was mediocre.

Kylo Ren is Rey's father?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 4/14/2017, 12:50 pm

Cameron wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Rogue One was good. A New Hope , er The Force Awakens was mediocre.

Details... They're probably fucking twins or some shit.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 4/14/2017, 1:01 pm

I think there's a good chance that we'll be finding out who Rey's father is, whoever that ends up being. So there's a possibility of a fanservice line being in there that would make you roll your eyes so hard you pass out.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 4/14/2017, 1:37 pm

Cameron wrote:I think there's a good chance that we'll be finding out who Rey's father is, whoever that ends up being. So there's a possibility of a fanservice line being in there that would make you roll your eyes so hard you pass out.
There is really only 2 ways to go with it. She's either the daughter of someone already known and powerful, or she isn't. I'm not sure which way is better. It would be great if she became the daughter of Yoda.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 4/14/2017, 1:39 pm

InTenSity wrote:
Cameron wrote:I think there's a good chance that we'll be finding out who Rey's father is, whoever that ends up being. So there's a possibility of a fanservice line being in there that would make you roll your eyes so hard you pass out.
There is really only 2 ways to go with it. She's either the daughter of someone already known and powerful, or she isn't. I'm not sure which way is better. It would be great if she became the daughter of Yoda.
Fuck Yoda. Yoda fucking sucks. If she is yodas daughter then she's probably a drooling incompetent idiot like her dad.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 4/14/2017, 1:43 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
InTenSity wrote:
Fuck Yoda. Yoda fucking sucks. If she is yodas daughter then she's probably a drooling incompetent idiot like her dad.
I've noticed some hostility lately Travis. Think of pink elephants.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 4/14/2017, 1:46 pm

InTenSity wrote:
I just really really hate yoda. He's literally the worst.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 4/14/2017, 1:49 pm

InTenSity wrote:
I'm sorry you feel that way Travis.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 4/14/2017, 1:51 pm

InTenSity wrote:
I'm sorry you feel that way Travis.
You don't need to apologize. It's not your fault he fucking sucks.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 4/14/2017, 1:54 pm

InTenSity wrote:

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 4/14/2017, 4:40 pm

I really hope there's a big snow battle, and that Poe gets frozen in carbonite, just to annoy the people that get way to pissy about that kind of thing.

It already looks like it's going to have significant jedi training, so there's that.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 4/14/2017, 4:46 pm

Rocinante wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Details... They're probably fucking twins or some shit.
And Han and Leia just forgot that she squirted out another kid, sent her away to fend for herself, while raising the asshole instead?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 4/14/2017, 5:01 pm

I got home from worked, poured a glass of bourbon, and now you get to sit there and listen to me tell you why yoda sucks.

1) one fucking job. One. Make sure the bad guys don't take over. Been this way for a thousand years or whatever and you just had to not make a comedy of errors. Good work asshole.
2) related- it was that guy right down the street. He was there the whole time. It never occurred to fuckwit yoda to maybe do a background check on that guy or anything.
3) "this kid is gonna bring balance to the force." You're winning right now guy. It never occurred to you that maybe that's not a good thing for you? Okay, in moron yodas defense at least he originally was against training him but then when other people are like oh I'm gonna do it anyway yoda was all okay fine.
4) you wait around in a swamp for years because you fucked up so bad, and now like the only chance for you to make it right walks up to your doorstep and you're like "nah. He's old." Come the fuck on idiot.

Okay I'm done. Fuck yoda.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 4/14/2017, 5:21 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I got home from worked, poured a glass of bourbon, and now you get to sit there and listen to me tell you why yoda sucks.

1) one fucking job. One. Make sure the bad guys don't take over. Been this way for a thousand years or whatever and you just had to not make a comedy of errors. Good work asshole.
2) related- it was that guy right down the street. He was there the whole time. It never occurred to fuckwit yoda to maybe do a background check on that guy or anything.
3) "this kid is gonna bring balance to the force." You're winning right now guy. It never occurred to you that maybe that's not a good thing for you? Okay, in moron yodas defense at least he originally was against training him but then when other people are like oh I'm gonna do it anyway yoda was all okay fine.
4) you wait around in a swamp for years because you fucked up so bad, and now like the only chance for you to make it right walks up to your doorstep and you're like "nah. He's old." Come the fuck on idiot.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious  502811600
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 4/14/2017, 5:49 pm

InTenSity wrote:

Could be worse. She could be the spawn of that blathering beast-child Jar Jar.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 4/14/2017, 7:38 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:

Could be worse. She could be the spawn of that blathering beast-child Jar Jar.

Jar-Jar is Snoke
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 4/14/2017, 7:54 pm

InTenSity wrote:

Who else in movies and real life do you hate, Travis?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 4/15/2017, 9:13 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I got home from worked, poured a glass of bourbon, and now you get to sit there and listen to me tell you why yoda sucks.

The hate is strong in this one.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 9/12/2017, 10:37 am

The director of Episode IX, Colin Trevorrow (Jurassic World, Safety Not Guaranteed), was booted from the movie last week.

JJ Abrams, who directed The Force Awakens, is returning to helm Episode IX instead.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 9/12/2017, 11:09 am

Am I the only one that used going to these fucking Star Wars movies as a method to get laid?  It was an easy way for the woman to say yes to go because EVERYONE wants to go see it and once I got them 1-1 my odds of succeeding getting my way went way up.  Never gave a goddamn about the movie.  

A bunch of fucking nerds dressing up as robots - jesus people get a grip.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 9/12/2017, 11:12 am

Frank Ricard wrote:Am I the only one that used going to these fucking Star Wars movies as a method to get laid?  It was an easy way for the woman to say yes to go because EVERYONE wants to go see it and once I got them 1-1 my odds of succeeding getting my way went way up.  Never gave a goddamn about the movie.  

I think OTPT is masturbating to this post right now.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 9/12/2017, 11:27 am

Death Roe wrote:
Frank Ricard wrote:Am I the only one that used going to these fucking Star Wars movies as a method to get laid?  It was an easy way for the woman to say yes to go because EVERYONE wants to go see it and once I got them 1-1 my odds of succeeding getting my way went way up.  Never gave a goddamn about the movie.  

I think OTPT is masturbating to this post right now.

The movies blow but I have no issue with people dressing up as characters - they can do whatever they like. I disagree with their taste but Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious  2599972566
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 9/12/2017, 11:28 am

Hey, I go to these movies opening night, but I don't dress up. Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious  502811600 To each their own, I'm just joshin' you.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 9/12/2017, 11:33 am

I would appreciate some insight on why people like these movies. Is it the basic ass plot (blow up the big star weapon!!!) or 1 dimensional characters? Or the cliches that dominate every storyline?

I think people just eat this shit up because they are told to / have some nostalgia factor. They aren't quality films
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 9/12/2017, 11:42 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I would appreciate some insight on why people like these movies. Is it the basic ass plot (blow up the big star weapon!!!) or 1 dimensional characters? Or the cliches that dominate every storyline?

I think people just eat this shit up because they are told to / have some nostalgia factor. They aren't quality films

For every trilogy there's one good move, one crappy  movie and one that's OK.

Having said that, Rogue One was the best thing since Empire.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 9/12/2017, 11:43 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I would appreciate some insight on why people like these movies. Is it the basic ass plot (blow up the big star weapon!!!) or 1 dimensional characters? Or the cliches that dominate every storyline?

For every trilogy there's one good move, one crappy  movie and one that's OK.

Having said that, Rogue One was the best thing since Empire.

Very curious to see what could have been with the Lord and Miller version of the Han Solo movie.

I know they'll destroy any unused footage, but I would love to see what they shot, especially after hearing that their version of Han Solo was compared to Ace Ventura. Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious  502811600
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 10/8/2017, 8:51 am

Tickets are going on sale tomorrow night when ESPN airs the final trailer at halftime of Monday Night Football.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 10/8/2017, 9:14 am

If you can't recognize the universal appeal of Luke's hero's journey, you really have no place critically discussing movies of any sort. You can call any plot basic if you reduce it down to "defeat the enemy" as you did in that post. Try harder, you suck at this.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 10/8/2017, 9:30 am

Cameron wrote:

If you can't recognize the universal appeal of Luke's hero's journey, you really have no place critically discussing movies of any sort. You can call any plot basic if you reduce it down to "defeat the enemy" as you did in that post. Try harder, you suck at this.

I also find the journey that Anakin took over 6 movies as really interesting, regardless of how shitty Episodes 1 and 2 were. From a miracle kid to Jedi master to Sith Lord, to saving his son when it mattered most.

They call the main movies the Skywalker Saga, so I wonder how this wraps up after Episode IX.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 10/8/2017, 10:05 am

Death Roe wrote:
Cameron wrote:

I also find the journey that Anakin took over 6 movies as really interesting, regardless of how shitty Episodes 1 and 2 were. From a miracle kid to Jedi master to Sith Lord, to saving his son when it mattered most.

They call the main movies the Skywalker Saga, so I wonder how this wraps up after Episode IX.
I agree. For all of the faults with the prequels, I do like how they fit in to the overall story.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 10/8/2017, 10:06 am

Cameron wrote:

Star Wars fucking sucks. Basic film for basic folk.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 10/8/2017, 10:14 am

OTPT said stuff

You're the king of Basic Mountain, bro.

Last edited by Turtleneck on 10/8/2017, 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 10/8/2017, 10:16 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Star Wars fucking sucks. Basic film for basic folk.

Basic take for basic troll. Try harder.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 10/9/2017, 8:34 pm

Tickets are on sale now for us basic folk in our basic theaters. I got my tickets for BASIC IMAX 3D.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious  Star-wars-the-last-jedi-poster-700x1037
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 10/9/2017, 9:03 pm

Death Roe wrote:Tickets are on sale now for us basic folk in our basic theaters. I got my tickets for BASIC IMAX 3D.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious  Star-wars-the-last-jedi-poster-700x1037

You're basic if you go to Red Robin beforehand.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 10/9/2017, 9:07 pm

Who’s going to be the savior against the evil guy this time? Will it be a big weapon or a super duper weapon? Stay tuned!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 10/9/2017, 9:11 pm

Has there been talk of a Greedo prequel yet? I bet his backstory is pretty colorful.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next