Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious

+22
keanro
Dendrobates
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
TheReal_LWS
NigelUno
y2kMgrad
DWags
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
Frank Ricard
CheesySpartan
tGreenWay
pulling69
Floyd Robertson
MiamiSpartan
Watch Out Pylon!
Travis of the Cosmos
InTenSity
Cameron
Rocinante
Death Roe
26 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious  - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-12-10, 18:05

Well, that’s just like your opinion, man.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious  - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-12-10, 18:07

Hahahahahahaha never gets old!!!!

You know what I just realied otpt? The problem isn’t the movie. The movie is fine. Whatever. I shouldn’t shit on the movie. The problem is people like you.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-12-10, 18:08

Again, intensity brought up the movie. Maybe you should redirect your attention towards him.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-12-10, 18:09

Maybe you should just accept that the Big Lebowski is trash garbage
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-12-10, 18:56

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Star Wars sucks. Harry Potter may be better.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious  - Page 4 Giphy
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-12-10, 20:07

NigelUno wrote:If I called it and the girl goes bad, just remember who told you so.
Who? Everyone who has seen any of the trailers?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-12-13, 13:34

The Reason for the Season.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious  - Page 4 DQ3dJraX4AEifVH
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-12-15, 00:06

Just got back from seeing this. Initial reaction is that it was pretty awesome. Better than Episode VII, and I liked VII quite a bit.

Will post more tomorrow when I'm on a desktop and can use the spoiler feature to hide comments.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-12-15, 00:35

I saw it too Miami here’s my spoiler

Spoiler:
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-12-15, 00:53

I’ll see it eventually. I’ll let you guys know what I think. :)
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-12-15, 07:03

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I’ll see it eventually. I’ll let you guys know what I think. :)

Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious  - Page 4 200_s

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-12-15, 08:54

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I saw it too Miami here’s my spoiler

Spoiler:

Wait.  It's actually The Lost Jedi?  

That is a spoiler alert.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-12-15, 11:43

Spoiler:
Spoiler Travis Response:
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-12-15, 11:49

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Spoiler:
Spoiler Travis Response:
did you get popcorn?

I like movie popcorn.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-12-15, 12:19

Ok, so here are my thoughts on the film:

Spoiler:
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-12-15, 12:21

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
Spoiler Travis Response:
did you get popcorn?

I like movie popcorn.

I like it, too, Bob, but unforutnately I didn't have a chance to eat dinner before hand, so I got some mediocre chicken tenders and fries to have something a little more substantial.

Thanks for asking.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-12-15, 12:24

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Spoiler:
Spoiler Travis Response:
The fans Miami. Not the movie people. The fans.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-12-15, 12:35

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: did you get popcorn?

I like movie popcorn.

I like it, too, Bob, but unforutnately I didn't have a chance to eat dinner before hand, so I got some mediocre chicken tenders and fries to have something a little more substantial.

Thanks for asking.
you are most welcome.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-12-15, 13:04

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
Spoiler Travis Response:
The fans Miami. Not the movie people. The fans.
Spoiler:
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-12-15, 13:09

This spoiler thing is kinda a pain in the ass. Can we make this just a spoiler thread or nah?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-12-15, 13:20

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:This spoiler thing is kinda a pain in the ass. Can we make this just a spoiler thread or nah?

Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious  - Page 4 Giphy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-12-15, 13:35

I don’t get it goose. Snowflake? I don’t think that’s really the right slam you were looking for. Maybe selfish dick that doesn’t like taking the extra 4 steps involved with the spoiler tags what with all of the annoying clicks and shit. Fine. Not snowflake though. That doesn’t make sense. Tighten up.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-12-15, 13:36

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I don’t get it goose. Snowflake? I don’t think that’s really the right slam you were looking for. Maybe selfish dick that doesn’t like taking the extra 4 steps involved with the spoiler tags what with all of the annoying clicks and shit. Fine. Not snowflake though. That doesn’t make sense. Tighten up.

Sorry man, I wasn't trying to "slam" you - just a little poke in the ribs. Sorry I didn't live up to expectations.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-12-15, 13:52

LooseGoose wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I don’t get it goose. Snowflake? I don’t think that’s really the right slam you were looking for. Maybe selfish dick that doesn’t like taking the extra 4 steps involved with the spoiler tags what with all of the annoying clicks and shit. Fine. Not snowflake though. That doesn’t make sense. Tighten up.

Sorry man, I wasn't trying to "slam" you - just a little poke in the ribs.   Sorry I didn't live up to expectations.
I’m just giving you shit. I love you.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-12-15, 13:54

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:This spoiler thing is kinda a pain in the ass. Can we make this just a spoiler thread or nah?
Is it really that hard to click your mouse one time? I suppose you could make a spoiler thread. Or ad spoilers to the title of this thread if you have the power. Seems that would take more clicks than it takes to create/read a spoiler.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-12-15, 13:56

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Is it really that hard to click your mouse one time?  I suppose you could make a spoiler thread.  Or ad spoilers to the title of this thread if you have the power.  Seems that would take more clicks than it takes to create/read a spoiler.
I exclusively use my phone for this site Miami.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-12-15, 15:33

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
Is it really that hard to click your mouse one time?  I suppose you could make a spoiler thread.  Or ad spoilers to the title of this thread if you have the power.  Seems that would take more clicks than it takes to create/read a spoiler.
I exclusively use my phone for this site Miami.
How'd you do the spoiler earlier? I guess that's why I thought you were on desktop.

At least one of the other options I mentioned are still open to you. Maybe both, but I don't even know who the mods are these days.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-12-15, 15:42

It was kinda a pain in the ass. Haha. I typed in the code for spoiler [spoiler ] [ spoiler ] with a backslash and no spaces in there. I’ll edit the thread title later when I get home. I don’t think anyone that would be worried about spoilers is clicking on the thread anyway
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-12-15, 16:26

Does Travis ever shut the fuck up?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2017-12-15, 18:52

Movie is going to start in 20 min. Hubby made me go today, when I would rather wait a few weeks .
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-12-15, 22:19

I think it's the riskiest Star Wars movie ever made. Didn't go the way I thought it would. Solid movie and easily the best since Empire. I need to see it again to really solidify my thoughts.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2017-12-15, 22:38

I am not a Star Wars fan. Hubby makes me go with him.
I did not care for it. I just wasn’t impressed. I expected more and it was missing something. Also had a few scenes I thought were so forced and just stupid.

Hubby actually isn’t sure what to think either. He said he would have to wait and see the next one to know if he liked it. He agreed with my thoughts on it being choppy and a few lame scenes. But he still enjoyed it.

I thought the force awakens was much better.

My 2 cents
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-12-16, 08:18

Hi Miami I changed the title so they should know now.

So you know I’m mostly joking about the over the top hate for yoda thing right? Anyway, he super fucking sucks.

I mostly liked the movie. The thing I really didn’t like was the whole Rey’s parents thing. Especially the reveal part. That, for me at least, took me out of the movie for a minute. The problem was that Rey doesn’t think her parents even are “anyone.” She wants to find them because they’re her parents. So when he’s all like “oh your parents are nobodies just some junk traders” she should have been like “uh yeah. I mean you’re not really answering my question here dude.” Its fans that suspected they were something other than nobody. So when he said that I was sitting there thinking that he’s talking to the audience more than the character in front of him, which is never a good look. 

The Leia in space thing was weird too. Whatever I guess, it’s weird but it didn’t bother me. I’m surprised they didn’t go back after she died and kill her off right there,  but I guess they wanted to the stuff with Luke at the end badly enough to now deal with the question mark of what to do now
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-12-16, 09:33

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Hi Miami I changed the title so they should know now.

So you know I’m mostly joking about the over the top hate for yoda thing right? Anyway, he super fucking sucks.

I mostly liked the movie. The thing I really didn’t like was the whole Rey’s parents thing. Especially the reveal part. That, for me at least, took me out of the movie for a minute. The problem was that Rey doesn’t think her parents even are “anyone.” She wants to find them because they’re her parents. So when he’s all like “oh your parents are nobodies just some junk traders” she should have been like “uh yeah. I mean you’re not really answering my question here dude.” Its fans that suspected they were something other than nobody. So when he said that I was sitting there thinking that he’s talking to the audience more than the character in front of him, which is never a good look. 

The Leia in space thing was weird too. Whatever I guess, it’s weird but it didn’t bother me. I’m surprised they didn’t go back after she died and kill her off right there,  but I guess they wanted to the stuff with Luke at the end badly enough to now deal with the question mark of what to do now
The important part about Rey's parents is not that they were nobodies, it's that they didn't want her, dumped her off (maybe sold? I forget), and were never planning on coming back for her in the first place. In TFA, she kept saying that she wanted to get back to Jakuu because she was waiting for them. So this realization changes her perspective from telling herself that they loved her and were trying to get back to her. She might still wonder who they were, why they discarded her, etc., but that's a very different emotion than thinking they love her and are trying to find her.

The Leia in space thing was a little weird, but the Star Wars universe has never been one where the depressurization of space or breathable air has been a concern. The weird part for me there was more the way she was floating back toward the ship. Just a weird angle she was at. I assume that there was something they were going for there.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-12-16, 09:49

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Hi Miami I changed the title so they should know now.

The important part about Rey's parents is not that they were nobodies, it's that they didn't want her, dumped her off (maybe sold? I forget), and were never planning on coming back for her in the first place.  In TFA, she kept saying that she wanted to get back to Jakuu because she was waiting for them.  So this realization changes her perspective from telling herself that they loved her and were trying to get back to her.  She might still wonder who they were, why they discarded her, etc., but that's a very different emotion than thinking they love her and are trying to find her.

The Leia in space thing was a little weird, but the Star Wars universe has never been one where the depressurization of space or breathable air has been a concern.  The weird part for me there was more the way she was floating back toward the ship. Just a weird angle she was at. I assume that there was something they were going for there.  
I get that. But then the scripting needs work because like I said, when I heard it my immediate reaction was that he’s talking to me more than her. Just using the phrase “they’re nobody” at all doesn’t make any sense in context of the movie. Leave that out and skip straight to “they were junk traders who sold you” would have been better. Honestly though, the best way that could work out now that it’s done is that he’s lying... which is totally possible. He does that a lot.

I liked the way that Snoke died, and I don’t particularly care where he came from like nerds tend to obsess about. He was so over the top arrogant that he didn’t even realize he was describing his own death. That was cool.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-12-16, 12:00

Travis, I agree with the Snoke take.

I was getting really annoyed when he was saying "If you strike me down I shall become more powerful," made me think he was actually Palpatine for a minute. I was so glad that they just killed him.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-12-17, 01:07

This is a pretty neat article that I didn’t have time to read til now. I dunno what’s y’alls thoughts

http://www.slashfilm.com/the-last-jedi-defense/
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-12-17, 10:03

Fair article. I do think it's obvious that they're trying to move the franchise on from the past, and the film said as much by showing people's doubts about how the Resistance can continue on, and those doubts being answered by comments about this spark of hope for the new generation.

Han, Luke, and Leia can't be the main characters or else it would turn into just a nostalgia movie, not unlike those movies where they put a bunch of old, famous actors together on some last hurrah adventure.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by keanro 2017-12-18, 04:24

I'm planning to watch the movie this week.
keanro
keanro
Spartiate

http://4wheelonline.com/kumho-tires.223939

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-12-18, 07:43

keanro wrote:I'm planning to watch the movie this week.

Let us know your opinion.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next