Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious

+22
keanro
Dendrobates
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
TheReal_LWS
NigelUno
y2kMgrad
DWags
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
Frank Ricard
CheesySpartan
tGreenWay
pulling69
Floyd Robertson
MiamiSpartan
Watch Out Pylon!
Travis of the Cosmos
InTenSity
Cameron
Rocinante
Death Roe
26 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious  - Page 6 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious

Post by Da Mayor Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:29 pm

Just went to see it. I'm so tired of having girl power shoved down my fucking throat.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious  - Page 6 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious

Post by Da Mayor Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:01 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:
Da Mayor wrote:Just went to see it. I'm so tired of having girl power shoved down my fucking throat.
Did you see IMAX or regular 3D?

Regular 2D bro. Gotta keep it old school.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:35 pm

Da Mayor wrote:Just went to see it. I'm so tired of having girl power shoved down my fucking throat.
The fact that you interpret it like that says more about you. There was no girl power message. The gender of the female characters were never mentioned. There wasn't a single line or action that would have been written differently if the female actors were male.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:46 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:
The gender of the female characters were never mentioned.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious  - Page 6 502811600
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:07 am

If you need some films where they shove some male power down your throat there’s always The Fast and the Furious one through seven.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:13 am

Y’all know that guy just says random shit that doesn’t make sense to rile you up right?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:26 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:
The fact that you interpret it like that says more about you. There was no girl power message. The gender of the female characters were never mentioned. There wasn't a single line or action that would have been written differently if the female actors were male.

Genders are so 20th century.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:51 am

At first I didn't like LSW's role in the film. He seemed to have the "anti Jedi" attitude. Not wise and logical like the others. But after thinking about it, it was always the way LSW was. Conflicted, full of questions and doubt, so it kinda all makes sense. His character never fully bought into the Jedi mindset. impulsive. Basically your drunk uncle who just happened to be a Jedi. but in the end sobered up enough to get the job done.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:52 am

But also he’s right because the Jedi are bullshit
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:04 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:But also he’s right because the Jedi are bullshit

My take on that was that he was saying the traditional idea that Jedi are special and the force bestowed on only a select few was bullshit. He point was it can be anyone. The resistance doesn't die because people think all the Jedi are gone. they're everywhere and the idea that he was the last was bullshit. Maybe it plays a central role in Rey wanting to know who her parents were. Ben tried to use it to convince her she came from nothing and wasn't Jedi worthy. Jedi aren't special but the mystique is being kept alive to keep the masses hopeful of some sort of higher diety.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:06 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Y’all know that guy just says random shit that doesn’t make sense to rile you up right?

Hardly, bro. The feminist agenda was about three layers too thick in this episode.

Some of you bros have been so emasculated by your wives. Sad.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:12 pm

kingstonlake wrote:

My take on that was that he was saying the traditional idea that Jedi are special and the force bestowed on only a select few was bullshit.  He point was it can be anyone.  The resistance doesn't die because people think all the Jedi are gone.  they're everywhere and the idea that he was the last was bullshit.  Maybe it plays a central role in Rey wanting to know who her parents were.  Ben tried to use it to convince her she came from nothing and wasn't Jedi worthy.  Jedi aren't special but the mystique is being kept alive to keep the masses hopeful of some sort of higher diety.
But also that their way of going about it and managing it is bullshit and stupid and leads to fuckin nazis taking over the galaxy.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:17 pm

I just put my truck nuts back on my vehicle.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:22 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

My take on that was that he was saying the traditional idea that Jedi are special and the force bestowed on only a select few was bullshit.  He point was it can be anyone.  The resistance doesn't die because people think all the Jedi are gone.  they're everywhere and the idea that he was the last was bullshit.  Maybe it plays a central role in Rey wanting to know who her parents were.  Ben tried to use it to convince her she came from nothing and wasn't Jedi worthy.  Jedi aren't special but the mystique is being kept alive to keep the masses hopeful of some sort of higher diety.
But also that their way of going about it and managing it is bullshit and stupid and leads to fuckin nazis taking over the galaxy.

I think that's pretty much a constant in every walk of life. In reality and make believe.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:25 pm

kingstonlake wrote:

I think that's pretty much a constant in every walk of life.  In reality and make believe.
It’s humorous how alt right type folks don’t particularly like this movie. Probably because their icon in this movie, Hux, is sorta a dipshit. But really what would you expect... he’s a hitter type figure who was super good at shouting evil shit but you weren’t exactly expecting him to have the balls fo go grab one of them laser swords and have a fight.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:17 pm

kingstonlake wrote:

I think that's pretty much a constant in every walk of life.  In reality and make believe.
It’s humorous how alt right type folks don’t particularly like this movie. Probably because their icon in this movie, Hux, is sorta a dipshit. But really what would you expect... he’s a hitter type figure who was super good at shouting evil shit but you weren’t exactly expecting him to have the balls fo go grab one of them laser swords and have a fight.

Don't make me move this thread, Travis....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:32 pm

You do you Kingston
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:33 pm

Da Mayor wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

The gender of the female characters were never mentioned.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious  - Page 6 502811600
Great rebuttal.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:57 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Da Mayor wrote:

Great rebuttal.

Bro, the line I quoted from you was so ridiculously nonsensical Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious  - Page 6 502811600
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:49 pm

kingstonlake wrote:At first I didn't like LSW's role in the film. He seemed to have the "anti Jedi" attitude. Not wise and logical like the others. But after thinking about it, it was always the way LSW was. Conflicted, full of questions and doubt, so it kinda all makes sense. His character never fully bought into the Jedi mindset. impulsive. Basically your drunk uncle who just happened to be a Jedi. but in the end sobered up enough to get the job done.

I thought Mark Hamill gave a great performance in the movie, but I didn't like what they did with Luke as a character. Neither did Mark Hamill, as a matter of fact. Luke is a natural born hero who seeks adventure and goes out of his way to help/save his friends in the original trilogy. Turning him into a hermit who only reluctantly helps doesn't seem right to me.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:20 pm

Is the final episode going to have the children kill everyone, because it's a general theme to kill kids in these movies.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:13 pm

InTenSity wrote:Is the final episode going to have the children kill everyone, because it's a general theme to kill kids in these movies.

Ha!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:22 pm

Da Mayor wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
Great rebuttal.

Bro, the line I quoted from you was so ridiculously nonsensical Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious  - Page 6 502811600
Only if you are intentionally being obtuse. The gender of Rey, Leia, or the Vice Admiral, was irrelevant to the story. There was never a "she's just a girl" type of line from the baddies or a "jedi girls rule, sith boys drool" type of line from the goodies. That's what I was saying if you need it spelled out.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:45 pm

kingstonlake wrote:

My take on that was that he was saying the traditional idea that Jedi are special and the force bestowed on only a select few was bullshit. He point was it can be anyone. The resistance doesn't die because people think all the Jedi are gone. they're everywhere and the idea that he was the last was bullshit. Maybe it plays a central role in Rey wanting to know who her parents were. Ben tried to use it to convince her she came from nothing and wasn't Jedi worthy. Jedi aren't special but the mystique is being kept alive to keep the masses hopeful of some sort of higher diety.
I agree and think that they were also saying that the jedi and sith don't own the force (Luke may have even literally said that). In The Force Awakens, Maz said something about how she's no Jedi, but she knows or understands the force. In Rogue One, we were introduced to a non-jedi force wielder. So they've been setting up this idea that the force can be used by non-jedi/sith. They may also have been drawing a parallel with spirituality/belief in a higher power vs any given organized religion (i.e., Christians, Jews, Muslims, and others all essentially believe in the same God, but none of them "own" that God).
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:05 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Da Mayor wrote:

Only if you are intentionally being obtuse. The gender of Rey, Leia, or the Vice Admiral, was irrelevant to the story. There was never a "she's just a girl" type of line from the baddies or a "jedi girls rule, sith boys drool" type of line from the goodies. That's what I was saying if you need it spelled out.

I'm sorry you've been emasculated by the feminist agenda, bro.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:29 pm

This troll sucks. Do better, ghost.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:01 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:This troll sucks. Do better, ghost.

I'm cum, bro.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:00 am

Yoda!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6