Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious

+22
keanro
Dendrobates
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
TheReal_LWS
NigelUno
y2kMgrad
DWags
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
Frank Ricard
CheesySpartan
tGreenWay
pulling69
Floyd Robertson
MiamiSpartan
Watch Out Pylon!
Travis of the Cosmos
InTenSity
Cameron
Rocinante
Death Roe
26 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious  - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious

Post by InTenSity 2017-10-09, 21:23

Floyd Robertson wrote:Has there been talk of a Greedo prequel yet? I bet his backstory is pretty colorful.
Did you read his story?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious  - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-10-09, 21:28

InTenSity wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Has there been talk of a Greedo prequel yet? I bet his backstory is pretty colorful.
Did you read his story?

No. I've never read any Star Wars stuff.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-10-09, 21:30

Floyd Robertson wrote:
InTenSity wrote:
Did you read his story?

They just released a huge anthology collection of stories from various side-characters.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-10-09, 21:33

Death Roe wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

They just released a huge anthology collection of stories from various side-characters.

Interesting. Maybe I'll check them out.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-10-09, 21:35

BTW, F you guys for glossing over my Greedo colorful joke.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-10-09, 21:49

Floyd Robertson wrote:BTW, F you guys for glossing over my Greedo colorful joke.

Sorry, Floyd.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-10-09, 22:02

Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-09, 22:06

Meh. Didn't seem that great. But I'll go see it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-10-09, 22:10

DWags wrote:Meh. Didn't seem that great. But I'll go see it.

You don't seem that great and your shoes are overrated.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2017-10-09, 22:28

As will I. For me the nostalgia factor weighs heavy in this series. The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi may be the first two movies I ever saw. And I've seen them many times. I hated the ones with Jar Jar Binks but the last couple have been solid. The only thing they're missing is a character with the charisma of Han Solo. His one-liners in the first three episodes were gold.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-10-09, 22:37

The problem is it would be too much CGI, as they'd have to shoot pretty much the whole thing against a green screen.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-10-09, 22:45

Justice League trailer > Star Wars trailer
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-10-09, 22:45

y2kMgrad wrote:

As will I. For me the nostalgia factor weighs heavy in this series. The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi may be the first two movies I ever saw. And I've seen them many times. I hated the ones with Jar Jar Binks but the last couple have been solid. The only thing they're missing is a character with the charisma of Han Solo. His one-liners in the first three episodes were gold.

Gold...

Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious  - Page 2 Winovich_michigan-832x447
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-10-09, 22:52

I got mine for me, twife, daughter, nephews and BIL, for Thursday the 14th at 8pm. Had to opt for a second choice theater though, and without only regular 3D, not the larger format.

They definitely didn't wait until after the trailer at half time to start selling. I got on with about 2 minutes left in the half, and everything for Thursday at my go to theater (Cinemark) prior to 10pm only had single tickets, nothing together. It's a school night, so we weren't going to do one that late.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-10-09, 23:34

Floyd Robertson wrote:BTW, F you guys for glossing over my Greedo colorful joke.

Star Wars fans take the franchise much too seriously to ever joke about any characters, except Uncle Owen. Man, that dude was a selfish prick.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-10-09, 23:35

tGreenWay wrote:

Star Wars fans take the franchise much too seriously to ever joke about any characters, except Uncle Owen. Man, that dude was a selfish prick.

Hey asshole, WTF is your problem with Uncle Owen?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-10-09, 23:40

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Where do I even start? Like I said, he was a selfish prick. Only cared about himself and his crops, wouldn't let Luke join his friends at school, and in the bedroom, only lasted long enough for his own enjoyment. Poor Aunt Beru never once had an orgasm.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-10-09, 23:58

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Where do I even start? Like I said, he was a selfish prick. Only cared about himself and his crops, wouldn't let Luke join his friends at school, and in the bedroom, only lasted long enough for his own enjoyment. Poor Aunt Beru never once had an orgasm.

That is more thought out than I expected....
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-10-10, 08:21

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/917584285187624960
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-10-10, 08:30

Ok, that looks pretty good. I thought the first movie (can't even remember the name but the one that came out 2 years ago) was overrated nostalgia rubbish with some of the worst overacting in the history of film. But the trailer for this new one looks good. I like when they take a darker turn.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-10-10, 08:33

Like Roc said, I'm going to be pissed if this just rips off Empire Strikes Back.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-10-10, 11:21

Death Roe wrote:Like Roc said, I'm going to be pissed if this just rips off Empire Strikes Back.

Fuckin Luke better not die and he better be an ass whipping jedi master who is actually central to the advancement of the plot and not just Yoda 2.0.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-10-10, 11:25

Rocinante wrote:
Death Roe wrote:Like Roc said, I'm going to be pissed if this just rips off Empire Strikes Back.

Fuckin Luke better not die and he better be an ass whipping jedi master who is actually central to the advancement of the plot and not just Yoda 2.0.

Here's my theory.

Luke is still the most powerful being in the galaxy, hence Snoke being afraid of him in TFA.

He is afraid of making the same mistakes with Rey that led to Kylo/Ben turning evil, it shattered his world I think, especially since it was his own nephew.

Snoke ends up being disappointed with Kylo Ren as a whole, and thus turns his attention to Rey and tries to seduce her. Kylo smashing his helmet is after a scene like this, I think. He fails to kill his mother, and the First Order does it for him, with the result of him going rogue and being good again.

Luke goes to rescue Rey, and Snoke wants Kylo to fight him, but cannot after what happened to Leia. Luke tells Kylo how Darth Vader saved him, and Luke can save Kylo now.

I have this feeling Rey becomes evil and Kylo and Luke will unite to try and save her from Snoke's temptations.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-10-10, 11:31

That sounds... ok.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-10-10, 11:35

I mean, it wouldn't be a complete ripoff of Empire.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-10-10, 11:49

Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious  - Page 2 DLx4XtKX0AMBdaL
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-10-10, 11:49

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-10-10, 11:59

Rocinante wrote:

If he dies, he will become more powerful than you can imagine.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-10-10, 14:20

Empire sucked.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-10-10, 14:25

Is the Last Jedi one person, or is Jedi plural?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-10-10, 14:27

What if they find another Jedi after The Last Jedi?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-10-10, 14:33

tGreenWay wrote:What if they find another Jedi after The Last Jedi?

That would be The Next Jedi.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-10-10, 14:34

tGreenWay wrote:What if they find another Jedi after The Last Jedi?

The Jedi Strikes Back?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-10-10, 14:37

Excellent. Excelllllent.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-10-10, 16:09

I got it: Change the name of the movie to The Next to Last Jedi.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-10-10, 16:17

Return of the Jedi?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-10-10, 16:33

Dude, you just blew my mind.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-10-11, 16:00

Star Wars: The Last Jedi- There are spoilers now here because the spoiler tag thing is obnoxious  - Page 2 DLzFZtuVwAAJ0fI
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-12-10, 09:55

Early reviews are it’s amazing and possibly the best one.

Excited to check it out next weekend.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-12-10, 10:14

steveschneider wrote:Early reviews are it’s amazing and possibly the best one.

Excited to check it out next weekend.

Did you expect anything else?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next