Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So Lukusa does want to play football...just not at MSU

+19
SawGreen
MiamiSpartan
Travis of the Cosmos
CheesySpartan
GRR Spartan
Watch Out Pylon!
Floyd Robertson
WhiteBoyHatcher
DWags
tGreenWay
Death Roe
NigelUno
Blanch32
Banks2Mason
Clarett's Folly
kingstonlake
Vlad
Herbie Green
The_Dude
23 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

So Lukusa does want to play football...just not at MSU - Page 3 Empty Re: So Lukusa does want to play football...just not at MSU

Post by Nordic 2017-04-19, 19:19

The_Dude wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:Brian Cole went from Michigan to Scuba Tech from Last Chance U.
This shit happens fairly regularly.

There's a name from the past..

Between him, Campbell, Morris and Harris UM has had big in state busts.

Drake Harris will change that....or Lawrence Marshall
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

So Lukusa does want to play football...just not at MSU - Page 3 Empty Re: So Lukusa does want to play football...just not at MSU

Post by The Pantry 2017-04-19, 19:24

DWags wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:A kid who quit before spring practice to drink with his bros and will be playing at a JUCO. Truly a devastating loss.

So, I"m down in Florida, and I'm at the pool by our condo, just kind of hanging out.  Have an MSU shirt on. Guy asks if I'm from Michigan, yada yada, he's Photographer from TC and his wife is a dace studio owner up there and actually knows one of my kids from competitions.  So, we talk about shit for a while.  He is neighbors with the kids mom up there.  Evidently there is a big dynamic going on between the kid, the mom the dad and wotnot.  

Here's all I'm sayin:  Know how maybe one parent coddles and the other is overly aggressive?  Know how if he, or really any other kid, has been living with the parent that is strict as hell and has rules like in bed by 10, let me see your homework, maybe you can use the cell phone till 8, lift weights, watch what you eat and shit like that?  Then, lets say that kid, or any other kid who is under someone's thumb like that, finally breaks out of it and lives on their own?   Well, that kid usually starts having a damn good time I'd imagine.   To the point where a good time is waaaaayyyyyy better than getting up at 5 am and seeing manny, or being checked on in classes.    Sometimes I'm betting it could just be that the kid wants less structure and more "fun" and frankly I don't blame some kids who have been raised in a certain way.  

Wonder if you played at MSU or at a juco somewhere, where it most likely would be a bit more laid back?  Especially in good weather etc.   hmmmmmm
Kind of similar to Vlad despising religion because his parents raised him Baptist
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-04-19, 20:44

tGreenWay wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Is a thread title a fact? It would make things a lot easier to assume so, but others are saying it is full of shit?

Good of you to admit what the douche posted was written based on no facts.

Actually it now appears that Lukuska is in fact playing football so your post just doesn't make any sense at all.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-04-19, 20:49

LooseGoose wrote:I've noticed Blanch's "crew" on tBob. Him and Herbie.

Actually the place was over run by flamers from this board. Ironically the same people that wanted to get rid of us came over to stalk us and post constantly.
BTW, what happened to all those new posters that were going to sigm up when we left?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-04-19, 20:56

Herbie Green wrote:

Actually the place was over run by flamers from this board. Ironically the same people that wanted to get rid of us came over to stalk us and post constantly.
BTW, what happened to all those new posters that were going to sigm up when we left?

When did you leave?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-04-19, 21:01

LooseGoose wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

When did you leave?

Shouldn't you be asking yourself that question?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-04-19, 21:08

Herbie Green wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

When did you leave?

lol, you even fail at clever.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-04-19, 21:17

LooseGoose wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

lol, you even fail at clever.

lol!

The unintentional comedy like this is the only thing that keeps me here.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-04-19, 21:19

Herbie just loves needling people and being an asshole. I'm at least 90% certain he's smarter than he pretends to be.

I don't know man, I'm happy to have serious conversations about the serious problems with the football program. They are real, and no one is denying that. Seemingly every day something new happens that erodes the confidence in our ability to bounce back of even the most optimistic Spartan fans.

I just don't really want to have those conversations with an idiot who can't spell or enunciate a coherent thought, a racist political wacko who is bullied by his UM buddies, etc, etc. I don't really mind having those conversations with Herbie or Vlad personally.

That said, I don't think Thiyo Lukasa deciding to play (some kind of?) ball at a D3 college is quite the damning indictment to freak out over.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2017-04-19, 21:28

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Herbie just loves needling people and being an asshole. I'm at least 90% certain he's smarter than he pretends to be.

I don't know man, I'm happy to have serious conversations about the serious problems with the football program. They are real, and no one is denying that. Seemingly every day something new happens that erodes the confidence in our ability to bounce back of even the most optimistic Spartan fans.

I just don't really want to have those conversations with an idiot who can't spell or enunciate a coherent thought, a racist political wacko who is bullied by his UM buddies, etc, etc. I don't really mind having those conversations with Herbie or Vlad personally.

That said, I don't think Thiyo Lukasa deciding to play (some kind of?) ball at a D3 college is quite the damning indictment to freak out over.

Actually it's pretty hard to tell who is "freaking out", if anyone. I've been following the program for 30+ years now, and that includes a couple of probations, so I doubt that I will do anything differently going forward, regardless of where this Lukusa kid plays ball or how these investigations turn out.

I didn't detect any freaking out in Dude's text either, but I may have missed it.

Last edited by Vlad on 2017-04-19, 21:35; edited 1 time in total
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-04-19, 21:30

Well he did say the staff should be fired. I think.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-04-19, 21:31

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2017/02/thiyo_lukusa_leaves_michigan_s.html

"He declined to elaborate on the reasons for his departure, but told the Free Press that he was giving up football: "I'm definitely not passionate enough about football right now to have my life revolve around it"..."

And now he's going to the same JUCO that took in Craig Evans.

So...consider me skeptical that he "quit".

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2017-04-19, 21:35

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Well he did say the staff should be fired. I think.

And they might get fired, let's see what happens.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-04-19, 21:37

Nigel I think you're reading too much into that personally. Coach Staten had some pretty candid "off podium" remarks about his departure, and while he didn't name names, it was very obvious who he was referring to. I think it was a mutual parting of ways.

'Hey, you gotta put in the work. If you don't want to put in the work, maybe this isn't for you. Think on it.' (probably after it being obvious for a bit that he wasn't putting in the work)

'Yeah coach I don't think this is for me.'

Maybe Staten was covering for some failed tests or maybe they were part of that 'not putting in the work' equation.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-04-19, 21:40

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Nigel I think you're reading too much into that personally. Coach Staten had some pretty candid "off podium" remarks about his departure, and while he didn't name names, it was very obvious who he was referring to. I think it was a mutual parting of ways.

'Hey, you gotta put in the work. If you don't want to put in the work, maybe this isn't for you. Think on it.' (probably after it being obvious for a bit that he wasn't putting in the work)

Maybe Staten was covering for some failed tests or maybe they were part of that 'not putting in the work' equation.

I don't think he quit. I think it was a joint decision.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-04-19, 21:42

He said he might be asked to leave after next season. That isn't even that far fetched at this point.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-04-19, 21:46

NigelUno wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Nigel I think you're reading too much into that personally. Coach Staten had some pretty candid "off podium" remarks about his departure, and while he didn't name names, it was very obvious who he was referring to. I think it was a mutual parting of ways.

Like a mutual parting of ways?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-04-19, 21:49

Herbie Green wrote:

He said he might be asked to leave after next season. That isn't even that far fetched at this point.

Ok....

Possible. If all of the off field stuff continues. If he was involved in the Nassar shit coverup or there was a coverup with the Sexual Assault stuff I'd hope he'd be gone sooner than that.

He's earned a lot of rope, though, in regards to ON FIELD stuff. The team could go 0-12 next year and I don't think he would be asked to leave and I suspect you know that, as well.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-04-19, 21:51

NigelUno wrote:

Why were they playing a true freshman on the offensive line if he had a bad work ethic?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-04-19, 22:07

Some kids respond to the hint/message (Derrick Nix).

Some kids don't.

But definitely fire the entire staff. This kid deciding to leave is reason enough.  Fucking idiots.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-04-19, 22:16

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Like a mutual parting of ways?

Yes. Sorry if I haven't made that clear.

I don't think he just got sick of playing football.

Maybe he did though...and 2 months later, he changed his mind and wants to play at a JUCO. Good Luck to him.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-04-19, 22:21

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Why were they playing a true freshman on the offensive line if he had a bad work ethic?

Herbie, here is some #realtalk.

Because they whiffed on the '12 and '13 classes in terms of OL/DL and did you watch Manny Machado at all?

Again, this year was a result of a culmination of things.....everything and anything that could have gone wrong did. And on top of that some weak classes who were supposed to be upperclassmen. And on top of THAT the staff did not see it coming. It fucking sucked hard.

The question is can they recover? On and off the field.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-04-19, 22:27

gHost Spartan wrote:We can't expect that every kid that joins the football program is going to have the best experience of their lives and contribute all four (or five) years that they're at MSU. These are 18-22 year old kids with a lot of talent and quirks. That a very small percentage of kids wash out or transfer is not surprising.

Anyway, Coach D has his work cut out for him. I am not as confident as I once was that he can turn it around, but I certainly hope so. He's brought me a lot of joy as a fan over the past ten years.

I mean, yeah, this is a very solid take and I agree with it.

My confidence has eroded, surely. I hope we can recover. I think Coach D has it in him. I'm a lot less confident than I was 9 months ago.

I don't think he should be fired (based on what we know). That's fucking stupid.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-04-19, 22:34

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Maybe his hypothetical bad work ethic started after the season was over.

Or maybe he had a great work ethic and just wanted to quit, and then changed his mind 2 months later.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-04-19, 22:37

You guys aren't going to come to a conclusion. I just guessed based on what a guy I didn't know told me at a pool in Florida over a beer.

So yeah, it could be anything.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-04-19, 22:47

It is true Vlad blows me off constantly. he is my dwags and I am his nigel
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-04-19, 22:49

kingstonlake wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:I've noticed Blanch's "crew" on tBob.   Him and Herbie.

blanch has a "crew" now?  My god, there must be a cumulative IQ of like, 57.

suprised you haven't joined Nigel and DR to tBob current. conversation right at your level
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-04-19, 22:50

Herbie Green wrote:

The Dowager Lady Margret, Countess and Prefict of Northumbria trick 101 lol
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-04-19, 22:52

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Herbie just loves needling people and being an asshole. I'm at least 90% certain he's smarter than he pretends to be.

Sincerely,

The blowar who guarenteedo victory over osu in football after we beat rutgers
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-04-19, 22:54

Vlad wrote:

not if hollis doesn't go first
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-04-19, 22:55

fwiw, can't say Staten would inspir3 me either to play o line.....
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-04-19, 22:57

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Herbie, here is some #realtalk.

Because they whiffed on the '12 and '13 classes in terms of OL/DL and did you watch Manny Machado at all?

Again, this year was a result of a culmination of things.....everything and anything that could have gone wrong did. And on top of that some weak classes who were supposed to be upperclassmen. And on top of THAT the staff did not see it coming. It fucking sucked hard.

The question is can they recover? On and off the field.

th3 coaches not seeing this coming at all is the terrifying part to me....starting with Dantonio
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-04-19, 23:10

NigelUno wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Or maybe he had a great work ethic and just wanted to quit, and then changed his mind 2 months later.

How about the theory that he is playing basketball and so now he is going to play football too even though he hates it. That is my favorite.

....I actually think your story makes more sense and would make even more if he was just flat out kicked off the team. And for reasons more off the field.
Either that or tDude is correct and the locker room is really this bad.
If this is an isolated issue you can write it off as no big deal but when the team went 3-9 and is under a cloud of criminal investigations you can lump it into the larger question of whether Dantonio has lost the locker room.
That might not even be the question, but rather whether he can win it back.
I love Dantonio and think he is safe but what if we have another losing season and have multiple players arrested? Both of those things are highly probable. That still might not be enough for him to lose his job but he is going to be treading on thin ice.

Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-04-19, 23:32

Herbie, I know you're talking to Nigel and probably looking for a sparring partner but I am engaged in the conversation somewhat so I want to respond.

I don't think anyone who is reasonable would disagree with the bulk of what you said in that post.

1. The lockeroom WAS that bad. The evidence has surfaced. It WAS that bad. If you don't know all the details let me know and I can fill you in on a lot of them.
2. It was not an isolated issue. Again, the room WAS bad and in addition to all of the problems that arose because of that, there were a number of extremely unlucky things (injuries, etc) that happened. I would put the Lukasa thing between the two. Probably had at least something to do with the lockeroom being bad.
3. If Coach D lost the room, he's fighting hard to get it back. There was obviously SOME level of complacency, some level of assumption that the show would go on/the program would continue to run on cruise control. But there's been attrition, there's been evidence that the staff is looking towards different types of kids to bring into the program moving forward.
4. I don't know if I would say it's "highly probable" that we have another losing season and have multiple players arrested, but yes, if both were to occur I think it's a good bet that he would be on thin ice.

Again, his on and off field performance before this year has warranted a lot of leeway, and 1 bad season on and off the field is not going to jeopardize that, nor would 2 bad on field seasons. But I do not think our admin would stand for these types of off field shenanigans (bad luck or not) to go on for much longer.

I think that's all reasonable.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-04-19, 23:42

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

How about the theory that he is playing basketball and so now he is going to play football too even though he hates it. That is my favorite.

....I actually think your story makes more sense and would make even more if he was just flat out kicked off the team. And for reasons more off the field.
If this is an isolated issue you can write it off as no big deal but when the team went 3-9 and is under a cloud of criminal investigations you can lump it into the larger question of whether Dantonio has lost the locker room.
I love Dantonio and think he is safe but what if we have another losing season and have multiple players arrested? Both of those things are highly probable. That still might not be enough for him to lose his job but he is going to be treading on thin ice.

Can you give me some numbers on those? Like the probability of each happening?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2017-04-20, 06:51

Blanch32 wrote:
Vlad wrote:

not if hollis doesn't go first

Agree. Let's keep in mind that this has already reached into the staff, with one guy being suspended and likely never to work for MSU again.

Given MD's age and heart health, this could still go either way.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-04-20, 07:39

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Herbie, I know you're talking to Nigel and probably looking for a sparring partner but I am engaged in the conversation somewhat so I want to respond.

I don't think anyone who is reasonable would disagree with the bulk of what you said in that post.

1. The lockeroom WAS that bad. The evidence has surfaced. It WAS that bad. If you don't know all the details let me know and I can fill you in on a lot of them.
2. It was not an isolated issue. Again, the room WAS bad and in addition to all of the problems that arose because of that, there were a number of extremely unlucky things (injuries, etc) that happened. I would put the Lukasa thing between the two. Probably had at least something to do with the lockeroom being bad.
3. If Coach D lost the room, he's fighting hard to get it back. There was obviously SOME level of complacency, some level of assumption that the show would go on/the program would continue to run on cruise control. But there's been attrition, there's been evidence that the staff is looking towards different types of kids to bring into the program moving forward.
4. I don't know if I would say it's "highly probable" that we have another losing season and have multiple players arrested, but yes, if both were to occur I think it's a good bet that he would be on thin ice.

Again, his on and off field performance before this year has warranted a lot of leeway, and 1 bad season on and off the field is not going to jeopardize that, nor would 2 bad on field seasons. But I do not think our admin would stand for these types of off field shenanigans (bad luck or not) to go on for much longer.

I think that's all reasonable.

Well I don't find much in your posts to disagree with so I have nothing to add.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-04-20, 07:49

NigelUno wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Can you give me some numbers on those? Like the probability of each happening?

I would go with about 75% and 90% off the top of my head.

ESPN FPI forecasts 5.2 wins. I know bogus metric. Vegas numbers should be coming out shortly and I don't expect much different. I fear the expectations are actually even lower because of the difficulty measuring locker room problems.
I don't think you need me to provide backgroud for the players under investigation. Plus add in football players might get arrested in any given year outside of those ongoing
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-04-20, 08:34

Lukusa decides he missed football more than he anticipated and is making a comeback which means MSU sould shutter its football facilities and get rid of staff.

Solid shit bird logic.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-04-20, 08:39

GRR Spartan wrote:Lukusa decides he missed football more than he anticipated and is making a comeback which means MSU sould shutter its football facilities and get rid of staff.

Solid shit bird logic.

Great addition to the discussion
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next