Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Supreme Court

+34
sεяεηιτλ
PennSpartan
duffy munn
Pervis Muldoon
Bredo Morstoel
RQA
Trapper Gus
TrapperGus
MiamiSpartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
tTy
Motown Spartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
AvgMSUJoe
Jake from State Farm
Cameron
InTenSity
Heat Miser
DWags
Dr. Strangelove
Dendrobates
steveschneider
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
tGreenWay
Rocinante
I.B. Fine
msugolfguy
NigelUno
kingstonlake
GRR Spartan
Turtleneck
Travis of the Cosmos
38 posters

Page 8 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 27  Next

Go down

The Supreme Court - Page 8 Empty Re: The Supreme Court

Post by kingstonlake Thu 27 Sep 2018 - 23:29

Rocinante wrote:The republicans were smart not to question Ford themselves.

“During a break in the hearing, Senator Orrin G. Hatch, Republican of Utah, told reporters: “I don’t think she’s uncredible. I think she’s an attractive, good witness.” Asked for clarity, he said, “In other words, she’s pleasing.”

Also, it’s unfortunate that a lot of people take indignant anger to be some indication of truthfulness. More often it’s the opposite.

Yup
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 27 Sep 2018 - 23:30

Rocinante wrote:

“During a break in the hearing, Senator Orrin G. Hatch, Republican of Utah, told reporters: “I don’t think she’s uncredible. I think she’s an attractive, good witness.” Asked for clarity, he said, “In other words, she’s pleasing.”

The Supreme Court - Page 8 What
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu 27 Sep 2018 - 23:42

Did your ever black out?
I was top of my class...

Did you drink in excess?
I was on the basketball team...

We're you ever aggressive while drinking?
I lived weights during the week....

Did you ever pass out from drinking?
I worked my butt off...

Did you ever have loss of memory from drinking?
I played football

Did you ever throw up from drinking?
I have a week stomach....

Do you want a full investigation from the FBI to clear your name, give your family closure, end all this speculation, get back your Sterling prep school spotless reputation?
Uh... Whatever the committee....uhhhh...I wanted yesterday....ummmm they don't make conclusions....well ummmm...I PLAYED BASKETBALL AND LIFTED WEIGHTS!!!! ARRRRGGGGHHHH....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 28 Sep 2018 - 1:03

This dude is SO going to get confirmed.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Fri 28 Sep 2018 - 1:55

kingstonlake wrote:

Did your ever black out?
I was top of my class...

Did you drink in excess?
I was on the basketball team...

We're you ever aggressive while drinking?
I lived weights during the week....

Did you ever pass out from drinking?
I worked my butt off...

Did you ever have loss of memory from drinking?
I played football

Did you ever throw up from drinking?
I have a week stomach....

Do you want a full investigation from the FBI to clear your name, give your family closure, end all this speculation, get back your Sterling prep school spotless reputation?
Uh... Whatever the committee....uhhhh...I wanted yesterday....ummmm they don't make conclusions....well ummmm...I PLAYED BASKETBALL AND LIFTED WEIGHTS!!!! ARRRRGGGGHHHH....

Confirmed.  Suck on it you fucking f a g g ott liberals.......
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Fri 28 Sep 2018 - 1:56

Rocinante wrote:This dude is SO going to get confirmed.

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri 28 Sep 2018 - 3:09

Awwwwwe, did you cry like a bitch during the hearing like your sexual assault hero?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 28 Sep 2018 - 6:31

Rocinante wrote:This dude is SO going to get confirmed.
ya think? The Supreme Court - Page 8 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 28 Sep 2018 - 6:42

First of all, the guy will be confirmed. Just look at the modern Republican party and their history of misogyny.

That's not troubling to me - you know what you get when you blindly support someone who brags about sexually assaulting women and has credible allegations against him of raping a 13 year old girl.

What is most troubling to me is the message this sends to our sons and daughters. Thankfully, our daughter is 19 - she knows of the Brett Kavanaugh's and the sexual predator nature of people like him.

I can't imagine raising her right now if she was young(er) and saw this type of behavior not only rewarded but celebrated.

It's also sad that boys can look not only at the sexual predator in the White House but now at the predatory behavior of someone who will be a Supreme Court Justice, and think that their abhorrent behaviors aren't only rewarded, but expected.

Hoping we have some good parents out there that can overcome this reckless display and disregard for our mom's, sister's, wive's and daughter's.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy Fri 28 Sep 2018 - 6:54

Robert J Sakimano wrote:First of all, the guy will be confirmed. Just look at the modern Republican party and their history of misogyny.

That's not troubling to me - you know what you get when you blindly support someone who brags about sexually assaulting women and has credible allegations against him of raping a 13 year old girl.

What is most troubling to me is the message this sends to our sons and daughters. Thankfully, our daughter is 19 - she knows of the Brett Kavanaugh's and the sexual predator nature of people like him.

I can't imagine raising her right now if she was young(er) and saw this type of behavior not only rewarded but celebrated.

It's also sad that boys can look not only at the sexual predator in the White House but now at the predatory behavior of someone who will be a Supreme Court Justice, and think that their abhorrent behaviors aren't only rewarded, but expected.

Hoping we have some good parents out there that can overcome this reckless display and disregard for our mom's, sister's, wive's and daughter's.

Don't post that on the other board Bob. Some people won't like that.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri 28 Sep 2018 - 7:32

Outlines GOP strategy to get Kavanaugh confirmed -

https://twitter.com/theplumlinegs/status/1045610113837486081

American Bar Association pushing for a delay to the vote -

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/28/us/politics/judge-kavanaugh-american-bar-association-fbi.html

May be the last chance to halt the vote today but I don’t think it matters this guy is getting confirmed. I guess on the bright side I buy into the argument that the GOP is losing the women vote in droves and will cost them dearly in upcoming elections.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri 28 Sep 2018 - 7:37

And maybe Dershowitz can feel comfortable back at Martha Vineyards parties.

https://twitter.com/theplumlinegs/status/1045620870272757760

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri 28 Sep 2018 - 7:45

Kavanaugh lied under oath again.

https://twitter.com/aravosis/status/1045456140191105024

He’s perjured himself multiple times now and it should be disqualifying for a position on the highest court.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri 28 Sep 2018 - 8:03

American Bar Association: Delay Kavanaugh until FBI investigates assault allegations

Sounds prudent to me.

Washington (CNN)The American Bar Association is calling on the Senate Judiciary Committee to halt the consideration of President Donald Trump's Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh until an FBI investigation is completed into the sexual assault allegations that have roiled his nomination.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 28 Sep 2018 - 9:01

Floyd Robertson wrote:American Bar Association: Delay Kavanaugh until FBI investigates assault allegations

Sounds prudent to me.

Washington (CNN)The American Bar Association is calling on the Senate Judiciary Committee to halt the consideration of President Donald Trump's Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh until an FBI investigation is completed into the sexual assault allegations that have roiled his nomination.
wasn't one of the Senator's yesterday defending Kavanaugh extolling the virtue of the ABA?

not that moral consistency and intellectual honesty matter to a bunch of misogynists as it relates to sexual assault.. but it's certainly worth pointing out.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 28 Sep 2018 - 9:02

msugolfguy wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:First of all, the guy will be confirmed. Just look at the modern Republican party and their history of misogyny.

if by "other board" you mean the main board, no worries.. The Supreme Court - Page 8 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy Fri 28 Sep 2018 - 9:23

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
msugolfguy wrote:

if by "other board" you mean the main board, no worries.. The Supreme Court - Page 8 969504605

Lol. I believe the board you left of your own free will.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 28 Sep 2018 - 9:29

msugolfguy wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: if by "other board" you mean the main board, no worries.. The Supreme Court - Page 8 969504605

Lol. I believe the board you left of your own free will.
oh, that one.. The Supreme Court - Page 8 502811600

yeah - they're not real big on free speech over there.. so no worries about me hanging out there..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri 28 Sep 2018 - 9:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:American Bar Association: Delay Kavanaugh until FBI investigates assault allegations

Sounds prudent to me.

wasn't one of the Senator's yesterday defending Kavanaugh extolling the virtue of the ABA?

not that moral consistency and intellectual honesty matter to a bunch of misogynists as it relates to sexual assault.. but it's certainly worth pointing out.

I'll take your word for that because I couldn't follow the whole thing yesterday.

In the inconsistency vein, I did see an interesting tidbit on Twitter last night. Something along the lines of Kav discrediting lie detectors yesterday which flies in the face of an opinion he wrote years ago which stated that detectors are acceptable for background checks.

O really, what's good for the goose isn't good for the gander?

Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri 28 Sep 2018 - 10:04

This is spot on and was touched upon in the Bill Maher Nancy Maclean interview I posted last week.

https://twitter.com/redistrict/status/1045450907381641216

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 28 Sep 2018 - 10:11

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: wasn't one of the Senator's yesterday defending Kavanaugh extolling the virtue of the ABA?

I'll take your word for that because I couldn't follow the whole thing yesterday.

In the inconsistency vein, I did see an interesting tidbit on Twitter last night. Something along the lines of Kav discrediting lie detectors yesterday which flies in the face of an opinion he wrote years ago which stated that detectors are acceptable for background checks.

O really, what's good for the goose isn't good for the gander?

I believe it was Lindsey Graham yesterday (what a complete jerk that guy is, by the way) who referred to Kavanaugh's highest rating or commendation (or whatever they call it) from the ABA.

all my usual stuff aside - I have never seen an innocent man be so opposed to a full investigation in my life. Kavanaugh and the Republicans supporting him are doing everything they possibly can to keep from getting to the truth and, subsequently, clear his name.

and that speaks volumes about his guilt.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 28 Sep 2018 - 10:41

and in a shock to absolutely nobody...

#Breaking: Sen. Jeff Flake announces in a statement that he will vote YES on Kavanaugh, @kasie reports.

The Supreme Court - Page 8 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 28 Sep 2018 - 11:53

powerful video here, if you're brave enough to watch it.

Survivors of sexual assault confront Jeff Flake on an elevator - you can see just how cowardly he is as these brave women, through tears, beg him to "look at me and tell me that it doesn't matter what happened to me"..

Bless these women.. and all women. You deserve better than what America currently stands for.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 28 Sep 2018 - 12:00

Jeff Flake to reporters: “If you believe” Dr. Blasey, “you vote no.”

I mean is anyone surprised? But still he’s such a cuck.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri 28 Sep 2018 - 18:39

What a wild week. I’m starting to lean towards he won’t get confirmed. Kavanaugh definitely did not want the fbi to investigate and I trust there’s a good reason why. Dude is hiding something.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 28 Sep 2018 - 18:45

steveschneider wrote:What a wild week. I’m starting to lean towards he won’t get confirmed. Kavanaugh definitely did not want the fbi to investigate and I trust there’s a good reason why. Dude is hiding something.

You’re wrong. That dude is getting on the court. I don’t have the patience for hope anymore.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri 28 Sep 2018 - 18:50

I think Kavanaughs big problem and why he wouldn't go on record as wanting a re-opening of the background isn't whether he assaulted Ford. It was over 30 years ago and it probably boils down to he said, she said. He's terrified that if they talk to people he went to school with, it won't be hard for people to recollect that he was a hard partying frat boy who passed out, got angry or aggressive easily. A direct perjure of his testimony. I think it boils down to him knowing he's lying under oath in the picture he painted of himself. Hell, he basically already did it on Fox. FBI interviews will provide the corroborating proof needed. It's never the crime, its the cover up.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri 28 Sep 2018 - 19:15

I thought the FBI is only going to take one week to investigate the claims from Ford. Nothing else is getting brought up.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri 28 Sep 2018 - 19:27

InTenSity wrote:I thought the FBI is only going to take one week to investigate the claims from Ford. Nothing else is getting brought up.

The Judiciary Committee officially requested the FBI investigation, saying it should probe "current credible allegations" against Kavanaugh, and Republicans said it would be up to the FBI to decide what allegations are considered credible.

I think Ford claimed he and Judge were drunk.  I assume those types of questions would be within scope.  Asking about a party, whether they were drunk, ever drunk before, etc?  I think Kavanaugh claims he wasn't even there. I'd assume if it is clear he lied about ever passing out or having issues digesting salsa The Supreme Court - Page 8 1966794946 ......... I mean if you can't be honest about puking.......
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 28 Sep 2018 - 22:57

steveschneider wrote:What a wild week. I’m starting to lean towards he won’t get confirmed. Kavanaugh definitely did not want the fbi to investigate and I trust there’s a good reason why. Dude is hiding something.
agree - depending on the validity, authenticity and accuracy of the investigation, it'll be interesting.

Kavanaugh is clearly opposed to it. And we all know why.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 28 Sep 2018 - 23:00

Rocinante wrote:

You’re wrong. That dude is getting on the court. I don’t have the patience for hope anymore.
yep - he'll still get confirmed by a bunch of misogynists. I suspect the only reason they've agreed to whatever they've agreed to is so they can play the "see.. we really do respect women" card to their constituents.

That said, major props to the ladies who confronted Flake in the video I posted. I suspect it's the only reason the "pause" button has been pushed.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat 29 Sep 2018 - 0:08

Rocinante wrote:

More allegations can turn up, Avenatti is going to dothe tv rounds with his client, and let’s be real Kavanaugh’s tv appearances have been a disaster. He comes off as a real shit head prick and a liar.

Also, he’s had money issues, he’s perjured himself and he’s a sexual predator. My money is on the fbi turns something up.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat 29 Sep 2018 - 0:32

Pretty fascinating read.

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1045875079475863553

This whole thing is a shit show and it’s depressing.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sat 29 Sep 2018 - 6:41

Had a new theory this morning.. sitting in a quiet, cool house drinking coffee:

- after Thursday's performance by both a very credible, very believable Dr. Ford and by a clearly obnoxious prick like Kavanaugh, the GOP knows he's a sexual predator.

- the GOP pretends to respect women, so they allow this investigation.

- it allows them time to tell Kavanaugh to withdraw.

- the FBI investigation (which is designed to turn up very little) comes back with not a lot.

- the GOP runs in November about how the mean Democrats ruined this fine, upstanding choir boy's life in an attempt to get their knuckle-draggers out to stop the "blue wave". You'll hear things like "if they, as the minority party, can do this to a fine man like Judge Kavanaugh, imagine what they will do if YOU don't go vote and they take the House and/or Senate".

(not saying that I believe this, but it's a thought. Allows the GOP an out, they whine about the Democrats, and attempt to use Kavanaugh - a monumental mistake - to energize their base).

-
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sat 29 Sep 2018 - 7:03

That said, he's still going to get confirmed. The Supreme Court - Page 8 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy Sat 29 Sep 2018 - 8:48

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Had a new theory this morning.. sitting in a quiet, cool house drinking coffee:

- after Thursday's performance by both a very credible, very believable Dr. Ford and by a clearly obnoxious prick like Kavanaugh, the GOP knows he's a sexual predator.

- the GOP pretends to respect women, so they allow this investigation.

- it allows them time to tell Kavanaugh to withdraw.

- the FBI investigation (which is designed to turn up very little) comes back with not a lot.

- the GOP runs in November about how the mean Democrats ruined this fine, upstanding choir boy's life in an attempt to get their knuckle-draggers out to stop the "blue wave". You'll hear things like "if they, as the minority party, can do this to a fine man like Judge Kavanaugh, imagine what they will do if YOU don't go vote and they take the House and/or Senate".

(not saying that I believe this, but it's a thought. Allows the GOP an out, they whine about the Democrats, and attempt to use Kavanaugh - a monumental mistake - to energize their base).

-

I love this "narrow scope" investigation term. Please some people started looking into a fucking pizza parlor to find a Clinton run child sex ring. Now shoes on the other foot the same group is like "Yeah, narrow scope!" and suck it libs! I believe these are the same people that tout personally responsible and talk about living in reality or something like that. It's tough keeping up with the shifting narrative.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat 29 Sep 2018 - 8:55

Robert J Sakimano wrote:That said, he's still going to get confirmed. The Supreme Court - Page 8 502811600

Possible. I think there’s going to be a good chance he doesn’t. Fbi will most likely interview his old roommate, Mark Judge, the other people Dr. ford named. Also, Avenatti is going to get his client out there and there may even be a new accuser.

I saw in the NYT Trump didn’t have a fun day yesterday and he’s concerned the confirmation is in peril as well.

One last note, the polling on Kavanaugh is abysmal. He’s going to cost the gop more women voters. I guess there’s always the chance the Dems could blow it we’ve seen it before but democrats base has an extremely high enthusiasm to vote right now and the turnout was very high in the primaries.

Bottom line trump has ruled by giving the left a middle finger the entire time and on Thursday Kavanaugh did the same. We are fed up with this shit. Not wise when you lost the popular vote by 3 million. We are here too
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat 29 Sep 2018 - 8:59

Legal analyst from cnn -

https://twitter.com/renato_mariotti/status/1045662563327987713
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sat 29 Sep 2018 - 10:05

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:That said, he's still going to get confirmed. The Supreme Court - Page 8 502811600

Possible. I think there’s going to be a good chance he doesn’t. Fbi will most likely interview his old roommate, Mark Judge, the other people Dr. ford named. Also, Avenatti is going to get his client out there and there may even be a new accuser.

I saw in the NYT Trump didn’t have a fun day yesterday and he’s concerned the confirmation is in peril as well.

One last note, the polling on Kavanaugh is abysmal. He’s going to cost the gop more women voters. I guess there’s always the chance the Dems could blow it we’ve seen it before but democrats base has an extremely high enthusiasm to vote right now and the turnout was very high in the primaries.

Bottom line trump has ruled by giving the left a middle finger the entire time and on Thursday Kavanaugh did the same. We are fed up with this shit. Not wise when you lost the popular vote by 3 million. We are here too

You're setting yourself up for a huge disappointment.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Sat 29 Sep 2018 - 10:13

How is an extramarital affair between two consenting adults, the same as attempted rape?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 27  Next