Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 2020 Presidential campaign.

+22
Other Teams Pursuing That
Watch Out Pylon!
Tim Wakefield
MiamiSpartan
AvgMSUJoe
Jake from State Farm
WhiteBoyHatcher
Cameron
InTenSity
Heat Miser
msugolfguy
kingstonlake
Travis of the Cosmos
Floyd Robertson
steveschneider
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
Rocinante
GRR Spartan
DWags
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
26 posters

Page 20 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next

Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 20 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by Cameron Tue 18 Feb 2020 - 14:54

#teamRoc The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 20 3493939353

I hope I don't actually end up having to choose between Bloomberg and Trump, because as I said before, choosing between 2 conservative billionaires is distasteful. I'd have to think long and hard about the ramifications of a Trump win vs a Bloomberg win there to decide. For instance, if it seems like a Trump win could cause the Democrats to either get their shit together or fall apart and get replaced with a new, better left wing party, that might be worth 4 more years of Trump. This is my privilege talking, but as a cisgendered, straight, white, middle-class male, I'll be fine either way.

The Democrats seem to think that if I'm not a MAGA spewing mouth breather, I owe them my vote, no matter how ineffectual and/or corrupt they are, nor how much disfavoritism they display towards my preferred candidates. Their ineptitude is part of what got Trump elected, and automatically voting for them regardless is not going to incentivize them to improve. They can't just count on the Republicans out terrible-ing them, they need to actually take some affirmative steps to improve the lives of the people whose votes they are counting on.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 20 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 18 Feb 2020 - 14:56

Cameron wrote:#teamRoc The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 20 3493939353

I hope I don't actually end up having to choose between Bloomberg and Trump, because as I said before, choosing between 2 conservative billionaires is distasteful. I'd have to think long and hard about the ramifications of a Trump win vs a Bloomberg win there to decide. For instance, if it seems like a Trump win could cause the Democrats to either get their shit together or fall apart and get replaced with a new, better left wing party, that might be worth 4 more years of Trump. This is my privilege talking, but as a cisgendered, straight, white, middle-class male, I'll be fine either way.

The Democrats seem to think that if I'm not a MAGA spewing mouth breather, I owe them my vote, no matter how ineffectual and/or corrupt they are, nor how much disfavoritism they display towards my preferred candidates. Their ineptitude is part of what got Trump elected, and automatically voting for them regardless is not going to incentivize them to improve. They can't just count on the Republicans out terrible-ing them, they need to actually take some affirmative steps to improve the lives of the people whose votes they are counting on.
vote for who you want to.. or don't even vote at all.

it's really that simple. The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 20 2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 18 Feb 2020 - 14:56

NigelUno wrote:
Rocinante wrote:So you haven’t. Tsk tsk tsk.

Refusing to engage is cowardly.

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 20 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 18 Feb 2020 - 14:59

Cameron wrote:#teamRoc The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 20 3493939353

Just a heads up, if it is Trump vs Bloomberg it's the voters not the DNC that got him the nomination. We've had the biggest field in my life time to pick from if you can't find one you like maybe it's just best to vote Trump or sit it out?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 18 Feb 2020 - 15:08

Also, just want to note I Cameron I've been seeing a lot of evidence this last week from a lot of whiny Bernie Bros that they won't vote for the candidate so I think there's some truth to that 50% Bernie supporters won't vote Dem this November.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 18 Feb 2020 - 15:09

Twitter is not real life steve
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 18 Feb 2020 - 15:12

Rocinante wrote:Twitter is not real life steve
it certainly doesn't have the level of civil engagement and respectful political discourse found in message boards.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 18 Feb 2020 - 15:15

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
it certainly doesn't have the level of civil engagement and respectful political discourse found in message boards.

#wontsomeonethinkofthechildren
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 18 Feb 2020 - 15:20

Rocinante wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: it certainly doesn't have the level of civil engagement and respectful political discourse found in message boards.

(I get a kick out of the whining about who supports who and why someone doesn't support the person I support and the 'well if my person doesn't win, I'm taking my ball and going home' folks)..

it's America.. ya gotta learn to laugh or you'll end up like Guest.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 18 Feb 2020 - 15:22

Also, just counting on this board Cameron, you and Travis are hinting you won't vote for the candidate. Seems like the 50% stat has some merit to it. Cameron ripped on me for posting that stat but he's proving it's validity.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue 18 Feb 2020 - 15:24

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

(I get a kick out of the whining about who supports who and why someone doesn't support the person I support and the 'well if my person doesn't win, I'm taking my ball and going home' folks)..

it's America.. ya gotta learn to laugh or you'll end up like Guest.

Tribes.

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 20 1567726941
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue 18 Feb 2020 - 15:29

steveschneider wrote:

Also, just counting on this board Cameron, you and Travis are hinting you won't vote for the candidate. Seems like the 50% stat has some merit to it. Cameron ripped on me for posting that stat but he's proving it's validity.

You shouldn’t vote for Bloomberg in the primary steve.

After you listened to pundits regarding Oprah then avenatti then Biden then a brief stint with Pete and now Bloomberg I beg that you start listening to someone else.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 18 Feb 2020 - 15:33

I'm voting for the white guy/chick.

Last edited by Robert J Sakimano on Tue 18 Feb 2020 - 15:44; edited 1 time in total
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 18 Feb 2020 - 15:37

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

You shouldn’t vote for Bloomberg in the primary steve.

After you listened to pundits regarding Oprah then avenatti then Biden then a brief stint with Pete and now Bloomberg I beg that you start listening to someone else.

I haven't picked yet. Waiting a week or so before my primary to pick. My hopes are that Biden makes a come back.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue 18 Feb 2020 - 15:46

steveschneider wrote:

God damn it, steve. Every time you post this stupid bullshit, I have to dig up that tweet you linked to and hold your stupid hand through a step-by-step explanation of why you're wrong and stupid, and it's getting old. Gimme a minute, I'll find it.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 18 Feb 2020 - 15:50

Lol
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 18 Feb 2020 - 15:58

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

God damn it, steve. Every time you post this stupid bullshit, I have to dig up that tweet you linked to and hold your stupid hand through a step-by-step explanation of why you're wrong and stupid, and it's getting old. Gimme a minute, I'll find it.

It's not really bullshit and I'm seeing everyday on twitter and here Bernie supporters whining about how they won't vote for _______ and how corrupt the DNC is if _____ gets elected.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue 18 Feb 2020 - 16:01

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 20 Images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSNZ0UtchcIcYSap11iXYyl-zlD-kk7S_PJeD8Ob8Zm1yUWi6ozQyASSVZ70qlNl2KEAGwoMXF3&usqp=CAc
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 18 Feb 2020 - 16:01

Cameron here you go.

https://www.newsweek.com/bernie-sanders-poll-warren-biden-2020-nominee-emerson-college-1483831
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue 18 Feb 2020 - 16:02

steveschneider wrote:https://twitter.com/emersonpolling/status/1220531705682984961?s=21

Over 50% of Sanders supporters wont support the other dem candidate. Probably because his surrogates spend all day tearing down the other candidates on social media.

Alright, here we go. Worth noting that the tweet/poll is nearly a month old at this point, but whatever.

53% "yes"
16% "no"
31% "depends on the nominee"

I would vote for any of the moderates, as I suspect Roc and Travis would. Literally the only candidate I wouldn't automatically support is Bloomberg. Squarely in that 31% now, will be in the 53% if/when Bloomberg drops out.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue 18 Feb 2020 - 16:04

steveschneider wrote:
Cameron wrote:

It's not really bullshit and I'm seeing everyday on twitter and here Bernie supporters whining about how they won't vote for _______ and how corrupt the DNC is if _____ gets elected.

Get the fuck off twitter, steve. You don't have that many brain cells, you can't afford to waste them like that.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 18 Feb 2020 - 16:07

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:https://twitter.com/emersonpolling/status/1220531705682984961?s=21

Over 50% of Sanders supporters wont support the other dem candidate. Probably because his surrogates spend all day tearing down the other candidates on social media.

Alright, here we go. Worth noting that the tweet/poll is nearly a month old at this point, but whatever.

53% "yes"
16% "no"

I would vote for any of the moderates, as I suspect Roc and Travis would. Literally the only candidate I wouldn't automatically support is Bloomberg. Squarely in that 31% now, will be in the 53% if/when Bloomberg drops out.

I don't know, I think you Bernie Bros are looking for excuse to sit it out. Today it's the 'oligarch', tomorrow it will be something tiny that triggers you guys. No one can pass your impossible purity test.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue 18 Feb 2020 - 16:14

steveschneider wrote:
Cameron wrote:

53% "yes"
16% "no"

I don't know, I think you Bernie Bros are looking for excuse to sit it out. Today it's the 'oligarch', tomorrow it will be something tiny that triggers you guys. No one can pass your impossible purity test.

I support Bernie most of the remaining candidates, but I'm not a Bernie bro. #YangGang
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 18 Feb 2020 - 16:17

Why you are choosing to ignore what we’re saying and just keep on truckin’ with your manufactured narrative is beyond me. But it makes me understand Cameron’s catchphrase more fully.

fucking steve...

Last edited by Rocinante on Tue 18 Feb 2020 - 16:20; edited 1 time in total
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue 18 Feb 2020 - 16:17

steveschneider wrote:
Cameron wrote:

53% "yes"
16% "no"

I don’t think that being a billionaire republican trying to buy the nomination is tiny.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 18 Feb 2020 - 16:19

Here’s a HamNo article I had missed (because fucking Splinter died), Cameron.

“The Democratic establishment, left over from a political era they don’t know has already disappeared, imagines that a Biden or a Bloomberg or a Buttigieg might be able to keep the whole structure from falling apart. But they’re wrong. America has already started down a path away from what got us here. The only question is which path that will be.”

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jan/31/bernie-sanders-election-trump-democratic-establishment
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue 18 Feb 2020 - 16:31

Rocinante wrote:Here’s a HamNo article I had missed (because fucking Splinter died), Cameron.

“The Democratic establishment, left over from a political era they don’t know has already disappeared, imagines that a Biden or a Bloomberg or a Buttigieg might be able to keep the whole structure from falling apart. But they’re wrong. America has already started down a path away from what got us here. The only question is which path that will be.”

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jan/31/bernie-sanders-election-trump-democratic-establishment

I think we’re one or two elections away from it becoming reality. I keep going back to my theory that the Dems have to many hats to wear and still keep everyone happy.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue 18 Feb 2020 - 16:38

Rocinante wrote:Here’s a HamNo article I had missed (because fucking Splinter died), Cameron.

Great article. I miss splinter.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 18 Feb 2020 - 17:45

Rocinante wrote:Why you are choosing to ignore what we’re saying and just keep on truckin’ with your manufactured narrative is beyond me. But it makes me understand Cameron’s catchphrase more fully.

fucking steve...

I get it you, guys will stay home if it's Bloomberg. I also would say since Warren is looking out of it your top pick is Bernie. Looks like you and Cameron are in the 31%.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 18 Feb 2020 - 18:14

Jesus Christ
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 18 Feb 2020 - 18:25

Rocinante wrote:Jesus Christ

Amazing how predictive stats are these days.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 18 Feb 2020 - 18:44

steveschneider wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Jesus Christ

I can’t tell if you’re a genius troll or one step above blanch in intelligence.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue 18 Feb 2020 - 18:54

Rocinante wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I can’t tell if you’re a genius troll or one step above blanch in intelligence.

He's blanch with spellcheck turned on.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 18 Feb 2020 - 19:21

There's no trolling at all you two are both on record as being in the 'depends on the nominee' bucket'.

Rocinate to be fair since Warren hasn't dropped out yet then you fit in the 10% bucket of her supporters that are "depends on the nominee"

There's no disputing it.

Also, I have a bad feeling that Cameron is going to end up in the 16% no bucket.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 18 Feb 2020 - 19:55

steve. I’ll say it one more time. The only person I said I will not vote for is Bloomberg.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 18 Feb 2020 - 20:28

Rocinante wrote:steve. I’ll say it one more time. The only person I said I will not vote for is Bloomberg.

That falls in the ‘depends on the canfidate’ bucket.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 18 Feb 2020 - 20:33

I’m Bernie or Pete and will vote for anyone vs trump Steve!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 18 Feb 2020 - 20:40

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I’m Bernie or Pete and will vote for anyone vs trump Steve!

Mayer Pete is such a good speaker. If he had a little more experience he’d probably be a shoe in to win the nomination.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue 18 Feb 2020 - 21:27

I don’t think that answering the question “will you vote for the democratic candidate” with “not if it’s Bloomberg” is actually saying that you won’t vote for the democratic candidate steve. You see, Bloomberg is a republican who has spent a little money and fooled you into thinking he’s not. In the event he’s the nominee then voting for the democratic candidate is not an option. There is only a choice between which republican you want. Therefore, if Bloomberg is the nominee, no one will be able to vote for the democrat on account of there not being one. It’s just an accurate statement of fact to answer that question with “not if it’s Bloomberg.” You are wrong for suggesting that voting for a democrat is an option available to anyone if Bloomberg is the nominee.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 18 Feb 2020 - 21:41

i know it’s a town hall but mayor Pete is very impressive
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next