Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abortion - Societal accepted Eugenics

+18
TravelinMan
Trapper Gus
WhiteBoyHatcher
Heat Miser
Robert J Sakimano
Dendrobates
GRR Spartan
Watch Out Pylon!
Tim Wakefield
tGreenWay
Rocinante
Cameron
Turtleneck
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
NigelUno
InTenSity
msugolfguy
22 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Abortion - Societal accepted Eugenics  - Page 5 Empty Re: Abortion - Societal accepted Eugenics

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:59 pm

Cameron wrote:I mean, he's partly right: almost everyone DOES agree that executing a baby after it's born is unacceptable.

What I don't understand is that there are people that seriously believe that there are liberals somewhere in the US executing newborn babies, and they are just sitting in their homes getting mad on Twitter about it. Seems like an under reaction to infanticide if you ask me.
America is a stupid country.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Abortion - Societal accepted Eugenics  - Page 5 Empty Re: Abortion - Societal accepted Eugenics

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:00 pm

also, tonight's line up at Mac's Bar:

Baby Grinders
-with special guests "Murdered In Utero" and "Sucked Out By A Vacuum"

doors at 8:00
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:00 pm

Cameron wrote:I mean, he's partly right: almost everyone DOES agree that executing a baby after it's born is unacceptable.

What I don't understand is that there are people that seriously believe that there are liberals somewhere in the US executing newborn babies, and they are just sitting in their homes getting mad on Twitter about it. Seems like an under reaction to infanticide if you ask me.

They should be raiding that pizza parlor in NJ where this all happens.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Robert J Sakimano, Cameron, Trapper Gus and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:32 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:

They should be raiding that pizza parlor in NJ where this all happens.
Abortion - Societal accepted Eugenics  - Page 5 502811600

the thing I dislike about republican/libertarians (other than their anti-traditional American values, racism, bigotry, misogyny, attacks on freedom/democracy, etc) is that it's hard for people like me to mock them when they consistently mock themselves. Abortion - Societal accepted Eugenics  - Page 5 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:36 pm

DWags wrote:
Zurn wrote:Killing a baby the day after it is born.  Murder.
Killing a baby the day before it is to be born.   Health care.

I need you to be careful here RQA.  What percentage of abortions happen third trimester?  Of those, what percentage happen during the last week.

Let’s talk actual numbers. Then, if those minuscule numbers let’s find out how many are done to save the life of the mother, or the child has no heart beat, or as you and the right wing imply for the idiots who buy it: how many women carry their baby for 9 months, do the morning sickness, get the stretch marks, walk around and live uncomfortably for 300 days, and then decide, “know what, let’s not do this, fuck it”. Because RQA, that’s what the right wants us to believe happens frequently. Your side bases everything of fear and falsehoods.  They do it with immigrants also. 1000 come in work for little wage do great things, and one commits a horrible crime, so they’re all murders and rapists.

Unfortunately RQA, this isn’t Wells Hall, where you’ll have 50 people jump in and agree with your point blindly.  Most people here are logical and understand numbers..  We’ve let you on this board because you’re not acting crazy like you did on Wells Hall, but we’d appreciate it. If you gave us those numbers I’ve asked for..  I believe traveling man has established a precedent of asking if you could just give us those numbers that you’re talking about.  

I look forward to debating that information about late term abortions, especially those abortions that happen on the last day of pregnancy. Also, if you could add the reasons why they happen.

Thanks in advance.

I want to make it clear to. RQA, I'm being very patient waiting for his numbers.  He's probably busy, but we can wait so we an really have this debate.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:56 pm

“Zurn” is a troll whose sole intent is to stir the pot.  

He doesn’t believe the bullshit he posts.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:49 am

DWags post # 157 

Much to unpack there, but let me start with just a couple of things.  My apologies in advance if you think I have chopped your post inaccurately, it wasn't intentional.  

I need you to be careful here RQA.  What percentage of abortions happen third trimester?  Of those, what percentage happen during the last week.
DWags,  before we get into the numbers we need to establish some moral clarity.   If it is wrong to abort a fully developed and viable infant one day before the EDC, than it remains morally wrong whether it happens to 1 infant or 10,000 infants.    So what is your view on this?  

find out how many are done to save the life of the mother, or the child has no heart beat

An abortion is never needed in the third trimester to save the life of a mother.  Never.  Yes, sometimes a pregnancy needs to end for the health of the mother, but that doesn't require abortion.  If the infant has died in utero ("no heart beat") terminating the pregnancy isn't the deliberate taking of a life

Last edited by Zurn on Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:54 am

Zurn wrote:
DWags post # 157 

Much to unpack there, but let me start with just a couple of things.  My apologies in advance if you think I have chopped your post inaccurately, it wasn't intentional.  

DWags,  before we get into the numbers we need to establish some moral clarity.   If it is wrong to abort a fully developed and viable infant one day before the EDC, than it remains morally wrong whether it happens to 1 infant or 10,000 infants.    So what is your view on this?  

find out how many are done to save the life of the mother, or the child has no heart beat

An abortion is never needed in the third trimester to save the life of a mother.  Never.  Yes, sometimes a pregnancy needs to end for the health of the mother, but that doesn't require abortion.

If you are going to make claims of those nature you  need to back them up with citations of scientific study, and not from the places that lied to that partisan "judge" in Texas.

DWags is citing well known facts, yours seem less likely.  As for the morality that depends on each person's belief system, if you believe in the founding principles of The United States, so that dog will not hunt.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:49 am

Zurn wrote:
DWags post # 157 

An abortion is never needed in the third trimester to save the life of a mother.  Never.  Yes, sometimes a pregnancy needs to end for the health of the mother, but that doesn't require abortion.  If the infant has died in utero ("no heart beat") terminating the pregnancy isn't the deliberate taking of a life

Please provide numbers. I think that’s about as fair as can be. I’ll let you provide them. You post and continue posting like this is a very common thing. Your side uses it to gin up people who are easily fooled, even lying about “post birth abortions”. The problem with that is we then are given absurd laws like the civil war abortion law in Arizona preceded by republicans praying IN TONGUES on the legislative floor the day before the ruling. This is insanity that is brought on by lies.

So, please let us have those numbers. Let’s see percentage wise if they come close to the percentage of people we wrongfully execute on death row, and then let’s see if the right wing governors use that same energy to stop death penalties.

This is post sane society insanity

Speaking in tongues on a legislative floor
Allowing innocent people to be executed as part of their racism
Taking women’s rights away from them and sending laws back to 1864
Allowing rapists to choose the mother of their child. (Absolute fact in some states)

I can’t believe I live in a society like this.

I’ll wait for those numbers RQA. Thanks in advance.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:51 am

reminder of the republican/libertarian contempt for women.

PHOENIX — The Arizona Supreme Court ruled Tuesday that a 160-year-old near-total abortion ban still on the books in the state is enforceable, a bombshell decision that adds the state to the growing lists of places where abortion care is effectively banned.

The ruling allows an 1864 law in Arizona to stand that made abortion a felony punishable by two to five years in prison for anyone who performs one or helps a woman obtain one.

if there is any silver lining, it sounds like respect for women and the health of women will be on the ballot in Arizona this fall where decent folks can send a loud message to the republican/libertarian christians that despite their misogynistic hatred and contempt, a majority of Americans love and respect our wives, moms, daughters and sisters.

Caution: Mainstream Media Link
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:52 am

DWags wrote:
Zurn wrote:

Please provide numbers. I think that’s about as fair as can be. I’ll let you provide them. You post and continue posting like this is a very common thing. Your side uses it to gin up people who are easily fooled, even lying about “post birth abortions”. The problem with that is we then are given absurd laws like the civil war abortion law in Arizona preceded by republicans praying IN TONGUES on the legislative floor the day before the ruling. This is insanity that is brought on by lies.

So, please let us have those numbers. Let’s see percentage wise if they come close to the percentage of people we wrongfully execute on death row, and then let’s see if the right wing governors use that same energy to stop death penalties.

This is post sane society insanity

Speaking in tongues on a legislative floor
Allowing innocent people to be executed as part of their racism
Taking women’s rights away from them and sending laws back to 1864
Allowing rapists to choose the mother of their child. (Absolute fact in some states)

I can’t believe I live in a society like this.

I’ll wait for those numbers RQA. Thanks in advance.
RQA won't provide numbers backing up his knuckle-scraping views on women. You know why? Because they don't exist outside of his church.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:54 am

Insert the "I don't know and I'm too afraid to ask" meme, but is Zurn really RQA or is this just more of the same lame accusations stuff? Genuinely curious.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:58 am

TravelinMan wrote:Insert the "I don't know and I'm too afraid to ask" meme, but is Zurn really RQA or is this just more of the same lame accusations stuff?  Genuinely curious.

Some people claim that is the case including mods who have access to meta data such as IP addresses.

Based on posting style if he is he has toned his down somewhat, though there are similarities, including being strident anti-abortion advocates, aka life (human being with a "soul") begins when the sperm touches the egg.

Last edited by Trapper Gus on Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:06 am; edited 2 times in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:03 am

TravelinMan wrote:Insert the "I don't know and I'm too afraid to ask" meme, but is Zurn really RQA or is this just more of the same lame accusations stuff? Genuinely curious.

Why don’t you directly ask Zurn, see what he says. Start a thread. I’d love to see his answer
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:08 am

DWags wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:Insert the "I don't know and I'm too afraid to ask" meme, but is Zurn really RQA or is this just more of the same lame accusations stuff? Genuinely curious.

Why don’t you directly ask Zurn, see what he says. Start a thread. I’d love to see his answer

Do we have a "thoughts that don't warrant their own thread" thread?
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:12 am

TravelinMan wrote:
DWags wrote:

Do you know what would be the most ironic thing in the world? It would be beyond ironic if somebody was on this message board lying about their screen name, and who they are, just like all these right wing Christian Republicans constantly lie about who they really are. And it would be more ironic if they actually believed. They were fooling everybody when in reality they’re only fooling themselves and people like them. How ironic would that be?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and TravelinMan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:18 am

DWags wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

Do you know what would be the most ironic thing in the world? It would be beyond ironic if somebody was on this message board lying about their screen name, and who they are, just like all these right wing Christian Republicans constantly lie about who they really are. And it would be more ironic if they actually believed. They were fooling everybody when in reality they’re only fooling themselves and people like them.  How ironic would that be?
my favorite is when the republican/libertarian types come here to insist how much they hate the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator and convicted rapist.. yet they spend their entire time on the message board parroting his talking points as if they were his campaign manager... up to the point of denouncing the courts, the US judicial system and the Constitution just because they are the last entity available holding their christian hero accountable.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

TravelinMan and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:28 am

DWags wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

Do you know what would be the most ironic thing in the world? It would be beyond ironic if somebody was on this message board lying about their screen name, and who they are, just like all these right wing Christian Republicans constantly lie about who they really are. And it would be more ironic if they actually believed. They were fooling everybody when in reality they’re only fooling themselves and people like them. How ironic would that be?

That would be super ironic, as those types of implied accusations are what made me question whether Zurn was RQA or this was just more of the same "I don't like you so I'm going to define you" bullshit that occurs here.

If Zurn wants to weigh in, I'll listen. Otherwise I'm gonna assume he's not RQA.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:29 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

Do you know what would be the most ironic thing in the world? It would be beyond ironic if somebody was on this message board lying about their screen name, and who they are, just like all these right wing Christian Republicans constantly lie about who they really are. And it would be more ironic if they actually believed. They were fooling everybody when in reality they’re only fooling themselves and people like them.  How ironic would that be?
my favorite is when the republican/libertarian types come here to insist how much they hate the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator and convicted rapist.. yet they spend their entire time on the message board parroting his talking points as if they were his campaign manager... up to the point of denouncing the courts, the US judicial system and the Constitution just because they are the last entity available holding their christian hero accountable.

My favorite is when someone agrees with you like 80-90% but gets deemed an enemy for daring to question the last 10% of the ideology. But your point is good, too.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:43 am

TravelinMan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

My favorite is when someone agrees with you like 80-90% but gets deemed an enemy for daring to question the last 10% of the ideology.  But your point is good, too.
yeah, I don't mind calling people out. If it hurts their feelings, that's something they can work through.

this is no place for fragile snowflakes.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:50 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

My favorite is when someone agrees with you like 80-90% but gets deemed an enemy for daring to question the last 10% of the ideology.  But your point is good, too.
yeah, I don't mind calling people out. If it hurts their feelings, that's something they can work through.

this is no place for fragile snowflakes.

Indeed
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:56 am

TravelinMan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

My favorite is when someone agrees with you like 80-90% but gets deemed an enemy for daring to question the last 10% of the ideology. But your point is good, too.

The use of simple ideas without studying the nuance of the situation, such as the ongoing war in Israel, and condemning others who try to understand what is happening, is always a interesting situation.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:00 am

For the record...Richard Saunders is really Benjamin Franklin. You can look it up.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:02 am

Rick Saunders wrote:For the record...Richard Saunders is really Benjamin Franklin. You can look it up.

Glad you aren’t Blanche.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:22 am

DWags wrote:
Rick Saunders wrote:For the record...Richard Saunders is really Benjamin Franklin. You can look it up.

Glad you aren’t Blanche.

I wish I understood that reference so I could say something only I thought was witty about it.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:57 am

https://apnews.com/article/abortion-maine-constitutional-amendment-fails-edc0b5f249eec560067233abc4044436

AP wrote:An effort to enshrine the right to abortion in the Maine Constitution appears to have failed after a vote to send the proposal to voters for ratification fell short in the House.

Hours after a court ruling set the stage for a near-total ban on abortions in Arizona, the Maine House voted 75-65 Tuesday night in favor of the amendment — but it fell short of the necessary two-thirds majority.

Maine already has one of the nation’s least restrictive abortion laws. The amendment was an effort to head off any future legislative debate on the issue
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:02 pm

Genuine would be a first.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

TravelinMan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:08 pm

also, should be noted, that our old pal Guest started this thread. He was a very vocal proponent of the "pro-life" movement.. which was always weird, because he didn't have a problem with guns and celebrated the death penalty.

Abortion - Societal accepted Eugenics  - Page 5 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:41 pm

[tw]1777852881837715461[/tw]

Abortion was Guest's biggest one
He posted about it a ton
he never sought
it to be caught
Now red turns to blue in the sun
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:03 pm

TravelinMan wrote:
DWags wrote:

That would be super ironic, as those types of implied accusations are what made me question whether Zurn was RQA or this was just more of the same "I don't like you so I'm going to define you" bullshit that occurs here.

If Zurn wants to weigh in, I'll listen. Otherwise I'm gonna assume he's not RQA.

If you had to bet 1000 dollars on it, you'd say he's not RQA?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:05 pm

TravelinMan wrote:
DWags wrote:

as I mentioned, this ain't no place for fragile snowflakes.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:22 pm

[tw]1778012809390964780[/tw]

Do you suppose that Zurn is in the 5%
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:55 pm

Barry Goldwater, a former hero of the Conservative wing of the GOP warned the country about Evangelicals taking over the Republican Party decades ago.

His major concern was their absolutism and refusal to ever negotiate anything.

Goldwater was correct. We now have a toxic mix of Evangelicals controlling judgeships, legislators along with a political party that needs them to win elections.

It’s The American Taliban.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:26 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:Barry Goldwater, a former hero of the Conservative wing of the GOP warned the country about Evangelicals taking over the Republican Party decades ago.

His major concern was their absolutism and refusal to ever negotiate anything.  

Goldwater was correct.  We now have a toxic mix of Evangelicals controlling judgeships, legislators along with a political party that needs them to win elections.

It’s The American Taliban.

The writers of The Newsroom called it that over 12 years ago.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:29 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:[tw]1778012809390964780[/tw]

I’d wager than Zurn and RQA are in the same percentage.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:46 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:

If I was a fragile snowflake I’d be really upset by that comment. Abortion - Societal accepted Eugenics  - Page 5 502811600
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:04 pm

TravelinMan wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

If I was a fragile snowflake I’d be really upset by that comment.  Abortion - Societal accepted Eugenics  - Page 5 502811600

If?  As if there is any question?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:56 am

Trapper Gus wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

If I was a fragile snowflake I’d be really upset by that comment.  Abortion - Societal accepted Eugenics  - Page 5 502811600

If?  As if there is any question?

I don’t know. Maybe you could post a link?
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:20 am

Trapper Gus wrote:[tw]1778012809390964780[/tw]

He isn't.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:35 am

reminder that "pro-life" christians have no problem with gun violence.

in fact, they actually crave and celebrate gun violence because it acts as an agent for them to promote their sick agenda.

you're welcome.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next