Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fuck it- statues

+18
MiamiSpartan
Floyd Robertson
Dr. Strangelove
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
kingstonlake
WhiteBoyHatcher
InTenSity
Frank Ricard
Rocinante
GRR Spartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
Robert J Sakimano
tGreenWay
Cameron
Turtleneck
NigelUno
Travis of the Cosmos
22 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Fuck it- statues - Page 10 Empty Re: Fuck it- statues

Post by kingstonlake 2020-07-07, 13:34

Cameron wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

I couldn’t be more against tearing down “problematic” statues. Way to vague. As I’ve stated in the past I completely understand tearing down statues of confederate soldiers or generals. I personally don’t viewing them as anything but historical references.  I can understand why some would view them as honoring the memory of racism and have no problem with them coming down. I also think any federal facility or base named after a confederate general should be re-named.

So tearing down Confederate statues is okay, but you think Columbus is a bridge too far, then? I disagree, and I am prepared to discuss the merits of Columbus, but you've made it clear that you want no part of that discussion.

And this conversation went exactly the way I thought it would. Anything that doesn’t align with your or far left beliefs is panned You’re just the other side of the Trump coin.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-07-07, 13:38

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Why would you? You guys don’t even know when you’re being mocked.

I’m pretty aware of what you were going for in your rant Kingston. And it was so adorbs the way that you got so worked up that you went on it in the first place.

I’m sorry feeling that toppling a statue of Columbus is a bridge to far. If that offends you or motivates you to project...that’s on you. All in all I’m just happy a Biden presidency will bring us all together on the left. Some have a much farther journey than the rest of us. Wink wink.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-07-07, 13:49

Do these words make sense in your head before you type them or is it even a jumbled mess in there?

Look, I’ve made this pretty clear in this thread but I’ll do it again. It’s none of your business. If the people of Akron Ohio or wherever this statue is that triggered you don’t want the statue anymore then good for them for getting rid of it. Who the hell are you to tell them that they should have to keep it? Worry about the statues in your town and let them do whatever they want.

Really, the only example I’ve seen where I think we’d all of at least some amount of reason to weigh in is what Miami said in jest about sparty. Otherwise, if butte Idaho wants to remove their statue of a potato, it’s fine by me because I don’t really think they should have to keep a statue that they don’t want because of what I think from 2000 miles away.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-07-07, 15:12

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Do these words make sense in your head before you type them or is it even a jumbled mess in there?

Look, I’ve made this pretty clear in this thread but I’ll do it again. It’s none of your business. If the people of Akron Ohio or wherever this statue is that triggered you don’t want the statue anymore then good for them for getting rid of it. Who the hell are you to tell them that they should have to keep it? Worry about the statues in your town and let them do whatever they want.

Really, the only example I’ve seen where I think we’d all of at least some amount of reason to weigh in is what Miami said in jest about sparty. Otherwise, if butte Idaho wants to remove their statue of a potato, it’s fine by me because I don’t really think they should have to keep a statue that they don’t want because of what I think from 2000 miles away.

It was Baltimore, Travis. Baltimore Maryland. At least you admit you’re an Anarchist. I guess rules and process don’t matter to you? If you don’t get your way just tear it down? I get that you’re slightly left of a televised abortion but at least try to pretend you understand laws and process are somewhat important in a civilized society.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-07-07, 16:25

I’m a what? I didn’t tear any statues down.

I don’t really care how the people of Baltimore go about taking down the statue that they don’t like. I just don’t. That’s up to them. (Leaving aside that “the process” is what got them racist statues in the first place so many that’s why they didn’t want to do that but again, I am not an expert on internal Baltimore dealings and neither are you) I’ll worry about my towns statues. You should worry about your towns statues. If protecting Columbus riles your jimmies this much then maybe get a statue built of him in your own town? That’d make more sense than getting all hot and bothered by what people in Baltimore do.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-07-07, 17:25

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I’m a what? I didn’t tear any statues down.

I don’t really care how the people of Baltimore go about taking down the statue that they don’t like. I just don’t. That’s up to them. (Leaving aside that “the process” is what got them racist statues in the first place so many that’s why they didn’t want to do that but again, I am not an expert on internal Baltimore dealings and neither are you) I’ll worry about my towns statues. You should worry about your towns statues. If protecting Columbus riles your jimmies this much then maybe get a statue built of him in your own town? That’d make more sense than getting all hot and bothered by what people in Baltimore do.  

It’s not a hot and bothered “issue” Travis. It’s a discussion on whether and where you draw the line in what is offensive, the reason it offends, and the idea of going through a reasonable process to change something. I disagree with your position that if you don’t like something you have the right to just tear it down. Regardless if you live in Baltimore or a bubble.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-07-07, 18:04

Anyone else get the “just follow the law” white person response vibe from “follow the process”?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-07-07, 18:06

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Anyone else get the “just follow the law” white person response vibe from “follow the process”?

It's a very law and order stance to take, no question.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-07-07, 18:17

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Anyone else get the “just follow the law” white person response vibe from “follow the process”?

I’m sure there’s people out there who see racism and oppression in everything. I think you’d be surprised how minorities do respect most laws and processes.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-07-07, 18:25

Travis, for someone whose point is that the people of Baltimore can do what they want because it doesn't affect you, you sure seem to feel pretty strongly about someone's opinion that doesn't affect you.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-07-07, 18:35

Cameron wrote:

It's a very law and order stance to take, no question.

Trying so hard......Rolling Eyes
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-07-08, 08:01

MiamiSpartan wrote:Travis, for someone whose point is that the people of Baltimore can do what they want because it doesn't affect you, you sure seem to feel pretty strongly about someone's opinion that doesn't affect you.

For being the boards self anointed abstract thinker he sure seems to have pivoted to only caring or having opinions about what goes on in his bubble. lol!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-07-08, 08:25

Fuck it- statues - Page 10 AnimatedIgnorantAmphibian-small
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-07-08, 09:57

MiamiSpartan wrote:Travis, for someone whose point is that the people of Baltimore can do what they want because it doesn't affect you, you sure seem to feel pretty strongly about someone's opinion that doesn't affect you.

That’s pretty weak tbh Miami you can do better
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-07-08, 10:01

kingstonlake wrote:

For being the boards self anointed abstract thinker he sure seems to have pivoted to only caring or having opinions about what goes on in his bubble. lol!

Actually I just think it’s funny that you say other people get offended too often in the midst of your hissy fit regarding events in (checks notes) Baltimore Maryland that pertained to (checks notes) inanimate objects that you (checks notes again) have never seen and will never see.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-07-08, 10:42

kingstonlake wrote:

Actually I just think it’s funny that you say other people get offended too often in the midst of your hissy fit regarding events in (checks notes) Baltimore Maryland that pertained to (checks notes) inanimate objects that you (checks notes again) have never seen and will never see.

I think it’s funny you paint pictures that don’t exist to reinforce a debate against yourself. No ones having a hissy fit. It’s an opinion on where to draw the line on statues. I feel it dilutes the legitimate stance on confederate monuments, statues, and bases on federal land. Sorry if you think that’s a hissy fit. In fairness though I do have to add it to the list of things we shouldn’t talk about on a message board.

Hillary
Columbus statues (unless there’s one in your town)

lol!

kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-07-08, 12:30

kingstonlake wrote:Anyone want to join me in toppling the statues of father Marquette in and around the state? THEY MUST COME DOWN.

Just so we’re clear this is the precise moment when you went from “im just a bro having a conversation” to “I’m now having a childish meltdown hissy fit”
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-07-08, 13:17

kingstonlake wrote:Anyone want to join me in toppling the statues of father Marquette in and around the state? THEY MUST COME DOWN.

Just so we’re clear this is the precise moment when you went from “im just a bro having a conversation” to “I’m now having a childish meltdown hissy fit”

Oh JFC, you can’t be serious. You really took that as a serious post? That I was bent because father Marquette statues were next on the topple list? You’ve officially jumped the shark...

Sorry I forgot to add discussion on whether Trump will go willingly from the Oval Office after the election on the banned list.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-07-08, 13:20

Fuck it- statues - Page 10 502811600

Poor kingston is really out of his depth.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-07-08, 13:30

Cameron wrote:Fuck it- statues - Page 10 502811600

I admit I’m unskilled at debating people who are monolithic in their thinking and unwilling to look at anything from an objective point of view. They’re generally people who scream LIBURAL!! at everything that isn’t aligned with their position. They’re also the same people who try to paint you as a Trump sympathizer or associate you with his thinking for not agreeing with them. They’re really the lowest hanging fruit on the political tree.

They’re also the type to sit out elections if they don’t get their way and then whine about the last four years.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-07-08, 13:50

kingstonlake wrote:

I admit I’m unskilled at debating people who are monolithic in their thinking and unwilling to look at anything from an objective point of view. They’re generally people who scream LIBURAL!! at everything that isn’t aligned with their position. They’re also the same people who try to paint you as a Trump sympathizer or associate you with his thinking for not agreeing with them. They’re really the lowest hanging fruit on the political tree.

They’re also the type to sit out elections if they don’t get their way and then whine about the last four years.
You are a decent strawmanner, I'll give you that.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-07-08, 13:51

Did you see that I jumped the shark Cameron
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-07-08, 13:57

I did see that. I can't believe that you seriously believed he was upset about statues of father Marquette. You're so silly.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-07-08, 14:17

Cameron wrote:

I did see that. I can't believe that you seriously believed he was upset about statues of father Marquette. You're so silly.

I called the cops who protect father Marquette to make sure they are on guard and I think they should stay vigilant just in case
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-07-08, 14:17

kingstonlake wrote:

Oh JFC, you can’t be serious. You really took that as a serious post? That I was bent because father Marquette statues were next on the topple list? You’ve officially jumped the shark...

Sorry I forgot to add discussion on whether Trump will go willingly from the Oval Office after the election on the banned list.

Travis does seem to get bent out of shape when people discuss things that he doesn't want to discuss.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-07-08, 14:18

Johnny Spirit better be on Sparty watch 24/7 is all I'm saying.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-07-08, 14:19

MiamiSpartan wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Travis does seem to get bent out of shape when people discuss things that he doesn't want to discuss.

Talk about whatever you want but if you say other people are too offended while going off on wild made up hissy fit tangents then I’m probably going to make fun of you is all.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-07-08, 14:37

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Talk about whatever you want but if you say other people are too offended while going off on wild made up hissy fit tangents then I’m probably going to make fun of you is all.

Wait, we can talk about what we want now? Are you sure? Because you've literally said to stop talking about the 2016 election, to stop talking about whether Trump will voluntarily leave office, etc.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-07-08, 14:40

Is Travis still not caring from his bubble of rebellious anarchy and hall monitoring what should and shouldn’t be discussed?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-07-18, 17:00

[tw]1284288986828156930?s=21[/tw]
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte