Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

+33
Heat Miser
Travis of the Cosmos
Clarett's Folly
SpartanJD01
Rocinante
Senior Dickfist
Tim Wakefield
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
SeeRockCity
Wally Fairway
Herbie Green
CampbellHall
TheReal_LWS
Death Roe
Other Teams Pursuing That
CORNER BLITZ
Watch Out Pylon!
Jake from State Farm
SawGreen
InTenSity
Turtleneck
Dr. Strangelove
MiamiSpartan
steveschneider
WhiteBoyHatcher
y2kMgrad
MattyFresh
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
Nordic
DWags
Floyd Robertson
37 posters

Page 7 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 25  Next

Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 7 Empty Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-10-19, 12:07

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Let us know when you figure it out.

Thanks in advance.

I think a UM win can only help but there is a very small chance of it mattering in the end with so many games yet to play and OSU and PSU looming.  
It isn't cut and dry like UM Nebraska in 2013.

BTW, have you figured out yet if it is easier to make the final four out of 110 teams or 350 teams? Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 7 502811600

You think this is as simple as the probability of 4/110 > 4/350?

lol
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 7 Empty Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by Herbie Green 2017-10-19, 12:07

Clarett's Folly wrote:
have you figured out yet if it is easier to make the final four out of 110 teams or 350 teams?

Bro, you're still wrong about this.

Explain to me why no big ten basketball teams made the final four the last two years, yet Villanova and Gonzaga, two schools that Don't even play D1 football did.
Yet Big Ten has made football playoffs each year.  I guess it is just a crazy fluke that defies the odds?   Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 7 2599972566
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-10-19, 12:09

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Let us know when you figure it out.

Thanks in advance.

I think a UM win can only help but there is a very small chance of it mattering in the end with so many games yet to play and OSU and PSU looming.  

BTW, have you figured out yet if it is easier to make the final four out of 110 teams or 350 teams? Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 7 502811600

Oh, Herbie.

Educating you is pointless.

We made the CFP with one loss, and you were hell bent on being "right" that we wouldn't have made it if we went undefeated.

Keep your hypothetical nonsense in your head. When it leaks out, you just prove how silly you are.

Focus on your next chicken little opportunity. That's what you're good at. Don't think outside the box.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-10-19, 12:12

Death Roe wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:

You could have a panel of college coaches and media experts tell him he's wrong, and he'd call them idiots.

You are right.  I would.  Would they be saying things like "you have to be your best each and every week because you can't afford to lose a single game"
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-10-19, 12:16

Hey guys. I want to make Orange juice. Which fruit has the better chance of accomplishing that? Grapes or Pears?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-10-19, 12:16

Herbie Green wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:

Explain to me why no big ten basketball teams made the final four the last two years, yet Villanova and Gonzaga, two schools that Don't even play D1 football did.
Yet Big Ten has made football playoffs each year.  I guess it is just a crazy fluke that defies the odds?   Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 7 2599972566

Do you understand that by mentioning Villanova and Gonzaga that you've undermined your own argument?

I mean...I don't think you understand that...but, I just thought I'd ask.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-10-19, 12:24

NigelUno wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Oh, Herbie.  

Educating you is pointless.

We made the CFP with one loss, and you were hell bent on being "right" that we wouldn't have made it if we went undefeated.

Keep your hypothetical nonsense in your head.  When it leaks out, you just prove how silly you are.  

Focus on your next chicken little opportunity.  That's what you're good at.  Don't think outside the box.  

No I was hell bent that it was a smart bet to get paid 100-1 on 10-1 odds.  Thanks for the "education" though.  Lol
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-10-19, 12:25

Herbie Green wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:

This has to be trolling.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-10-19, 12:35

NigelUno wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Do you understand that by mentioning Villanova and Gonzaga that you've undermined your own argument?  

No I Don't.  Please explain.  

Let me guess, "this just goes to show that anyone can do it".  
Well why didn't any of the Big Ten teams do it or the other 300+ teams?  Why didn't more than half of #1 seeds (the top 4) make it?

Let me guess "you are an idiot.  If I have to explain it you are even dumber than I thought"
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-10-19, 12:41

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

lol

Absolutely.  It is a mathematical given (for any team, on average, at the beginning of the season)

edit: correction actually this is true at any and every point in the season all the way to the actual final four.

Last edited by Herbie Green on 2017-10-19, 13:08; edited 1 time in total
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-10-19, 12:44

Herbie, never change.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-10-19, 12:47

Herbie Green wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

lol

Absolutely.  It is a mathematical given (for any team, on average, at the beginning of the season)

For that to be true, wouldn't it also be true that it's just as easy to put together a team of 85 individuals as it is a team of 15? How many basketball teams can get to the final four with 1 superstar? How many football teams could say the same?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-10-19, 13:14

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

For that to be true, wouldn't it also be true that it's just as easy to put together a team of 85 individuals as it is a team of 15?  How many basketball teams can get to the final four with 1 superstar? How many football teams could say the same?

How about factoring in the weather vs playing indoors? Training programs? Injury risk?  A 64 team tournament vs a 4 team playoff? The need to "get up" for every single game?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-10-19, 13:53

Herbie Green wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:

This is the dumbest thing I've ever read. Seriously, how much brain damage do you have?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-10-19, 13:54

Herbie Green wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

lol

edit: correction actually this is true at any and every point in the season all the way to the actual final four.

Bruh...
Rolling Eyes
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-10-19, 14:00

Whew.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-10-19, 14:04

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 7 502811600 You guys knew what you were getting into.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-10-19, 14:13

A lot of great counters here.  
Clarett's Folly wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Bruh...
Rolling Eyes

Are you going to disprove this?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-10-19, 14:15

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

No I Don't.  Please explain.  

Let me guess, "this just goes to show that anyone can do it".  
Well why didn't any of the Big Ten teams do it or the other 300+ teams?  Why didn't more than half of #1 seeds (the top 4) make it?

Let me guess "you are an idiot.  If I have to explain it you are even dumber than I thought"

Well...that saved me some time.

Very introspective by the way.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-10-19, 14:21

Herbie Green wrote:Absolutely.  It is a mathematical given (for any team, on average, at the beginning of the season)

Clarett's Folly wrote:

Bruh...
Rolling Eyes

That would be pretty easy.

I would guess at least 75% of football teams are eliminated at this point (from getting into the CFP).  Teams with losing records in basketball can still get into the basketball tournament (and Final Four) by winning their conference championship.  

So, it's not true at any and every point during the season.  Your statement was incorrect.  You are wrong.  Again.  Still.  Infinity.

Last edited by NigelUno on 2017-10-19, 14:22; edited 1 time in total
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-10-19, 14:22

The panfish are biting today.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-10-19, 14:24

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:The panfish are biting today.

We are trolling Herbie. It's so easy.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-10-19, 14:51

NigelUno wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:Absolutely.  It is a mathematical given (for any team, on average, at the beginning of the season)

I would guess at least 75% of football teams are eliminated at this point (from getting into the CFP).  Teams with losing records in basketball can still get into the basketball tournament (and Final Four) by winning their conference championship.  

So, it's not true at any and every point during the season.  Your statement was incorrect.  You are wrong.  Again.  Still.  Infinity.

Let me think this through.

Allow if you will for me to make the computations a little simpler by assuming there are 100 teams and there are 25 teams left each with an equal chance of making the playoffs and the other 75 are eliminated.

This means that each of the 25 teams has a 4/25 or 0.16 chance of making the playoffs. The other 75 teams are eliminated and thus have a 0.0 chance of making the playoffs. Now I am going to put this in an Excel spreadsheet with 25 cells of 0.16 and 75 cells of 0.0 and take the average. What do I get? 0.04 Wait that is 4/100, how can that be!? I wonder if the fact that 25*.16 = 4.0 is a clue?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-10-19, 15:00

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 7 636019874217976738336955819_Baby-Laughing-Hard-and-Falls-Over
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-19, 15:00

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Let me think this through.

Allow if you will for me to make the computations a little simpler by assuming there are 100 teams and there are 25 teams left each with an equal chance of making the playoffs and the other 75 are eliminated.

This means that each of the 25 teams has a 4/25 or 0.16 chance of making the playoffs. The other 75 teams are eliminated and thus have a 0.0 chance of making the playoffs. Now I am going to put this in an Excel spreadsheet with 25 cells of 0.16 and 75 cells of 0.0 and take the average. What do I get? 0.04 Wait that is 4/100, how can that be!? I wonder if the fact that 25*.16 = 4.0 is a clue?

That pretty much settles that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-10-19, 15:04

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 7 Giphy
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-19, 15:16

Fucking hard to get to both. But Herbie is trolling. Since the start of the football final four only two schools have been in both. MSU is one, so we think it’s easy to get to either. You should ask other schools what they think.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-10-19, 15:39

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:The panfish are biting today.

Look.  I caught a NigelFish

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 7 528c61739b867.image
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-10-19, 15:52

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

This is the dumbest thing I've ever read. Seriously, how much brain damage do you have?

Would you like to play next Pylon? I don't want to embarrass you and make you quit and leave the board again. But if you want to make personal attacks......
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-10-19, 15:53

Get 'em, Herbie. My nipples are rock hard.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2017-10-19, 16:04

Look.  I caught a NigelFish

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 7 528c61739b867.image[/quote]

Ummm...pretty sure that's a baby brook trout.  Just thought I'd throw that out there.  Put it back and let it grow, catch it again and then eat it when it's bigger.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-10-19, 16:05

Herbie Green wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Would you like to play next Pylon? I don't want to embarrass you and make you quit and leave the board again. But if you want to make personal attacks......

I'm sorry I said you have brain damage. You just post like you have brain damage. Your posts in this thread are really really really dumb. It's like you're a smart 10 year old and you read a book on statistics and now you're trying to pawn yourself off as an expert. You're bringing everyone down in this thread.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-10-19, 16:07

DWags wrote:Fucking hard to get to both. But Herbie is trolling. Since the start of the football final four only two schools have been in both. MSU is one, so we think it’s easy to get to either. You should ask other schools what they think.

I don't think he's trolling. Someone else in the thread suggested he has brain damage. That is the most likely scenario at the point.

You can't disprove it.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-10-19, 16:21

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

I'm sorry I said you have brain damage. You just post like you have brain damage. Your posts in this thread are really really really dumb. It's like you're a smart 10 year old and you read a book on statistics and now you're trying to pawn yourself off as an expert. You're bringing everyone down in this thread.

Assume I am like a two year old or whatever it would take for you to make an actual valid point.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-10-19, 16:28

Death Roe wrote:Get 'em, Herbie. My nipples are rock hard.

Herbie throwing shade. Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 7 1966794946

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-10-19, 16:44

Herbie Green wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Assume I am like a two year old or whatever it would take for you to make an actual valid point.

The only point I'm trying to make is that all of your posts in this thread are devoid of intelligence and your mere existence is a blemish on the university. I guess that is two points. Whatever.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-10-19, 17:03

Death Roe wrote:Get 'em, Herbie. My nipples are rock hard.

This Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 7 3434560931
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-10-19, 17:39

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

The only point I'm trying to make is that all of your posts in this thread are devoid of intelligence and your mere existence is a blemish on the university. I guess that is two points. Whatever.

Lets go back to the original comment about Villanova and Gonzaga that led you to believe I am brain damaged. Do you believe, like Nigel, that more competition actually makes it easier to make the final four because more teams can do it? I mean he is right that in hoops you don't have to win a single regular season game and you can still go to the final four. Or you can go 0.500 in the Big Ten and make the tournament as an at-large and only need to win just four games to make it. Can you find the fallacy of this argument? or show me why it is not wrong? or whatever single actual point you might want to offer?

FTR, I don't think this stuff is that easy at all. I am guessing that is why you have had to hide behind personal attacks. If not then humor me just for kicks. Just once. Just one single counter point. Come on you are dealing with a 10 year old intellect/embarrassment to the U/brain damaged guy here. Give it a shot.

Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-10-19, 18:15

Herbie Green wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Lets go back to the original comment about Villanova and Gonzaga that led you to believe I am brain damaged. Do you believe, like Nigel, that more competition actually makes it easier to make the final four because more teams can do it? I mean he is right that in hoops you don't have to win a single regular season game and you can still go to the final four. Or you can go 0.500 in the Big Ten and make the tournament as an at-large and only need to win just four games to make it. Can you find the fallacy of this argument? or show me why it is not wrong? or whatever single actual point you might want to offer?

FTR, I don't think this stuff is that easy at all. I am guessing that is why you have had to hide behind personal attacks. If not then humor me just for kicks. Just once. Just one single counter point. Come on you are dealing with a 10 year old intellect/embarrassment to the U/brain damaged guy here. Give it a shot.

You've gone from a 2 year old to a 10 year old in a few posts?

That's not possible.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-19, 18:22

Herbie Green wrote: Come on you are dealing with a 10 year old intellect

Be careful not to ask too much of Nigel.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 25  Next