Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

+33
Heat Miser
Travis of the Cosmos
Clarett's Folly
SpartanJD01
Rocinante
Senior Dickfist
Tim Wakefield
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
SeeRockCity
Wally Fairway
Herbie Green
CampbellHall
TheReal_LWS
Death Roe
Other Teams Pursuing That
CORNER BLITZ
Watch Out Pylon!
Jake from State Farm
SawGreen
InTenSity
Turtleneck
Dr. Strangelove
MiamiSpartan
steveschneider
WhiteBoyHatcher
y2kMgrad
MattyFresh
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
Nordic
DWags
Floyd Robertson
37 posters

Page 8 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next

Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 8 Empty Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by DWags 2017-10-19, 18:23

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:Fucking hard to get to both. But Herbie is trolling. Since the start of the football final four only two schools have been in both. MSU is one, so we think it’s easy to get to either. You should ask other schools what they think.

I don't think he's trolling. Someone else in the thread suggested he has brain damage. That is the most likely scenario at the point.

You can't disprove it.

How do you think he got brain damage? Best guess. Drugs? Closed head? Maybe cold water drowning and revived? What’s the best guess here?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 8 Empty Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-10-19, 18:49

Drugs do not give you brain damage, wags.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-19, 19:14

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Drugs do not give you brain damage, wags.

So my friend Dale Hunt took acid for like a week straight the last week of high school our senior year. My mom asked me if he was high one day in her class. I said I dunno something like that I guess. Any way, I lose track of him.

Now I’m 28 and back in town in the summer. There’s a fire on Main Street downtown. I stop by it cause they’re all Victorian buildings and it was a bummer. Then to my left appears Dale hunt. Well he has a top hat on and cut off jean shorts. He’s barefoot with a cane. No shirt. He points at me with the cane and says “oh when burnouts, stub their toes, on garbage pails” then I say “Hey Dale!” He comes back with “Tree top flyer, higher, than I was before” he smelled of body Oder and old spice. He was gone. It was like maybe 3:30 in the afternoon. I can’t swear it was brain damage but it was pretty funny.

But maybe Herbie was a cold water drowning type thing. I can go with that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-10-19, 19:17

DWags wrote:

So my friend Dale Hunt took acid for like a week straight the last week of high school our senior year. My mom asked me if he was high one day in her class. I said I dunno something like that I guess. Any way, I lose track of him.

Now I’m 28 and back in town in the summer. There’s a fire on Main Street downtown. I stop by it cause they’re all Victorian buildings and it was a bummer. Then to my left appears Dale hunt. Well he has a top hat on and cut off jean shorts. He’s barefoot with a cane. No shirt. He points at me with the cane and says “oh when burnouts, stub their toes, on garbage pails” then I say “Hey Dale!” He comes back with “Tree top flyer, higher, than I was before” he smelled of body Oder and old spice. He was gone. It was like maybe 3:30 in the afternoon. I can’t swear it was brain damage but it was pretty funny.

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 8 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-10-19, 19:19

LooseGoose wrote:
Herbie Green wrote: Come on you are dealing with a 10 year old intellect

Be careful not to ask too much of Nigel.

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 8 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmPWycxBndLsssVSNAKbn2j-R4Y3zt9VdrNaFzk1ciPXvKlmF2BA
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-10-19, 19:29

DWags wrote:

Fucking Dale.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-10-19, 19:35

DWags wrote:

Where’s the brain damage in this story?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-19, 19:37

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
DWags wrote:

Where’s the brain damage in this story?

The cold water drowning.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-10-19, 20:20

Frozen 4 is harder.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-10-19, 20:23

Making my beer league hockey upper dividion playoffs is by far the hardest. Never been accomplished. It's literally impossible.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-10-19, 23:01

More about Dale please. Can you look him up on facespace wags?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-19, 23:15

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:More about Dale please. Can you look him up on facespace wags?

Don’t even know if he’s alive. Last I heard he was sent to the traverse city missel base. He had an older brother. I think he graduated with my sister. She’s all over Facebook. I’ll ask her. Yeah there’s some good stories about him.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-19, 23:17

Nordic wrote:Frozen 4 is harder.

It’s ice man.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-10-19, 23:42

I've only seen the first Frozen. It was pretty good.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-10-19, 23:43

Wow. What a catch.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-10-19, 23:44

Herbie has donkey brains.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-20, 12:14

This may be the single greatest MGoBlow post of all time.

I don't think he got outcoached. The offense worked great until Isaac's fumble, which is when they needed to go ultra-conservative to avoid turnovers. Shit happened, MSU was up 14-3, and all of a sudden they had to resort to JOK trying to throw us back into it. Bad circumstances coupled with shit luck. He's trying hard to coach/scheme around an amzingly poor QB situation that can be - literally - traced back to Hoke. Throwing a redshirt freshman out there, with this offense, is doom.

And before you say something stoopid like 'why not, USC did it, or Clemson did it', remember that thier offenses are a fraction of the complexity of Harbaugh's. And before you say anything stoopid like 'then its too complex, simplify it', remember that Harbaugh's offense will beat the crap out of everything when its rolling. Once there are talented, experienced, upper-classmen running it, then the talented, inexperienced under-classmen can learn it. That's when it rolls.... You gotta get there before you can be there. It just sucks getting there...

Post #36 in this train of delusion. http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/notable-head-coaching-records-through-31-games
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-10-20, 12:17

If your system depends on uncommon talent or experience it's a shitty system
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-10-20, 12:23

Clarett's Folly wrote:If your system depends on uncommon talent or experience it's a shitty system

If it needs an experienced senior QB who's been in the system four years to get it rolling, Harbaugh won't even be around to see it.

Last edited by Floyd Robertson on 2017-10-20, 12:27; edited 1 time in total
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-20, 12:27

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:If your system depends on uncommon talent or experience it's a shitty system

If it needs a senior QB for it to get rolling, Harbaugh won't even be around to see it.

hasn't he had like 2 5th year senior qb's in his three years there?   I thought he was some kind of quarterback whisperer.   Or could it have been he had Andrew Luck for a stretch and CK in his prime year?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-10-20, 12:29

DWags wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

If it needs a senior QB for it to get rolling, Harbaugh won't even be around to see it.

hasn't he had like 2 5th year senior qb's in his three years there?   I thought he was some kind of quarterback whisperer.   Or could it have been he had Andrew Luck for a stretch and CK in his prime year?

I was editing while you were posting that. Obviously he needs a senior QB who's been in the system all that time.

Also Stanford QBs are smarter.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-10-20, 12:40

People act like once he gets his system up and running touchdowns will be worth nine points and field goals will be worth four.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2017-10-20, 13:53

harbs is so perfect there I love it - all completely delusional
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-20, 14:06

CORNER BLITZ wrote:harbs is so perfect there I love it - all completely delusional

Another dose for you....

So far his record implies he's been great considering the circumstances he inherited. He inherited a decent amount of talent, particularly on the defensive side of the ball in his first two years. His defenses have played pretty well in all 3 years. He found and developed Jake Rudock. They won 10 games in 2015 with a close loss to Utah and a random punter issue against MSU, and got handled by OSU. They looked amazing in the bowl against FLA. In 2016, he got pretty good production out of Speight minus one game. He lost a close game to Iowa and lost to another rival, this time OSU on a random call. They barely lost to FSU even when they couldn't pass block and didn't have Peppers.

"found" him..... Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 8 1966794946 Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 8 1966794946 Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 8 1966794946 Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 8 1966794946 Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 8 1966794946
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-10-20, 14:12

LooseGoose wrote:
CORNER BLITZ wrote:harbs is so perfect there I love it - all completely delusional

Another dose for you....

So far his record implies he's been great considering the circumstances he inherited. He inherited a decent amount of talent, particularly on the defensive side of the ball in his first two years. His defenses have played pretty well in all 3 years. He found and developed Jake Rudock. They won 10 games in 2015 with a close loss to Utah and a random punter issue against MSU, and got handled by OSU. They looked amazing in the bowl against FLA. In 2016, he got pretty good production out of Speight minus one game. He lost a close game to Iowa and lost to another rival, this time OSU on a random call. They barely lost to FSU even when they couldn't pass block and didn't have Peppers.

"found" him......Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 8 1966794946 Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 8 1966794946 Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 8 1966794946 Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 8 1966794946 Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 8 1966794946

Found and developed. Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 8 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-10-20, 14:19

LooseGoose wrote:

Another dose for you....

"found" him......Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 8 1966794946 Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 8 1966794946 Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 8 1966794946 Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 8 1966794946 Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 8 1966794946

Harbs is the QB whisperer but all of his QBs since Rudock have been hard of hearing.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2017-10-20, 14:33

gHost Spartan wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:People act like once he gets his system up and running touchdowns will be worth nine points and field goals will be worth four.
It's their PR machine. Best in college football. There is literally nothing like it in college athletics except maybe Duke but Duke actually wins national championships and conference tittles.

This is true
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-21, 23:50

If any of you are up for late night entertainment MGoBlow is in full meltdown tonight even a fire Harbaugh thread.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-10-22, 01:08

So what's gonna happen here? Let's try to be intellectually honest and set what we WANT to happen aside.

My initial thought when JH was hired was that his personality would wear thin and he would have to move on after 3-4 years.

The Blue Wall kinda had me fearing during and after year 1 and 2, of course combined with our absurd fall last year, that the dude just had free reign and personality conflicts wouldn't matter. And his spectrum behavior/hyper competitiveness would will them towards championship caliber teams.

I thought that because I saw him take personnel that wasn't very good under the previous coach and he and his staff got them playing solid ball and finally performing up to their talent level.

Now, though...I'm seeing something different. They play "solid" ball but the highly talented guys they have brought in are not necessarily producing. Especially on offense. They look lost on all levels, from QB to RB to WR to OL. I suppose TE would be the exception. Harbs looks sullen and reserved in his demeanor (when he's not doing a hype video with a recruit or diving in a pool).

They are going to lose 4 games at least this year. They are not going to win in Columbus, and I'd be very surprised if they win in Madison. If they pull one of those out, they'll probably drop another or the bowl game along the way.

Next year - is the team going to be any better? Speight is back but Speight sucks. Why isn't Peters or the McCaffery kid playing? They must not be very good. The D should still be pretty good - will keep Gary, Winbush, Bush and a lot of the starters. But I don't see the Offense rising to Championship level without them committing to the youngsters this year and trying to develop them. They obviously aren't ready.

What will Jeem do? Unless he's truly given up his competitive drive he may look to get out after this year. That team is not winning the East this year or next.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-22, 01:16

I think Michigan will be pretty good next year.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-10-22, 01:17

They might be. But they are not going to be good enough to win the division.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-22, 01:27

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:They might be. But they are not going to be good enough to win the division.

They play OSU and MSU on the road and PSU at home. They’ll have a better offensive line, but who knows at QB. That will be key

I’m just happy the bloom is off the rose over there. The wizard of oz has had his curtain pulled back a bit.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-10-22, 01:38

DWags wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:They might be. But they are not going to be good enough to win the division.

They play OSU and MSU on the road and PSU at home. They’ll have a better offensive line, but who knows at QB. That will be key

I’m just happy the bloom is off the rose over there. The wizard of oz has had his curtain pulled back a bit.

Yeah but this is what I mean. Speight is a known commodity. He's a game manager, at best. The D next year is - at best - going to be on par with this years. They will not have Hurst and he is their best player. Where is the future with this team if you don't have the faith in a young QB to develop and take the team forward?

I mean I just look at that team and I say hell if they can't compete for the East this year, there's no way they can next year. And if that is the case..what is the point? And if I'm Harbs...what are my options?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-10-22, 05:23

The future of Harbs at u of m is totally in his hands. There might be a vocal minority screaming for his head already, but in reality, they absolutely can not fire him. He is the savior and one and only last hope. Fire him, they're done for another decade. So the only real question is, is Harbs in it for the long haul or does he get bored and move on?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-22, 05:23

I'll repeat myself on his options. The Indianapolis Colts and Andrew Luck. If he dives out that's his soft landing spot.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-10-22, 05:42

LooseGoose wrote:If any of you are up for late night entertainment MGoBlow is in full meltdown tonight even a fire Harbaugh thread.

You can't make this up.

96 Tears About Lack of Holding Calls
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-10-22, 07:23

Floyd Robertson wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:If any of you are up for late night entertainment MGoBlow is in full meltdown tonight even a fire Harbaugh thread.

You can't make this up.

96 Tears About Lack of Holding Calls

To a man they admit the calls made no difference in the out come. But it would have been closer. What a fragile fan base. Hilarious that they want their loses to look better.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-10-22, 08:49

Harbaugh admitted when he was hired that he wears out his welcome.

Unless he has some off the field issue this year, there's no way they'd pull the plug on him. If he loses 4 games (or more) next year and loses to MSU, PSU, and OSU...

Beating OSU this year would be huge for his program. A signature win (even bigger than beating us last year).
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-10-22, 08:56

Oh boy, here we go. Jeem throws the fanbase under the bus.

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 8 Screen10

kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-10-22, 08:57

kingstonlake wrote:Oh boy, here we go. Jeem throws the fanbase under the bus.

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 8 Screen10

And...that is how he wears out his welcome.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next