Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

+33
Heat Miser
Travis of the Cosmos
Clarett's Folly
SpartanJD01
Rocinante
Senior Dickfist
Tim Wakefield
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
SeeRockCity
Wally Fairway
Herbie Green
CampbellHall
TheReal_LWS
Death Roe
Other Teams Pursuing That
CORNER BLITZ
Watch Out Pylon!
Jake from State Farm
SawGreen
InTenSity
Turtleneck
Dr. Strangelove
MiamiSpartan
steveschneider
WhiteBoyHatcher
y2kMgrad
MattyFresh
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
Nordic
DWags
Floyd Robertson
37 posters

Page 19 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next

Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 19 Empty Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by Nordic 2017-12-11, 14:58

Short version:

Patterson is a definite upgrade at QB.  Peters looked like he had some Bo Callahan in him and McCaffery is an unknown. They were an inexperienced mess at QB next year. The NCAA will clear Patterson to play next year and he'll be their QB. I can't see any reason they block a waiver.  Regardless, can't wait to see him E.L.

Long Version:

He's good. Yeah, a lot of his stats so far have been against limited competition, but the kid can play. Don't be fooled. He's not John O'Korn. How good?  Still a lot of football to be played to determine. Similar to McSorley, short and has good wheels. Two totally different offenses though, even though both are spread. McSorely ran a lot of read option, RPO and is very good at throwing the deep ball. McSorley also has "it". Few QBs do. Ole Miss was more of a conventional 4-wide spread. I don't think he has McSorley's deep ball arm, but he is better at the intermediate sideline routes (the Cook throw) and hitting WRs down the seem in stride.. Ole Miss has (arguably) the best WR core in the country. They are all 6-2 220lb clones of each other. Pure physical specimens that could run. They were tough to defend.

He ran out of the shotgun most of the time at Ole Miss. No idea what he ran in HS. He'll need to learn to ride the center, make reads in a dropback and throw into more crowded passing lanes. It will be a totally different environment to work from. And Mich does not have the WR talent they had at Ole Miss (even with Tarik Black coming back). His addition is an upgrade, but this is not a slam dunk National Championship signing that Mich fans are jerking off to.

And lol @ Michigan fans that think this won't cause some locker room issues. Peters and McCaffery knew they would be competing against each other and other highly ranked incoming freshman, but didn't sign up for outside transfers to usurp them. The odds of the both of them staying are slim. Peters makes the most sense to bolt. McCaffery can stick out his r-Fr year and win the job the following year. Then there is McCaffery's younger brother and future QB recruits. Mich has brought and will likely start 3 straight QB transfers. Not a good look. Oregon went this route after Mariota (Adams Jr, Prukop) and struggled to recover... and they didn't have young 5-start QBs waiting in the wings.

The signing could very well prove to be a huge signing for them. But I think it is hysterical that they keep having to bring in QBs and all the sudden have no faith in the QBs the fanbase anointed as their saviors. If he pans out, he's a 1-year rental and they are back on the market. Not how you build a team for long-term success.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 19 Empty Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-12-11, 15:08

I watched exactly zero Ole Miss games last season. How did he lose the starter's job? From everything I've read this has more to do with the fact that he wouldn't be the starter next year than it has to do with sanctions.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-12-11, 15:11

Clarett's Folly wrote:I watched exactly zero Ole Miss games last season. How did he lose the starter's job? From everything I've read this has more to do with the fact that he wouldn't be the starter next year than it has to do with sanctions.

Hurt himself pretty bad.   Knee.   He had real good numbers against south alabama, vanderbilt, some other low key teams.  13 td's 1 int.  then came LSU, Bama, Auburn, and Georgia?  I think, and he threw a bit more int's a lot less t.d.'s and he had negative rushing yards.  I guess the injury was pretty ugly.   I saw a highlight.  I think you can google on you tube "every OL Miss offensive play" if you want.  I watched like 5 minutes of what somebody sent me.   He's good.  We've got a better QB.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-12-11, 15:15

Nordic wrote:Short version:

Patterson is a definite upgrade at QB.  Peters looked like he had some Bo Callahan in him and McCaffery is an unknown. They were an inexperienced mess at QB next year. The NCAA will clear Patterson to play next year and he'll be their QB. I can't see any reason they block a waiver.  Regardless, can't wait to see him E.L.

Long Version:

He's good. Yeah, a lot of his stats so far have been against limited competition, but the kid can play. Don't be fooled. He's not John O'Korn. How good?  Still a lot of football to be played to determine. Similar to McSorley, short and has good wheels. Two totally different offenses though, even though both are spread. McSorely ran a lot of read option, RPO and is very good at throwing the deep ball. McSorley also has "it". Few QBs do. Ole Miss was more of a conventional 4-wide spread. I don't think he has McSorley's deep ball arm, but he is better at the intermediate sideline routes (the Cook throw) and hitting WRs down the seem in stride.. Ole Miss has (arguably) the best WR core in the country. They are all 6-2 220lb clones of each other. Pure physical specimens that could run. They were tough to defend.

He ran out of the shotgun most of the time at Ole Miss. No idea what he ran in HS. He'll need to learn to ride the center, make reads in a dropback and throw into more crowded passing lanes. It will be a totally different environment to work from. And Mich does not have the WR talent they had at Ole Miss (even with Tarik Black coming back). His addition is an upgrade, but this is not a slam dunk National Championship signing that Mich fans are jerking off to.

And lol @ Michigan fans that think this won't cause some locker room issues. Peters and McCaffery knew  they would be competing against each other and other highly ranked incoming freshman, but didn't sign up for outside transfers to usurp them. The odds of the both of them staying are slim. Peters makes the most sense to bolt. McCaffery can stick out his r-Fr year and win the job the following year. Then there is McCaffery's younger brother and future QB recruits. Mich has brought and will likely start 3 straight QB transfers. Not a good look. Oregon went this route after Mariota (Adams Jr, Prukop) and struggled to recover... and they didn't have young 5-start QBs waiting in the wings.

The signing could very well prove to be a huge signing for them. But I think it is hysterical that they keep having to bring in QBs and all the sudden have no faith in the QBs the fanbase anointed as their saviors. If he pans out, he's a 1-year rental and they are back on the market. Not how you build a team for long-term success.

Nice break down.  I disagree that he's better than Peters at that position in Michigan's offense.  Can he get himself out of trouble better?  Sure.  But from what I've seen (very limited) their arm talent is very similar.   He's willing to take chances which I always like, but they both throw outs and slants with the same velocity in my opinion and sometimes miss on long balls.   

I just think, that maybe he adds that dimension that we have to be careful of him scrambling, but I'm gonna pull a Bob and say "I'm not worried".  Also, do we know how his injury is coming?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-12-11, 15:32

Amani Toomer just rips into Harbro and the state of the program. Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 19 502811600
http://on.freep.com/2BdHRcH
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-12-11, 15:34

tGreenWay wrote:Amani Toomer just rips into Harbro and the state of the program. Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 19 502811600

Amani is my favorite wolverine of all-time.*

* As of today and until further notice.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-12-11, 15:39

tGreenWay wrote:Amani Toomer just rips into Harbro and the state of the program. Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 19 502811600

He's not wrong. This is the guy "they'll never fire?" The guy with all the leverage? What in the fuck has he done to deserve that?
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-12-11, 15:52

Clarett's Folly wrote:

He's not wrong. This is the guy "they'll never fire?" The guy with all the leverage? What in the fuck has he done to deserve that?

They’ve backed themselves into a corner with him. Huge gamble. It might pay off but I’m still not convinced
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-12-11, 15:58

DWags wrote:
Nordic wrote:Short version:

Long Version:

And lol @ Michigan fans that think this won't cause some locker room issues. Peters and McCaffery knew  they would be competing against each other and other highly ranked incoming freshman, but didn't sign up for outside transfers to usurp them. The odds of the both of them staying are slim. Peters makes the most sense to bolt. McCaffery can stick out his r-Fr year and win the job the following year. Then there is McCaffery's younger brother and future QB recruits. Mich has brought and will likely start 3 straight QB transfers. Not a good look. Oregon went this route after Mariota (Adams Jr, Prukop) and struggled to recover... and they didn't have young 5-start QBs waiting in the wings.

Nice break down.  I disagree that he's better than Peters at that position in Michigan's offense.  Can he get himself out of trouble better?  Sure.  But from what I've seen (very limited) their arm talent is very similar.   He's willing to take chances which I always like, but they both throw outs and slants with the same velocity in my opinion and sometimes miss on long balls.   

I just think, that maybe he adds that dimension that we have to be careful of him scrambling, but I'm gonna pull a Bob and say "I'm not worried".  Also, do we know how his injury is coming?

I don't think Peters and Patterson are similar at all (arm, build, mobility, etc.). Peters fits their mold better, but Patterson is a better QB.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-12-11, 15:58

Clarett's Folly wrote:

He is wrong. We kicked the shit out of Michigan and they should of and did lose.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-12-11, 16:02

Nordic wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:

He is wrong. We kicked the shit out of Michigan and they should of and did lose.

Full disclosure: I didn't read the whole thing.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-12-11, 16:12

Patterson threw for 300 yards in 7 of the 10 games he's started at Ole Miss.  SCum has thrown for 300 yards in 5 of the 38 games Harbaugh has coached at SCum.

Somethings gotta give.....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-12-11, 16:27

kingstonlake wrote:Patterson threw for 300 yards in 7 of the 10 games he's started at Ole Miss.  SCum has thrown for 300 yards in 5 of the 38 games Harbaugh has coached at SCum.

Who's got the better pass protection and receivers?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-12-11, 17:27

Floyd Robertson wrote:

I wonder how much play this is going to get, both in-state and nationally. Toomer has made it clear the emperor has no clothes. It might actually be the beginning of an uncomfortable end for Jeem, if he doesn't bolt for the NFL first.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-12-11, 17:30

Floyd Robertson wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Patterson threw for 300 yards in 7 of the 10 games he's started at Ole Miss.  SCum has thrown for 300 yards in 5 of the 38 games Harbaugh has coached at SCum.

Who's got the better pass protection and receivers?

All SEC Team WR A.J. Brown, Ole Miss
2nd Team OT Greg Little, Ole Miss

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-12-11, 17:35

You guys know he coached Andrew Luck in college right? I just feel like you’re forgetting about that.

Note- the guy that coached Tom Brady fuckin sucks.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-12-11, 18:23

Apparently SCum is having their Outhouse bowl practices on the high school field of a 5* O Lineman they're recruiting.  Cute.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-12-11, 19:02

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

I wonder how much play this is going to get, both in-state and nationally. Toomer has made it clear the emperor has no clothes. It might actually be the beginning of an uncomfortable end for Jeem, if he doesn't bolt for the NFL first.

Just scanned the news. Not a word.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-12-11, 19:47

kingstonlake wrote:Apparently SCum is having their Outhouse bowl practices on the high school field of a 5* O Lineman they're recruiting.  Cute.

Lol... for real? I'm sure the players are thrilled. Rolling Eyes
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-12-11, 19:56

Nordic wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Apparently SCum is having their Outhouse bowl practices on the high school field of a 5* O Lineman they're recruiting.  Cute.

Lol... for real? I'm sure the players are thrilled. Rolling Eyes

No word yet if he's gonna tote the first down chain like he did for Najea Harris's school
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-12-11, 20:40

This is some excuse prep work:

samdrussBLUE
MGoPoints: 14098

What happens if we still go 8-4 next year?
============
Raving Blue Lunatic
MGoPoints: 313

If it does, it will be because the Offensive Line is still a year away. It could be. It will still be a very young line next year, although one with lots of talent.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-12-11, 21:26

Michigan's Jim Harbaugh has no more excuses after adding Shea Patterson
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2017-12-11, 21:31

I watched Shea Patterson's highlight tape and he looked good. He'll look especially good running around like Devin Gardner with his head chopped off in SS next year
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-12-11, 21:53

What a bunch of whores
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-12-11, 21:55

LooseGoose wrote:Michigan's Jim Harbaugh has no more excuses after adding Shea Patterson

Oh I'm sure they'll think of plenty.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2017-12-11, 22:53

mgoblog has deleted at least three threads about Toomer's comments on Harbaugh.

It's like they brought Mel Barnes to guest mod
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-12-11, 23:00

We need to get a celebrity to guest mod for a week.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-12-11, 23:06

Turtleneck wrote:We need to get a celebrity to guest mod for a week.

Ass Dan!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2017-12-11, 23:22

Hondo
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-12-12, 00:08

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
Hondo

Mods, please delete this post and ban this user.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-12-12, 00:12

tGreenWay wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:
Hondo

What if Hondo was poster Ass Dan?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-12-12, 00:14

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

What if Hondo was poster Ass Dan?

Wouldn't matter. My request would stand.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-12-12, 22:12

I really shouldn't have to look this hard for the Obsession thread guys.

Michigan up on UT 32-23 on ESPN2. Hook em.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-12-12, 22:36

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I really shouldn't have to look this hard for the Obsession thread guys.

Half expecting you to be reporting that McCaffree was transferring.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-12-12, 23:01

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I really shouldn't have to look this hard for the Obsession thread guys.

UT fans giving it to that ref that always gives Izzo techs. Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 19 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-12-13, 21:29

Nobody bid on Jim Harbaugh pants at a Michigan auction.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-12-13, 21:34

DWags wrote:Nobody bid on Jim Harbaugh pants at a Michigan auction.

Lmao. What the fuck, man? Reminds me of a girl who recently told me she sold her worn panties online. Like $30 a pair. Extra if they have blood on them. No joke.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-12-13, 21:34

That's a win for the human race
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-12-13, 21:41

I saw this at an auction (or a duplicate) at LCA and got a giggle.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-12-13, 22:08

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Lmao. What the fuck, man? Reminds me of a girl who recently told me she sold her worn panties online. Like $30 a pair. Extra if they have blood on them. No joke.

Best $30 (more if they have blood on them) greenway ever spent
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next