Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

+33
Heat Miser
Travis of the Cosmos
Clarett's Folly
SpartanJD01
Rocinante
Senior Dickfist
Tim Wakefield
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
SeeRockCity
Wally Fairway
Herbie Green
CampbellHall
TheReal_LWS
Death Roe
Other Teams Pursuing That
CORNER BLITZ
Watch Out Pylon!
Jake from State Farm
SawGreen
InTenSity
Turtleneck
Dr. Strangelove
MiamiSpartan
steveschneider
WhiteBoyHatcher
y2kMgrad
MattyFresh
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
Nordic
DWags
Floyd Robertson
37 posters

Page 18 of 25 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 21 ... 25  Next

Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 18 Empty Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:49 am

kingstonlake wrote:All the chatter at scum is about beating an SEC team. What's South Carolina maybe the fifth best SEC team?
I'd say they're the 6th best team in the SEC.. of course, UM is the probably the 6th best team in the Big Ten so that works out.

that said, I truly don't care which bowl UM goes to.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 18 Empty Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by tGreenWay Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:57 pm

Nordic wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

It's not a snub until Herbie declares it a snub.

This is going to be a Chip game!

Program game. Are you prepared to lay your ass on the line?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:15 pm

DWags wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:Has a NYD bowl ever had two unranked teams playing?  

That really stands out for the Outback Bowl as you're scrolling through the list of bowls.  This reminds me of their Sugar Bowl year when it was widely considered one of the weakest BCS bowl match ups.  Look the bowls and see the other bowls that pit two unranked Power 5 teams against each other.  The Cactus Bowl, The Dallas Bowl, The Pinstripe Bowl, and others like that.  Umm, congrats, I guess?  

The added beauty is that this just feeds the paper tiger.  They actually take pride in getting a higher bowl because of their name brand and not on merit.  It keeps their arrogance high, which is what holds them back.

January 1, 2011   Outback.  7-5 Penn State vs. 7-5 Florida.  Both were 4-4 in their league.   Over 60K attended and it got a 7.1 Nielsen (12.4 million viewers)

So, yeah, I googled that question.   

Bowl games are all about making money and putting fans into seats.   I blame the Big Ten somewhat for the Holiday bowl slight, but I also blame our fan base, too.  Dantonio has brought our program along, but I don't think our fans have caught up to him yet, or worse, after a decade of good football, still are ho-hum about it.  Iowa, PSU, OSU, Wisconsin, Michigan, as much as we joke about it, they do "travel well" I guess.  I really don't know if our fan base does or not, or if bowls consider our fan base one that does.   But it seems to me we don't have the reputation of the schools I've listed.   I'm part of the blame, I had a chance to go to the playoff game, but didn't.  I'm iffy about this game too.
Good job looking that up. I'm sure UM must be proud to be in company with two 7-5 teams.

At times we do travel well, at times it's just ok. It's a big commitment for most of our fanbase to travel with flights, hotel, family, and jobs to think of. It's easier when a big chunk of UM's fanbase don't even have to leave their house. They just drive their house down to Florida.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:24 am

Apparently SCum doesn't mind having the appearance of being the dirtiest program in the B1G. When you back the van up to the dirtiest program in the SEC, and I'm pretty sure lowest academic standard, you've pretty much pushed all your chips into the middle of the table. Do you think Desperate Jim makes this move if he's .500 against rivals and a finish higher than third in his own division?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:46 am

kingstonlake wrote:Apparently SCum doesn't mind having the appearance of being the dirtiest program in the B1G. When you back the van up to the dirtiest program in the SEC, and I'm pretty sure lowest academic standard, you've pretty much pushed all your chips into the middle of the table. Do you think Desperate Jim makes this move if he's .500 against rivals and a finish higher than third in his own division?

What are you talking about dwags?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:53 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Apparently SCum doesn't mind having the appearance of being the dirtiest program in the B1G. When you back the van up to the dirtiest program in the SEC, and I'm pretty sure lowest academic standard, you've pretty much pushed all your chips into the middle of the table. Do you think Desperate Jim makes this move if he's .500 against rivals and a finish higher than third in his own division?

um is looking to take 4-6 players, maybe more from Mississippi State or regular. They were just put on probation for being dirty in the SEC. Therefor um is throwing out all of their righteousness in an order to maybe be able to compete. Or something like that. Basically they are looking for a bandaid, don't care how dirty the bandaid is and will do anything to win.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:56 am

InTenSity wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

um is looking to take 4-6 players, maybe more from Mississippi State or regular. They were just put on probation for being dirty in the SEC. Therefor um is throwing out all of their righteousness in an order to maybe be able to compete. Or something like that. Basically they are looking for a bandaid, don't care how dirty the bandaid is and will do anything to win.

Thank you intensity
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:09 pm

I think it's possible he'd do it even if he had a bad record. He's trying to get a pipeline to the south going and if those players have success up in Ann Arbor he could attract more recruits on down the road.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:13 pm

steveschneider wrote:I think it’s a sign of intelligence on our part that we don’t travel well. We traveled well for the rose bowl because the Rose Bowl has history, it’s california and it was a great matchup. Who would want to travel to see us got stomped by Alabama? Or travel to some of these dumb ass lower level bowls? The truth is smart people know it’s better to watch most of these at home on tv. I think the bowl system is to blame too, they gotta step up their game if they expect me to get on a plane and go to this stuff.

Also, I bet we travel well to final fours and that’s because they are worth it.  
I agree 100% and will add that our athletic department is part of the problem.  They give our fans no incentive to attend.

Why would I pay for an overpriced joke of a bowl package - so MSU can get a kickback?
Why would I pay more to buy seats through our ATO and sit in the worst areas of the stadium?

Even when faced with a situation of unprecedented demand we somehow manage to screw the pooch deciding who gets tickets.

Kudos to all of the fans who still drink the kool-aid - but for me watching the game in my home theater with friends sounds like the best option.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:16 pm

steveschneider wrote:

I think it's possible he'd do it even if he had a bad record. He's trying to get a pipeline to the south going and if those players have success up in Ann Arbor he could attract more recruits on down the road.

Did you mean good record? I have to disagree. His recent butt hurt over an innocuous response to a question from coach D, everyone aware their bowl bid was given not earned, seems he's feeling the pressure hence the open arms to ole Miss, a program their fan base routinely takes to ask as the dirtiest program down their.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:21 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Did you mean good record? I have to disagree. His recent butt hurt over an innocuous response to a question from coach D, everyone aware their bowl bid was given not earned, seems he's feeling the pressure hence the open arms to ole Miss, a program their fan base routinely takes to ask as the dirtiest program down their.

Correction, meant better record. I agree he's probably trying to do things a little differently to get the program going, but he's been trying to get recruits out of the south for a while. All the camps he held down there was a strategy to get a footprint in SEC territory and I can see this as another way to do that. With all those players he takes in he can get a relationship going with their high school coaches and try to recruit more players from the south.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:29 pm

MSU addict wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I think it’s a sign of intelligence on our part that we don’t travel well. We traveled well for the rose bowl because the Rose Bowl has history, it’s california and it was a great matchup. Who would want to travel to see us got stomped by Alabama? Or travel to some of these dumb ass lower level bowls? The truth is smart people know it’s better to watch most of these at home on tv. I think the bowl system is to blame too, they gotta step up their game if they expect me to get on a plane and go to this stuff.

I agree 100% and will add that our athletic department is part of the problem.  They give our fans no incentive to attend.

Why would I pay for an overpriced joke of a bowl package - so MSU can get a kickback?
Why would I pay more to buy seats through our ATO and sit in the worst areas of the stadium?

Even when faced with a situation of unprecedented demand we somehow manage to screw the pooch deciding who gets tickets.

Kudos to all of the fans who still drink the kool-aid - but for me watching the game in my home theater with friends sounds like the best option.

I'm saving my travel for next years home football games. Really want to go to the UofM home game next year.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:01 pm

MSU addict wrote:

I have taken it to the point where I rarely if ever buy any tickets from MSU including home games.
Peeps here might find it hard to believe but I am the worst kind of fan to MSU.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:34 pm

Given Harbro's interest in the UMiss QB, I'd be pissed if I was a um QB or QB commit. Gotta wonder if McCaffrey looks to leave.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:37 pm

Herbie Green wrote:
MSU addict wrote:

I have taken it to the point where I rarely if ever buy any tickets from MSU including home games.

If you don’t enjoy it no reason to go. As they say to each their own.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:43 pm

Herbie Green wrote:
MSU addict wrote:

It warms the cockles of my heart when I agree with Herbie, and he's right here (for real).

I learned my lesson in 99/00 not to get my tickets through the school. I called in the second they went on sale (started trying even before that). I had to be among the first 100 people to put in my order for the Citrus Bowl. Upper deck, corner. Fuck that shit. For all of those other Florida bowls, we went the StubHub route. Paid more than through the school, but got better seats.

Personally, I don't buy the narrative that contributes to MSU not having a reputation for traveling well. If a bowl sees 30,000 people wearing green, they aren't going to give a shit if only 5,000 of the allotted 10-12,000 were purchased through the school. In fact, they probably prefer it that way, as the school has to pay for the full allotment regardless. So MSU doesn't like that, but it's their own policies that drive people toward the secondary market, so I won't shed any tears for them. They choose to please a small number of bigger donors over the masses. That's cool, I won't begrudge them doing that. But don't then ask the masses to buy up the shitty seats.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:54 pm

I had never even thought of it that way Miami and you very well might be right.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:24 pm

tGreenWay wrote:Given Harbro's interest in the UMiss QB, I'd be pissed if I was a um QB or QB commit. Gotta wonder if McCaffrey looks to leave.

I agree. it's one thing to recruit HS QB's. But he's obviously sending a signal to the kids he recruited, that he thinks he can do better. they should too.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:34 pm

tGreenWay wrote:Given Harbro's interest in the UMiss QB, I'd be pissed if I was a um QB or QB commit. Gotta wonder if McCaffrey looks to leave.

Who? That Ta'amu kid? Nevermind, I looked online and saw it was Patterson. A couple things about this. This seems to be yet another signal that Harbs doesn't think that Peters is the guy. It pretty much ruins the theory that UM would've beaten us if they had played Peters instead of O'Korn. If you would've told UM fans that heading into year 4 of the Harbaugh regime they would be 1-3 against us, 0-3 against OSU, still unsettled at the QB position, and raiding 6-6 teams for transfers to fill out their depth chartthey would've said you were crazy but here we are.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:17 pm

kingstonlake wrote:

I agree. it's one thing to recruit HS QB's. But he's obviously sending a signal to the kids he recruited, that he thinks he can do better. they should too.
It feels like he has no idea how to spot a good QB (or develop a QB into being good) and is just playing the odds, figuring that the more QBs he brings in, the better the chance of one being worth a damn.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:44 pm

Yep - it's just another game to them.

Seahawks Malik McDowell arrested

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:00 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Yep - it's just another game to them.

Seahawks Malik McDowell arrested

Did you check with the moral high ground all knowing, what a model MSU fan should be, czar before posting this?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:39 pm

Shea Patterson made it official, u of m bound.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:50 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:Shea Patterson made it official, u of m bound.

Good. I like the "commitment" he shows to the guys he recruited.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:50 pm

Jim Harbaugh has done a great job developing this young guy.

Quarterback whissssssspppppererrrr
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:52 pm

By the way, our Defense is going to crawl up their ass next year.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:56 pm

Beautiful, this sets up all kinds of possible meltdowns:

1) he has to sit a year.
2) something dirty surfaces from Miss about him.
3) Peters transfers
4) McCaffery transfers
5) Patterson fails on the field - what's the excuse for no titles at that point?
6) Locker room splits into Peters/Patterson factions
7) Milton deCommitts

I'm sure I'm missing some potential fun.....but this should be interesting.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:57 pm

I guess Peters isn't the Second Coming after all
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:57 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Beautiful, this sets up all kinds of possible meltdowns:

1) he has to sit a year.
3) Peters transfers
4) McCaffery transfers
5) Patterson fails on the field - what's the excuse for no titles at that point?
7) Milton deCommitts

He won't have to sit since Ole Miss is on probation
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:58 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:

I guess Peters isn't the Second Coming after all

You can never have too many September Heisman candidate QBs on one team.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:01 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Beautiful, this sets up all kinds of possible meltdowns:

1) he has to sit a year.
3) Peters transfers
4) McCaffery transfers
7) Milton deCommitts

He's not a Sr so right now the ruling is that he sits. He's suing the NCAA to change that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:02 pm

I love it when this gets reiterated.

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 18 Verbal10
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:02 pm

Already massive Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 18 3434560931 Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 18 3434560931 Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 18 3434560931 Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 18 3434560931 Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 18 3434560931 Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 18 3434560931 at MGoBlow......they never get over winning the off seasons.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:04 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:I love it when this gets reiterated.

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 18 Verbal10

He doesn't mention @Northwestern - of course at MGo they're blowing that one off since they're "only" Top25....from the fanbase of an unranked 8-4 team.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:11 pm

DWags wrote:

The QB Whisperer whispers to Brandon Peters "you're not very good."
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:21 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:

He's not a Sr so right now the ruling is that he sits. He's suing the NCAA to change that.

When the ncaa gives in and says ok to him, how shocked will you be on a scale of ten?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:23 pm

Clarett's Folly wrote:
DWags wrote:

The QB Whisperer whispers to Brandon Peters "you're not very good."

And “I’m really not that good at talent evaluation and development”.

We win by 10 next year. Fuck them.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:41 pm

I'm going to bet he doesn't have to sit. Is this qb any good? Looking for sound analysis, should we be concerned?

I'm guessing since I've never heard of the guy no.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:44 pm

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

When the ncaa gives in and says ok to him, how shocked will you be on a scale of ten?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:45 pm

steveschneider wrote:I'm going to bet he doesn't have to sit. Is this qb any good? Looking for sound analysis, should we be concerned?

I'm guessing since I've never heard of the guy no.

So far he's done well against crappy teams and struggled against good ones. That's at least somewhat true of most QBs though.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 25 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 21 ... 25  Next