Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So are UFO's the real thing or what?

+15
Floyd Robertson
MiamiSpartan
TheReal_LWS
Cameron
goodbar
MSU addict
Robert J Sakimano
WhiteBoyHatcher
y2kMgrad
Other Teams Pursuing That
Rocinante
NigelUno
Dendrobates
DWags
kingstonlake
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

So are UFO's the real thing or what? - Page 2 Empty Re: So are UFO's the real thing or what?

Post by Rocinante 2017-12-19, 15:07

Cameron wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

You call it life. ETs as a term connotes advanced life. I got time life books mysteries of the unknown when I was 11 dude. I know things.

I don't think you're right on that. A cursory google indicates that even non-living objects may be correctly referred to as extra terrestrial.

Extraterrestrials, though is not the same as extra terrestrial.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

So are UFO's the real thing or what? - Page 2 Empty Re: So are UFO's the real thing or what?

Post by Cameron 2017-12-19, 15:13

Rocinante wrote:
Cameron wrote:

I don't think you're right on that. A cursory google indicates that even non-living objects may be correctly referred to as extra terrestrial.

Extraterrestrials, though is not the same as extra terrestrial.

Just take the L, dude.

Even if there is the implicit value that extraterrestrials are advanced life forms (whatever exactly that may mean), there's certainly no implication that they have to have visited Earth, which seems like the hill you're intent to die on here.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-12-19, 15:20

You’re so arrogant even when you’re wrong.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-12-19, 15:58

I don't know. Maybe they're aliens. Or maybe it's just any of dozens of governments or corporations worldwide testing new technology. 20-30 years ago, if you saw an object hovering in mid air with weird lights and rays coming out of it, even a top notch fighter pilot might call that a UFO. Then they were super-secret government projects. 15 years ago, they were used in combat. Today you can buy them at Toys R Us (at least until that UM douche runs that company the rest of the way into the ground).

I just tend to think that there are billions being spent by public and private organizations on developing things that we've never seen and that we can't imagine, so seeing an object that is flying and not identified doesn't make me jump to the conclusions that they're aliens from another solar system.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-12-19, 16:04

I think we're basically on this continuum somewhere:

Stealthy aliens visiting earth
Intelligent Extra-terrestrial Life
Extra-terrestrial Life Somewhere in the universe
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-12-19, 16:19

I don't know
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-12-19, 17:16

Never seen anything personally, but have talked with a few that have.

Book keeper at my old place said she was stopped at a traffic light one night in St. Clair Shores and saw something sizable hovering above the intersection. Then it was gone. Said she heard nothing.

My grandparents lived in the Keweenaw Peninsula. Grand dad got up at 4am pretty much every morning and took his dog for a walk around the neighborhood. Said one morning he saw a light low in the sky and moving in his direction, traveling east to west. Said at the closest it got to him, it was roughly the size and shape of a football held at arms length. Said it kept moving at the same speed and he watched it until it went over the western horizon. Said the whole thing took maybe 15 minutes. And again, it made no sound.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-12-19, 17:24

Rocinante wrote:You’re so arrogant even when you’re wrong.

I'm neither of those things. It's not my fault you don't know what words mean.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-12-19, 18:10

Cameron wrote:
Rocinante wrote:You’re so arrogant even when you’re wrong.

Yes, you're both and you're also in denial about it as usual.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-12-19, 18:24

TeamCameron in this one. I don’t think I’ve ever seen roc admit he was wrong.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-12-19, 18:34

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:TeamCameron in this one. I don’t think I’ve ever seen roc admit he was wrong.

Let's clarify: you're team whoever disagrees with me because you have been up my ass for over a year now. And I'm never wrong. I thought i was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-12-19, 19:16

CNN is going to run a story on it shortly.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-12-19, 19:42

Rocinante wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Yes, you're both and you're also in denial about it as usual.

You're talking out of your ass like a pompous douche canoe, as usual.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-12-19, 19:48

This is exactly why aliens don’t want to land here and meet us. You two ass clowns are all up in here arguing line kids. Why should they stop and try to talk to us?

Quit screwing it up for us.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-12-19, 19:55

I remember when I was at MSU there was a few ufo sightings on campus that made it to the state news. This was back in the 90s.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-12-19, 20:36

DWags wrote:This is exactly why aliens don’t want to land here and meet us. You two ass clowns are all up in here arguing line kids. Why should they stop and try to talk to us?

Keep out of this Dad.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-12-19, 20:41

Rocinante wrote:
DWags wrote:This is exactly why aliens don’t want to land here and meet us. You two ass clowns are all up in here arguing line kids. Why should they stop and try to talk to us?

Keep out of this Dad.

So are UFO's the real thing or what? - Page 2 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2017-12-20, 11:46

steveschneider wrote:I remember when I was at MSU there was a few ufo sightings on campus that made it to the state news. This was back in the 90s.

yup. I actually saw that out of my sny/phi dorm room window. didn't really think too much of it when i saw it, figured it was odd, wondered what it was doing, but ultimately figured it was some kind of aircraft and went about my business (which was arranging my 40oz & 64oz bottle collection to look the best it could whilst on display. I'll attach a photo of it down below).  The the next day it was on the lansing news and in the papers.

So are UFO's the real thing or what? - Page 2 40oz10
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2017-12-20, 11:47

the ufo stuff was in the news and papers. not my 40/64oz collection. sorry, that was kind of ambiguous in the post above.
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2017-12-20, 11:50

goodbar wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I remember when I was at MSU there was a few ufo sightings on campus that made it to the state news. This was back in the 90s.

:

yup. I actually saw that out of my sny/phi dorm room window. didn't really think too much of it when i saw it, figured it was odd, wondered what it was doing, but ultimately figured it was some kind of aircraft and went about my business (which was arranging my 40oz & 64oz bottle collection to look the best it could whilst on display. I'll attach a photo of it down below).  The the next day it was on the lansing news and in the papers.

So are UFO's the real thing or what? - Page 2 502811600: I bet the bottom of that OE 64 tasted delish. Malt liquor was craft beer for the 90's.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-12-20, 13:13

This means something!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-12-21, 08:53

goodbar wrote:

Ha! They probably thought you were constructing an altar for worship.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-03-29, 20:24

Two pilots on different aircraft reported having close encounters with a mysterious object flying high above Arizona last month, according to the Federal Aviation Administration.

The sightings occurred within minutes of each other on the afternoon of Feb. 24, some 40,000 feet above southern Arizona near the New Mexico border. ABC News obtained the audio recording of the conversation between the pilots and the Albuquerque Air Route Traffic Control Center, released by the FAA.

The news comes amid a series of reports of military pilots coming into contact with what they believed to be UFOs and the disclosure of a secret, but now-defunct Pentagon program to track such incidents.

The pilot of a Learjet 36 belonging to Phoenix Air, with the tail number N71PG, reported the initial sighting. He asks the controller: "Was anybody above us that passed us like 30 seconds ago?

"Negative," the controller responds.

"OK. Something did," the Learjet pilot says.

"It's a UFO," another pilot chimes in.

"Yeah," the Learjet pilot laughs.

Pilots report close encounters with UFO over Arizona: 'Something just passed over us'
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2