Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever

+35
AvgMSUJoe
TheReal_LWS
Jethro Bodeen
NWSpartan
AnomanderRake
SawGreen
aualum06
GRR Spartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
Da Mayor
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
WhiteBoyHatcher
Wally Fairway
I.B. Fine
MiamiSpartan
Watch Out Pylon!
Jake from State Farm
tGreenWay
InTenSity
CORNER BLITZ
The Pantry
MattyFresh
Tim Wakefield
Travis of the Cosmos
By-Tor
NigelUno
Clarett's Folly
Rocinante
Cameron
MSU addict
Blaine Fabin
steveschneider
Nordic
Floyd Robertson
39 posters

Page 5 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next

Go down

POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 5 Empty Re: POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-01-26, 14:04

Floyd Robertson wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

Everyone has had incidents involving their programs at universities

Graham Couch Verified account @Graham_Couch 4 minutes ago
One thing the ESPN reports lacks is comparative context. Is what's gone on at MSU - beyond Nassar - different from other major universities?

That's what I was getting ready to ask. Is MSU's rate of rape allegations abnormally high? If so, let's talk about this as well. If it's on par with other schools then this is just piling on.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 5 Empty Re: POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-26, 14:07

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

One thing the ESPN reports lacks is comparative context. Is what's gone on at MSU - beyond Nassar - different from other major universities?

That's what I was getting ready to ask. Is MSU's rate of rape allegations abnormally high? If so, let's talk about this as well. If it's on par with other schools then this is just piling on.

Reports of this magnitude with providing context are tantamount to witch hunt (which is not excusing in away any legitimate claims of sexual harassment at MSU).
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-26, 14:09

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Dantonio isn’t going anywhere. Calm down. Where’s that wavy arm panic emoji when you need it?
NigelUno wrote:

I don't think UM fans will be pushing that all over the world, so it's not true.

Dantonio's not going anywhere.  Worrying about that is a waste of time.

Even MSU's most-recognizable figures, football coach Mark Dantonio and basketball coach Tom Izzo, have had incidents involving their programs, Outside the Lines has found.
Fuck all of this. 

As long as we just put our head down, do everything humanly possible for the victims, monetarily socially psychologically, whatever.  Set up legacy funds for their kids to come to MSU fucking free, grandkids too, use whatever resource we have to make them whole. Pay for every psychological need, health need whatever need, ask them what we can do that is going to help.  Make sure we do that and more.  Thats first second and third on the list.

2.  Fuck this, set up mandatory classes you need to graduate in sexual assault awareness and bullying or whatever.  Make it mandatory.  You want to come to MSU, you're sitting in on these classes.   

3.  Ignore ESPN the whole while we're doing this.   

4.  Hit back like hell, hire a PR firm.  Fuck I don't know, do what we need to do.   Fuck this.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-26, 14:10

These "cases" suck.
On Aug. 31, 2013, a woman told campus police that a freshman running back grabbed her with both hands around her arms and slammed her up against a wall after she asked him to say "please" when he told her to take her feet off a chair in his dorm room. The woman had a scrape on her left elbow and on the upper side of her left buttock. The football player told police he had pushed her but never grabbed or threw her up against a wall. The woman told police she only wanted him to apologize, which he did in an officer's presence, and no charges were filed.

On Dec. 18, 2009, a woman told campus police that her boyfriend, a freshman defensive lineman, shoved her up against the wall of an elevator, pushed her to the ground, kicked her in the torso, and punched her in the collarbone and under her left eye after she smacked him in the face. The football player told police he had been trying to restrain her while she tried to hit him, and he never kicked or struck her. Prosecutors dropped the case after the woman declined to press charges.

On Aug. 31, 2009, campus police responded to a domestic dispute involving a junior offensive tackle and his girlfriend in which each accused the other of destructive and violent behavior. The woman admitted to police vandalizing some of his belongings, and he admitted to trying to drag her out of her car, during which she said he removed her left shoe and began to bend her foot down "like he was trying to break it." Both declined to pursue charges.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-26, 14:10

But I'm beginning to accept we're fucked.

Because there will be no context.

We've got years of shit ahead.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-26, 14:11

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Piling on is what people do in these situations.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-01-26, 14:14

Floyd Robertson wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

Everyone has had incidents involving their programs at universities

Irrelevant, it's easy pickings for lazy journalists

Last edited by I.B. Fine on 2018-01-26, 14:21; edited 1 time in total
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-26, 14:15

I.B. Fine wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Irrelevant, its easy pickings for lazy journalists

And lazy audiences.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-01-26, 14:16

LooseGoose wrote:These "cases" suck.
On Aug. 31, 2013, a woman told campus police that a freshman running back grabbed her with both hands around her arms and slammed her up against a wall after she asked him to say "please" when he told her to take her feet off a chair in his dorm room. The woman had a scrape on her left elbow and on the upper side of her left buttock. The football player told police he had pushed her but never grabbed or threw her up against a wall. The woman told police she only wanted him to apologize, which he did in an officer's presence, and no charges were filed.

On Dec. 18, 2009, a woman told campus police that her boyfriend, a freshman defensive lineman, shoved her up against the wall of an elevator, pushed her to the ground, kicked her in the torso, and punched her in the collarbone and under her left eye after she smacked him in the face. The football player told police he had been trying to restrain her while she tried to hit him, and he never kicked or struck her. Prosecutors dropped the case after the woman declined to press charges.

On Aug. 31, 2009, campus police responded to a domestic dispute involving a junior offensive tackle and his girlfriend in which each accused the other of destructive and violent behavior. The woman admitted to police vandalizing some of his belongings, and he admitted to trying to drag her out of her car, during which she said he removed her left shoe and began to bend her foot down "like he was trying to break it." Both declined to pursue charges.

Yup. All a chick has to do is make a false accusation. There are a lot of false victims out there who know how to instigate, be manipulative, and get immediate sympathy from SJWs. That's at least part of the problem.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-01-26, 14:21

here ya go otl http://mwolverine.com/Scandals_Michigan.html
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-01-26, 14:22

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Piling on is what people do in these situations.

So a whole bunch of stretch accusations that were handled by police and there is a cover up. Good work by ESPN
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-01-26, 14:22

Floyd Robertson wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:
Irrelevant, its easy pickings for lazy journalists

And lazy audiences.
Yup.
In the words of Bobby Knight, may as well...er, nevermind.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-01-26, 14:23

College athletics is one big scandal anyway. Blow it up.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-01-26, 14:24

MattyFresh wrote:here ya go otl http://mwolverine.com/Scandals_Michigan.html

As long as John Gibbons can kick with Jake longs protection it will all be okay
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-01-26, 14:29

Twitter is a hell hole of knee jerk reactions currently, some of these fellow "Spartans" I follow must be pretty dumb
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-01-26, 14:37

So how were these cases mishandled or covered up if the police were involved and charges weren't filed?
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-01-26, 14:46

aualum06 wrote:So how were these cases mishandled or covered up if the police were involved and charges weren't filed?

We should be panicking in the streets, Dantonio and Izzo are going to retire! AHAha;ldafksdfl;ksjadf;lsakdjfl;aksjdflk
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-26, 14:50

Barstool Spartans
‏Verified account @BarstoolMSU
9m9 minutes ago

BREAKING NEWS: Sources close to the Athletic Department reporting that Izzo may retire within next few days, Dantonio soon to follow.

Take that source with a grain.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-01-26, 14:51

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Barstool Spartans
9m9 minutes ago

BREAKING NEWS: Sources close to the Athletic Department reporting that Izzo may retire within next few days, Dantonio soon to follow.

you realize Barstool is 99 percent parody.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-26, 14:52

MattyFresh wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:
Barstool Spartans
9m9 minutes ago

you realize Barstool is 99 percent parody.

Yeah but, if they think this is something to parody they're bigger asshats than I thought.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-01-26, 14:53

Floyd I think they're seeing what I am seeing on twitter and tweeted that to create a few laughs and stir the pot, get followers etc.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-01-26, 14:57

aualum06 wrote:So how were these cases mishandled or covered up if the police were involved and charges weren't filed?

Good question. I hope the investigation or ESPNs reporting gets to the bottom of it. I personally think ESPN's news room is garbage but I think they are looking in the right direction. If the university did nothing wrong then we don't have much to worry about but if we are going to change the culture then IMO we have to look deep and hard at the way things are run.

Regarding the basketball incident several years back, during the time it was odd that the entire state was talking about it but all of the major news outlets were silent about it. What happened? What did the university know? Who weighed in on it in the university? There probably should have been more transparency during this case and some of the decision making process. It was all done behind closed doors.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-26, 14:59

So here is what outside the lines is going to do. They are now saying that all the charges of sexual assault at Michigan State have been either dropped or reduced. They are now implying that the county prosecutor is helping cover up crimes at MSU. 97.1 Is now saying on the radio that where there is all this smoke there must be fire. This is really getting pathetic
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2018-01-26, 15:07

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Barstool Spartans
9m9 minutes ago

That would count as the greatest victory in Harbaugh's tenure.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-26, 15:09

steveschneider wrote:

Good question. I hope the investigation or ESPNs reporting gets to the bottom of it. I personally think ESPN's news room is garbage but I think they are looking in the right direction. If the university did nothing wrong then we don't have much to worry about but if we are going to change the culture then IMO we have to look deep and hard at the way things are run.

Regarding the basketball incident several years back, during the time it was odd that the entire state was talking about it but all of the major news outlets were silent about it. What happened? What did the university know? Who weighed in on it in the university? There probably should have been more transparency during this case and some of the decision making process. It was all done behind closed doors.

The decision was made not to prosecute by Ingham County.

With that the names were hidden though they were somewhat commonly known.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-26, 15:14

ESPN radio now saying they aren’t sure Dantonio will be coach next fall.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-01-26, 15:18

DWags wrote:ESPN radio now saying they aren’t sure Dantonio will be coach next fall.

any report from ESPN regarding MSU needs to be taken with a mountain of salt
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-26, 15:19

DWags wrote:ESPN radio now saying they aren’t sure Dantonio will be coach next fall.

Next thing you know you'll be told to stay away from fringe sources. ;-) Matty
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-01-26, 15:35

I just read a good chunk of the ESPN article. Just wow. Lot of new things in there, or at least to me and it's not good at all. The way Hollis ran things wasn't good and I think Payne and Appling probably should have been charged. Had no clue about Travis Walton either.

I actually tip my hat to ESPN on this one, and I'm sorry but this stuff should be brought forth.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-26, 15:36

Yep, anyone that thinks they're coming for Izzo and Dantonio is a damned fool.

Chris Solari Verified account @chrissolari 1m1 minute ago
ESPN report puts Mark Dantonio, Tom Izzo and Michigan State athletics under fire
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-01-26, 15:37

"I heard is was Kirk Cousins all along" -unnamed former ESPN employee
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-26, 15:37

steveschneider wrote:I just read a good chunk of the ESPN article. Just wow. Lot of new things in there, or at least to me and it's not good at all. The way Hollis ran things wasn't good and I think Payne and Appling probably should have been charged. Had no clue about Travis Walton either.

I actually tip my hat to ESPN on this one, and I'm sorry but this stuff should be brought forth.

A prosecuting attorney that was a UM graduate differed with you on Appling/Payne. Don't know if he was right or wrong but I'd assume he had more information than you or I.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-26, 15:39

This folks is what's called knocking the upstarts down a peg.

Same thing happened in the 70s and got us 20 years of hell.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-26, 15:39

steveschneider wrote:I just read a good chunk of the ESPN article. Just wow. Lot of new things in there, or at least to me and it's not good at all. The way Hollis ran things wasn't good and I think Payne and Appling probably should have been charged. Had no clue about Travis Walton either.

Fair enough. I haven’t read it. But if you think it’s bad enough I’m sur a ton of people will.

This is going to get way worse. Let’s rip the band aid off.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-26, 15:52

What about rehashing the Appling/Payne thing makes this breaking news?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-01-26, 15:53

DWags wrote:

Fair enough. I haven’t read it. But if you think it’s bad enough I’m sur a ton of people will.

Just read it when you can and share your thoughts.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-01-26, 15:54

Floyd Robertson wrote:What about rehashing the Appling/Payne thing makes this breaking news?

Just read the article. It has quotes from the victim and goes into how Hollis handled it and the actual responses she was given from the University.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaine Fabin 2018-01-26, 16:00

DWags wrote:

Fair enough.  I haven’t read it. But if you think it’s bad enough I’m sur a ton of people will.

I read it and would characterize as follows:

1) The "new" information about football is a big stretch at best

2) The "new" info and new angle on old info regarding Basketball is troubling

3) The info regarding Hollis handling or investigating sounds bad, but I think deserves further context.  That one could go either way.
Blaine Fabin
Blaine Fabin
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-01-26, 16:01

I except that OTL will be doing an investigation on every college campus? Or that's to much work?
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-26, 16:02

steveschneider wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:What about rehashing the Appling/Payne thing makes this breaking news?

Just read the article. It has quotes from the victim and goes into how Hollis handled it and the actual responses she was given from the University.

I was going to devote some time to it tonight.

/

Meanwhile.

Brendan F. Quinn
‏Verified account @BFQuinn
2m2 minutes ago

There are "reports" popping up on these interwebs, I believe from fake or spoof accounts, that Izzo is planning on announcing his own retirement in the coming days. A source close to Izzo says this is "nonsense."
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next