Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim.

+25
Watch Out Pylon!
steveschneider
InTenSity
The Matador
Dendrobates
Da Mayor
WhiteBoyHatcher
Jake from State Farm
Other Teams Pursuing That
Wally Fairway
NigelUno
MattyFresh
SawGreen
The Pantry
Floyd Robertson
Nordic
Cameron
Dr. Strangelove
tGreenWay
I.B. Fine
Death Roe
MiamiSpartan
Rocinante
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
29 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim. - Page 3 Empty Re: Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim.

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-01-31, 11:39

MattyFresh wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Now really isn't the best time to get on a political soapbox. We need someone to step in ASAP and I can think of a lot worse options than Engler.

The faculty liaison said part of their demands was to have a semester long process to decide on the interim president. Shocked

These people are morons.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim. - Page 3 Empty Re: Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim.

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-31, 11:40

MattyFresh wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Now really isn't the best time to get on a political soapbox. We need someone to step in ASAP and I can think of a lot worse options than Engler.

The faculty liaison said part of their demands was to have a semester long process to decide on the interim president. Shocked

Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim. - Page 3 140912-southampton-035
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-31, 11:45

Wait a minute. I have a daughter that has been there for three years. She is doing pretty damn well. She's doing great. The people she hangs out with are doing excceptional. 6 kids in her house, all six on the deans list. I get tweeted pictures of them having a blast, but doing the work too.

One sexual assault in one city, one campus, one area is one too many. One cover up is one too many anywhere. Ask anybody on campus and they'll say the same thing.

But if we're going to say that the overall climate of our university sucks, if we're going to ignore the masses who are thriving there, if we're going to keep joining the mob and yelling to the mountain tops that SMU sucks don't send your kids there, then we'll get what we deserve.

I just want a comparative study. Thats all. Place MSU on a scale and lets see what it says. Are we a campus with massive rapes and crimes? Cause I'm sending my other daughter up there this weekend. Know what? They're gonna hang with some notorious football players. I'm the worst fucking father in the world for letting that happen hey? Or would I be I worse if I had my kids stay home and go to Wayne State or Oakland? Are there more rapes in our area? Less? More violent crimes? I dom't know, but everyone of those kids do. And they are letting the world know that. Fuck that. MSU needs to improve. We all need to improve. Every day. But this is way over the top.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-31, 11:47

DWags wrote:Wait a minute. I have a daughter that has been there for three years. She is doing pretty damn well. She's doing great. The people she hangs out with are doing excceptional. 6 kids in her house, all six on the deans list. I get tweeted pictures of them having a blast, but doing the work too.

One sexual assault in one city, one campus, one area is one too many. One cover up is one too many anywhere. Ask anybody on campus and they'll say the same thing.

But if we're going to say that the overall climate of our university sucks, if we're going to ignore the masses who are thriving there, if we're going to keep joining the mob and yelling to the mountain tops that SMU sucks don't send your kids there, then we'll get what we deserve.

I just want a comparative study. Thats all. Place MSU on a scale and lets see what it says. Are we a campus with massive rapes and crimes? Cause I'm sending my other daughter up there this weekend. Know what? They're gonna hang with some notorious football players. I'm the worst fucking father in the world for letting that happen hey? Or would I be I worse if I had my kids stay home and go to Wayne State or Oakland? Are there more rapes in our area? Less? More violent crimes? I dom't know, but everyone of those kids do. And they are letting the world know that. Fuck that. MSU needs to improve. We all need to improve. Every day. But this is way over the top.
we're gonna kindly ask you to check your rational thought and logical dialogue at the door, please.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-31, 11:51

DWags wrote:Wait a minute. I have a daughter that has been there for three years. She is doing pretty damn well. She's doing great. The people she hangs out with are doing excceptional. 6 kids in her house, all six on the deans list. I get tweeted pictures of them having a blast, but doing the work too.

Gosh if only someone had done something like that.

Grade Point What a massive sexual assault survey found at 27 top U.S. universities

Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim. - Page 3 UTGxb0R
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-31, 11:57

How do I tweet that out? I want to put it on Molly Q's tweeter feed.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-31, 12:02

DWags wrote:How do I tweet that out? I want to put it on Molly Q's tweeter feed.

go to the link then tweet out the web address.

That story is from 2015 but I couldn't find anything newer and to me that's current enough.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-01-31, 12:33

DWags wrote:Fuck it. I'm now of the mind that we deserve everything we're going to get. This shit started when everybody started screaming for heads to roll, nobody could just take a step back and take a deep breath and try to steer this ship out of this shit. Everybody started screaming and grabbing the fucking wheel, and saying this is how it should go, and fuck it fuck it fuck it.

Here's where it ends up, ESPN, Moody's Auto Owners, Marilee fucking Dean Baker is front page of the Detroit fucking news. The lady that Cecil Mackey fucked us up the rear with and set athletics back ten years, who used to sit out on the steps of Jennison and take notes of people passing by, is interviewed about how fucked up Hollis is and how she would have done it right and there is a culture at MSU that none of us who have gone there are aware of. She got the last laugh.

Interim people. Somebody who does the day to fucking day business of MSU. DAy to day business. Interim interim interim interim

Fuck this. We deserve this. I'm pissed this morning, rant over.

Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim. - Page 3 Coffee been working all morning to Make America Great again... what'd I miss?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-01-31, 12:36

Robert J Sakimano wrote:if Engler can come in and take a hard line on improving the climate, addressing all aspects of concerns represented from all interests and begin to put some pieces back together, I am all for it. He's always been known as a tough negotiator - he's also the father of three daughters. It's my hope that he can blend those two aspects of his being together and lead people past this disgraceful and dark time.

MattyFresh wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:if Engler can come in and take a hard line on improving the climate, addressing all aspects of concerns represented from all interests and begin to put some pieces back together, I am all for it. He's always been known as a tough negotiator - he's also the father of three daughters. It's my hope that he can blend those two aspects of his being together and lead people past this disgraceful and dark time.

here, here

Toast! Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim. - Page 3 969504605

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-01-31, 12:41

DWags wrote:How do I tweet that out?  I want to put it on Molly Q's tweeter feed.  

Tweet these too...

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/the-most-arrested-college-football-teams-in-america-081815/

http://www.espn.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/111518/otl-msu-athletes-accused-of-crimes-face-same-prosecution-rate-as-non-athletes

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13065247/college-athletes-major-programs-benefit-confluence-factors-somes-avoid-criminal-charges

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-01-31, 13:26

Nordic wrote:
DWags wrote:How do I tweet that out?  I want to put it on Molly Q's tweeter feed.  

Tweet these too...

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/the-most-arrested-college-football-teams-in-america-081815/

http://www.espn.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/111518/otl-msu-athletes-accused-of-crimes-face-same-prosecution-rate-as-non-athletes

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13065247/college-athletes-major-programs-benefit-confluence-factors-somes-avoid-criminal-charges

19. Michigan 14

This is all Rich Rod’s fault.

Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim. - Page 3 502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-01-31, 13:50

LooseGoose wrote:Engler opening statement.

https://twitter.com/BigTenNetwork/status/958727808896811008

I've watched this a couple of times and thought it was good. We'll see if he can follow through.

I get the faculties beefs. They wanted someone from the outside, someone with a background in sexual assault, a women, an academia type, etc. I get it, especially the first two. But above all, we needed someone that has experience navigating complex issues, organized, can speak, understands the political and legal makeups of this, can work under pressure and under a quick timetable, etc.  That trumps all, especially gender and academic credentials. Engler/Blanchard fit the bill and based on his opening statement I see no reason to question the appointment. There were no political statements here, it was focused on the right issues.

The student demands of an OPEN town hall meeting is the last thing we need. That is just more rocket fuel for the twittersphere. A meeting with the students, facility, victims (this has to happen, I don't GAF how the lawyers make this happen, this has to happen) are all needed. And I hope he does it. But certainly not in a public forum.

If someone finds a full start-to-finish video of the presser and Q&A, please post it. The BTN feed has the best vids so far, but not the full thing. Just cut ups.  How the fuck do the local news stations or papers not have a full video up? BTN has better shit.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-01-31, 14:00

He honestly looks a lot better than I was expecting for a big guy some 15 years since I last saw him.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-31, 14:10

Nordic wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Engler opening statement.

https://twitter.com/BigTenNetwork/status/958727808896811008

I've watched this a couple of times and thought it was good. We'll see if he can follow through.

If LAKS had only shown that kind of compassion and used that inflection. She'd still be gone, but it would have been a much better exit.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-01-31, 14:14

It’s a state institution and Michigan ain’t California. Engle is the best you’re going to get.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-31, 14:23

Rocinante wrote:It’s a state institution and Michigan ain’t California. Engle is the best you’re going to get.

Yeah in CA you'd have Arnold, Gray, Pete or Duek to pick from.......a much better batch.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-01-31, 14:25

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:It’s a state institution and Michigan ain’t California. Engle is the best you’re going to get.

Yeah in CA you'd have Arnold, Gray, Pete or Duek to pick from.......a much better batch.

Did I say it would be better? Nordic was talking about the faculty wanting someone more academically minded. That’s what I was responding to, Mr. Tribalism.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-31, 14:32

Rocinante wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Did I say it would be better? Nordic was talking about the faculty wanting someone more academically minded. That’s what I was responding to, Mr. Tribalism.

Sorry man, your little label doens't fit there. 3 R's and 1 D..all pretty mediocre.....if you're keeping score.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-01-31, 14:34

Sometimes you’re a complete psycho.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-31, 14:51

Rocinante wrote:Sometimes you’re a complete psycho.

I do my best.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2018-01-31, 14:51

Look through these pictures - Perles doesn't look to lively (maybe I should have kept him in the death pool)

https://twitter.com/cj_weiss/status/958760383807934465
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-31, 15:25

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Sometimes you’re a complete psycho.

I do my best.
dude, no offense, but the semi-passive-aggressive terse comebacks are my specialty.

Wink

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-31, 16:59

From ToB:

Big Fella Big Fella (3535) 70 months 2 minutes ago
I work on campus and we just came back from a meeting with the EVP for Administrative Services. Engler's intention is to be here for "a year or hopefully less" and his biggest responsibility is going to be using his connections to try and dig MSU out of the mess in the very short term and help cooperate with all the parties requesting information. When the dust settles and it's clear what exactly MSU requires in a president going forward, there will be a full search with input from all phases of MSU and it's believed that it will be an academia/administrative person.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-01-31, 17:26

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I do my best.
dude, no offense, but the semi-passive-aggressive terse comebacks are my specialty.

Wink

Semi? As in your passive aggressiveness is like getting hit head on by a semi?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-01-31, 17:32

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: dude, no offense, but the semi-passive-aggressive terse comebacks are my specialty.

Wink

Semi? As in your passive aggressiveness is like getting hit head on by a semi?

lol!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2018-01-31, 17:55

LooseGoose wrote:From ToB:

I work on campus and we just came back from a meeting with the EVP for Administrative Services. Engler's intention is to be here for "a year or hopefully less" and his biggest responsibility is going to be using his connections to try and dig MSU out of the mess in the very short term and help cooperate with all the parties requesting information. When the dust settles and it's clear what exactly MSU requires in a president going forward, there will be a full search with input from all phases of MSU and it's believed that it will be an academia/administrative person.

The Faculty Steering Committee hasn't figured out that Engler's appointment is temporary? For a bunch of intellectual educational types, they seem pretty dumb to me.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-01-31, 18:50

Jake from State Farm wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:From ToB:

The Faculty Steering Committee hasn't figured out that Engler's appointment is temporary? For a bunch of intellectual educational types, they seem pretty dumb to me.

Nope, one of their demands to the BOT was a semester long search for an interim... a fucking interim. They also wanted a women, because "her lived experience would provide needed wisdom at this juncture". To be honest they probably wanted a black democrat women and wouldn't have been happy with less, they wanted Michelle Obama.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-01-31, 18:54

What about Oprah
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-01-31, 19:03

they'd probably take the ashes of Shirley Chisholm
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-01-31, 19:08

Wally Fairway wrote:Look through these pictures - Perles doesn't look to lively (maybe I should have kept him in the death pool)

Good lord

Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim. - Page 3 Board10
Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim. - Page 3 Perles10
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-31, 19:12

His mind is still BobS sharp.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2018-01-31, 19:45

Wally Fairway wrote:Look through these pictures - Perles doesn't look to lively (maybe I should have kept him in the death pool)

I talked to him last season. His mind was still sharp, but his body is failing rapidly.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-31, 19:53

SawGreen wrote:

I talked to him last season. His mind was still sharp, but his body is failing rapidly.

Yep.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2018-01-31, 20:53

MattyFresh wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:

Nope, one of their demands to the BOT was a semester long search for an interim... a fucking interim.  They also wanted a women,  because "her lived experience would provide needed wisdom at this juncture". To be honest they probably wanted a black democrat women and wouldn't have been happy with less, they wanted Michelle Obama.

LAKS is a woman, did they forget that? Stupid.

How about we just get a competent human being regardless of identity. Is that too much to ask? ROC, please weigh in, we need your sage guidance.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-02-01, 15:43

A bunch of feminazis from some graduate student employee union just issued a statement against Engler's appointment, saying that, as women, they would no longer be silenced. Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim. - Page 3 502811600
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-02-02, 20:38

Engler making moves to satisfy factions.

VP appointed.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-02-02, 20:45

DWags wrote:Engler making moves to satisfy factions.

VP appointed.

Might be a tad inappropriate but I grew up with her daughter and....Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim. - Page 3 3434560931
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-02-02, 21:10

MattyFresh wrote:
DWags wrote:Engler making moves to satisfy factions.

VP appointed.

Might be a tad inappropriate but I grew up with her daughter and....Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim. - Page 3 3434560931

Just read this on the ESPN ticker
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2018-02-02, 21:13

that her daughter was and probably still is a smokeshow that I could fap to?
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-02-02, 21:30

MattyFresh wrote:that her daughter was and probably still is a smokeshow that I could fap to?

Yep
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next