Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Killer storm 2018. Phone in your reports.

+21
NigelUno
kingstonlake
The Pantry
CORNER BLITZ
Other Teams Pursuing That
Jake from State Farm
Rocinante
Senior Dickfist
MSU addict
Nordic
Death Roe
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
Travis of the Cosmos
tGreenWay
MattyFresh
y2kMgrad
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
DWags
25 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Killer storm 2018.  Phone in your reports.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Killer storm 2018. Phone in your reports.

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-04-14, 17:23

I canceled some plans tonight that I wasn’t that excited about anyway (they were in extreme northern metro Detroit) but it’d be nice if it starts getting super icy soon so I don’t feel bad about
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Killer storm 2018.  Phone in your reports.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Killer storm 2018. Phone in your reports.

Post by DWags 2018-04-14, 19:23

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I canceled some plans tonight that I wasn’t that excited about anyway (they were in extreme northern metro Detroit) but it’d be nice if it starts getting super icy soon so I don’t feel bad about
Northern Detroit?  Fucking Harper Woods?  Warren?   8 mile?  You'd get your millennial ass completely kicked in those neighborhoods.  Lucky you cancelled that shit.  I know people Trav.  You go down McNichols and Kelly, you need to let me know.  I can provide security.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-04-14, 19:27

DWags wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I canceled some plans tonight that I wasn’t that excited about anyway (they were in extreme northern metro Detroit) but it’d be nice if it starts getting super icy soon so I don’t feel bad about
Northern Detroit?  Fucking Harper Woods?  Warren?   8 mile?  You'd get your millennial ass completely kicked in those neighborhoods.  Lucky you cancelled that shit.  I know people Trav.  You go down McNichols and Kelly, you need to let me know.  I can provide security.
Metro Detroit dwags. I understand that you probably lost your boomer glasses so it’s hard to pick up on every word but sometimes maybe slow down and try harder.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-04-14, 19:28

Also that was cute lol
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-04-14, 19:34

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
DWags wrote:
Metro Detroit dwags. I understand that you probably lost your boomer glasses so it’s hard to pick up on every word but sometimes maybe slow down and try harder.

Got it.  Fuck, I used to do pick up games in the 90's and ealy 2000's at Denby, Kelly and 7 mile.  I still know some of the gangs there.  But man, some places are like the third world now.  You need to know somebody or else your ass is in big trouble.  

You must be talking the tony shit like Rochester and Birmingham where they shoot the colored kids.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-04-14, 19:45

DWags wrote:

Got it.  Fuck, I used to do pick up games in the 90's and ealy 2000's at Denby, Kelly and 7 mile.  I still know some of the gangs there.  But man, some places are like the third world now.  You need to know somebody or else your ass is in big trouble.  

You must be talking the tony shit like Rochester and Birmingham where they shoot the colored kids.

Those damned rural rubes.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-04-14, 19:48

DWags wrote:

No, north of that. And that’s more of a royal oak problem.

Anyway my pops was a teacher at Finney for 30 years so don’t underestimate
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-04-14, 20:23

Well we're up to 8-10" and phase 2 is just now starting.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-04-14, 20:39

No snow here. Just fucking cold again.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-04-14, 20:44

Parents live in Presque Isle. Got this picture from my mom this morning. Dad shoveling the deck and hot tub lol.
Mind you this old bird had a mild stroke 4 days ago and is on a monitor. He refuses to take it easy. Desperately trying to get them to sell the place and move to Florida. It'll never happen. They'll drag them out of that place feet first one day....

Killer storm 2018.  Phone in your reports.  - Page 4 Img_2010
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2018-04-14, 20:49

from reddit

Killer storm 2018.  Phone in your reports.  - Page 4 Khlyq211
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-04-14, 21:32

DWags wrote:

I
N

N
E
Y

FINNEY, FINNEY, FINNEY HIGH!!!!

You'd have been eaten alive down there.   Speaking of finney.  It's now east english village.  Go find out what's up with their football coach now.   

You golf Chandler Park?  Love that place. Best golf in Detroit.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-04-14, 21:57

DWags wrote:

I
N

N
E
Y

You'd have been eaten alive down there.   Speaking of finney.  It's now east english village.  Go find out what's up with their football coach now.   

One of my favorite growing up memories was the two times that my high school matched up with Finney in the playoffs. For a week I just talked shit to my dad. Then we’d go to the game together and obviously they’d smoke us by 30. Pops and I went to go get coneys together afterward anyway. 

Anyway, not even giving you shit, him working there for so long and the time I spent there taught me a hell of a lot of perspective that most suburban kids never got. I’m glad he did that when he could have easily bailed for easier teaching options.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-04-14, 22:04

DWags wrote:

I
N

N
E
Y

One of my favorite growing up memories was the two times that my high school matched up with Finney in the playoffs. For a week I just talked shit to my dad. Then we’d go to the game together and obviously they’d smoke us by 30. Pops and I went to go get coneys together afterward anyway. 

Anyway, not even giving you shit, him working there for so long and the time I spent there taught me a hell of a lot of perspective that most suburban kids never got. I’m glad he did that when he could have easily bailed for easier teaching options.

You and my kids might have a lot in common. Who knew.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-04-14, 22:05

DWags wrote:

Are you implying Travis acts like a girl?
NTTAWWT Wink
By the way, I'm in Pittsburgh and it's still about 75
Just turned on the A/C

Last edited by I.B. Fine on 2018-04-14, 22:15; edited 1 time in total
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-04-14, 22:09

DWags wrote:

DWags wrote:

I think there’s a chance you might actually know my dad and if you do it would blow my fucking mind.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-04-14, 22:16

DWags wrote:You and my kids might have a lot in common. Who knew.
I think there’s a chance you might actually know be my dad and if you do it would blow my fucking mind.

FIFY
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-04-14, 22:17

DWags wrote:

DWags wrote:

I think there’s a chance you might actually know my dad and if you do it would blow my fucking mind.

Finney? I’d put it above 60%
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-04-14, 22:57

My sister lives right next to some woods and that N.MI sandy soil combined with the ice is causing a bunch of chunks of trees to fall on her house. She’s going to have some majorl repairs.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-04-15, 17:20

I have nothing to report except this is a stupid fucking weekend stuck inside. Moreover, fuck March-April 2018 Michigan weather in general.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-04-15, 17:22

Floyd Robertson wrote:I have nothing to report except this is a stupid fucking weekend stuck inside. Moreover, fuck March-April 2018 Michigan weather in general.

This is the kind of weekend that calls for a Siberian woman that's used to outdoor activities in the cold.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-04-15, 17:50

LooseGoose wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:I have nothing to report except this is a stupid fucking weekend stuck inside. Moreover, fuck March-April 2018 Michigan weather in general.

This is the kind of weekend that calls for a Siberian woman that's used to outdoor activities in the cold.

They do know how to dress accordingly.

Killer storm 2018.  Phone in your reports.  - Page 4 Olga10
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2018-04-15, 17:53

Killer storm 2018.  Phone in your reports.  - Page 4 20180412
Killer storm 2018.  Phone in your reports.  - Page 4 20180411
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-04-15, 18:02

Killer storm 2018.  Phone in your reports.  - Page 4 Snow10
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-04-15, 18:02

*disclaimer

Not my house - friend of a friend in MN.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-04-16, 07:58

East Lansing got some slush.. I got to run on the ice one more time this season, so that was cool. Scraped around the driveway yesterday with the shovel...

cold and breezy again today, though.. Killer storm 2018.  Phone in your reports.  - Page 4 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-04-16, 08:30

Ice was all pretty much melted this morning. The Pylon's survived.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-04-16, 09:13

We've now entered phase 3. Snow, Ice and now supposed to get around 3 more inches of snow today.

I've never even had power blink though so I'm happy about that. According to my kids the roads are
horrible. My Mom is still stranded here from Thursday and to top it all off her, the daughter and the
SiL all have a bug right now. So far I'm the only one immune to it.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2018-04-16, 09:22

You should watch Cabin Fever, Loose.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-04-16, 11:05

Camp 10 store - just down the road from me.

Killer storm 2018.  Phone in your reports.  - Page 4 Camp1010
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-04-16, 11:51

This same system passed through Florida last night. It rained. But that was good, because we really needed it.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-04-16, 12:08

MiamiSpartan wrote:This same system passed through Florida last night.  It rained.  But that was good, because we really needed it.

Glad you got some neeed rain. It was kind of pretty once I could see out my windows because they were iced over pretty good. Pic from a local TV station.

Killer storm 2018.  Phone in your reports.  - Page 4 Da1hHMVXcAEZQZl
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-04-16, 13:17

I like living in a state that sees all four seasons. Wondering when we're gonna see the 2nd season for the year around here.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-04-16, 14:03

Floyd Robertson wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:This same system passed through Florida last night.  It rained.  But that was good, because we really needed it.

Glad you got some neeed rain. It was kind of pretty once I could see out my windows because they were iced over pretty good. Pic from a local TV station.

That is always beautiful when the trees are like that after an ice storm. Kind of scary, too, if it means the roads are sheets of ice, too, but still awesome to see.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-04-16, 14:31

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

That is always beautiful when the trees are like that after an ice storm. Kind of scary, too, if it means the roads are sheets of ice, too, but still awesome to see.
yeah - the limbs, etc were pretty frozen.. I was running in the woods and when the wind would blow, all the crackling sounded like I was about to be buried under an avalanche of wood.

(sorry, Goose - I managed to make it home unscathed) - Wink

also, "Avalanche of Wood" sounds like a pretty saucy adult film of the homoerotic variety.

okay - back to work.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2018-04-16, 14:56

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
yeah - the limbs, etc were pretty frozen.. I was running in the woods and when the wind would blow, all the crackling sounded like I was about to be buried under an avalanche of wood.

(sorry, Goose - I managed to make it home unscathed) - Wink

also, "Avalanche of Wood" sounds like a pretty saucy adult film of the homoerotic variety.

okay - back to work.

lol!
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-04-16, 19:05

Weekend snowstorm's highest Michigan total was over 2 feet

Killer storm 2018.  Phone in your reports.  - Page 4 Screen%20Shot%202018-04-16%20at%2012.14.05%20PM
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2018-04-16, 19:18

LooseGoose wrote:Weekend snowstorm's highest Michigan total was over 2 feet

Killer storm 2018.  Phone in your reports.  - Page 4 Screen%20Shot%202018-04-16%20at%2012.14.05%20PM

That's all well and good, but how much snow did Mio get?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-04-16, 19:21

Jake from State Farm wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Weekend snowstorm's highest Michigan total was over 2 feet

That's all well and good, but how much snow did Mio get?

Well we're between Luzerne and Fairview, but closer to Luzerne.....according to my practiced eye I'm going to say 10" or so.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-04-16, 19:25

Killer storm 2018.  Phone in your reports.  - Page 4 4147510

Traverse City checking in.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next