Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First movie you remember watching in a theater or drive in (for the ancient guys)

+13
tGreenWay
kingstonlake
steveschneider
SawGreen
MSU addict
MiamiSpartan
I.B. Fine
Dr. Strangelove
Robert J Sakimano
Travis of the Cosmos
Floyd Robertson
Death Roe
Watch Out Pylon!
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

First movie you remember watching in a theater or drive in (for the ancient guys) - Page 2 Empty Re: First movie you remember watching in a theater or drive in (for the ancient guys)

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-19, 15:49

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Saturday Night Fever.

I was 7.

That right there is child abuse. It explains a lot about you. First movie you remember watching in a theater or drive in (for the ancient guys) - Page 2 502811600
pretty sure it was my babysitter that took me. First movie you remember watching in a theater or drive in (for the ancient guys) - Page 2 502811600

She had a Camaro.. it was yellow with a black vinyl top. I was 7, she was in high school. She smoked cigs and I stood up in the front seat as we barreled down the road.

First movie you remember watching in a theater or drive in (for the ancient guys) - Page 2 B2f3017231ba51385d497dd831ac765f--a-tan-vinyls
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

First movie you remember watching in a theater or drive in (for the ancient guys) - Page 2 Empty Re: First movie you remember watching in a theater or drive in (for the ancient guys)

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-02-19, 15:51

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

That right there is child abuse. It explains a lot about you. First movie you remember watching in a theater or drive in (for the ancient guys) - Page 2 502811600
pretty sure it was my babysitter that took me. First movie you remember watching in a theater or drive in (for the ancient guys) - Page 2 502811600

She had a Camaro.. it was yellow with a black vinyl top. I was 7, she was in high school. She smoked cigs and I stood up in the front seat as we barreled down the road.

First movie you remember watching in a theater or drive in (for the ancient guys) - Page 2 B2f3017231ba51385d497dd831ac765f--a-tan-vinyls

Are you sure this isn't a Springsteen song? First movie you remember watching in a theater or drive in (for the ancient guys) - Page 2 502811600
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-19, 16:03

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

A '69 Camero? That is a bad ass car.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-02-19, 18:12

Went to see The Sound of Music at the theater at Universal Mall in Warren when I was 5 or 6. Fell asleep for part of it.

Saw Bonnie and Clyde at Universal a couple years later. Parents regretted taking me because I had a hard time falling asleep for the next couple weeks.

Saw Tora! Tora! Tora! at Universal a couple years later.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-02-19, 18:25

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

That’s a bitchin’ Camaro.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-19, 18:39

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

her name was Lisa (the babysitter, not the car). The neighborhood boys would come over to gawk at her.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-19, 18:40

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

yeah. Not sure of the exact year, obviously, nut it was in that general timeframe.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-19, 18:45

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

her name was Lisa (the babysitter, not the car). The neighborhood boys would come over to gawk at her.

Are you saying her milkshake was of a high quality?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2018-02-19, 18:48

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Please tell me she was a meter maid...
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-19, 19:08

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: her name was Lisa (the babysitter, not the car). The neighborhood boys would come over to gawk at her.

Are you saying her milkshake was of a high quality?
it encouraged the young men to approach my lawn.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-19, 19:08

SawGreen wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: her name was Lisa (the babysitter, not the car). The neighborhood boys would come over to gawk at her.

Please tell me she was a meter maid...
she was in high school.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-02-19, 19:55

Pippy longstocking
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-19, 20:06

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Are you sure this isn't a Springsteen song? First movie you remember watching in a theater or drive in (for the ancient guys) - Page 2 502811600
it's definitely a Nebraska-era outtake.

Last edited by Robert J Sakimano on 2018-02-19, 20:07; edited 1 time in total
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-02-19, 20:07

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

it's definitely a Nebraka-era outtake.

Indeed.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-19, 20:08

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: it's definitely a Nebraka-era outtake.

Indeed.
I'll write a verse tomorrow morning. Almost bedtime.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-02-19, 20:11

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Indeed.
I'll write a verse tomorrow morning. Almost bedtime.

The screen door slams, Lisa’s dress waves...
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-19, 20:18

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I'll write a verse tomorrow morning. Almost bedtime.

like a vision she takes little Bobby Sak to the matinee.

John Travolta dancin' for the lonely
Bobby wants some Junior Mints only
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-02-19, 20:25

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

like a vision she takes little Bobby Sak to the matinee.

John Travolta dancin' for the lonely
Bobby wants some Junior Mints only

That’s good. Please have a minimum of three more verses ready in the morning.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-02-19, 20:26

I just remembered a few more I saw: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Support your local sheriff, and Cold Turkey with Dick Van Dyke.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-02-19, 20:34

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Chick I went to high school with showed up driving one of these one day senior year.

First movie you remember watching in a theater or drive in (for the ancient guys) - Page 2 Njfqbn10

Pontiac Can Am...only produced in 1977. Fortunately, she was way hotter than the car. The GM body design department wrecked many vehicle designs in the late 70's. Most notable to me was the classic 76-77 Monte Carlo body style which they transformed to complete shit with the '78 model. Was completely horrified the first time seeing one.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-19, 20:37

The Pantry wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Chick I went to high school with showed up driving one of these one day senior year.

First movie you remember watching in a theater or drive in (for the ancient guys) - Page 2 Njfqbn10

Pontiac Can Am...only produced in 1977. Fortunately, she was way hotter than the car. The GM body design department wrecked many vehicle designs in the late 70's. Most notable to me was the classic 76-77 Monte Carlo body style which they transformed to complete shit with the '78 model. Was completely horrified the first time seeing one.

The back seat in those cars were the size of a small apartment.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-02-19, 20:54

LooseGoose wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Chick I went to high school with showed up driving one of these one day senior year.

The back seat in those cars were the size of a small apartment.
Still, way more space in front with the bench seat. Perfect driving bjer setup allowing her to stretch out and get comfortable. Only ride that topped it was a Suburban with 9 passenger seating.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2018-02-19, 21:23

I was 3 when my dad took me to see All Dogs Go to Heaven. I remember it pretty well too. It was a big deal for me to go. But I loved it.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2018-02-19, 21:41

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

First movie you remember watching in a theater or drive in (for the ancient guys) - Page 2 4177874726 First movie you remember watching in a theater or drive in (for the ancient guys) - Page 2 4177874726
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-02-20, 06:02

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Did she run over the neighbor?
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-20, 07:21

The Pantry wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

that thing may not have been fly then but it's fly now.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-20, 08:02

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Chick I went to high school with showed up driving one of these one day senior year.

that thing may not have been fly then but it's fly now.

I would drive the shit out of that car. I bet it's rocking a 400ci V8. That's not a huge horsepower engine, but those fuckers could do a mean burnout at a red light.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-20, 08:17

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: that thing may not have been fly then but it's fly now.

I would drive the shit out of that car. I bet it's rocking a 400ci V8. That's not a huge horsepower engine, but those fuckers could do a mean burnout at a red light.
it's probably go the kind of V8 engine that you'd have to fill it up at the Speedway at the corner of Lake Lansing and Abbot and then again at the Marathon at the corner of Saginaw and Abbot.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-20, 08:37

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

it's probably go the kind of V8 engine that you'd have to fill it up at the Speedway at the corner of Lake Lansing and Abbot and then again at the Marathon at the corner of Saginaw and Abbot.

Those cars had the groovin' front buckets....

First movie you remember watching in a theater or drive in (for the ancient guys) - Page 2 9-7
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-20, 09:05

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Those cars had the groovin' front buckets....

First movie you remember watching in a theater or drive in (for the ancient guys) - Page 2 9-7
that's when a car was a car.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2