Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are we a lock to play in Detroit for the first/2nd (whatever) round of the NCAA?

+17
kingstonlake
aualum06
DWags
Death Roe
By-Tor
Da Mayor
Travis of the Cosmos
Turtleneck
Nordic
tGreenWay
NigelUno
WhiteBoyHatcher
I.B. Fine
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
steveschneider
Other Teams Pursuing That
21 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Are we a lock to play in Detroit for the first/2nd (whatever) round of the NCAA? - Page 4 Empty Re: Are we a lock to play in Detroit for the first/2nd (whatever) round of the NCAA?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-09, 13:37

:(
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Are we a lock to play in Detroit for the first/2nd (whatever) round of the NCAA? - Page 4 Empty Re: Are we a lock to play in Detroit for the first/2nd (whatever) round of the NCAA?

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-09, 14:05

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Not really Nigel. My official position is a don't give a fuck. That doesn't mean I'm not allowed to take two seconds to post an opinion on a message board.

No. Really.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-09, 14:06

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote::(

That one's on you.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-09, 14:06

Wbh please be more consistent with your posting.

Thank you,
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-09, 14:17

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Wbh please be more consistent with your posting.

Thank you,

Are we a lock to play in Detroit for the first/2nd (whatever) round of the NCAA? - Page 4 502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-09, 14:28

kingstonlake wrote:God I hope Cincinnati is in our bracket. They would struggle to be .500 in the big ten.

Solid Jinx.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-09, 14:30

LooseGoose wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:God I hope Cincinnati is in our bracket. They would struggle to be .500 in the big ten.

Solid Jinx.

I mean his point still stands they put up 61 against a decimated SMU team.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-09, 14:40

Auburn is going down does that help MSU
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-03-09, 14:44

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Auburn is going down does that help MSU

Is your crew up for a roadtrip to Pittsburgh?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-09, 15:01

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Is your crew up for a roadtrip to Pittsburgh?

It’d be an easier sell than Nashville
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-09, 15:12

Might help us get a higher seed overall.

Not a lot to do with Detroit.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-03-09, 15:15

I want this for OTPT. But I also really don't want it for the stupid fat lazy local media. I'm torn, like Natalie Imbruglia.

Whatever keeps MSU out of Nashville is what I'm rooting for now. Very invested.

If not Detroit, my preference is Boise.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-09, 15:20

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I want this for OTPT. But I also really don't want it for the stupid fat lazy local media. I'm torn, like Natalie Imbruglia.

Whatever keeps MSU out of Nashville is what I'm rooting for now. Very invested.

If not Detroit, my preference is Boise.

Why would the local media not want to travel? They get expenses.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-09, 15:25

Thank you wbh i appreciate that!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-09, 20:20

What if Xavier loses does that tickle our fancy at all
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-09, 20:56

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:What if Xavier loses does that tickle our fancy at all

Bump
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-09, 21:02

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:What if Xavier loses does that tickle our fancy at all

Bump

They might fall but I doubt they fall below us.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-03-09, 21:30

Come on look at quadrant 1. Clearly better no matter the losses
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-10, 07:19

Ignore Lunardi/Palm.

A winner in any given year might be a fluke, which is why the Matrix averages and ranks bracketologists by their last five seasons. The results are fascinating: Alongside mainstream writers such as The Athletic's own Stewart Mandel (No. 2) are lesser-known folks like Wollangk (No. 5) or SyracuseFan7 (No. 3), whose projections have consistently topped the matrix average. The most prominent bracket experts, Lunardi and Palm, rank 40th and 82nd, respectively.

In 2016, an entrant named Delphi Bracketology won the top spot. The most accurate projections were the product of a group of students at Delphi (Ind.) Community High School, part of the school's Bracketology Club. The kids met at their teacher's house and Buffalo Wild Wings to pore over their picks. They were featured in a televised CBS segment. They also hung a banner — “National Bracket Champions, 2016” — in the Delphi gym.

The reigning holder of Phan's award, however fake it may be, is a 47-year-old resident of Madison, Ind., named Dave Ommen. In real life, Ommen is a marketing and public relations pro at the local hospital. In the world of bracket projections, Ommen is BracketDave, the highest-rated bracketologist in the Matrix's five-year average rankings and the only person to finish two seasons ranked No. 1.

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-03-10, 08:22

LooseGoose wrote:Ignore Lunardi/Palm.

A winner in any given year might be a fluke, which is why the Matrix averages and ranks bracketologists by their last five seasons. The results are fascinating: Alongside mainstream writers such as The Athletic's own Stewart Mandel (No. 2) are lesser-known folks like Wollangk (No. 5) or SyracuseFan7 (No. 3), whose projections have consistently topped the matrix average. The most prominent bracket experts, Lunardi and Palm, rank 40th and 82nd, respectively.

In 2016, an entrant named Delphi Bracketology won the top spot. The most accurate projections were the product of a group of students at Delphi (Ind.) Community High School, part of the school's Bracketology Club. The kids met at their teacher's house and Buffalo Wild Wings to pore over their picks. They were featured in a televised CBS segment. They also hung a banner — “National Bracket Champions, 2016” — in the Delphi gym.

The reigning holder of Phan's award, however fake it may be, is a 47-year-old resident of Madison, Ind., named Dave Ommen. In real life, Ommen is a marketing and public relations pro at the local hospital. In the world of bracket projections, Ommen is BracketDave, the highest-rated bracketologist in the Matrix's five-year average rankings and the only person to finish two seasons ranked No. 1.

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/

Nice!!

I have been asking for years how accurate these guys are/were after the tournament announcement. Thanks for the link.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-10, 09:52

Except for Gonzaga as a 4 instead of Texas Tech, Lunardi matches the matrix on 1-4 seeds.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-10, 10:05

So we aren’t going to be in Detroit
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-10, 10:07

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:So we aren’t going to be in Detroit

Stop trying to make WBH mad.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-10, 10:10

NigelUno wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:So we aren’t going to be in Detroit

I’m sad nigel
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-10, 10:14

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I’m sad nigel

There's still a chance.

Cincy loses.  We jump them.
Xavier goes to Nashville.
Purdue goes to Detroit.
MSU goes to Detroit.

Or...the committee seeds MSU above Purdue and we get pod priority!

Cincy loses. We jump them.
Xavier goes to Detroit (or Nashville).
MSU goes to Detroit.
Purdue goes to Nashville (or Detroit).
Michigan goes to Boise.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-10, 10:21

So we need Cincy to lose got it. Thank you nigel.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-10, 10:21

They are favored by 16 not good nigel
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-10, 10:27

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:So we need Cincy to lose got it. Thank you nigel.

It would be nice if they lost.

Maybe we'll get a bump because UNC beat Duke.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-10, 11:45

UNC should get a better seed than us they don’t have 9 losses and didn’t get blown the fuck out by us
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-03-10, 11:49

Who cares you guys
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-10, 11:57

You’re right wbh just need to express myself as the chip on my shoulder grows
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2018-03-10, 12:06

Common sense (and cents) would be to send both MSU and UM to Detroit. But this is the NCAA we’re talking about, which always makes the wrong decisions, so I bet neither goes.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-03-10, 12:09

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:You’re right wbh just need to express myself as the chip on my shoulder grows

I think we'll be a 2 in Detroit.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-10, 12:28

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:You’re right wbh just need to express myself as the chip on my shoulder grows

I think we'll be a 2 in Detroit.

I would suck your dick if true wbh
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2018-03-10, 12:34

Haven’t been following the bracketology garbage. We’re seriously going to be a 3?? How the fuck are we not in consideration for a 1? 29-4 with no bad losses. What the fuck are we supposed to different. Ok yeah we shouldn’t have lost to UM at home but they turned out to be pretty damn good. This is a joke
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-10, 12:36

Tim Wakefield wrote:Haven’t been following the bracketology garbage. We’re seriously going to be a 3?? How the fuck are we not in consideration for a 1? 29-4 with no bad losses. What the fuck are we supposed to different. Ok yeah we shouldn’t have lost to UM at home but they turned out to be pretty damn good. This is a joke

The big ten blowing and having 4 tourney teams did not help
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-10, 13:57

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Who cares you guys

I know, right?

Sick of it.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-10, 13:58

Memphis up on Cincy.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-10, 14:16

Should we forgive Gottlieb now?

Doug Gottlieb Verified account @GottliebShow 5h5 hours ago
More
Xavier being a one seed and Michigan State being a 3 is crazy to me. Just another case where the numbers are silly. Lost 4 games. Duke in Nov,Ohio State and Michigan 2x. Need someone to use small words and explain X being so much better
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-10, 14:41

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Memphis up on Cincy.

Choking.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next