Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NRA Has Themselves Another School Shooting..

+11
Cameron
Watch Out Pylon!
xsanguine
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
WhiteBoyHatcher
GRR Spartan
DWags
Travis of the Cosmos
Rocinante
Da Mayor
15 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

NRA Has Themselves Another School Shooting..  Empty NRA Has Themselves Another School Shooting..

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-20, 08:55

congrats, NRA - y'all are having a pretty good run so far in 2018.

oh - and thoughts and prayers.

Caution: Mainstream Media Link
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

NRA Has Themselves Another School Shooting..  Empty Re: NRA Has Themselves Another School Shooting..

Post by Guest 2018-03-20, 11:07

Amazing what happens when you have an armed good guy on site that does his job.

Update: The sheriff’s PIO told NBC that the incident involved a single male shooter who was a student at the school, who targeted a female student. The armed guard (school resource officer) at the school then engaged in a firefight with the shooter, critically wounding him, and a third student was injured. The shooter and intended target are both critically injured, and the third student is in critical but stable condition. So far, they are not releasing any information on the weapon itself.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

NRA Has Themselves Another School Shooting..  Empty Re: NRA Has Themselves Another School Shooting..

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-20, 11:31

LooseGoose wrote:Amazing what happens when you have an armed good guy on site that does his job.

Update: The sheriff’s PIO told NBC that the incident involved a single male shooter who was a student at the school, who targeted a female student. The armed guard (school resource officer) at the school then engaged in a firefight with the shooter, critically wounding him, and a third student was injured. The shooter and intended target are both critically injured, and the third student is in critical but stable condition. So far, they are not releasing any information on the weapon itself.
as I mentioned - some good 'ol fashioned murderous carnage is great for the NRA - America's Terrorist Organization - thanks for proving my point.

I imagine they'll issue some thoughts and prayers, send out some "hey - kids were shot at school today" donation requests and pray for another shooting tomorrow.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-03-20, 11:40

LooseGoose wrote:Amazing what happens when you have an armed good guy on site that does his job.

Ignoring that this doesn’t seem like the same type of situation at all.... I thought the whole point was that the shootings wouldn’t happen at all cause more guns? Instead we’re supposed to say “oh only two kids and the shooter got shot that’s not so bad?” 

Weird world view you have.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-20, 11:42

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Ignoring that this doesn’t seem like the same type of situation at all.... I thought the whole point was that the shootings wouldn’t happen at all cause more guns? Instead we’re supposed to say “oh only two kids and the shooter got shot that’s not so bad?” 

thankfully, I have faith in the younger generation - sucks what we've done to them, but I am inspired by the way they value life, safety, education and community involvement. I think they'll clean up the mess we've given them.

but, yes - even as we've seen in this thread - the NRA types celebrate such things. They need shootings.

which is why I congratulated them. They're have a good little year and it's only March.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-03-20, 11:45

Let's have a moment of silence for all those kids on the front lines protecting our God given right to have all the guns we can handle. Thoughts and prayers.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-20, 11:47

Only when you and your ilk build up your strawmen to distort it. Please provide me quotes of where I or anyone has said there would be no shootings? That's asinine. Guns WILL prevent the situations from being a mass killing by stopping the shooter.

Of course when that happens the bloodshed is lessened so the instance is dismissed just as you're doing here.

So having a gun worked to prevent a mass slaying and you dismiss the situation as irrelevant since there was no mass slaying. Now tell me again about distorted world views.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-20, 11:48

LooseGoose wrote:

Only when you and your ilk build up your strawmen to distort it.    Please provide me quotes of where I or anyone has said there would be no shootings?   That's asinine.    Guns WILL prevent the situations from being a mass killing by stopping the shooter.  

Of course when that happens the bloodshed is lessened so the instance is dismissed just as you're doing here.

So having a gun worked to prevent a mass slaying and you dismiss the situation as irrelevant since there was no mass slaying.   Now tell me again about distorted world views.

maybe y'all will get another mass shooting at a school this week.. it's only Tuesday!
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-03-20, 11:54

I propose that all students have to wear full combat armor. Helmets, bullet proof vests, all that shit. If they're going to be on the front lines we might as well protect them as you would any soldier.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-20, 11:56

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I propose that all students have to wear full combat armor. Helmets, bullet proof vests, all that shit. If they're going to be on the front lines we might as well protect them as you would any soldier.
and, in true Republican fashion, advocate that they have no access to affordable healthcare to help fix those pesky bullet wounds.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-20, 12:07

LooseGoose wrote:

Only when you and your ilk build up your strawmen to distort it. Please provide me quotes of where I or anyone has said there would be no shootings? That's asinine. Guns WILL prevent the situations from being a mass killing by stopping the shooter.

So having a gun worked to prevent a mass slaying and you dismiss the situation as irrelevant since there was no mass slaying. Now tell me again about distorted world views.

How do you know it was going to be a mass slaying?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-03-20, 12:13

I think Goose is correct about the School Resource Officer being either 1, able to stop him by shooting the kid, or 2, the kid decides to shoot himself when he saw the gun. Thus only two innocents got shot, one o.k., one in critical condition.

Goose? If the shooter had an AR15 with a bump stock, would he maybe have been able to kill a bunch more people before he was stopped by the SRO?

I think what we have here is a perfect example of what can happen if we compromise with each other. Armed officers in school, and restrictions with insane weapons, maybe it can get better. Stop? No way, we will never stop it. But can we do things on both sides of this to make it better? I think we can.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-20, 12:17

DWags wrote:I think Goose is correct about the School Resource Officer being either 1, able to stop him by shooting the kid, or 2, the kid decides to shoot himself when he saw the gun.  Thus only two innocents got shot, one o.k., one in critical condition.

Goose?  If the shooter had an AR15 with a bump stock, would he maybe have been able to kill a bunch more people before he was stopped by the SRO?    

I think what we have here is a perfect example of what can happen if we compromise with each other.   Armed officers in school, and restrictions with insane weapons, maybe it can get better.   Stop?  No way, we will never stop it.   But can we do things on both sides of this to make it better?  I think we can.
meh - that's what the knuckle-draggers want folks to believe. That's why they pray for shootings. It fits their sick narrative and makes the NRA/GOP cabal a lot of money.

If more guns were the answer, gun-crazed America would be the safest country on the planet.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-03-20, 12:21

I dont' think wanted more guns. I think I wanted less. No ar15's, no bump stocks. As far as having Police officers in high schools that are carrying weapons, I also dont' think that increases guns, I think it uses those we have given cops already. If the Federal Government wants to give schools another billion or so for putting cops in every school, I'm good with that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-03-20, 12:23

I thought these threads got to be on the main board for 24 hours? Question
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-20, 12:24

DWags wrote:I dont' think wanted more guns.  I think I wanted less.  No ar15's, no bump stocks.  As far as having Police officers in high schools that are carrying weapons, I also dont' think that increases guns, I think it uses those we have given cops already.  If the Federal Government wants to give schools another billion or so for putting cops in every school, I'm good with that.
that's cool.

I'd just rather do something about people shooting kids in the school..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-20, 12:24

Da Mayor wrote:I thought these threads got to be on the main board for 24 hours? Question
this is the main board.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-03-20, 12:26

Oh, no doubt, but this would be astart too. If I had a dollar to bet, I'd bet it was a kid jealous of his girl being with another guy at school. I don't know how you stop that. But, of course, I'm wildly guessing. However, less guns, less assault type weapons, more cops in schools, more mental health for those who need it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-20, 12:33

DWags wrote:Oh, no doubt, but this would be astart too.  If I had a dollar to bet, I'd bet it was a kid jealous of his girl being with another guy at school.   I don't know how you stop that.  But, of course, I'm wildly guessing.  However, less guns, less assault type weapons, more cops in schools, more mental health for those who need it.  
less guns/increase access to mental healthcare, eliminating the stigma associated with the need for mental healthcare, establish a network within our culture/society to value life, emphasized the importance of a family dynamic, funding early childhood development, etc.

Unfortunately, politicians aren't interested in these things. They like money. And the NRA has money.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2018-03-20, 12:47

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:Oh, no doubt, but this would be astart too.  If I had a dollar to bet, I'd bet it was a kid jealous of his girl being with another guy at school.   I don't know how you stop that.  But, of course, I'm wildly guessing.  However, less guns, less assault type weapons, more cops in schools, more mental health for those who need it.  
less guns/increase access to mental healthcare, eliminating the stigma associated with the need for mental healthcare, establish a network within our culture/society to value life, emphasized the importance of a family dynamic, funding early childhood development, etc.

Unfortunately, politicians aren't interested in these things. They like money. And the NRA has money.
Mostly Russian money, but they do have money.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-20, 12:59

InTenSity wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Mostly Russian money, but they do have money.
and they'll get more today as they start the celebratory donation drive.

they're a sick bunch of people.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-03-20, 13:00

LooseGoose wrote:

Only when you and your ilk build up your strawmen to distort it.    Please provide me quotes of where I or anyone has said there would be no shootings?   That's asinine.    Guns WILL prevent the situations from being a mass killing by stopping the shooter.  

So having a gun worked to prevent a mass slaying and you dismiss the situation as irrelevant since there was no mass slaying.   Now tell me again about distorted world views.

Is the president talking about how people shoot at schools because they’re gun free zones or do you need me to find the same argument being made at hotair.jpg?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-20, 16:13

I asked Goose a question...anyone seen him around?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-03-20, 16:26

Kid was not legally allowed to posses the handgun.  NRA will use this as a "criminals won't follow the law" bullshit.

Policy solution: all guns registered.  If not reported stolen and a crime committed with your gun, you are partially liable.  Gun owners must carry insurance against their gun causing harm.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2018-03-20, 21:16

DWags wrote:I think Goose is correct about the School Resource Officer being either 1, able to stop him by shooting the kid, or 2, the kid decides to shoot himself when he saw the gun. Thus only two innocents got shot, one o.k., one in critical condition.

Goose? If the shooter had an AR15 with a bump stock, would he maybe have been able to kill a bunch more people before he was stopped by the SRO?

I think what we have here is a perfect example of what can happen if we compromise with each other. Armed officers in school, and restrictions with insane weapons, maybe it can get better. Stop? No way, we will never stop it. But can we do things on both sides of this to make it better? I think we can.

I agree with this.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-03-20, 21:26

I still don’t understand why the auto assumption here is that the guy wanted to kill tons of people but was stopped. Sure seems a hell of a lot more likely that he just wanted to shoot the one person. I’d be curious about whose bullet hit the second kid and if it was before or after the hero with a gun showed up (but no, we’re not going to get an answer on that especially if the answer isn’t the kid shooter.)
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-03-20, 21:49

I feel like the tone of the stories is that maybe the other kid (not the girl) was actually hit by the safety officer? And that the shooter might have actually taken his own life?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-03-20, 21:50

Again. This is just an undertone I’m hearing. Not reported his way.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-03-20, 21:55

Rocinante wrote:I feel like the tone of the stories is that maybe the other kid (not the girl) was actually hit by the safety officer? And that the shooter might have actually taken his own life?
See I’ve just seen the other way which is that the officer has been an absolute hero and it’d be so much worse without him but there’s no real reason to think any of that at this point.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-03-21, 01:11

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I still don’t understand why the auto assumption here is that the guy wanted to kill tons of people but was stopped. Sure seems a hell of a lot more likely that he just wanted to shoot the one person. I’d be curious about whose bullet hit the second kid and if it was before or after the hero with a gun showed up (but no, we’re not going to get an answer on that especially if the answer isn’t the kid shooter.)

I have always thought it was just a kid who wanted to harm an ex. And maybe her new guy.

DWags wrote:Oh, no doubt, but this would be astart too. If I had a dollar to bet, I'd bet it was a kid jealous of his girl being with another guy at school. I don't know how you stop that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2018-03-21, 08:28

DWags wrote:Oh, no doubt, but this would be astart too. If I had a dollar to bet, I'd bet it was a kid jealous of his girl being with another guy at school. I don't know how you stop that. But, of course, I'm wildly guessing. However, less guns, less assault type weapons, more cops in schools, more mental health for those who need it.

Spot on DWags.
In this case the school's security office was armed, more importantly, had specialized training and as opposed to the officer assigned to the HS in FL, this officer protected the people in the school. He did his job.

We are at a crossroads. The current Sec of Education is trying to re-organize her department while keeping those plans under wraps. Reportedly part of that re-organization is elimination or major reduction of the department's budget office.

How are we to allocate Federal Funds that can fund training of additional law enforcement personnel so more schools can have an officer like the one in Maryland and weed out others like the glad hander in FL whose flight instinct was much greater than his fight instinct. Just as important, public school budgets are being squeezed from all directions. To me, Federal funding to train officers for specific duties as a school resource officer is Federal money well spent.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-03-21, 21:03

If he didn't use a gun he would have just used mustard gas or something. Possibly a flamethrower. Gun restrictions are not the answer.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-21, 21:50

NigelUno wrote:I asked Goose a question...anyone seen him around?

Bump?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-22, 15:03

awww how cute.. the mainstream media calls the latest NRA-sponsored school shooter a "lovesick teen"..

poor guy.

Tuesday's school shooting in southern Maryland that left the shooter dead and two students wounded increasingly appears to be the action of a lovesick teenager.

Authorities on Wednesday released a few additional details into the shooting at Great Mills High School in St. Mary's County.

Austin Rollins, 17, was killed after shooting a schoolmate, 16-year-old Jaelynn Willey.

Maryland School Shooter Was A Lovesick Teen
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-22, 15:06

Robert J Sakimano wrote:awww how cute.. the mainstream media calls the latest NRA-sponsored school shooter a "lovesick teen"..

poor guy.

Tuesday's school shooting in southern Maryland that left the shooter dead and two students wounded increasingly appears to be the action of a lovesick teenager.

Authorities on Wednesday released a few additional details into the shooting at Great Mills High School in St. Mary's County.

Austin Rollins, 17, was killed after shooting a schoolmate, 16-year-old Jaelynn Willey.

Maryland School Shooter Was A Lovesick Teen

So, not a mass slaying.

Anyone seen Goose?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-03-22, 15:25

GRR Spartan wrote:

Spot on DWags.
In this case the school's security office was armed, more importantly, had specialized training and as opposed to the officer assigned to the HS in FL, this officer protected the people in the school.  He did his job.

We are at a crossroads.  The current Sec of Education is trying to re-organize her department while keeping those plans under wraps.  Reportedly part of that re-organization is elimination or major reduction of the department's budget office.  

How are we to allocate Federal Funds that can fund training of additional law enforcement personnel so more schools can have an officer like the one in Maryland and weed out others like the glad hander in FL whose flight instinct was much greater than his fight instinct.  Just as important, public school budgets are being squeezed from all directions.  To me, Federal funding to train officers for specific duties as a school resource officer is Federal money well spent.

Two things, so I'll be the bad guy and question if they're sure the other kid who got shot, was shot with the shooters bullet.  Two people were firing guns there.  One, a love sick kid, two, a hero cop.  Do we have confirmation whose bullet was fired into the second victim?   

Also, imagine if the kid had an AR15 with him.  He might have only got his ex girl and the bystander, or it might have been much worse when the cop approached.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-22, 15:31

DWags wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

Spot on DWags.
In this case the school's security office was armed, more importantly, had specialized training and as opposed to the officer assigned to the HS in FL, this officer protected the people in the school.  He did his job.

We are at a crossroads.  The current Sec of Education is trying to re-organize her department while keeping those plans under wraps.  Reportedly part of that re-organization is elimination or major reduction of the department's budget office.  

How are we to allocate Federal Funds that can fund training of additional law enforcement personnel so more schools can have an officer like the one in Maryland and weed out others like the glad hander in FL whose flight instinct was much greater than his fight instinct.  Just as important, public school budgets are being squeezed from all directions.  To me, Federal funding to train officers for specific duties as a school resource officer is Federal money well spent.

Two things, so I'll be the bad guy and question if they're sure the other kid who got shot, was shot with the shooters bullet.  Two people were firing guns there.  One, a love sick kid, two, a hero cop.  Do we have confirmation whose bullet was fired into the second victim?   

Also, imagine if the kid had an AR15 with him.  He might have only got his ex girl and the bystander, or it might have been much worse when the cop approached.
maybe it's just me, but I don't see someone murdering someone else as a "hero".

that said, the mainstream media and the NRA - America's Terrorist Organization - needs school shootings - they openly cheer for them. Disgusting. So even if the NRA/mainstream media's "hero" didn't fatally wound the kid, they'll pretend he did - it's good for ratings/fundraising.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2018-03-22, 16:30

NRA Has Themselves Another School Shooting..  LkIwmLh
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-23, 07:31

the young lady was taken off of a life support last night.

congrats, NRA and GOP - you have one more kid's death to celebrate and fundraise on.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-03-23, 07:37

Robert J Sakimano wrote:the young lady was taken off of a life support last night.

congrats, NRA and GOP - you have one more kid's death to celebrate and fundraise on.

T’s and P’s.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next