Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NRA Has Themselves Another School Shooting..

+11
Cameron
Watch Out Pylon!
xsanguine
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
WhiteBoyHatcher
GRR Spartan
DWags
Travis of the Cosmos
Rocinante
Da Mayor
15 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

NRA Has Themselves Another School Shooting..  - Page 2 Empty Re: NRA Has Themselves Another School Shooting..

Post by DWags Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:53 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Amazing what happens when you have an armed good guy on site that does his job.

Update: The sheriff’s PIO told NBC that the incident involved a single male shooter who was a student at the school, who targeted a female student. The armed guard (school resource officer) at the school then engaged in a firefight with the shooter, critically wounding him, and a third student was injured. The shooter and intended target are both critically injured, and the third student is in critical but stable condition. So far, they are not releasing any information on the weapon itself.

Well turns out not quite Goose.

Kid shot himself in the head.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

NRA Has Themselves Another School Shooting..  - Page 2 Empty Re: NRA Has Themselves Another School Shooting..

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:57 pm

Here's a good writeup that debunks a lot of Goose's bullshit.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/the-intersect/wp/2018/03/26/how-the-parkland-teens-became-villains-on-the-right-wing-internet/
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:37 am

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Amazing what happens when you have an armed good guy on site that does his job.

So the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is... a bad guy with a gun?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:12 am

Goose spreading fake news from the mainstream media again..

shocking.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:14 am

Update: The sheriff’s PIO told NBC that the incident involved a single male shooter who was a student at the school, who targeted a female student. The armed guard (school resource officer) at the school then engaged in a firefight with the shooter, critically wounding him, and a third student was injured. The shooter and intended target are both critically injured, and the third student is in critical but stable condition. So far, they are not releasing any information on the weapon itself.
Goose - this is why I warn you and everyone else against trusting the mainstream media.

but, please continue to post their "news" reports as you wish.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:14 am

Cameron wrote:
DWags wrote:

So the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is... a bad guy with a gun?

‘According to the CDC study President Obama ordered in 2013, guns were present in approximately 300,000 crimes. They were used in self-defense or to stop crime approximately 500,000 times. Florida State criminology professor’s study puts the number at 2.5 million instances of self defense / stopping crimes’
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:47 am

Are most of the people who are threatening these kids, and making death threats against them, and coordinating internet attacks on them really thinking that these kids are out to take all the guns in America?   Is that really why they're making all these death threats?   I realize many of them are just ignorant bullies, but I'm interested in knowing what the motivation is for the attacks and death threats.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:03 am

DWags wrote:Are most of the people who are threatening these kids, and making death threats against them, and coordinating internet attacks on them really thinking that these kids are out to take all the guns in America?   Is that really why they're making all these death threats?   I realize many of them are just ignorant bullies, but I'm interested in knowing what the motivation is for the attacks and death threats.

Well.... first of all, who are they? The same people that give death threats to anyone in the public sphere with a controversial opinion?

And for the record, many in attendance and at least one event speaker indicated their goal is a gun ban. That is the end goal. That’s how these death of a thousand cuts slippery slopes work.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:09 am

DWags wrote:Are most of the people who are threatening these kids, and making death threats against them, and coordinating internet attacks on them really thinking that these kids are out to take all the guns in America?   Is that really why they're making all these death threats?   I realize many of them are just ignorant bullies, but I'm interested in knowing what the motivation is for the attacks and death threats.
paranoid, hate-filled easily duped racist bigots.

so basically those fine folks who just want to Make America Great Again.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:10 am

So, I'm right about them.  They really are idiots.     Wow.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:12 am

DWags wrote:So, I'm right about them.  They really are idiots.     Wow.
"idiots" might be one of the nicer things that could be said about them.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:20 am

xsanguine wrote:

Well.... first of all, who are they? The same people that give death threats to anyone in the public sphere with a controversial opinion?

And for the record, many in attendance and at least one event speaker indicated their goal is a gun ban. That is the end goal. That’s how these death of a thousand cuts slippery slopes work.

Just so you guys know. I want assault style rifles and HC mags banned (even for handguns - I think 7? yeah, 7 round mags max). It doesn't have to be retroactive, but the ban will include a ban on parts, and aftermarket accessories, sales or commercial repair of existing rifles will also be illegal, even person to person, and if you buy rounds that can be used in them, you have to sign an affidavit saying that these rounds are not to be used in a banned firearm.

So I don't know exactly what these kids want, but that's my first step.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:07 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:So, I'm right about them.  They really are idiots.     Wow.
"idiots" might be one of the nicer things that could be said about them.

True.  Easily frightened too.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:57 pm

I have not nor ever have been opposed to properly trained law enforcement officers who have training on beng a school resource employee and get SWAT training including physiological testing, interviews and work ups to make sure they are up to all phases of the job.

But what that requires is money for the approximately 24,000 public secondary schools to get one armed officer and that officer's training.

When we start talking money we get the same fiscal responsibility BS.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:04 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:I have not nor ever have been opposed to properly trained law enforcement officers who have training on beng a school resource employee and get SWAT training including physiological testing, interviews and work ups to make sure they are up to all phases of the job.

But what that requires is money for the approximately 24,000 public secondary schools to get one armed officer and that officer's training.

I got an idea

End this abysmal drug war that’s created the bulk of gun violence and put those field agents in schools. No need to add funds.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:46 pm

xsanguine wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:I have not nor ever have been opposed to properly trained law enforcement officers who have training on beng a school resource employee and get SWAT training including physiological testing, interviews and work ups to make sure they are up to all phases of the job.

I got an idea

End this abysmal drug war that’s created the bulk of gun violence and put those field agents in schools. No need to add funds.

I agree here. But, while related, not the same.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:11 pm

so has America's Terrorist Organization - the NRA - apologized for spreading fake news?

Or has the mainstream media outlets who so desperately wanted their "guns in schools" dreams to be true apologized or issued retractions??

doubtful.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:23 pm

As far as the good guy with a gun theory, I read somewhere that there are just over 1 million guns per justifiable homicide in the US annually.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:32 pm

kingstonlake wrote:As far as the good guy with a gun theory, I read somewhere that there are just over 1 million guns per justifiable homicide in the US annually.

Well guns stop more crimes than are used to commit crimes, not including law enforcement.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:42 pm

Rocinante wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I got an idea

I agree here. But, while related, not the same.

We’re talking about placing presumably trained individuals in schools in the extremely low chance of a school shooting, right?

Two birds and all.

Shrinking the prison industrial complex is better than drastically increasing it with further victimless crimes.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:15 pm

No. I agree the war on drugs is a failure and needs a complete makeover, and that prisons are filled with way too many nonviolent or drug offenders that are $$ for the for-profit prison industry or free labor for states.

Even if we were to solve that problem, there’s still a gun problem.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:33 pm

Rocinante wrote:No. I agree the war on drugs is a failure and needs a complete makeover, and that prisons are filled with way too many nonviolent or drug offenders that are $$ for the for-profit prison industry or free labor for states.

And it’s going to be solved by... more prohibition?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:53 pm

xsanguine wrote:
Rocinante wrote:No. I agree the war on drugs is a failure and needs a complete makeover, and that prisons are filled with way too many nonviolent or drug offenders that are $$ for the for-profit prison industry or free labor for states.

See my post above. I believe part of the answer is restrictions, yes.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:11 pm

Rocinante wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Nice. So the thinking is prohibition has been a catastrophe twice in our history why not give it a third shot?

It's a bold strategy, Roc.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:50 pm

The prohibition of slavery worked out pretty ok.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:56 pm

Slavery is a crime, Roc. There is no victim in possession.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:57 pm

xsanguine wrote:

You should ask one of those kids that died for your right to own a gun.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:05 pm

xsanguine wrote:Slavery is a crime, Roc. There is no victim in possession.

There was a time when it wasn’t. The damn constitution had protections in it for slave owners. There was a war or something about it.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:06 pm

InTenSity wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

You should ask one of those kids that died for your right to own a gun.

First of all, it's everyone's right. It's a right I haven't taken advantage of, but it's certainly one that should be available. What does your right or my right to own the best tool for self-defense have to do with someone who acts unethically? You do realize they can be procured quite easily even after a theoretical ban. They will always be available. You are never going to stop their production. You will, however, push their availability to the black market.

Second of all, Intensity, I expect appeal to emotion fallacies on Facebook... not on a forum of supposedly college educated individuals. Do better. Be better.

Third of all, and this kind of goes along with point 2, I realize you're acting on emotion and not logic here, but... how the hell do you talk to someone who's dead?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:08 pm

Rocinante wrote:
xsanguine wrote:Slavery is a crime, Roc. There is no victim in possession.

There was a time when it wasn’t. The damn constitution had protections in it for slave owners.  There was a war or something about it.

There was never a time that slavery was ethical (not a crime). It may have been widely accepted, but there's always been a victim in slavery.

The Constitution is just a goddamn piece of paper. You'll never see me argue on behalf of it outside of a debate exercise/practice.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:53 am

xsanguine wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

There was a time when it wasn’t. The damn constitution had protections in it for slave owners.  There was a war or something about it.

There was never a time that slavery was ethical (not a crime). It may have been widely accepted, but there's always been a victim in slavery.

The Constitution is just a goddamn piece of paper. You'll never see me argue on behalf of it outside of a debate exercise/practice.

We are a nation of laws, not of men. What’s “ethical” is decided by those laws. The sooner you understand that there really are no universal truths, the sooner you transition from someone who operates in the hypothetical to someone who operates in the real.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:43 am

xsanguine wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:As far as the good guy with a gun theory, I read somewhere that there are just over 1 million guns per justifiable homicide in the US annually.

Well guns stop more crimes than are used to commit crimes, not including law enforcement.

I do t really want to respond to drivel and right wingers aren’t really into science but whatever
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:46 am

Rocinante wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

They will turn the word restriction into prohibition. Ask why.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:55 am

Rocinante wrote:The prohibition of slavery worked out pretty ok.

There are already restrictions on firearms. That’s all most people want. Right and left. Allowing the word prohibition to be used, especially if the knuckle draggers are clinging to what one teenager said, instead of sensible gun restriction, plays into the hands of the terrorists in our country. It’s what fox and most of the morons do.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:48 pm

Running excuse tally sponsored by the firearms manufacturers of America:

1. Guns don’t kill people, people kill people.
2. The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.
3. It’s not a gun problem, it’s a mental health problem.
4. If more kids were nice to each other, less school shootings would happen.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:10 am

Rocinante wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

We are a nation of laws, not of men. What’s “ethical” is decided by those laws. The sooner you understand that there really are no universal truths, the sooner you transition from someone who operates in the hypothetical to someone who operates in the real.

I’m aware of that, Roc. I didn’t argue that isn’t how it’s setup. I’m arguing the laws are unethical and explained why. Going by this belief many unethical laws (like slavery) would still be on the books. You take hypotheticals and make them realities.

Also, thank you, Roc.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:20 am

DWags wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I do t really want to respond to drivel and right wingers aren’t really into science but whatever

Here’s two studies in response to your op-ed, one ordered (and then not mentioned when the results came out) by President Obama. The other a Florida State criminology study (that mirrors the CDC study only amplified; government stats always skew towards their narrative)

https://www.nap.edu/read/18319/chapter/2

https://scholarlycommons.law.northwestern.edu/jclc/vol86/iss1/8/
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:25 am

DWags wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Because that’s what speakers and plenty of attendees at the ‘march for our lives’ parade stated as their end game. Add in the articles from various prominent publications.... and you wonder why paranoid conservatives think your ilk are going to order grunts to implement and enforce mandatory gun buy backs (of course you guys won’t do any dirty work yourselves... you order others to commit violence against others on your behalf)

The conservatives are right in this instance. All these new regulations will do jack to murder rates or school shootings. So when these laws fall flat.... we’ll be here once again talking about further ‘common sense’ gun laws, which will always be relative to what is already enforced. You play chess? It’s called seeing 3 moves ahead. It won’t stop at these token laws.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:29 am

Rocinante wrote:Running excuse tally sponsored by the firearms manufacturers of America:

1. Guns don’t kill people, people kill people.
2. The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.
3. It’s not a gun problem, it’s a mental health problem.
4. If more kids were nice to each other, less school shootings would happen.

How many bad guys with guns are stopped by someone without a firearm?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:30 am

xsanguine wrote:
DWags wrote:

Because that’s what speakers and plenty of attendees at the ‘march for our lives’ parade stated as their end game. Add in the articles from various prominent publications.... and you wonder why paranoid conservatives think your ilk are going to order grunts to implement and enforce mandatory gun buy backs (of course you guys won’t do any dirty work yourselves... you order others to commit violence against others on your behalf)

The conservatives are right in this instance. All these new regulations will do jack to murder rates or school shootings. So when these laws fall flat.... we’ll be here once again talking about further ‘common sense’ gun laws, which will always be relative to what is already enforced. You play chess? It’s called seeing 3 moves ahead. It won’t stop at these token laws.

Yeah, nah. None of that will ever happen. Never ever ever. It's just some propoganda get get you guys all riled up. It works pretty well too.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next