Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford says "screw it", we're only selling two cars by 2020 in North America. Trucks, trucks, and trucks.

+9
InTenSity
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
Wally Fairway
Nordic
Jake from State Farm
Floyd Robertson
DWags
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ford says "screw it", we're only selling two cars by 2020 in North America.  Trucks, trucks, and trucks.   - Page 2 Empty Re: Ford says "screw it", we're only selling two cars by 2020 in North America. Trucks, trucks, and trucks.

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-04-26, 13:28

DWags wrote:So, wait goose, If I'm reading your post right, you're blaming cars for people's deaths?    

hmmmm.

Let
Me
Think
About
That.

hmmmmmmmmm

People aren't killing people in cars, cars are killing people in cars.

something
something
Something
SOMETHING!

What is it this reminds me of?  

I think you're right, we need to take small cars away from people to save people's lives.  

Ford says "screw it", we're only selling two cars by 2020 in North America.  Trucks, trucks, and trucks.   - Page 2 502811600

But wait, what if we just had people keep buying more small cars?  The only way you save a life from a bad small car owner, is if you have a good small car owner.  

O.K., sorry I binned this up.  Just wanted to make a point about how I think, given a problem, engineers can solve it if you tell them it has to be solved by this date.  I just think they can do almost anything.  I've always been in awe of those fuckers.  

ya know, we should make someone sit through classes.. pass a test.. and be licensed to drive. Like an actual government-regulated license..  Ya know, since it's so dangerous.

just a thought.  Ford says "screw it", we're only selling two cars by 2020 in North America.  Trucks, trucks, and trucks.   - Page 2 2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Ford says "screw it", we're only selling two cars by 2020 in North America.  Trucks, trucks, and trucks.   - Page 2 Empty Re: Ford says "screw it", we're only selling two cars by 2020 in North America. Trucks, trucks, and trucks.

Post by DWags 2018-04-26, 14:08

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
DWags wrote:My brother in law has a buddy that is an environmental lawyer. he converted his Benz into a car that runs on old cooking grease. Smells like burger king going down the road.

Is his name Ben Giovanelli or something like that?

I’ll ask. You know, I think he lived in Troy or Royal Oak.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-04-26, 14:45

I bet that's him. I used to work with him. Not for long but I remember talking to him about that car.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2018-04-26, 15:15

I would love to get a big ass 80s Suburban and convert it to bio-diesel
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2018-04-26, 17:47

Honestly, with Michigan roads, I think a truck is the safest mode of travel right now.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-04-26, 18:29

DWags wrote:Pretty crazy.  Dropping pretty much everything.   I'd have loved to have listened in on those data meetings and theories.  They'll cut operating expenses by 25.5. billion.   Does that mean job cuts?   Taurus, Fiesta, Fusion, C-Max and Focus sedans all going buh bye.

Only Mustang and Focus crossover make the cut

Who cares? It means stock dividends, bitch!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-04-26, 19:04

Rocinante wrote:
DWags wrote:Pretty crazy.  Dropping pretty much everything.   I'd have loved to have listened in on those data meetings and theories.  They'll cut operating expenses by 25.5. billion.   Does that mean job cuts?   Taurus, Fiesta, Fusion, C-Max and Focus sedans all going buh bye.

Only Mustang and Focus crossover make the cut

Who cares? It means stock dividends, bitch!

You don’t know what dividends means do you? Seinfeld to Kramer.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2018-04-27, 18:36

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:I'd wager that by 2020 Trucks will be getting damn good gas miles anyway. Engineers are amazing, and Goose can complain about Obama forcing a goal on the companies, but I think the best and brightest in our country thrive on a challenge. Sure there are a ton of people pissed at a free enterprise system telling a company they have to do this or that, and I get that, but if you give smart peole a goal, They can get damn near it if not right on it if they need to. Without a goal, you take a deep breath and relax a bit.

Obama? It goes all the way back to Nixon....

Here's the thing Wags and I know I've seen studies that support this....how many lives was it worth?

The simple fact is that people in small cars die at a much higher rate. The cost for those better fleet gas mileages has been paid in the blood of Americans.

So was it worth it for loved ones to die to save a few gallons of oil?
You mean those safer heavier cars without tempered glass, seat belts, shoulder belts, airbags, crumple zones, with rear fill gas tanks that would get speared in a rear end collision.
Yeah they were so much safer ( smdh )
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2