Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peanut-free games? (and so it begins)

+22
Albert_Potato
Izzo Court
By-Tor
tTito
Herbie Green
Rodeo Burger
SeeRockCity
CheesySpartan
AvgMSUJoe
Robert J Sakimano
WhiteBoyHatcher
Other Teams Pursuing That
Tankster
Floyd Robertson
Sponge Worthy
Bud Fox
WBill
Rocinante
Giant Moose
Dr. Strangelove
Bonerland
NigelUno
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Peanut-free games?  (and so it begins)   - Page 2 Empty Re: Peanut-free games? (and so it begins)

Post by Sponge Worthy 2014-07-01, 12:09

My Dad is visiting from out of town so I asked him point-blank "What the Hell is going on with all the kids having peanut allergies these days?"

Response- Kids are not exposed to the allergens out in nature early enough. It is imperative that babies and young kids are exposed to legumes (which peanuts are, we really don't eat too many legumes when young) such as clover (run and play outside in grass that might not be sterilized/sprayed for weeds), alfalfa (been out in the country and smelled some hay lately?, and peanuts in order to get exposed to some legumes early in life..

Antibodies are sort of important. And unfortunately, it is pretty rare for a Doctor to actually tell a parent to put their kids out there in the world and put them "at risk", but the bottom line is that it would do a lot of kids a lot of good..

It's the same old adage-get a little dirty and you'll stay healthier. We are designed to get dirty and live through it.
Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Peanut-free games?  (and so it begins)   - Page 2 Empty Re: Peanut-free games? (and so it begins)

Post by Nommad2 2014-07-01, 12:44

Nommad2
Nommad2
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GhettoHeisman 2014-07-01, 13:02

Sponge Worthy wrote:My Dad is visiting from out of town so I asked him point-blank "What the Hell is going on with all the kids having peanut allergies these days?"

Response- Kids are not exposed to the allergens out in nature early enough. It is imperative that babies and young kids are exposed to legumes (which peanuts are, we really don't eat too many legumes when young) such as clover (run and play outside in grass that might not be sterilized/sprayed for weeds), alfalfa (been out in the country and smelled some hay lately?, and peanuts in order to get exposed to some legumes early in life..

Antibodies are sort of important. And unfortunately, it is pretty rare for a Doctor to actually tell a parent to put their kids out there in the world and put them "at risk", but the bottom line is that it would do a lot of kids a lot of good..

It's the same old adage-get a little dirty and you'll stay healthier. We are designed to get dirty and live through it.
Sounds like ur old man is one of those fancy science talking guys. Ask him to explain magnets for us.
GhettoHeisman
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponge Worthy 2014-07-01, 13:09

GhettoHeisman wrote:
Sounds like ur old man is one of those fancy science talking guys.  Ask him to explain magnets for us.  

He is..and he's one of the few who actually know how to talk and explain stuff in English for dumbarses like me. I need to start writing down some of the stuff he says so I don't forget it all after he's gone  pale 
Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny Alpamayo 2014-07-01, 14:08

This is what's wrong with America. You assholes can't even see the obvious that is right in front of you.

Kids aren't getting weaker. Peanuts are getting stronger, and will soon enough evolve to not only create super-violent reactions in all humans exposed to them, but will become sentient and understand all the terrible, terrible things we've done to them.

I'll be in my bunker if you need me.
Johnny Alpamayo
Johnny Alpamayo
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-07-01, 15:18

Sponge Worthy wrote:My Dad is visiting from out of town so I asked him point-blank "What the Hell is going on with all the kids having peanut allergies these days?"

From what I gathered there may be a certain amount of truth to what you are saying. There is a study coming out this year to see. The medical experts previously advised against peanuts during pregnancy and infancy only a few years ago.

My wife hates nuts so my kids didn't get any. And it never occurred to me to make a point of going out in the legumes when they were babies. Fortunately they did not get the allergy.
If the evidence is strong enough, Perhaps there will be some regimented exposure.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2014-07-01, 15:30

Herbie Green wrote:

From what I gathered there may be a certain amount of truth to what you are saying.  There is a study coming out this year to see.  The medical experts previously advised against peanuts during pregnancy and infancy only a few years ago.

My wife hates nuts so my kids didn't get any. And it never occurred to me to make a point of going out in the legumes when they were babies. Fortunately they did not get the allergy.
If the evidence is strong enough, Perhaps there will be some regimented exposure.

she's not allergic to mine.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-07-01, 15:43

NigelUno wrote:

What if you bring your own nuts?

Don't ask the impossible of Bob.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponge Worthy 2014-07-02, 11:30

Herbie Green wrote:

From what I gathered there may be a certain amount of truth to what you are saying.  There is a study coming out this year to see.  The medical experts previously advised against peanuts during pregnancy and infancy only a few years ago.

I asked too why the medical community seems to be so confused about the issue, in addition to why so many other basic common sense ideas just get thrown out the window by doctors..Dad just rolled his eyes and voiced his opinion about many medical doctors. His belief is that basically, the way doctors are more and more specialized today, they often forget some of their basic biochemistry and other education that explains the human body and basic science. They are hurried into specialties and really focus on $. And there are many many drugs and supplements out there whose demand is driven by money too..throw in the media, and we've got a fireball of misinformation and paranoid parents raising (for lack of a better term) pretty pussified kids.

Dad is a pretty down to earth farm raised Man who really knows his science and has been seeing for generations how the medical profession tends to be, by and large, about 20-30 years behind what basic science finds. A good example is the trend of people taking iron supplements for years. Well, now a lot of basic research has been showing that iron is extremely toxic and has been tied to all kinds of diseases such as heart disease, Alzheimer's, diabetes, and cancers. We just haven't had the need to take iron for decades. And guess what? It floats around in our bloodstream forever unless we give blood. Why the medical community has not advised patients to give blood is beyond me..my parents have been urging me to do it for over a decade, as they have both been studying the relationship of iron, free radicals, and heart disease/cancer, etc. for the last 30 years of their research(my Mom is a retired Biochemist also)

Another big farce is the number of Doctors who love to give Vitamin B12 to patients. I just learned that if we consume a tiny bit of Cobalt (the building base of B12) from a spec of simple dirt, we have enough of it in our system to produce the vitamin for SIX MONTHS. It's as simple as eating a baked potato with the skin..

Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2