Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Goose may be vacationing thread

+20
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
Rocinante
Floyd Robertson
The Pantry
Other Teams Pursuing That
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
Nordic
DWags
NigelUno
kingstonlake
Cameron
aualum06
Jake from State Farm
InTenSity
I.B. Fine
pulling69
Dendrobates
y2kMgrad
24 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Goose may be vacationing thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Goose may be vacationing thread

Post by steveschneider 24/01/19, 08:27 am

Maybe he should just create a new user name. Maybe he just needs a fresh start?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

The Goose may be vacationing thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Goose may be vacationing thread

Post by Senior Dickfist 24/01/19, 09:28 am

First off, I will miss Goose. I've never met him but, I did meet his son to pick up a pie. Someone I never met was kind enough to give me food. I will always appreciate that. I also liked his contributions to this board.

As far as politics go, I don't agree with many on this board, nor do I care. The common bond for me is the humor. This statement is not aimed specifically at Goose, but if I let my political beliefs get in the way of my relationships, my social interactions would be much less interesting. To summarize, it's a free country and I believe everyone has the right to their own opinion. I do my best not to judge but, like everyone, I'm not perfect.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 24/01/19, 09:45 am

Senior Dickfist wrote:First off, I will miss Goose. I've never met him but, I did meet his son to pick up a pie. Someone I never met was kind enough to give me food. I will always appreciate that. I also liked his contributions to this board.

As far as politics go, I don't agree with many on this board, nor do I care. The common bond for me is the humor. This statement is not aimed specifically at Goose, but if I let my political beliefs get in the way of my relationships, my social interactions would be much less interesting. To summarize, it's a free country and I believe everyone has the right to their own opinion. I do my best not to judge but, like everyone, I'm not perfect.

Senior Dickfist, you are very wise and I think we could all benefit from your perspective.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 24/01/19, 09:53 am

steveschneider wrote:
Senior Dickfist wrote:First off, I will miss Goose. I've never met him but, I did meet his son to pick up a pie. Someone I never met was kind enough to give me food. I will always appreciate that. I also liked his contributions to this board.

Senior Dickfist, you are very wise and I think we could all benefit from your perspective.
he's a great American.. you only get one shot at life.. you take it too seriously - especially idiots at an anonymous message board - at your own peril.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 24/01/19, 10:11 am

Did he leave on his own?

Or was he banned for spamming the board with Russian bots?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 24/01/19, 10:14 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

you only get one shot at life.. you take it too seriously - especially idiots at an anonymous message board - at your own peril.

I think those are lyrics from an Eminem song in the movie 8 Mile
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 24/01/19, 10:23 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: you only get one shot at life.. you take it too seriously - especially idiots at an anonymous message board - at your own peril.

Knees weak, mom's spaghetti.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 24/01/19, 10:34 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: you only get one shot at life.. you take it too seriously - especially idiots at an anonymous message board - at your own peril.

straight up, yo.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 24/01/19, 10:59 am

So all of Goose's posts have been replaced with this, suggesting something more drastic than vacation.

The Goose may be vacationing thread - Page 5 Guest10
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 24/01/19, 11:03 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:So all of Goose's posts have been replaced with this, suggesting something more drastic than vacation.

The Goose may be vacationing thread - Page 5 Guest10
He gone.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 24/01/19, 11:07 am

In the end, aren't we all just guests on this planet?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 24/01/19, 11:23 am

a modest proposal:

at the next home game, the Izzone needs to honor Goose with a "GoooooOOOOoooOOOOOooooooooOOOOOooooOOOOOOOooooooooooooOOOOOOse" chant while jumping up and down.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 24/01/19, 11:29 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:a modest proposal:

at the next home game, the Izzone needs to honor Goose with a "GoooooOOOOoooOOOOOooooooooOOOOOooooOOOOOOOooooooooooooOOOOOOse" chant while jumping up and down.

I'm going to do that tonight, when we play the hawkeyes. In my living room. My wife will think I"m crazy, but she just doesn't understand.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 24/01/19, 11:32 am

The Goose may be vacationing thread - Page 5 IndolentFatalKingsnake-small
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 24/01/19, 11:53 am

DWags wrote:

I'm going to do that tonight, when we play the hawkeyes. In my living room. My wife will think I"m crazy, but she just doesn't understand.
some things are better left unsaid.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 24/01/19, 12:41 pm

Bob, you and Goose probably had one of the biggest feuds running on the board. When did things turn? Was it after the 2016 election?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 24/01/19, 12:44 pm

steveschneider wrote:Bob, you and Goose probably had one of the biggest feuds running on the board. When did things turn? Was it after the 2016 election?

I never got my shot at make up sex with Goose. :(
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 24/01/19, 12:52 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Bob, you and Goose probably had one of the biggest feuds running on the board. When did things turn? Was it after the 2016 election?

I never got my shot at make up sex with Goose. :(

I think once the Bob vs Goose feud cooled it transitioned over to you. The last two months you guys were fighting in just about every thread.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 24/01/19, 12:55 pm

It was totally my fault - I was a complete jerk to him.

I think it was summer/fall 2016 that I issued a public apology to him (after a private conversation via PM) - from then on. we were cool (even though is worldview is distorted). I never apologized for our political/social differences - he wouldn't want me to, I'm sure - but it was the personal commentary that was unnecessary and unwarranted on my part.

Found the thread here
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 24/01/19, 12:57 pm

Bob v Goose doesn't even crack to top 10

1.) Goose/Pylon
2.) Bikes v Pies
3.) Nigel v opinions
4.) OTPT v Tum Tum
5.) tTY v Alcohol
6.) tTY v fiat
7.) Bob vs anything north of Clare county
8.) Travis v anything right of Noam Chompsky
9.) LWS v Pickem
10.) Greenway v Guest

Honorable Mention: Anti vs Flat earth, Bob v thoughts and prayers, Pantry v Twix and Kit Kat
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 24/01/19, 01:04 pm

kingstonlake wrote:

1.) Goose/Pylon
2.) Bikes v Pies
3.) Nigel v opinions
4.) OTPT v Tum Tum
5.) tTY v Alcohol
6.) tTY v fiat
9.) LWS v Pickem
10.) Greenway v Guest

Honorable Mention: Anti vs Flat earth, Bob v thoughts and prayers, Pantry v Twix and Kit Kat

The Goose may be vacationing thread - Page 5 Giphy
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 24/01/19, 01:12 pm

So, did he request to have his account deleted? Or was he banned?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 24/01/19, 01:17 pm

The Pantry wrote:Gonna miss him, especially his contributions to the cooking thread.

Politics are a MF'er.  Why I rarely go to tBin.  Maybe he'd still be here if he did the same.

Actually it's because your ass gets schooled if you ever do.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 24/01/19, 01:21 pm

Also, Goose, assuming you are monitoring from afar. That's a lame move. Politics rarely found their way over to this board and never came to the koolkids board, so you could have just stopped posting on the bin and it would have been fine. Thank you for the wizard hat you made my daughter and the baklava that you sent my family that one time. You're a cool dude. We can disagree vehemently on fundamental things and still like each other. Wish you hadn't taken off.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 24/01/19, 01:22 pm

kingstonlake wrote:

1.) Goose/Pylon
2.) Bikes v Pies
3.) Nigel v opinions
4.) OTPT v Tum Tum
5.) tTY v Alcohol
6.) tTY v fiat
9.) LWS v Pickem
10.) Greenway v Guest

Darn right. I can’t stand Guest.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 24/01/19, 01:24 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

1.) Goose/Pylon
2.) Bikes v Pies
3.) Nigel v opinions
4.) OTPT v Tum Tum
5.) tTY v Alcohol
6.) tTY v fiat
9.) LWS v Pickem
10.) Greenway v Guest

Almost got me you fuckers
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 24/01/19, 01:24 pm

kingstonlake wrote:

1.) Goose/Pylon
2.) Bikes v Pies
3.) Nigel v opinions
4.) OTPT v Tum Tum
5.) tTY v Alcohol
6.) tTY v fiat
9.) LWS v Pickem
10.) Greenway v Guest

Don’t forget how much DWags’ fruit hates his refrigerator.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 24/01/19, 01:25 pm

Rocinante wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Almost got me you fuckers

The hate is real.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 24/01/19, 01:27 pm

NigelUno wrote:So, did he request to have his account deleted? Or was he banned?

Who cares.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 24/01/19, 01:49 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

1.) Goose/Pylon
2.) Bikes v Pies
3.) Nigel v opinions
4.) OTPT v Tum Tum
5.) tTY v Alcohol
6.) tTY v fiat
9.) LWS v Pickem
10.) Greenway v Guest

Hates it? They love it. I have some sweetheart oranges and cherries in there right now waiting for me to come home and gobble them nice cold bastards right up.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 24/01/19, 02:00 pm

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Hates it? They love it. I have some sweetheart oranges and cherries in there right now waiting for me to come home and gobble them nice cold bastards right up.

Farmers know how much fruit hates the cold. That’s why they’ll put up outdoor heaters when there’s an overnight cold spell forecasted. Your fruit loathed you. Those poor bastards didn’t just die, they died in pain. The Goose may be vacationing thread - Page 5 4177874726
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 24/01/19, 02:04 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

Farmers know how much fruit hates the cold. That’s why they’ll put up outdoor heaters when there’s an overnight cold spell forecasted. Your fruit loathed you.
I make a blended drink every morning: unsweetened almond milk, blueberries, a Gala apple, spinach and psyllium husk.

the almond milk is cold (obvs) - everything else is fresh/refrigerated, with the exception of the blueberries. My wife gets the frozen ones from Whole Foods - the amount of hate I have for drinking the blended up FROZEN blueberries is intense. Lately, I let them thaw for a good 45 minutes before I make my drink.

cold/frozen fruit is the work of the Devil.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 24/01/19, 02:07 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Farmers know how much fruit hates the cold. That’s why they’ll put up outdoor heaters when there’s an overnight cold spell forecasted. Your fruit loathed you.
I make a blended drink every morning: unsweetened almond milk, blueberries, a Gala apple, spinach and psyllium husk.

the almond milk is cold (obvs) - everything else is fresh/refrigerated, with the exception of the blueberries. My wife gets the frozen ones from Whole Foods - the amount of hate I have for drinking the blended up FROZEN blueberries is intense. Lately, I let them thaw for a good 45 minutes before I make my drink.

Are you my wife? You just described her every morning, including letting the blueberries thaw.
Love you, snookems.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 24/01/19, 02:28 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Are you my wife? You just described her every morning, including letting the blueberries thaw.
Love you, snookems.
The Goose may be vacationing thread - Page 5 1966794946
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 24/01/19, 03:21 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Frozen blueberries are the worst. They just turn into little balls of ice. They lose all their flavor. No
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 24/01/19, 03:23 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Frozen blueberries are the worst. They just turn into little balls of ice. They lose all their flavor. No
I use fresh blueberries in the summer.. I eat them by the handful, in fact, all summer long - just packed with nutrients and antioxidants.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 24/01/19, 04:24 pm

Bob, the next time you're up north (obviously your favorite place on earth) taking a hike, keep an eye out for wild blue berries. You can't beat fresh picked.

Edited to add: watch out for the Bears, they like them too.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 24/01/19, 04:39 pm

Senior Dickfist wrote:Bob, the next time you're up north (obviously your favorite place on earth) taking a hike, keep an eye out for wild blue berries. You can't beat fresh picked.

Went to Maine last fall and ate a bunch. Also, I had a wild blue berry pie. That was a pie worthy of Goose!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 24/01/19, 04:48 pm

Senior Dickfist wrote:Bob, the next time you're up north (obviously your favorite place on earth) taking a hike, keep an eye out for wild blue berries. You can't beat fresh picked.

Threat down: Bears.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 24/01/19, 06:41 pm

do I have to wait until summer?

'cause it doesn't seem like my kind of hang in the summer.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next