Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toyota Prius

+17
GRR Spartan
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
Death Roe
AvgMSUJoe
tGreenWay
WhiteBoyHatcher
Jake from State Farm
The Pantry
Turtleneck
Cameron
Nordic
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
I.B. Fine
Travis of the Cosmos
steveschneider
21 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Toyota Prius - Page 3 Empty Re: Toyota Prius

Post by steveschneider Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:10 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the 511's have a bunch of stretch denim? I think it's similar to the 514 but I can't keep track of all the cuts anymore. I had a pair of the 514s, loved the fit and the wash but hated the stretch denim.
yep - per the Levi's site:

A modern slim with room to move, the 511™️ Slim Fit Stretch Jeans are a classic since right now. These jeans sit below the waist with a slim fit from hip to ankle.

I have probably 5-6 different pairs - black, a really dark indigo wash and then a wash called "green jelly" which is an odd name. They're basically a distressed wash somewhere between a traditional lighter denim and darker indigo.

Yeah, I had a dark blue pair that I thought looked nice. It was basic but I always liked the 100% cotton ones. I'll have to check them out again, maybe after all these years they've improved the fabric.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:13 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Bob what is your opinion on Carhartt? Do you rock that shit or is it too urban or blue collar for you?

Bob wears skinny jeans, so it seems he’d wear Carhartt only to be ironic.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:26 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Bob what is your opinion on Carhartt? Do you rock that shit or is it too urban or blue collar for you?
I have a Carhartt coat.. I'll often wear it shoveling or on longer walks - has sort of a sherpa lining and a hood. It's pretty great - I also have a Dickies work coat that, in my opinion, is as durable as the Carhartt one for about half the price.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:28 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the 511's have a bunch of stretch denim? I think it's similar to the 514 but I can't keep track of all the cuts anymore. I had a pair of the 514s, loved the fit and the wash but hated the stretch denim.
yep - per the Levi's site:

A modern slim with room to move, the 511™️ Slim Fit Stretch Jeans are a classic since right now. These jeans sit below the waist with a slim fit from hip to ankle.

I have probably 5-6 different pairs - black, a really dark indigo wash and then a wash called "green jelly" which is an odd name. They're basically a distressed wash somewhere between a traditional lighter denim and darker indigo.

Damn Bob, you know a lot about Levi's.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:30 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:yep - per the Levi's site:

I like Levi's.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:31 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I like Levi's.

I'm wearing my own pair right now. Feeling manly.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:37 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I like Levi's.

I'm wearing my own pair right now. Feeling manly.
Toyota Prius - Page 3 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:31 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I used to be a devout Levi's guy. Best blue jeans ever made if you ask me. Well in the 2000's they closed all of their American plants, and you could almost instantly see the drop off in fit and quality. I bought a pair that had such thin denim you could see holes forming after a few washes.  I went to Kohl's last year and the 501s didn't fit like my old 501s that finally wore out. The 505 didn't fit like the old 505 and after about an hour of trying everything on I realized I'm now a 502 guy.

You talk to anyone in the garment industry in New York and they'll all tell you the best denim in the world is made by the Japanese now. Why is that? Because they bought all the weaving looms from the American Levi plants when they shut down. LOL! Problem is you have to pay 150 to 300 dollars for a pair pants and I'm too cheap to ever do that. No thanks!
currently wearing three separate articles of clothing made by Levi's.

511 jeans, snap shirt, trucker jacket.

Canadian tuxedo!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:39 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
currently wearing three separate articles of clothing made by Levi's.

511 jeans, snap shirt, trucker jacket.

Canadian tuxedo!
every day, G.. Toyota Prius - Page 3 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:02 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:So what we've concluded is the only merican* car company is Ford, according to lws, right?

*-not including the actual % of ownership that may or may not be foreign.

Oh, and BTW....Camry is more American than YOUR F150...

Toyota Prius - Page 3 C54650b7278f88a3eeaa7aa7d5fce4f7

Bump for pantry. But i think this is when he says fake news, skewed numbers, snowflake, lib something.
Oh, look.  My biggest hater.  

Unfortunately, that article leaves out big pieces of the entire automotive production picture, focusing only on the content.  Things you foreign car folks either don't know or choose to ignore in your hatred of US auto companies.

Engineering is crucial to producing quality vehicles and far more complicated than you could even imagine.  Not just the design of the vehicle: exterior, interior, powertrain.  FEA simulations, prototyping, crash testing, road testing, failure analysis, FMVSS regulations, CAFE requirements, ISO requirements, etc.  And that's just to engineer the vehicle.  There's also engineering of the stamping dies, component manufacturing equipment, and final assembly tools (the production line).  Millions of people work in these processes, either as engineers or support people from logistics, accounting, to janitorial services.  Point is, the Big 3 keeps most of their engineering in the US.  Just like foreign car companies keep most of their engineering on their home turf.

Build.  Again, you foreign car lovers don't get it.  US companies pay to have most of their stamping dies and assembly fixtures (tooling) built in the US for Tier1's and Tier2's.  Yes, some of those vendors (their call) send the tooling to Canada or Mexico to build production parts but at least it was engineered and built in the US.  You'd be surprised how often stamping dies are built overseas and shipped to the US from foreign car companies so the production parts can be claimed to be US domestic content.

Pretty funny hearing some of you foreign guys bag on GM for the layoffs.  You're the reason that business decision was made.  Sleep well tonight.  

I'll never get the foreign car love from you anti-Americans even though our products are now ranked superior.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:06 pm

The Pantry wrote:

Bump for pantry. But i think this is when he says fake news, skewed numbers, snowflake, lib something.

Unfortunately, that article leaves out big pieces of the entire automotive production picture, focusing only on the content.  Things you foreign car folks either don't know or choose to ignore in your hatred of US auto companies.

Engineering is crucial to producing quality vehicles and far more complicated than you could even imagine.  Not just the design of the vehicle: exterior, interior, powertrain.  FEA simulations, prototyping, crash testing, road testing, failure analysis, FMVSS regulations, CAFE requirements, ISO requirements, etc.  And that's just to engineer the vehicle.  There's also engineering of the stamping dies, component manufacturing equipment, and final assembly tools (the production line).  Millions of people work in these processes, either as engineers or support people from logistics, accounting, to janitorial services.  Point is, the Big 3 keeps most of their engineering in the US.  Just like foreign car companies keep most of their engineering on their home turf.

Build.  Again, you foreign car lovers don't get it.  US companies pay to have most of their stamping dies and assembly fixtures (tooling) built in the US for Tier1's and Tier2's.  Yes, some of those vendors (their call) send the tooling to Canada or Mexico to build production parts but at least it was engineered and built in the US.  You'd be surprised how often stamping dies are built overseas and shipped to the US from foreign car companies so the production parts can be claimed to be US domestic content.

Pretty funny hearing some of you foreign guys bag on GM for the layoffs.  You're the reason that business decision was made.  Sleep well tonight.  

I'll never get the foreign car love from you anti-Americans even though our products are now ranked superior.
call me old-fashioned, but I believe people should do whatever they want to do.. Toyota Prius - Page 3 2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:11 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
The Pantry wrote:

call me old-fashioned, but I believe people should do whatever they want to do.. Toyota Prius - Page 3 2599972566
But, why the hate on American companies and workers from, supposedly, other Americans?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:13 pm

The Pantry wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: call me old-fashioned, but I believe people should do whatever they want to do.. Toyota Prius - Page 3 2599972566
But, why the hate on American companies and workers from, supposedly, other Americans?
I can't speak for them.. but I don't look at where something is made before I buy it. I still have that right (for now).

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:16 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
The Pantry wrote:But, why the hate on American companies and workers from, supposedly, other Americans?
I can't speak for them.. but I don't look at where something is made before I buy it. I still have that right (for now).

Right, take this message board for instance. If you check real close you'll find out the software is Russian.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:21 pm

Jake from State Farm wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I can't speak for them.. but I don't look at where something is made before I buy it. I still have that right (for now).

Right, take this message board for instance. If you check real close you'll find out the software is Russian.

Я с большим презрением отношусь к tGreenWay
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:22 pm

The Pantry wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: call me old-fashioned, but I believe people should do whatever they want to do.. Toyota Prius - Page 3 2599972566

Who hates these companies? You keep saying that, but no one has really implied or said that.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:26 pm

The Pantry wrote:But, why the hate on American companies and workers from, supposedly, other Americans?

FWIW, I drive a GM car. Probably the best car I've had (maybe even better then my 1990 civic from back in the day). Not bagging or hating on 'Merican cars.

Bagging on lws for being douchey about "buy 'Merican".
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:27 pm

Я с большим презрением отношусь к

You and me both.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:28 pm

if I planned on buying a car, I'd quite likely go out of my way not to buy an American one..

that's just the way I am. Toyota Prius - Page 3 3493939353

Toyota Prius - Page 3 Giphy

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:29 pm

I.B. Fine wrote:
Я с большим презрением отношусь к

You and me both.
Toyota Prius - Page 3 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:32 pm

The Pantry wrote:

You mean like the Toyota R&D center in ann arbor?
And I never bagged on GM or any other US-based car company. All I said was Toyota is, IMO, a superior product. And while it’s only my opinion, it’s one shared by millions of other car drivers and most auto and consumer research publications. The Camry and Accord have consistently, for decades, been ranked at or near the top of most reviews.
So, your opinion matters every bit as much as mine, but it doesn’t matter more.
Toyota Prius - Page 3 502811600 And you can take your anti-American comment and shove it up your tailpipe.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:33 pm

The Pantry wrote:

I don't hate American companies. I think a lot of us that went to the Japanese car were once devout American car people. I think a lot of us just remember all those calls at dinner time when some neighbor or uncle or whoever would call to see if you could pick them up off the side of the highway or from some parking lot they had to roll into because their car was broken down. I've been in American cars where the radiator was over heated and had to suffer the humiliation of lifting the hood up to let the steam out and wait for the engine cool off in full view of rush hour traffic on a crowded street.

My brother in law that gave me his old Honda Civic beater when he bought his Chevy Cruze is ready to dump his new car and I'm ready to dump the Civic because its at the end of its life. He's put more money into that Cruz in the same amount of time that I've owned the Civic with 200k miles on it. That Cruz turned into a money shortly after he rolled it off the lot and he wishes had kept the beater.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:33 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:

You mean like the Toyota R&D center in ann arbor?
And I never bagged on GM or any other US-based car company. All I said was Toyota is, IMO, a superior product. And while it’s only my opinion, it’s one shared by millions of other car drivers and most auto and consumer research publications. The Camry and Accord have consistently, for decades, been ranked at or near the top of most reviews.
So, your opinion matters every bit as much as mine, but it doesn’t matter more.
Toyota Prius - Page 3 502811600 And you can take your anti-American comment and shove it up your tailpipe.
hey now.. some of us wear our anti-American-ness with pride.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:35 pm

BTW, Pantry thanks for making me aware of the LL Bean sale.

Just bought three of these.

https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/91480?attrValue_0=Black&csp=a

Black, Teal and the vintage indigo. Those things will last me for years!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:38 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Friend of mine from high school—very pro gun, avid hunter and trapper, pro GM union, designed and created a bumper sticker that said Americans buy what they want. He must have sold tens of those. But I’ve never forgotten that message, especially coming from a guy whose dad was getting his paychecks from GM.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:39 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

With Uber and Lyft, I've read that a wise financial move depending on your needs is to just rely on those companies for your transportation. With insurance, loan payments, gas, routine maintenance and so on you might come out ahead. I've explored this option as well.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:39 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I can't speak for them.. but I don't look at where something is made before I buy it. I still have that right (for now).

Friend of mine from high school—very pro gun, avid hunter and trapper, pro GM union, designed and created a bumper sticker that said Americans buy what they want. He must have sold tens of those. But I’ve never forgotten that message, especially coming from a guy whose dad was getting his paychecks from GM.
people are funny. Toyota Prius - Page 3 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:40 pm

steveschneider wrote:BTW, Pantry thanks for making me aware of the LL Bean sale.

Toyota Prius - Page 3 82632c1654fd8f202fcdac3f63d98a1d--ll-bean-duck-boots-duck-duck
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:42 pm

steveschneider wrote:BTW, Pantry thanks for making me aware of the LL Bean sale.

*making a mental note that Steve has purchased a teal LS polo for mocking at a later date.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:42 pm

tGreenWay wrote:

*making a mental note that Steve has purchased a teal LS polo for mocking at a later date.
Toyota Prius - Page 3 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:43 pm

steveschneider wrote:

With Uber and Lyft, I've read that a wise financial move depending on your needs is to just rely on those companies for your transportation. With insurance, loan payments, gas, routine maintenance and so on you might come out ahead. I've explored this option as well.

Using those services and any form of public transportation is anti-American. Buy an American car or forever get no sleep.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:44 pm

You are anti-American, Greenway. When's the last time you purchased any vehicle made by the Big 3?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:46 pm

tGreenWay wrote:

At least it wasn't clover, which is the wrong shade of green.

Toyota Prius - Page 3 A0211793_2

ps. I'm generally a big fan of L.L. Bean. Well-made clothing.

Last edited by Floyd Robertson on Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:46 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Using those services and any form of public transportation is anti-American. Buy an American car or forever get no sleep.
the thought of me wearing clothes from LL Bean would make certain that I got no sleep.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:47 pm

FTR, My wife's Honda Pilot sucks ass. Been to the shop more then my last two cars combined.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:47 pm

tGreenWay wrote:

The teal might go back. I have to try it on in person.

They are versatile shirts though, you wear them with jeans you fit in with society. You put them on with khakis you have your business casual. Much more comfortable than a button down dress shirt too!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:50 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:FTR, My wife's Honda Pilot sucks ass. Been to the shop more then my last two cars combined.

They've both made models that were dud's and bombed out. I stick with the models that are on their 11th to 12th generation. The Prius has been out 20 years and I've got a lot of feedback to go off of. They seem like very well engineered cars.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:51 pm

Welcome. Try their jeans.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:53 pm

steveschneider wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

The teal might go back. I have to try it on in person.

They are versatile shirts though, you wear them with jeans you fit in with society. You put them on with khakis you have your business casual. Much more comfortable than a button down dress shirt too!
Toyota Prius - Page 3 Giphy
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:17 pm

steveschneider wrote:

I don't hate American companies. I think a lot of us that went to the Japanese car were once devout American car people. I think a lot of us just remember all those calls at dinner time when some neighbor or uncle or whoever would call to see if you could pick them up off the side of the highway or from some parking lot they had to roll into because their car was broken down. I've been in American cars where the radiator was over heated and had to suffer the humiliation of lifting the hood up to let the steam out and wait for the engine cool off in full view of rush hour traffic on a crowded street.

My brother in law that gave me his old Honda Civic beater when he bought his Chevy Cruze is ready to dump his new car and I'm ready to dump the Civic because its at the end of its life. He's put more money into that Cruz in the same amount of time that I've owned the Civic with 200k miles on it. That Cruz turned into a money shortly after he rolled it off the lot and he wishes had kept the beater.
You younger folks have no recollection of how unreliable foreign vehicles use to be. Japanese vehicles were particularly awful.

Have to congratulate Japanese companies for emphasizing quality in the 80's. They made it a focal point and developed a reputation, making UAW produced vehicles here in the states look silly. Blame the Big 3 all you want but the UAW was as much at fault.

Things are not what they use to be. The UAW is no where near as powerful. And, domestic vehicles are topping the quality rankings.

If you anti-Americans would let go of your hate, maybe those 14,000 GM workers and countless other supplier jobs wouldn't have been lost.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next