Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is the game tomorrow the most important of Izzo's career?

+13
tTito
Other Teams Pursuing That
Wally Fairway
MiamiSpartan
Clarett's Folly
NigelUno
DWags
steveschneider
Nordic
tGreenWay
Watch Out Pylon!
WhiteBoyHatcher
duffy munn
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is the game tomorrow the most important of Izzo's career? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is the game tomorrow the most important of Izzo's career?

Post by duffy munn Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:36 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Maybe we can hang a banner. I can see it now.

“Beat Minnesota in the round of 32
2019”

So I guess you don't think it was important game. Agree to disagree.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Is the game tomorrow the most important of Izzo's career? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is the game tomorrow the most important of Izzo's career?

Post by kingstonlake Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:39 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Why would we hang a banner for that?

You’d think we would start to recognize our coach’s biggest wins of his career. The disrespect is mind boggling.

I think it was a very important game for him. Let's not pretend we're all new here and we haven't participated in threads about not getting to the second weekend the last three years. Nobody questions the resume. But to act like we haven't questioned the last three years, myself, yourself, and others included, is a little disingenuous. Biggest of his career? Of course not, but pretty significant.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:53 pm

kingstonlake wrote:

You’d think we would start to recognize our coach’s biggest wins of his career. The disrespect is mind boggling.

I think it was a very important game for him. Let's not pretend we're all new here and we haven't participated in threads about not getting to the second weekend the last three years. Nobody questions the resume. But to act like we haven't questioned the last three years, myself, yourself, and others included, is a little disingenuous. Biggest of his career? Of course not, but pretty significant.

thank you Kingston
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:58 pm

An ncaa tourney win is significant. Thank you both. Looking forward to the next thread.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:11 pm

Fwiw Izzo was asked if not being there since 15 was a weight off his shoulders in the off podium scrum. He said no not really, he was very comfortable with the reasons why we did not make it out of the weekend the past 3 years.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:16 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Fwiw Izzo was asked if not being there since 15 was a weight off his shoulders in the off podium scrum. He said no not really, he was very comfortable with the reasons why we did not make it out of the weekend the past 3 years.

I'm gonna interpret that as he's accepted why it happen.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:25 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Fwiw Izzo was asked if not being there since 15 was a weight off his shoulders in the off podium scrum. He said no not really, he was very comfortable with the reasons why we did not make it out of the weekend the past 3 years.

I understand why he said this. But also think he really didn't want to hear about it for another year. I think one of his flaws is he does pay attention to what people ( and the media) say.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:35 pm

duffy munn wrote:

I understand why he said this. But also think he really didn't want to hear about it for another year. I think one of his flaws is he does pay attention to what people ( and the media) say.

Coming from the guy who admitted he was scared of what uofm fans would say re the BTT final, and now MSU fans in this thread, the same may be true of you.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:39 pm

Man OTPT. You surly.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:41 pm

Rocinante wrote:Man OTPT. You surly.

Like izzo, just trying to hold people accountable.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:44 pm

duffy munn wrote:

Coming from the guy who admitted he was scared of what uofm fans would say re the BTT final, and now MSU fans in this thread, the same may be true of you.

I don't like hearing shit from Walvies. I also grow tired of MSU fans bitching about Izzo. Which you surely would be doing, big time, if we lost last night.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:45 pm

I think this thread is the biggest of your posting career. Razz

Last edited by kingstonlake on Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:45 pm

Me too
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:09 pm

duffy munn wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:Duffy, you care more about what talking heads and fans say than what actually happens on the court/field. I don't get it, but to each their own.

And if you make a statement that you know is hyperbole, aren't you just trolling for attention and a reaction?
MiamiSpartan wrote:Duffy, you care more about what talking heads and fans say than what actually happens on the court/field. I don't get it, but to each their own.

And if you make a statement that you know is hyperbole, aren't you just trolling for attention and a reaction?

I wasn't trolling or looking for a reaction Miami. Like most message board posters I was looking for a discussion. It's my opinion that this weekend was very important. And not just for fans and talking heads but rather for the coach and his team.
Yes, it is important to win and advance. So why not start the thread saying it was important intead of the most important of his career? It is trolling. Or if you don't like that word, how about attention whoring? Click bait? They are all words for the same thing. Otherwise, why the hyperbole?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:24 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

I wasn't trolling or looking for a reaction Miami. Like most message board posters I was looking for a discussion. It's my opinion that this weekend was very important. And not just for fans and talking heads but rather for the coach and his team.
Yes, it is important to win and advance. So why not start the thread saying it was important intead of the most important of his career? It is trolling. Or if you don't like that word, how about attention whoring? Click bait? They are all words for the same thing. Otherwise, why the hyperbole?

Ok, I'll admit the title was a little over the top. I highly doubt a title of" this game is important" would have generated much discussion.

I'll say it again: everyone that posts on message board is looking for people to respond to what they post. I sure didn't intend to piss anyone off.

Sorry Miami.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:27 pm

duffy munn wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Ok, I'll admit the title was a little over the top. I highly doubt a title of" this game is important" would have generated much discussion.

I'll say it again: everyone that posts on message board is looking for people to respond to what they post. I sure didn't intend to piss anyone off.

Sorry Miami.

It's almost like....it....offended people? Like people are afraid of percieved slight or criticism.Is the game tomorrow the most important of Izzo's career? - Page 2 1550444538 Is the game tomorrow the most important of Izzo's career? - Page 2 1550444538 Razz Razz Wink Wink
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:18 pm

It was a poor take. It can be admitted and we can move on. Beat LSU!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:24 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:It was a poor take. It can be admitted and we can move on. Beat LSU!

Like it or not, fans, coaches, media....they all pay attention to words or perception. We all know what the perception was after a couple lottery picks were on the team last year and we flamed in round 2. It was legitimately a big win with that in consideration. Good for Izzo. Good for the team. Good for the fans. Good to get past the weekend. Good to talk about it. Good to move forward considering the last three years. Good to discuss it. Is the game tomorrow the most important of Izzo's career? - Page 2 969504605
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:28 pm

Hooray for me. Hooray for school.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:03 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:It was a poor take. It can be admitted and we can move on. Beat LSU!

Like it or not, fans, coaches, media....they all pay attention to words or perception. We all know what the perception was after a couple lottery picks were on the team last year and we flamed in round 2. It was legitimately a big win with that in consideration. Good for Izzo. Good for the team. Good for the fans. Good to get past the weekend. Good to talk about it. Good to move forward considering the last three years. Good to discuss it. Is the game tomorrow the most important of Izzo's career? - Page 2 969504605
I don't think anyone has said that it wasn't big or wasn't important. The method of the trolling subject line is just so RCMB-esque and worthy of ridicule, IMO.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:13 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

I don't think anyone has said that it wasn't big or wasn't important. The method of the trolling subject line is just so RCMB-esque and worthy of ridicule, IMO.

Fair enough. Don't post there so I'll take your work for it.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:40 pm

I haven't followed all of the slap fighting. But I will say I had the second post on the thread and agreed that Izzo really really wanted to get out of the first weekend. And then he directly contradicted that in his own words, somewhat convincingly.

I'm conclusion I think advancing to the sweet sixteen was more important for our fans and especially our fans that have to deal with wal Mart Nation... Than it was for Izzo.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:48 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I haven't followed all of the slap fighting. But I will say I had the second post on the thread and agreed that Izzo really really wanted to get out of the first weekend. And then he directly contradicted that in his own words, somewhat convincingly.

I'm conclusion I think advancing to the sweet sixteen was more important for our fans and especially our fans that have to deal with wal Mart Nation... Than it was for Izzo.

I read him saying he's accepted it the reasons why because he knows he may be a large part of it. If not the largest. And he's accepted it and ok with it. Have to move on. Learn. Evolve. Grow.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:00 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I haven't followed all of the slap fighting. But I will say I had the second post on the thread and agreed that Izzo really really wanted to get out of the first weekend. And then he directly contradicted that in his own words, somewhat convincingly.

I read him saying he's accepted it the reasons why because he knows he may be a large part of it. If not the largest. And he's accepted it and ok with it. Have to move on. Learn. Evolve. Grow.

Actually no. That's not what he said at all.

He said that they played well in '15. And the takeaway there was that no one was beating that team that day, especially without a defender who could guard a stretch 4.

He said that they were not good enough to make the tourney in '16 with their injuries. (And yet they won a game)

And he declined to discuss specifics of the situation last year but he clearly believes that the off court stuff had a large, grating impact on the team as the year went on.

And he's comfortable with all of that. He's comfortable here squeezed everything possible out of those teams.

I'm not gonna argue with him. He's a little closer to the situation that I am.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:21 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Actually no. That's not what he said at all.

He said that they played well in '15. And the takeaway there was that no one was beating that team that day, especially without a defender who could guard a stretch 4.

He said that they were not good enough to make the tourney in '16 with their injuries. (And yet they won a game)

And he declined to discuss specifics of the situation last year but he clearly believes that the off court stuff had a large, grating impact on the team as the year went on.

And he's comfortable with all of that. He's comfortable here squeezed everything possible out of those teams.

I'm not gonna argue with him. He's a little closer to the situation that I am.

Me neither. But I disagree.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:00 am

Puzzling. I'm sure your thoughts are something along the lines of - if they put JJJ in the middle of the zone, they beat Cuse and win the Region?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:26 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Puzzling. I'm sure your thoughts are something along the lines of - if they put JJJ in the middle of the zone, they beat Cuse and win the Region?

No.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:25 am

#TeamIzzo

The next game is always the most important game. Don't look past LSU, whatever might be ahead doesn't mean a damned thing without a win on Friday.

#FuckIt, FloorIt
#PPTPW
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:04 pm

This game is important.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:09 pm

NigelUno wrote:This game is important.

It’s against duke for the final four, not minny for the sweet 16. Get a grip.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:03 pm

NigelUno wrote:This game is important.

It’s against duke for the final four, not minny for the sweet 16. Get a grip.

Without the win against Minny this game doesn't happen. And this is not the time for this. Is the game tomorrow the most important of Izzo's career? - Page 2 969504605 Go fucking Green!
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2