Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial "Let's Old Guys at tSwill Share Advice Here" Thread..

+15
Heat Miser
Jake from State Farm
DWags
WhiteBoyHatcher
Other Teams Pursuing That
Nordic
duffy munn
kingstonlake
steveschneider
The Pantry
Rocinante
SawGreen
Senior Dickfist
tGreenWay
Robert J Sakimano
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

tOfficial "Let's Old Guys at tSwill Share Advice Here" Thread..  Empty tOfficial "Let's Old Guys at tSwill Share Advice Here" Thread..

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:59 pm

between talking about orthopedic pillows, blood pressure medications, "is a living will really necessary", talk of nursing homes, Mio, hearing aids, compression socks to increase lower extremity blood flow, etc.. I thought we might need a thread where us old guys can consolidate tips, recommendations, etc.

so.. let me just say that whoever invented the chewy Alka Seltzer antacids was doing the lord's work. No chalkiness with the same extra strength impact and, dare I say, a decent flavor.

do yourself a favor and pick some of these up:

tOfficial "Let's Old Guys at tSwill Share Advice Here" Thread..  1650055426

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial "Let's Old Guys at tSwill Share Advice Here" Thread..  Empty Re: tOfficial "Let's Old Guys at tSwill Share Advice Here" Thread..

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:59 pm

oh, and..

tOfficial "Let's Old Guys at tSwill Share Advice Here" Thread..  Giphy

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial "Let's Old Guys at tSwill Share Advice Here" Thread..  Empty Re: tOfficial "Let's Old Guys at tSwill Share Advice Here" Thread..

Post by tGreenWay Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:02 pm

Keep the worms warm.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:04 pm

At what age is it when your an old guy start. What if you've "artificially" aged yourself beyond the age according to your drivers license?
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:02 pm

Living forever is overrated.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:09 pm

extra strength gold bond is essential to your old crotch.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:14 pm

SawGreen wrote:Living forever is overrated.

That might be true, but we don’t know anything good or bad about death, mostly because no one has left a review on Trip Advisor yet.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:18 pm

Always wipe back to front. That front to back stuff is for pussies.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:23 pm

The Pantry wrote:Always wipe back to front. That front to back stuff is for pussies.

tOfficial "Let's Old Guys at tSwill Share Advice Here" Thread..  1966794946 tOfficial "Let's Old Guys at tSwill Share Advice Here" Thread..  1966794946
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:38 pm

The Pantry wrote:Always wipe back to front. That front to back stuff is for pussies.
tOfficial "Let's Old Guys at tSwill Share Advice Here" Thread..  1486952199
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:04 pm

lol Manly men don’t wipe. We squat and shit whenever and wherever we need to, then carry on our day. One of those corporate meetings being talked about? Yup, move away Ted from Accounting or you’re going to have a bad day.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:21 pm

Nothing good happens after 8pm. Always be home before street lights come on. Especially during daylight savings time.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:23 pm

I'm trying to figure out how to do that. It must take a lot of thumb.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:04 am

SawGreen wrote:

I'm trying to figure out how to do that. It must take a lot of thumb.
The thumb serves more as a paper clip. I'd be lost without my middle finger.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:33 am

Always keep two soaps in the shower. One for face and most of your body, and the other for your pooper and the stinky finger you use to swirl in, out, and around your poop chute. Do not mix these two soaps up. Ever.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:39 am

Bidet (thank you WBH). Game changer. Don't wait as long as I did.

tOfficial "Let's Old Guys at tSwill Share Advice Here" Thread..  1811933421
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:41 am

Travel.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:48 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Travel.

This x milly.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:56 am

tGreenWay wrote:Always keep two soaps in the shower. One for face and most of your body, and the other for your pooper and the stinky finger you use to swirl in, out, and around your poop chute. Do not mix these two soaps up. Ever.

Overruled: old dude says use a washcloth, not your finger, you barbarian.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:03 am

Rocinante wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Always keep two soaps in the shower. One for face and most of your body, and the other for your pooper and the stinky finger you use to swirl in, out, and around your poop chute. Do not mix these two soaps up. Ever.

Washcloth? That’s a good way to rot your bunghole and spread bits and chunks of human yuck to other towels in the laundry. Do you keep those washcloths separate so you don’t wind up washing your face with a poop cloth?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:36 am

tGreenWay wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Washcloth? That’s a good way to rot your bunghole and spread bits and chunks of human yuck to other towels in the laundry. Do you keep those washcloths separate so you don’t wind up washing your face with a poop cloth?

Am I living in crazy town? You regularly walk around with chunks of poop on your asshole? You dig your literal fingers into your asshole because your worried a washcloth, the thing which has a name that is exactly its function will get dirty? Have fun with your pinkeye, shitfinger.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:41 am

Get a bidet and a high quality removable shower head on a hose and you don't need to do either of those disgusting things you cretins.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:54 am

tOfficial "Let's Old Guys at tSwill Share Advice Here" Thread..  502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:26 am

I recommend having a color coded system to avoid grabbing the wrong bar of soap. I use the dial gold anti bacterial bar for the nether regions and the white dial spring water bar for every where else.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:36 am

steveschneider wrote:

I recommend having a color coded system to avoid grabbing the wrong bar of soap. I use the dial gold anti bacterial bar for the nether regions and the white dial spring water bar for every where else.

You are the only man on earth who does.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:05 am

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

and who the heck uses bar soap any more? Oh that's right, you guys are old.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:44 am

I recently switched back to bar soap for environmental purposes. One less plastic container going to the landfill. Also, body wash is mostly water...you know...the stuff you're standing under when you're using it. It's a scam.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:30 am

Jake from State Farm wrote:
DWags wrote:

We have those dispensers in our shower. Soap, shampoo, conditioner. Have to fill them back up once every 4 or 5 weeks. Just easier to do. Sometimes it's out and I don't realize it and that sucks, but I like it. You do have to take them out and saok them once in a while. The soap around the tops gets gummy and shit. But I like the dispensers.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:04 am

DWags wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:
DWags wrote:

We have those dispensers in our shower. Soap, shampoo, conditioner. Have to fill them back up once every 4 or 5 weeks. Just easier to do. Sometimes it's out and I don't realize it and that sucks, but I like it. You do have to take them out and saok them once in a while. The soap around the tops gets gummy and shit. But I like the dispensers.

You're able to get everyone to agree to use the same 3 products? Shocked
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:16 am

Heat Miser wrote:
DWags wrote:

My wife likes Irish Springs. That settles that. I just use her shampoo, whatever she wants, I don't care. My hair is white, I don't care if she uses shampoo's for hair color, for growth, for thickness or whatever. I never use conditioner. The kids, when home, have their own shower. The wife and I are pretty much in sync.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:21 pm

Heat Miser wrote:I recently switched back to bar soap for environmental purposes. One less plastic container going to the landfill. Also, body wash is mostly water...you know...the stuff you're standing under when you're using it. It's a scam.

Me too. And also, a lot of local kids make soap for some reason, so we like to support their charities.

steveschneider wrote:

anti bacterial is anti environment, steve.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:42 pm

DWags wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
DWags wrote:

My wife likes Irish Springs. That settles that. I just use her shampoo, whatever she wants, I don't care. My hair is white, I don't care if she uses shampoo's for hair color, for growth, for thickness or whatever. I never use conditioner. The kids, when home, have their own shower. The wife and I are pretty much in sync.

You're lucky. Mrs. Miser has more bottles of girly shampoos, conditioners, soaps, bath bombs & salts than I can count. I've gotten drunk in bars with fewer bottles.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:49 pm

Heat Miser wrote:
DWags wrote:

You're lucky. Mrs. Miser has more bottles of girly shampoos, conditioners, soaps, bath bombs & salts than I can count. I've gotten drunk in bars with fewer bottles.

Same here, I need to sort through about 20 bottles of conditioners to find the one bottle of shampoo.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:26 pm

yep - my lovely wife seems to use a different sort of product for every part of her body. I  often tell her that I could bathe with Joy dish detergent and wouldn't know the difference. And that's 100% true - in fact, I suspect I probably have bathed with dish detergent at some point.

heck, I just used some the other day to wash a shirt in the sink with. She would probably be appalled if I was man enough to tell her what I did.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:34 pm

OK... Old bastards... So, at what point is a pain something worth looking into? My knees have been bears the last couple weeks, but I just started to run again. That said, never had pain like this in the past... So, how do you know if you are just an achey old guy or if you have actual damage that requires medical attention?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:40 pm

Don't run. Problem solved.

I'm only partially kidding. I know it's not as convenient but find something else to do that isn't as taxing on your knees. Unless you are a beanpole running does as much damage to your joints as it does benefit your heart and lungs.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:45 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Don't run. Problem solved.

I'm only partially kidding. I know it's not as convenient but find something else to do that isn't as taxing on your knees. Unless you are a beanpole running does as much damage to your joints as it does benefit your heart and lungs.
this isn't entirely wrong, AvgMSUJoe..

I'd probably suggest you do some more moderate activity with less pounding on your joints.. something not as weight-bearing as running (which probably the most weight-bearing activity you can do). Walking, some cycling.. swimming, elliptical training, etc - it will not only work to strengthen the compartment of muscles, tendons and ligaments that encapsulate and protect your knees, but it can lead to initial weight loss prior to ramping up gradually to more running.. meaning there will not only be less weight coming down on your knees at impact but your knees will be in a better place to work to absorb some of that energy.

Going from being relatively sedentary to running can cause some issues... be smart and gradually work up to some intermittent running.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:26 pm

When you've developed a split stream at the toilet, you pinch it off and build as must pressure as your bladder/prostate can manage, then cut 'er loose.

(and enjoy singles ads on your social media for a few weeks)

Last edited by SawGreen on Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:39 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:OK... Old bastards... So, at what point is a pain something worth looking into? My knees have been bears the last couple weeks, but I just started to run again. That said, never had pain like this in the past... So, how do you know if you are just an achey old guy or if you have actual damage that requires medical attention?

You have a pool? Swimming is the answer. Get a good pair of goggles and a cap. If you do 1000 yrds a day you will be in incredible shape.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri May 03, 2019 12:06 pm

meh... knees are better, probably injury... will ease into running again when it warms up.

Now... different old guy topic (having nothing to do with Bobby Sak)....

Started Atkins-like diet (no sugar, carbs except beans...) with my 18 year old kid because he put on the "freshman 15" that was more like 40... To push him into healthier eating and me needing to drop 20, I figured what the hell. So, many weeks into this shit, the dude dropped 30+ lbs. Me... 7.

Da Fuq that all about? sheesh.

I'm going to switch to the weight watchers see what happens with that. (Shockingly, I'm suspecting I like my beers to much.)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next