Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sparty banned from the parade circuit

+15
Senior Dickfist
steveschneider
MiamiSpartan
Travis of the Cosmos
WhiteBoyHatcher
Robert J Sakimano
SPARTASOTAN
duffy munn
Other Teams Pursuing That
SawGreen
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
NigelUno
Floyd Robertson
tGreenWay
19 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Sparty banned from the parade circuit Empty Sparty banned from the parade circuit

Post by tGreenWay Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:01 pm

The University maintains it’s due to heatstroke and other health concerns.

Michigan State University's Sparty mascot can no longer participate in parades

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/2019/06/05/michigan-state-sparty-mascot-policy-parades/1356663001/
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Sparty banned from the parade circuit Empty Re: Sparty banned from the parade circuit

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:05 pm

Yeah, I'm not buying that excuse one bit.

Last edited by Floyd Robertson on Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Sparty banned from the parade circuit Empty Re: Sparty banned from the parade circuit

Post by NigelUno Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:10 pm

What about the Homecoming Parade?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:14 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:Yeah, I'm not buying that excuse one bit.

I agree. Something else is going on. What a crock, though. Kids love him and it’s such great outreach and building goodwill.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:25 pm

New President Hates Sparty: Confirmed

RIP to the athletic programs
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Sparty banned from the parade circuit Empty Sparty joins ranks of soft Americans.

Post by DWags Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:19 pm

Won’t let him march in parades anymore. Too dangerous to the people in them. Ftr daughter and her friends, including ex sparties are pissed.

Soft people running our alumni programs create soft mascot.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:20 pm

THIS IS COMPLETELY NEW INFORMATION!!!

Sparty banned from the parade circuit 1494614055
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:23 pm

Bump 4 DWags
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:28 pm

I'll just say, put Sparty in a convertible. Problem solved.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:36 pm

Once your daughters friends etc are away from MSU for 6 months they will realize they do not give a single fuck about this
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:42 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Once your daughters friends etc are away from MSU for 6 months they will realize they do not give a single fuck about this

Will they care about stuff posted on message boards?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:45 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Once your daughters friends etc are away from MSU for 6 months they will realize they do not give a single fuck about this

Dwags daughters, their friends and hell everyone, should be more like you.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:47 pm

duffy munn wrote:

No one should try to be like someone else. The beauty of humanity and life.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:52 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

No one should try to be like someone else. The beauty of humanity and life.

Except for the people who drink Bud Light. They should try to be like you and drink better beer.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:09 pm

I don’t know. It might be a different feeling when you’ve been a part of a team. But who can answer for them? We’ll find out.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:15 pm

DWags wrote:

But who can answer for them?

OTPT
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:15 pm

DWags wrote:

I don’t know. It might be a different feeling when you’ve been a part of a team. But who can answer for them? We’ll find out.

Yeah, fair, just gotta think that will fade quickly as time goes on.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTASOTAN Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:58 pm

Sparty been trying to party in attendees pants?
SPARTASOTAN
SPARTASOTAN
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:08 pm

SPARTASOTAN wrote:Sparty been trying to party in attendees pants?

Sparty pants party! Sparty banned from the parade circuit 2275418548
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:54 pm

Climate change is a muthafucka.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:57 pm

Someone PM Sparty2QP and ask him if he gives a single fuck about this.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:58 pm

They should just not have parades at all in the first place
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:01 pm

I think they should still have parades but participants should be mandated to carry tiki torches in them.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:07 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I think they should still have parades but participants should be mandated to carry tiki torches in them.

Goose is back!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:34 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I think they should still have parades but participants should be mandated to carry tiki torches in them.

And khaki pants.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:59 pm

Kid said to me tonight (and she's been texting with some Sparty, "well if they can't walk in parades, how are they going to do 4 quarters of a hot football game?"
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:54 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:They should just not have parades at all in the first place

They are bad.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:06 am

DWags wrote:Kid said to me tonight (and she's been texting with some Sparty, "well if they can't walk in parades, how are they going to do 4 quarters of a hot football game?"
My first thought about this was that "health concerns" is just code for insurance and liability concerns. And that still is probably the case. But that's a good point about a long, hot game. Maybe that is easier for them to take breaks, rehydrate, etc. They can mandate a break every X minutes, or whatever the insurance requires. I don't know, that's all I can think of
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:13 am

Maybe it's time for them to use this moment to upgrade the Sparty Suit to include a coolant system, adantium armor and an exoskeleton that gives Sparty super human strength.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:21 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:They should just not have parades at all in the first place

They are bad.

Most of the reason that I don’t care that sparty won’t be in a parade is that parades are terrible and should be outlawed. Holding a parade should be punishable by jailtime. Everyone that is in a parade should be like “nope we can’t for safety concerns (also parades are fucking stupid what is this 1951)”
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:27 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

They are bad.

Most of the reason that I don’t care that sparty won’t be in a parade is that parades are terrible and should be outlawed. Holding a parade should be punishable by jailtime. Everyone that is in a parade should be like “nope we can’t for safety concerns (also parades are fucking stupid what is this 1951)”

They are fun for kids.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:38 am

steveschneider wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

They are fun for kids.

Are they though? Are they? Maybe parents have just deluded themselves into thinking it’s fun for the kids when really the kids are bored most of the time and we’re here for the parents.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:46 am

I always enjoy the Homecoming Parade.. few beers at The Peanut Barrel and stand around Grand River catching the sights.. walk home.

oh - and both the 2000 National Championship basketball parade and the 2007 National Champion hockey parade were pretty cool, too.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:52 am

If I’m taking my children to a parade and that’s the best thing i got i have failed them
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:54 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:If I’m taking my children to a parade and that’s the best thing i got i have failed them
you should really go to the parade!! I mean, you'd LOVE it.. have you ever been? Wasn't it great?!?! Why won't you go?!?!

sincerely,

People Who Implore Me To Visit Places I Have No Interest In Visiting

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:01 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:If I’m taking my children to a parade and that’s the best thing i got i have failed them

I know you won't agree with this now but as you get older/have kids etc your cynical views on just about everything will change.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:03 am

Give it a rest duff. You’re exhausting.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:03 am

I went to the Thanksgiving parade downtown this year for the first time and I gotta say it was pretty cool for about a half hour. Then I got cold.

Also we got to march in the St. Paddy's Day parade in Corktown last year with some horses and that was pretty cool.

The next parade that I'm looking forward to is early April 2020.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:23 am

Em. O.K. Sentences like this can only be written by those without kids. And that's cool. If I recall, I was the best parent that ever lived before I had kids. After they actually came out of the birth canal, well, I realized how much I suck as a parent.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:25 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
you should really go to the parade!! I mean, you'd LOVE it.. have you ever been? Wasn't it great?!?! Why won't you go?!?!

sincerely,

People Who Implore Me To Visit Places I Have No Interest In Visiting

I hear there's a great parade on Mackinaw Island. You should kill the two birds with one bazooka.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next