Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guy anniversary gifts

+19
Cameron
MSU addict
The Pantry
Turtleneck
Wally Fairway
DWags
Nordic
tGreenWay
Senior Dickfist
MiamiSpartan
steveschneider
SeeRockCity
Heat Miser
Other Teams Pursuing That
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
Dendrobates
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Guy anniversary gifts - Page 2 Empty Re: Guy anniversary gifts

Post by SeeRockCity 2019-06-07, 16:39

tGreenWay wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:Also, I got one of these for a work anniversary gift from my company:

Guy anniversary gifts - Page 2 5bf14c7d-9ee3-402b-bb8a-f946f629d715?size=784x588

Yeti Soft Sided Cooler

I really love that thing.  It's perfect for road trips or day outings.

Day outings? So you just roam around calling randos gay?

No, that is not what I meant. Why would you need a cooler for that?
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-06-07, 17:14

An ICP concert.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-06-07, 17:16

Dendrobates wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:What is Nevets' favorite hobby? Maybe something for that.

Well we are taking a 4 day weekend to the UP (which will be my first time in the UP), and going hiking/kayaking. So we’re doing his favorite hobby together.
Now if I had the space to buy some kayaks, I would totally do that. But we’re pretty limited in that.
Can't believe you've never been to the UP. Where you going up there?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-06-07, 18:36

SeeRockCity wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Day outings? So you just roam around calling randos gay?

No, that is not what I meant. Why would you need a cooler for that?

For when things get hot between you and the gay dude? Guy anniversary gifts - Page 2 2599972566
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2019-06-07, 22:43

Another kid

A new grill/smoker.

Sous vide cooker.

MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2019-06-08, 08:47

Great suggestions guys! I knew you would come through for me.

As the for anal, I never did say who would get the anal Guy anniversary gifts - Page 2 3003718628
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2019-06-08, 08:49

The Pantry wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

Well we are taking a 4 day weekend to the UP (which will be my first time in the UP), and going hiking/kayaking. So we’re doing his favorite hobby together.
Now if I had the space to buy some kayaks, I would totally do that. But we’re pretty limited in that.
Can't believe you've never been to the UP. Where you going up there?

Yea, it’s pretty sad. We’re going to do hiking and kayaking around painted rocks and then go to Tahquamenon falls.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-06-08, 10:18

Dendrobates wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Can't believe you've never been to the UP.  Where you going up there?

Yea, it’s pretty sad. We’re going to do hiking and kayaking around painted rocks and then go to Tahquamenon falls.

If you're going to Tahquamenon, you might as well go to Whitefish Point as well and check out the lighthouse, it's not too far from Tahquamenon.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-06-08, 12:57

Our 25th anniversary is in August.

I am praying for a surprise trip to the UP. What more could I possibly ask for.. Everyone says I'd love it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-06-08, 13:06

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Our 25th anniversary is in August.

I am praying for a surprise trip to the UP. What more could I possibly ask for.. Everyone says I'd love it.

You could stop in Mio for a pie.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-06-08, 13:14

Guy anniversary gifts - Page 2 15YETUTNDR45XXXXXODR_Blue?wid=500&fmt=jpg
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-06-08, 16:50

Dendrobates wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Can't believe you've never been to the UP. Where you going up there?

You mean pictured rocks, right?

Since you'll probably take US-2 out of St. Ignace some places to hit:
Mystery Spot (5-6 miles from S.I.)
Lehto's Pasties (about 7 miles)
Cut River Bridge (25 miles, hike down into the gorge)
Cut River Store (couple miles past the bridge, Goose's place for smoked fish)

Like Cam said, minus well hit Whitefish Point while you're up there. And, the Soo if you have time.

Are you camping?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2019-06-08, 19:12

The Pantry wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

You mean pictured rocks, right?

Like Cam said, minus well hit Whitefish Point while you're up there. And, the Soo if you have time.

Are you camping?

No we’re not camping. There’s a lot we want to do but only have a 4 day weekend. So we will get to what we can. But better than nothing. I have a lot of childhood to make up for since I almost never left Jackson county growing up.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2019-06-08, 19:14

Gift cards never disappoint
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-06-08, 20:12

DWags wrote:

You could stop in Mio for a pie.
I don't know man.. Lots of sugar in those, I suspect

I mean, just look how sweet Guest is.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-06-08, 21:27

Dendrobates wrote:
The Pantry wrote:You mean pictured rocks, right?

Are you camping?

No we’re not camping. There’s a lot we want to do but only have a 4 day weekend. So we will get to what we can. But better than nothing. I have a lot of childhood to make up for since I almost never left Jackson county growing up.
None of the places on US-2 would take that long. Mystery Spot is nothing special, but just to say you've been there. Would definitely stop at the Cut River Bridge. There are steps on the east side that take you down ~150 feet to the river. The bridge is pretty cool from down below. Construction started in 1941 but was not finished until after WWII. Think it got renovated last year.

Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore is near Munising. If you have a chance, hit a pasty place called Muldoon's.

You will spend some time on M-28. Couple small towns along it called Shingleton and Seney. Between them is a piece of M-28 known as The Seney Stretch. Pay attention when getting on it from either end. Look straight ahead down the road. You won't see an end to it...the road seems to disappear at the horizon. 25 miles of dead-flat, dead-straight road with pretty much nothing on either side of it. There use to be a picnic bench and garbage can at the midway point but I haven't been up there in years. There are train tracks on the south side of the run. If you're lucky you'll spot a train to help break up the monotony.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-06-09, 07:29

The Pantry wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

None of the places on US-2 would take that long. Mystery Spot is nothing special, but just to say you've been there. Would definitely stop at the Cut River Bridge. There are steps on the east side that take you down ~150 feet to the river. The bridge is pretty cool from down below. Construction started in 1941 but was not finished until after WWII. Think it got renovated last year.

Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore is near Munising. If you have a chance, hit a pasty place called Muldoon's.

You will spend some time on M-28. Couple small towns along it called Shingleton and Seney. Between them is a piece of M-28 known as The Seney Stretch. Pay attention when getting on it from either end. Look straight ahead down the road. You won't see an end to it...the road seems to disappear at the horizon. 25 miles of dead-flat, dead-straight road with pretty much nothing on either side of it. There use to be a picnic bench and garbage can at the midway point but I haven't been up there in years. There are train tracks on the south side of the run. If you're lucky you'll spot a train to help break up the monotony.
wow. I should really go there. Like really REALLY go.

Why wouldn't I go? Never been there before.. I have no idea what I'm missing.

I should go.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-06-09, 08:37

A Trump 2020 flag.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2019-06-09, 13:19

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
The Pantry wrote:None of the places on US-2 would take that long. Mystery Spot is nothing special, but just to say you've been there. Would definitely stop at the Cut River Bridge. There are steps on the east side that take you down ~150 feet to the river. The bridge is pretty cool from down below. Construction started in 1941 but was not finished until after WWII. Think it got renovated last year.

wow. I should really go there. Like really REALLY go.

Why wouldn't I go? Never been there before.. I have no idea what I'm missing.

I should go.

That would be 25 minutes of your life you could never get back, unless you drive really fast, then it might be ten or fifteen minutes.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-06-09, 15:35

Jake from State Farm wrote:That would be 25 minutes of your life you could never get back, unless you drive really fast, then it might be ten or fifteen minutes.
Just to save you some time, here's the drive in one minute at roughly twice the speed of sound. Like I said, haven't been up there in years. Looks like they installed a couple passing zones. Good idea but takes some of the fun out of the run. Also, the stretch has grown in a lot. There use to be almost no trees between the road and train tracks.

A short winter vid of the stretch.

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-06-09, 17:28

Jake from State Farm wrote:
That would be 25 minutes of your life you could never get back, unless you drive really fast, then it might be ten or fifteen minutes.
I should really go. I think I'd LOVE it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-06-09, 17:54

Bob you know what I think you'd like?

Let me take you on a round of golf. I'll buy. You can wear whatever you want so long as your shirt is collared.

I'm just kidding. I don't like golf anymore, I mostly like sitting in the cart and drinking.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-06-09, 19:27

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Bob you know what I think you'd like?

Let me take you on a round of golf. I'll buy. You can wear whatever you want so long as your shirt is collared.

I'm just kidding. I don't like golf anymore, I mostly like sitting in the cart and drinking.
Guy anniversary gifts - Page 2 502811600

I worked at two rather upscale country clubs in the NC mountains when I was in undergrad. They were great jobs. Never played golf though.

I do like drinking beer.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-06-09, 19:49

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Bob you know what I think you'd like?

I worked at two rather upscale country clubs in the NC mountains when I was in undergrad. They were great jobs. Never played golf though.

I do like drinking beer.

You really can't play golf without drinking beer. I mean I tried it once but I think I was 12 years old.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-06-09, 20:04

The Pantry wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:That would be 25 minutes of your life you could never get back, unless you drive really fast, then it might be ten or fifteen minutes.
Just to save you some time, here's the drive in one minute at roughly twice the speed of sound.  Like I said, haven't been up there in years.  Looks like they installed a couple passing zones.  Good idea but takes some of the fun out of the run.  Also, the stretch has grown in a lot.  There use to be almost no trees between the road and train tracks.

A short winter vid of the stretch.  

We used to get beer in Seney on the way up to camping/fishing toward Grand Marias. I.haven't been up that way in a long time. Thinking about dragging the kids up there this summer.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-06-09, 20:22

duffy munn wrote:
You really can't play golf without drinking beer. I mean I tried it once but I think I was 12 years old.

In a welcome turn of events, though, you can drink beer without playing golf.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-06-09, 20:31

I prefer bourbon while golfing actually. If you're able to separate your actual golf game from the experience it's pretty damn cool. If you just look at a golf course - it's pretty. Everything is manicured. Some courses are prettier than others. Man I would pay $150 again or whatever it is just to sit in a cart and look at Arcadia Bluffs and just sip bourbon. Absolutely beautiful.

Golf is kind of fun when you get out there and hit a good shot or two. But it quickly gets ruined when you realize your short game sucks ass or you shank 3 drives in a row. I'm simply never going to be good enough to NOT do that. And that's cool.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-06-09, 21:11

Nordic wrote:
We used to get beer in Seney on the way up to camping/fishing toward Grand Marias. I.haven't been up that way in a long time. Thinking about dragging the kids up there this summer.
Muskallonge SP is nice with Muskallonge Lake on one side of the road and Superior on the other. Saw my first bald eagle there.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-06-09, 21:21

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I prefer bourbon while golfing actually. If you're able to separate your actual golf game from the experience it's pretty damn cool. If you just look at a golf course - it's pretty. Everything is manicured. Some courses are prettier than others. Man I would pay $150 again or whatever it is just to sit in a cart and look at Arcadia Bluffs and just sip bourbon. Absolutely beautiful.

Golf is kind of fun when you get out there and hit a good shot or two. But it quickly gets ruined when you realize your short game sucks ass or you shank 3 drives in a row. I'm simply never going to be good enough to NOT do that. And that's cool.

I also like to smoke weed when I play golf. It enhances the nature. It also makes believe I'm good. And when I realize I'm not I don't care.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-06-09, 21:25

Sounds fun Duff. I've never smoked weed. I don't think. I inhaled a vape pen in Tempe this fall after I hurt my neck. I'm not sure if that counts or not.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-06-09, 21:32

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Golf sucks
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-06-09, 21:39

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: Guy anniversary gifts - Page 2 502811600

Golf sucks

Name another sport you can play while drinking beer and smoking weed.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-06-10, 08:06

duffy munn wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Golf sucks

fishing.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-06-10, 08:23

Bowling
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-06-10, 08:24

Softball
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-06-10, 08:26

Pool
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-06-10, 08:28

duffy munn wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Golf sucks

Just about all of them, if you don't care about winning.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-06-10, 08:47

Cameron wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Just about all of them, if you don't care about winning.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-06-10, 09:11

Guy anniversary gifts - Page 2 TSNCSMUFLRLBTUMIS_s_2048x

or

Guy anniversary gifts - Page 2 TSNCFLRLBTUMIS_s_2048x

or

Guy anniversary gifts - Page 2 TSNCQTFRTPTRNBTUMIS_p_2048x

The problem is your husband runs the risk of being a GreenWay clone.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2019-06-10, 09:21

duffy munn wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Golf sucks

Jarts - which I believe was invented only to be played while drinking or doing drugs {why not both gif}

then again most of you are too young to have actually played jarts
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next