Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A downtown Okemos is green lighted by Meridian township

+10
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
MiamiSpartan
AvgMSUJoe
Jake from State Farm
tGreenWay
Other Teams Pursuing That
steveschneider
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A downtown Okemos is green lighted by Meridian township  - Page 2 Empty Re: A downtown Okemos is green lighted by Meridian township

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-07-16, 09:42

maybe they could open another Chick-Fil-A and make it "SUV" only.. A downtown Okemos is green lighted by Meridian township  - Page 2 2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

A downtown Okemos is green lighted by Meridian township  - Page 2 Empty Re: A downtown Okemos is green lighted by Meridian township

Post by steveschneider 2019-07-16, 09:50

Will downtown Okemos be hip?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-07-16, 09:58

steveschneider wrote:Will downtown Okemos be hip?
if by "hip" you mean a prosthetic store specializing in ambulatory devices specific to patients recovering from hip replacements, then, yes.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-07-16, 10:04

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Will downtown Okemos be hip?
if by "hip" you mean a prosthetic store specializing in ambulatory devices specific to patients recovering from hip replacements, then, yes.

A downtown Okemos is green lighted by Meridian township  - Page 2 1966794946 A downtown Okemos is green lighted by Meridian township  - Page 2 1966794946 A downtown Okemos is green lighted by Meridian township  - Page 2 1966794946
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-07-16, 10:07

I think Okemos should build a winning football program before they do anything else. So tired of seeing communities invest in stuff that doesn't matter.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-07-16, 10:24

Robert J Sakimano wrote:maybe they could open another Chick-Fil-A and make it "SUV" only.. A downtown Okemos is green lighted by Meridian township  - Page 2 2599972566
Oh Bob... I've tried to hate on ChickFilA too... but them sammiches are so good.

Same with the cheap cheap prices of Walmart and vast selection of stuff at Hobby Lobby.

My political will doesn't trump my cheapness (or fondness of juicy chicken delights) apparently.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-07-16, 10:25

Turtleneck wrote:I think Okemos should build a winning football program before they do anything else. So tired of seeing communities invest in stuff that doesn't matter.
Epitome of a "Small Town 'Merica" post right here.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-07-16, 10:28

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:maybe they could open another Chick-Fil-A and make it "SUV" only.. A downtown Okemos is green lighted by Meridian township  - Page 2 2599972566
Oh Bob... I've tried to hate on ChickFilA too... but them sammiches are so good.

Same with the cheap cheap prices of Walmart and vast selection of stuff at Hobby Lobby.

My political will doesn't trump my cheapness (or fondness of juicy chicken delights) apparently.
I have my health to worry about.

however, doesn't Okemos already have a ChickFila, a Wal-Mart and a Hobby Lobby??

I could be wrong.. if so, it sounds like my kind of place.

(if only it was Up North)...
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-07-16, 10:32

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

I have my health to worry about.

however, doesn't Okemos already have a ChickFila, a Wal-Mart and a Hobby Lobby??

Aren’t those three entities mostly southern?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-07-16, 10:33

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: EL > all of mid-Michigan combined.

I'm not sure I can trust your judgement on this one Bob. From what I gather, the only time you leave EL is to travel to North Carolina.

True, but he goes to the Up North part of North Carolina.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-07-16, 10:35

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I have my health to worry about.

Aren’t those three entities mostly southern?
not sure about Hobby Lobby but the others, I do believe so.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-07-16, 10:36

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:I think Okemos should build a winning football program before they do anything else. So tired of seeing communities invest in stuff that doesn't matter.

Little pink houses for you and me.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-07-16, 10:41

tGreenWay wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Little pink houses for you and me.
I swear a good 55% of the po' ass population of my berg would trade their first born for a winning high school football team.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-07-16, 10:42

Downtown Okemos, a great place to wear some cargo shorts, birkentsocks, a Tommy Bahama shirt and drink a Lime Rita.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-07-16, 10:57

steveschneider wrote:Downtown Okemos, a great place to wear some cargo shorts, birkentsocks, a Tommy Bahama shirt and drink a Lime Rita.

Damn, I’m currently 3/4 of what you described
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-07-16, 11:32

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Downtown Okemos, a great place to wear some cargo shorts, birkentsocks, a Tommy Bahama shirt and drink a Lime Rita.

A downtown Okemos is green lighted by Meridian township  - Page 2 502811600

.."and, so, Ladies and Gentlemen.. it is with a vigorous fervor that I, Sir DWags of tSwill, announce my candidacy for the mayor of Okemos"..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-07-16, 11:34

DWags wrote:

I go biblical when I get this sort of flack... Matthew 7:1 "Judge not lest ye be judged"... And screw the haters.

You be you DWags.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-07-16, 11:49

DWags wrote:

Honestly I'm 2/4ths. I have flip flops instead of the birkenstocks.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-07-16, 11:51

steveschneider wrote:
DWags wrote:

Both are terrible. Cameron, do you wear either?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-07-16, 12:01

Turtleneck wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I only bought them for travel (hotel showers/floors) and for the beach. I evolved though, I get so lazy sometimes I wear them around.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-07-16, 12:11

steveschneider wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I only bought them for travel (hotel showers/floors) and for the beach. I evolved though, I get so lazy sometimes I wear them around.
 I suspect lots of people in Okemos wear sandals.. just pull yourself up a pickle-flavored slice of deep-fried Jesus and you'll fit right in.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-07-16, 13:00

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

.."and, so, Ladies and Gentlemen.. it is with a vigorous fervor that I, Sir DWags of tSwill, announce my candidacy for the mayor of Okemos"..

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-07-16, 13:11

Note to self: You are not cool enough to hang with swillers... They will definitely judge you on your footwear and probably your alcohol choice.

pale A downtown Okemos is green lighted by Meridian township  - Page 2 4177874726 No
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-07-16, 13:15

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Note to self: You are not cool enough to hang with swillers... They will definitely judge you on your footwear and probably your alcohol choice.

pale A downtown Okemos is green lighted by Meridian township  - Page 2 4177874726 No

what fun is the internet if we can't judge people?? Wink

(btw - DWags gave me a Bud Light at his tailgate party.. because I'm not a beer snob, I happily guzzled it).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-07-16, 13:18

For Bob... it's hit the Twitters.

[tw]1151124538391977985[/tw]
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-07-16, 13:35

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-07-16, 14:08

I've never tried Chick Filet. What am I missing here?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-07-16, 14:12

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I've never tried Chick Filet. What am I missing here?
I suspect about 4 inches from your waistline and a whole bunch of jesus.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-07-16, 14:26

Nothing
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-07-16, 14:27

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
I suspect about 4 inches from your waistline and a whole bunch of jesus.

A downtown Okemos is green lighted by Meridian township  - Page 2 4c28dfe25e2b7524eeb0c2b22212842e
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-07-16, 15:07

Deliciousness. Serious man. Good stuff.

Yeah there is the crazy... but come on, EVERYTHING is crazy if you really think about it.

(Hell, Hendrick Meijer's grandkid was primarying Amash for actually having the balls to stand up to Trump... but I gotta grocery shop SOMEWHERE???? Let alone Walmart being the biggest welfare queens in the country, owned by right wing nuts....)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-07-16, 15:12

Turtleneck wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

First of all, you can go fuck yourself.

Second, I don't own or wear birkenstocks. I have some flip flops that I wear to pools and beaches.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-07-16, 15:35

Cameron wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Second, I don't own or wear birkenstocks. I have some flip flops that I wear to pools and beaches.

I think the Dude in Big Lebowski wears some at the grocery store with his bath robe. When I'm lazy I wear them around.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-07-16, 15:37

Cameron wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Well, I guess I'm #TeamNobody now.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-07-16, 15:38

steveschneider wrote:
Cameron wrote:

I think the Dude in Big Lebowski wears some at the grocery store with his bath robe. When I'm lazy I wear them around.

I'm fairly certain the Dude wears jelly shoes, not flip flops. Regardless, it is a bad idea to try to emulate the Dude. No one can really pull that off.

Side note, during my time at MSU, there was a guy I saw a few times waiting at the CATA stop in a bathrobe. Clearly a Big Lebowski fan, and also clearly not pulling off the look. It was kind of sad.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-07-16, 15:40

Turtleneck wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Well, I guess I'm #TeamNobody now.

You had your chance to do the right thing when it really mattered, and you blew it. I'm not interested in steve's sloppy seconds.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-07-16, 15:41

boots every day.

(with the exception of when I'm running or on my bike).

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-07-16, 15:44

Robert J Sakimano wrote:boots every day.

I'm now picturing Bob as Costanza in his timberlands.

Do you feel short when you don't have your boots on, Bob?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-07-16, 15:45

Do you wear lifts Bob? Are you heightening?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-07-16, 15:48

Cameron wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:boots every day.

I'm now picturing Bob as Costanza in his timberlands.

Do you feel short when you don't have your boots on, Bob?
if I knew how to take a picture and post it, I would.. literally wearing a pair of steel-toed Timberland work boots right now.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next