Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial I Hate the Fucking Sun Devils Game Thread

+19
GRR Spartan
Jake from State Farm
I.B. Fine
Bill Cain
By-Tor
DWags
Turtleneck
tGreenWay
Heat Miser
Floyd Robertson
MiamiSpartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
AvgMSUJoe
Rocinante
Cameron
steveschneider
kingstonlake
Watch Out Pylon!
Nordic
23 posters

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

tOfficial I Hate the Fucking Sun Devils Game Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: tOfficial I Hate the Fucking Sun Devils Game Thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-09-14, 20:57

Hands to the face penalty was horseshit. Zero intent. Should not get called 70% of the time. It did.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial I Hate the Fucking Sun Devils Game Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: tOfficial I Hate the Fucking Sun Devils Game Thread

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-09-14, 21:00

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Hands to the face penalty was horseshit. Zero intent. Should not get called 70% of the time. It did.
Especially when they had a blatant hands to the face earlier in the game...and instead called holding on US!
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2019-09-14, 21:00

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Zero blame on the D. Zero. I mean I need to rewatch but I think they did exactly what a great D does. And they made the adjustment at half. Daniels is not a guy that looks to run. As such, with his one read throws, you drop everyone. We still got pressure. Worked spectacularly. Until we committed stupid penalties, Butler had a bust, and then he decided to run. Can't blame the D.

The bigger thing is on ST and the Offense. They moved the ball pretty much at will against a very good D. But only wound up with 7 points. That's where the blame lies.

Again, not something that is season ending. But hey...those OL injuries might just be.

Zero blame? That D should ice the game every time in that situation. That's the whole point of having a dominant D. If they can't close out a close game what's the point? 7-3 or 27-23 the situation is the same. Hold the lead and win the game.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-09-14, 21:02

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Hands to the face penalty was horseshit. Zero intent. Should not get called 70% of the time. It did.

Only got called because he saw the fumble so he threw the flag
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-09-14, 21:03

MiamiSpartan wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Was there any doubt we were going to go run/run/hope and pray/punt when we got the ball back with 5 minutes left?

That doesn't have much to do with what you said though, it's funny that you went even more reductive.

I'm sorry you can't comprehend how big a role coaching plays in a games outcome.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-09-14, 21:03

Heat Miser wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

Made one bad play on the double move deep ball. What more should they do have 0 bad plays? That's pretty unrealistic

Hands to the face negates fumble recovery. Allowed the scramble on 4th and 13. So many blown opportunities.

Hands to the face was only called because of the fumble. 4th and 13 was all on the coaching staff
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2019-09-14, 21:04

aualum06 wrote:

Don't put yourself in that situation. The clear answer is keep your fucking hands away from the face. Eliminate the bad call possibility.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-09-14, 21:05

Heat Miser wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

Don't put yourself in that situation. The clear answer is keep your fucking hands away from the face. Eliminate the bad call possibility.

That's a bs take IMO. I get what your saying but there is literally no way they call that except for the fumble. Same way with the offensive pi on Dotson that was a clear defensive holding.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2019-09-14, 21:06

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Don't know bruh. Maybe you could post more Pro Trump shit during the game and that would help.

WTF?
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-09-14, 21:06

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Zero blame on the D. Zero. I mean I need to rewatch but I think they did exactly what a great D does. And they made the adjustment at half. Daniels is not a guy that looks to run. As such, with his one read throws, you drop everyone. We still got pressure. Worked spectacularly. Until we committed stupid penalties, Butler had a bust, and then he decided to run. Can't blame the D.

The bigger thing is on ST and the Offense. They moved the ball pretty much at will against a very good D. But only wound up with 7 points. That's where the blame lies.

Again, not something that is season ending. But hey...those OL injuries might just be.
He had 8 or 9 scrambles, I wouldn't say he doesn't look to run. Rushing 3 on that play is on Tressel. Also not sure why we stunted the DT all the way to the left leaving no one at all in the middle. If we left a LB or two to spy, I'd be ok rushing 3. But to let them drag all 8 of your people down field 20 yards? I don't think it is fair to say the D is to blame, but it also isn't fair to say they get zero blame, IMO
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-09-14, 21:07

Check how late the flag comes in from way behind the play

[tw]1173006955406925824?s=19[/tw]
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-09-14, 21:08

kingstonlake wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

That doesn't have much to do with what you said though, it's funny that you went even more reductive.

I'm sorry you can't comprehend how big a role coaching plays in a games outcome.
Is it 100% of the outcome?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2019-09-14, 21:08

aualum06 wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

Made one bad play on the double move deep ball. What more should they do have 0 bad plays? That's pretty unrealistic

Hands to the face negates fumble recovery. Allowed the scramble on 4th and 13. So many blown opportunities.

Hands to the face was only called because of the fumble. 4th and 13 was all on the coaching staff

The bottom line is our "elite" D had a chance to close out the game and didn't get it done. Make all the excuses you want but that's the reality. 75 yards.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-09-14, 21:09

Heat Miser wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

The bottom line is our "elite" D had a chance to close out the game and didn't get it done. Make all the excuses you want but that's the reality. 75 yards.

Like I say to expect the d to be perfect every game is bs imo.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-09-14, 21:09

Also, it isn't like we left the D on the field too long. We had 33 min to 27 min posssession.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2019-09-14, 21:12

aualum06 wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

Perfect? No. Perfect is 3 and out. Just get a stop somewhere before they get 75 yards. They had multiple chances and missed them all.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain 2019-09-14, 21:12

D needs to make plays when the game is on the line. It’s what separates great defenses from being elite
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-09-14, 21:13

Heat Miser wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

Perfect? No. Perfect is 3 and out. Just get a stop somewhere before they get 75 yards. They had multiple chances and missed them all.

And on the biggest chance after burning two valuable timeouts the coaches put them in a terrible position
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2019-09-14, 21:14

Bill Cain wrote:D needs to make plays when the game is on the line. It’s what separates great defenses from being elite

Fuck. Now I'm in a situation where I'm in agreement with your dumb ass.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2019-09-14, 21:18

aualum06 wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

And on the biggest chance after burning two valuable timeouts the coaches put them in a terrible position

I never said it's all in the D, but they're certainly not blameless.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2019-09-14, 21:19

I do not like to speak badly of players because with few exception, the vast majority of players on the field want to win.

I don’t think Lewerke has “it”. He’s a good guy who seems to get along with his teammates but there have been too many games where the team needs plays he comes up short.

Looking back Hoyer had “it” as did Cousins and Cook. With those guys especially Cousins and Cook, they found ways to win.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-09-14, 21:20

GRR Spartan wrote:I do not like to speak badly of players b case with few exception, the vast majority of players on the field want to win.

I don’t think Lewerke has “it”. He’s a good guy who seems to get along with his teammates but there have been too many games where the team needs plays he comes up short.

Looking back Hoyer had “it” as did Cousins and Cook. With those guys especially Cousins and Cook, they found ways to win.

So leading what should have been the game tying drive in under 50 seconds means he doesn't have it?
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-09-14, 21:21

Heat Miser wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

Lol come on man. They gave up two drives the whole game. Sucks it was at the end
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-09-14, 21:23

MiamiSpartan wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Is it 100% of the outcome?

Ok, Nigel. I'd be willing to bet the coaching staff makes close to 100% of the play calls on both sides of the ball. We got the ball back with roughly 5 minutes left. A couple first downs and you probably ice the game. Two runs plays right into the line. 3 and out. So much imagination.... 3rd and 13, rush 3 get your back 8 sucked into coverage 20 yards down field. Nice call coach. The two most crucial set of downs and two bullshit coaching decisions. I'll leave you to split hairs, play the literal game, and make excuses.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-09-14, 21:24

I'm going to stop giving a fuck and enjoy the rest of my weekend. Peace bros.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2019-09-14, 21:26

aualum06 wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

Lol come on man. They gave up two drives the whole game. Sucks it was at the end

Well yeah, if you're gonna give up a TD at the most critical time then I guess we should never put them in that position. So now your asking the O to never put the game in doubt late. That's not realistic. I'm sure Coach D likes that situation with that D 100 times out of 100.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-09-14, 21:28

Heat Miser wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

Well yeah, if you're gonna give up a TD at the most critical time then I guess we should never put them in that position. So now your asking the O to never put the game in doubt late. That's not realistic. I'm sure Coach D likes that situation with that D 100 times out of 100.

I see where your coming from but asking them to be perfect because you can't make a fg or finish a fricken drive on offense is horse crap
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2019-09-14, 21:34

aualum06 wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

I see where your coming from but asking them to be perfect because you can't make a fg or finish a fricken drive on offense is horse crap

Again. "Perfect" is not getting one stop within 75 yards.
I'll agree if you make one of the earlier FGs it's mute, but that's water over the bridge at that point.

There were probably a dozen "make this play and it's game over" plays in that game and we missed them all. The odds are just insane. I thought only JLS teams could pull that shit.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2019-09-14, 21:36

And BTW, that was a true freshman QB on the road shredding our D late.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-09-14, 21:37

Heat Miser wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

I'll agree if you make one of the earlier FGs it's mute, but that's water over the bridge at that point.

There were probably a dozen "make this play and it's game over" plays in that game and we missed them all. The odds are just insane. I thought only JLS teams could pull that shit.

So many bad things happened and still really no excuse for losing but really the coaches screwed the last 6 minutes up epically imo.....
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2019-09-14, 21:39

aualum06 wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

So many bad things happened and still really no excuse for losing but really the coaches screwed the last 6 minutes up epically imo.....

Agreed. There's plenty of blame to go around.

Burning 2 TOs was dumb. That last FG was straight out of JLS v tOSU.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2019-09-14, 21:41

And I'm going to Chicago next weekend for the Northeastern game. Ugh.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-09-14, 21:43

Heat Miser wrote:And I'm going to Chicago next weekend for the Northeastern game. Ugh.

I think we can beat them.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-09-14, 21:43

Heat Miser wrote:And I'm going to Chicago next weekend for the Northeastern game. Ugh.

That's a make or break program game imo. Either there is a bounce back or this era is over imo
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2019-09-14, 21:45

aualum06 wrote:

That's a make or break program game imo. Either there is a bounce back or this era is over imo

Lose that one and 3-9 is a possibility.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-09-14, 21:48

Heat Miser wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

For this year and next
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2019-09-14, 21:50

aualum06 wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

For this year and next

Yeah next year does not look good unless some underclassmen really step up. Lots of talent graduating this year.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2019-09-14, 21:57

aualum06 wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:I do not like to speak badly of players b case with few exception, the vast majority of players on the field want to win.

So leading what should have been the game tying drive in under 50 seconds means he doesn't have it?

It means getting more than 1 TD. It’s not like they lost 20-17.

It means everyone comes through with the QB leading he charge. The 3 QB’s mentioned could light a fire. Lewerke doesn’t.
That doesn’t mean Lombardi or Day are better.
To me this is looking more like Andrew Maxwell redux. Highly rated coming in but never got the results Cousins before him or a Cook after got.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-09-14, 21:58

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Whatever. Should not have been in position to lose that game. I mean I want to blame the offense. The defense played excellent and did what was necessary. I don't know what went wrong with the offense. We moved the ball. We outgained them like 3:1. This loss should not have happened and I hope it wakes the team the fuck up.

That the offense woke up after Tulsa and went right back to sleep tells me the unit is probably not that good. Also, the offensive line seems to be a problem most years. This team should have more depth and consistency along the offensive line, but year-in-year-out it's poor play and/or depth issues with the offensive line. Guess who shoulders that blame? It's not the players.

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2019-09-14, 22:10; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-09-14, 22:01

Bill Cain wrote:Want to know what’s sad? All of our realistic in-house coaching prospects are defensive coaches. Tressel, Narduzzi, Barnett. The thought of Treadwell being coach makes me yawn. Enos?

If we want offense we’re going to have to start from scratch.

Oh hell no!
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next