Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Bull shit: Detroit news doing huge expose on Dantonio Blackwell and sex scandal.

+25
I.B. Fine
Rocinante
Travis of the Cosmos
Jake from State Farm
Cameron
Wally Fairway
Floyd Robertson
Death Roe
pulling69
duffy munn
Robert J Sakimano
Turtleneck
AvgMSUJoe
InTenSity
Heathens '87
Banks2Mason
GRR Spartan
Nordic
Other Teams Pursuing That
steveschneider
NigelUno
kingstonlake
MiamiSpartan
aualum06
DWags
29 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

More Bull shit:  Detroit news doing huge expose on Dantonio Blackwell and sex scandal.  - Page 4 Empty Re: More Bull shit: Detroit news doing huge expose on Dantonio Blackwell and sex scandal.

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 13 Jan 2020 - 17:36

Heathens in the house bringin' his Shakespearean prose..

what up, dude? Good to see ya here. More Bull shit:  Detroit news doing huge expose on Dantonio Blackwell and sex scandal.  - Page 4 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

More Bull shit:  Detroit news doing huge expose on Dantonio Blackwell and sex scandal.  - Page 4 Empty Re: More Bull shit: Detroit news doing huge expose on Dantonio Blackwell and sex scandal.

Post by kingstonlake Mon 13 Jan 2020 - 17:48

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Heathens in the house bringin' his Shakespearean prose..
what up, dude? Good to see ya here. More Bull shit:  Detroit news doing huge expose on Dantonio Blackwell and sex scandal.  - Page 4 969504605

Bob...... Please don’t scare the guests. More Bull shit:  Detroit news doing huge expose on Dantonio Blackwell and sex scandal.  - Page 4 502811600
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 13 Jan 2020 - 18:25

I think it was last Friday bros
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon 13 Jan 2020 - 18:33

Nordic wrote:Front page on the rag sitting next to me in the sauna. Still not reading it. I assume it is mostly rehased stuff from 2016 and Blackwell whinning to promote his lawsuit. As OTPY pointed out, the only reason this is in the news is because Dantonio is testifying Friday. I'll tune in then.

I think it's mostly rehashed. But the stuff about the "jury" admissions process was new to me. I think we had all heard (from Hondo?) that Hollis was against Robertson being admitted (and most of us wondered why Hollis would have anything to do with that), but if the story is true how they subverted the normal admissions process (and Beekman was part of it and voted to admit Robertson), that's a new (disturbing) wrinkle.

If the admissions director got fired for it (which is somewhat implied...and he should have been), then it seems like he alone took the fall. If he was influenced by other folks to subvert the process, that's a problem (and not a small one in my opinion).
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon 13 Jan 2020 - 18:33

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I think it was last Friday bros

I believe you're correct.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 13 Jan 2020 - 18:53

NigelUno wrote:
Nordic wrote:Front page on the rag sitting next to me in the sauna. Still not reading it. I assume it is mostly rehased stuff from 2016 and Blackwell whinning to promote his lawsuit. As OTPY pointed out, the only reason this is in the news is because Dantonio is testifying Friday. I'll tune in then.

I think it's mostly rehashed. But the stuff about the "jury" admissions process was new to me. I think we had all heard (from Hondo?) that Hollis was against Robertson being admitted (and most of us wondered why Hollis would have anything to do with that), but if the story is true how they subverted the normal admissions process (and Beekman was part of it and voted to admit Robertson), that's a new (disturbing) wrinkle.

If the admissions director got fired for it (which is somewhat implied...and he should have been), then it seems like he alone took the fall. If he was influenced by other folks to subvert the process, that's a problem (and not a small one in my opinion).

Can somebody tell me why does this have anything to do with Blackwell's suit? I'm still confused about that. Lord this guy will not stop now. If you know him, I'm telling you, he cares as much about destroying people as he does about money. This is like watching a team you hate the most, getting blatant calls by officials right down the field, and replay clearly shows they are wrong, but they're going to keep going and score with 13 guys on the field 5 seconds after time had run out, while tackling your defensive linemen, and then they'll celebrate in your face after the victory.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon 13 Jan 2020 - 19:04

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Can somebody tell me why does this have anything to do with Blackwell's suit? I'm still confused about that. Lord this guy will not stop now. If you know him, I'm telling you, he cares as much about destroying people as he does about money. This is like watching a team you hate the most, getting blatant calls by officials right down the field, and replay clearly shows they are wrong, but they're going to keep going and score with 13 guys on the field 5 seconds after time had run out, while tackling your defensive linemen, and then they'll celebrate in your face after the victory.

There are parts of the article that are lawsuit related, but the admissions process obviously isn't one of them.

I'm guessing there are a few people that wish it wasn't in the story.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 13 Jan 2020 - 19:44

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

There are parts of the article that are lawsuit related, but the admissions process obviously isn't one of them.

Blackwell just wants people hurt.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 13 Jan 2020 - 21:20

kingstonlake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Heathens in the house bringin' his Shakespearean prose..

Bob...... Please don’t scare the guests. More Bull shit:  Detroit news doing huge expose on Dantonio Blackwell and sex scandal.  - Page 4 502811600
More Bull shit:  Detroit news doing huge expose on Dantonio Blackwell and sex scandal.  - Page 4 502811600

Me and Heathens go way back. Good dude..

he also enjoyed typing.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Mon 13 Jan 2020 - 23:08

Banks2Mason wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I don't think Beekman was a Hollis lackey.

They had differing views on Robertson's admission.

ok, whatever. promoting from within, promoting and MSU lifer, whatever you want to call it.

It was done by interim president who should have never been in the position. Still blows me away that former fat ass governor with a horrible record on education was appointed. Failure all around.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Tue 14 Jan 2020 - 2:24

ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason Tue 14 Jan 2020 - 7:55

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

It doesn't. But depositions aren't trials. They can ask whatever and Blackwell's (multiply sanctioned) lawyers can ask whatever they want and leak same to the press. That's their whole game at this point.

Nigel doesn't know wtf he's talking about legally.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue 14 Jan 2020 - 8:07

Banks2Mason wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

It doesn't. But depositions aren't trials. They can ask whatever and Blackwell's (multiply sanctioned) lawyers can ask whatever they want and leak same to the press. That's their whole game at this point.

This. It is no coincidence that this is coming out this week. You can very well bet Blackwell's lawyers are feeding the press info...true or not.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason Tue 14 Jan 2020 - 8:56

Nordic wrote:
Banks2Mason wrote:

This. It is no coincidence that this is coming out this week. You can very well bet Blackwell's lawyers are feeding the press info...true or not.

yep. given his record, it's almost surprising that blackwell's lawyer hasn't been disbarred yet. he's flagrantly violated explicit court orders on numerous occasions (including in this specific case).

he could ask Dantonio whether he believed the earth was flat and then leak his answer to the press.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue 14 Jan 2020 - 9:03

Banks2Mason wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

You seem to have a knack for misinterpreting what I say.

I specifically said the admissions process part of the article (which is what I've been commenting on) wasn't related to the lawsuit.

I NEVER said that part would be bad (legally) for Dantonio, MSU, or anyone else related to Blackwell winning a lawsuit.

It's bad for other reasons (which I think are very apparent). I can explain them again if you'd like.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue 14 Jan 2020 - 9:08

Nordic wrote:
Banks2Mason wrote:

Whatever you think regarding Blackwell and his attorney, if the story about the subverted admissions process is true...that's a problem (outside the lawsuit) for some people.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue 14 Jan 2020 - 9:10

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I think it's mostly rehashed.  But the stuff about the "jury" admissions process was new to me.  I think we had all heard (from Hondo?) that Hollis was against Robertson being admitted (and most of us wondered why Hollis would have anything to do with that), but if the story is true how they subverted the normal admissions process (and Beekman was part of it and voted to admit Robertson), that's a new (disturbing) wrinkle.  

If the admissions director got fired for it (which is somewhat implied...and he should have been), then it seems like he alone took the fall.  If he was influenced by other folks to subvert the process, that's a problem (and not a small one in my opinion).  

Can somebody tell me why does this have anything to do with Blackwell's suit?   I'm still confused about that.  Lord this guy will not stop now.  If you know him, I'm telling you, he cares as much about destroying people as he does about money.  This is like watching a team you hate the most, getting blatant calls by officials right down the field, and replay clearly shows they are wrong, but they're going to keep going and score with 13 guys on the field 5 seconds after time had run out, while tackling your defensive linemen, and then they'll celebrate in your face after the victory.  

No offense but this is a really bad analogy. You complain about Blackwell repeatedly. It’s not like he showed up in Dantonios office and said “I work here now”. He was hired by Dantonio. As far as the bad call analogy, that’s pretty tone deaf. I’d venture that the assault and rape victims might feel like they were on an unlevel  playing field.

We can throw character bombs all day at Blackwell deserved or not. Probably deserved. But the fact remains It was a Dantonio decision to bring a shady enabler on campus to help win football games.

You can’t jump out of the boat then complain about getting wet.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason Tue 14 Jan 2020 - 9:28

kingstonlake wrote:
DWags wrote:

Can somebody tell me why does this have anything to do with Blackwell's suit?   I'm still confused about that.  Lord this guy will not stop now.  If you know him, I'm telling you, he cares as much about destroying people as he does about money.  This is like watching a team you hate the most, getting blatant calls by officials right down the field, and replay clearly shows they are wrong, but they're going to keep going and score with 13 guys on the field 5 seconds after time had run out, while tackling your defensive linemen, and then they'll celebrate in your face after the victory.  

No offense but this is a really bad analogy. You complain about Blackwell repeatedly. It’s not like he showed up in Dantonios office and said “I work here now”. He was hired by Dantonio. As far as the bad call analogy, that’s pretty tone deaf. I’d venture that the assault and rape victims might feel like they were on an unlevel  playing field.

We can throw character bombs all day at Blackwell deserved or not. Probably deserved. But the fact remains It was a Dantonio decision to bring a shady enabler on campus to help win football games.

You can’t jump out of the boat then complain about getting wet.

Agreed. He was a HS football recruiting dude in Detroit. that description alone pretty much says he was shady. it worked for a bit and then it didn't.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Tue 14 Jan 2020 - 9:29

Banks, are we still having a JacksonMikeSCM memorial this year?
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue 14 Jan 2020 - 9:31

NigelUno wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Whatever you think regarding Blackwell and his attorney, if the story about the subverted admissions process is true...that's a problem (outside the lawsuit) for some people.

Right now you are only getting one side of the story. Blackwell's team are saying shit to the media, whether it is relevant to his case or not, to paint MSU as the bad guy and him as the hero. If this info was came out not on the heels of the lawsuit, it would give it more credence. I tend to take this type of reporting with a grain of salt.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue 14 Jan 2020 - 9:38

I'm going to say it again just because it pisses me off. Unbelievable that a guy who openly obstructed a rape investigation has the nerve to sue for wrongful termination when he wasn't even terminated.

Saddest part is I'm starting to think he has a chance of winning.

It's beyond fucked up.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue 14 Jan 2020 - 9:46

duffy munn wrote:I'm going to say it again just because it pisses me off. Unbelievable that a guy who openly obstructed a rape investigation has the nerve to sue for wrongful termination when he wasn't even terminated.

It's beyond fucked up.

If he openly obstructed a rape investigation he will not win a wrongful termination suit.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 14 Jan 2020 - 9:52

duffy munn wrote:I'm going to say it again just because it pisses me off. Unbelievable that a guy who openly obstructed a rape investigation has the nerve to sue for wrongful termination when he wasn't even terminated.

It's beyond fucked up.

If he wins what does that say? We were supposed to keep a guy that openly obstructed rape investigation employed? Imagine the shit the Det Media would write if we did that. I'm starting to feel like there's no way you can do anything right in this mess.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue 14 Jan 2020 - 9:52

kingstonlake wrote:

It's beyond fucked up.

If he openly obstructed a rape investigation he will not win a wrongful termination suit.

Poor choice of words by me saying openly. I hope your right and the case gets thrown out but I'm having doubts. I just don't get how one can be wrongly terminated when he wasn't even terminated.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue 14 Jan 2020 - 9:55

duffy munn wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Poor choice of words by me saying openly. I hope your right and the case gets thrown out but I'm having doubts. I just don't get how one can be wrongly terminated when he wasn't even terminated.

Was his contract up and it wasn’t renewed? I’m asking because i don’t know.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue 14 Jan 2020 - 9:55

steveschneider wrote:

It's beyond fucked up.

If he wins what does that say? We were supposed to keep a guy that openly obstructed rape investigation employed? Imagine the shit the Det Media would write if we did that. I'm starting to feel like there's no way you can do anything right in this mess.

If this case is thrown out it will be buried on page 10 by the Detroit media. If Blackwell some how wins if will be bold on page one, villify Dantonio and make CB into some kind of hero.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue 14 Jan 2020 - 9:56

kingstonlake wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Yes
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue 14 Jan 2020 - 9:57

Nordic wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Right now you are only getting one side of the story. Blackwell's team are saying shit to the media, whether it is relevant to his case or not, to paint MSU as the bad guy and him as the hero. If this info was came out not on the heels of the lawsuit, it would give it more credence. I tend to take this type of reporting with a grain of salt.

I said...if true.

But, it would seem like an incredible story for Blackwell (or his attorney) to make up. They named names. And how people voted. And the Admissions Director did lose his job. Was that the reason? (He should have, if the story is true)

I never heard any of that (other than vague references by Hondo regarding Hollis).

Again..if true...the Admissions Director voted yes (to admit Robertson), Beekman voted yes, and the MSU Police Chief voted yes.

Separate from the lawsuit...this is an incredibly bad look for those people.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 14 Jan 2020 - 9:58

Don’t really care about the lawsuit and Blackwell. Just hope MSU gets it shit together eventually and learns from this.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 14 Jan 2020 - 9:59

NigelUno wrote:
Nordic wrote:

I said...if true.

But, it would seem like an incredible story for Blackwell (or his attorney) to make up. They named names. And how people voted. And the Admissions Director did lose his job. Was that the reason? (He should have, if the story is true)

I never heard any of that (other than vague references by Hondo regarding Hollis).

Again..if true...the Admissions Director voted yes (to admit Robertson), Beekman voted yes, and the MSU Police Chief voted yes.

The football coach also voted yes
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue 14 Jan 2020 - 10:00

It's beyond fucked up.

I think it would depend if it was a jury trial or not. I'm not sure if it is or not.

(I think he would have a better chance with a jury as opposed to a judge.)
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue 14 Jan 2020 - 10:01

duffy munn wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Yes

Which makes this all the more fucked up. It wasn't renewed <> terminated.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 14 Jan 2020 - 10:01

duffy munn wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

If this case is thrown out it will be buried on page 10 by the Detroit media. If Blackwell some how wins if will be bold on page one, villify Dantonio and make CB into some kind of hero.

MSU in disarray is a story that the Det Media will always print. CMU used to have riots that made it to CNN after the Western Michigan games. You never hear about those anymore. Town had to completely crack down but that story is history now. MSU riots gets brought up every anniversary.

MSU had cockroaches in Shaw and it was a big story in the paper. Spare me. Roaches? I guarantee buildings at UofM, Harvard, MIT, Yale have had cockroaches.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue 14 Jan 2020 - 10:05

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I said...if true.

The football coach also voted yes

Correct. I think his culpability has been established. But, he certainly should face additional scrutiny for being part of a subverted admissions process.

Maybe this goes on all the time with admissions. I don't know.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 14 Jan 2020 - 10:06

Poor MSU. They are the victim. Rolling Eyes
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 14 Jan 2020 - 10:10

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Poor MSU. They are the victim. Rolling Eyes

Just saying the Detroit Media has their own bag of bullshit too.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue 14 Jan 2020 - 10:11

In this case Blackwell, the guy who obstructed a rape investigation, tried to intimidate the person that was allegedly raped and didn't have his contract renewed is the victim.

And he should probably get paid because Dantonio took a huge gamble on Robertson and it backfired in a huge way.

But I digress.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 14 Jan 2020 - 10:13

steveschneider wrote:

Just saying the Detroit Media has their own bag of bullshit too.

Sounds like some deflecting whataboutism to me.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue 14 Jan 2020 - 10:15

And voted yes to what?

There was a laundry list of conditions that Robertson had to agree to including classes/supervision working with Ingram County that were included in the vote.

They all turned out to be wrong and Robertson fell off the wagon. Blackwell was a major factor in getting Corley and Vance to sign. Should he be held to that standard?

Blackwell’s attorney is working with Tony Paul to give him “scoops”. Might be behind the scenes but Tony Paul is being fed just like Lynn Hennings reporting on the Tigers for decades.

This is a campaign. Today there is a piece on Corley giving him a platform to say he was cornered into making a plea. Who was advising him right after one of the acts he was charged?

Blackwell, who didn’t follow university rules and report it to the Athletic Office or his direct supervisors including Dantonio. The backbone of any MSU defense in the civil case Blackwell has filed is Blackwell didn’t get his contract renewed because he didn’t follow procedures in this instance and many others.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason Tue 14 Jan 2020 - 10:21

It's beyond fucked up.

no. he doesn't have "a chance of winning."

that's why he's trying the case in the press.

MSU has eaten loads of shit already. knowing their dumbass PR team, they'll settle NOW and both pay AND eat the bad press.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next