Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You called it Bob

+14
GRR Spartan
MiamiSpartan
Rocinante
Watch Out Pylon!
duffy munn
kingstonlake
Cameron
Heathens '87
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
Floyd Robertson
AvgMSUJoe
NigelUno
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

You called it Bob - Page 2 Empty Re: You called it Bob

Post by Heathens '87 2020-02-11, 13:12

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
I think she believes there is something specifically at MSU that encourages sexual assault or the covering up of assault.

When the former president of the university is currently under indictment for lying to the police, AD forced out, Blackwell lawsuit, Klages trial, etc....I think it's fair to ask to what degree Michigan State has addressed some systemic and personnel issues to address the problems. It could've happened anywhere....true. But it happened at Michigan State.

I get why Fickell passed. It's frustrating that he let it go deep into the process to figure this out....
Heathens '87
Heathens '87
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-11, 13:14

DWags wrote:I can't say it better than this.   It was sent to me by my daughter. But know this miss Denhollander, I am sick about the emotional and physical pain that you went through, nobody should be made to do that.  I just have a bit of a problem with the victory lap type nature of her tweet.  It really disregards so many good people and so many good things going on at MSU.  I'll post this tweet, he's right on so many levels and sure can put it better than I can.  If she thinks that we aren't daily "working on the culture" she's mistaken.  

[tw]1227041368104751106?s=20[/tw]

[tw]1227041369119756289?s=20[/tw]

[tw]1227041370260606976?s=20[/tw]

All those stories will change you- at least they should. And if a football coach doesn't want to come here and be part of doing the hard work to help this place that we all love become what it can, then just thank them for letting us know up front and move the hell on.

I don't think the Fickell's had some 'Come to Jesus OMG the culture!' moment. They had at least a week to think about everything (and much longer if Fickell is friends with Dantonio and had been talking to him). He was going to take the job. The "culture" didn't pop up in the last week.

I think when push came to shove, Mrs. Fickell didn't want to move the kids (which is fine). He basically said family first.

Making him out to have integrity (and turning down the job) because of the "culture" based on what sources said is bending the "truth" to fit an agenda.

So, is Rachel prepared to say that the next Coach we hire won't have integrity if he takes the job?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-02-11, 13:16

Heathens '87 wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
which is why I steer clear of people with her background and religious views.

I oddly enjoy them when they show up on the porch as it's darn easy to poke holes in their worldview. But we're certainly not sitting down for a pitcher at Crunchy's after a hockey game.....

Are you talking about Jehovah Witnesses? That wacky cult never makes it out to my neck of the woods.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heathens '87 2020-02-11, 13:31

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Are you talking about Jehovah Witnesses? That wacky cult never makes it out to my neck of the woods.

I get them, LDS and Christian Scientists walking down the drive at times. I had just finished the Krakauer book about the Mountain Meadows Massacre when a couple of fresh-faced Mormons knocked on the door. A conversation about Mormon history was, well....messing with a worldview when reality is on your side is fun....
Heathens '87
Heathens '87
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-02-11, 13:38

So what’s this gift shop thing?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-02-11, 13:38

DWags wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Try being number 5 in 10. While dating my future wife in high school for 6 months she thought one of my little brothers was just a friend of the family hanging out.

"Why is that kid alway here?"

You called it Bob - Page 2 502811600

Should have said, "fuck if I know".
my brother was two grades ahead of me in school.. he was a total hellion. I mean, dude would do anything at anytime and did not give a fuck. On the other hand, I was always more well-behaved.. (or at least I was a little more clandestine in my approach to misbehaving).

anyway.. every single year, first day of class, the teacher would call roll.. he/she would yell out my name.. I'd raise my hand and say "here"..

them (sneering at me): "are you __________'s brother"?

me (sheepishly): "yes ma'am/sir"..

them: "I'm keepin' my eye on you"..

me: "why.. I haven't even done anything yet"..

them: "get to the office"!!!

that seriously happened once. Got sent to the office the first day of school just 'cause I was related to my brother. You called it Bob - Page 2 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-02-11, 13:42

Rocinante wrote:So what’s this gift shop thing?
presuming you're being serious and haven't heard,  someone at the Wharton Center gift shop took dolls of famous black people (being sold to honor Black History Month), tied rope around their neck and hung them from a tree in a display in the gift shop.

seriously. Who the fuck thought that was a good idea??  You called it Bob - Page 2 502811600    You called it Bob - Page 2 2599972566

the more I think about it, having black dolls and "selling" them to honor Black History Month is a bit.. err.. odd, too.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-02-11, 13:44

Jesus Christ. I had not heard.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-02-11, 13:48

Just saw the picture. It’s difficult for me to imagine a situation where that’s not deliberate. I guess there are people that are completely ignorant of history. I don’t have a lot of sympathy for those people though.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-11, 13:51

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Rocinante wrote:So what’s this gift shop thing?
presuming you're being serious and haven't heard,  someone at the Wharton Center gift shop took dolls of famous black people (being sold to honor Black History Month), tied rope around their neck and hung them from a tree in a display in the gift shop.

seriously. Who the fuck thought that was a good idea??  You called it Bob - Page 2 502811600    You called it Bob - Page 2 2599972566

the more I think about it, having black dolls and "selling" them to honor Black History Month is a bit.. err.. odd, too.

Selling Christmas Ornaments (if they were ornaments) in February (or any other month not named November or December) is dumb.

If they weren't ornaments....
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-02-11, 13:58

duffy munn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: clearly your Dad wasn't concerned with the "culture"...

Nope. He did what he felt he needed to do. After I left for college he moved the 4 remaining kids at home to Connecticut. Everyone adjusted and made new friends.

come to think of it, I don't think he even asked my mom if it was ok.You called it Bob - Page 2 502811600

different and maybe better times.
But to be fair, personal stories about most of us don't really relate to football (or other major sport) coaches (unless your dad was one). He's rich as hell instead of being rich as fuck. Maybe he needs to settle with a slightly smaller mansion. It's not like they're going to have to tighten their belts just to stay where they're comfortable. The kids won't be denied anything due to monetary reasons. And he may have the opportunity to earn a hell of a lot more in a couple of years if he keeps up the good work. Worst case, Cincy goes in the tank, he gets fired, and has to scrape by on a few million that they have put away, combined with a salary of a measly $500K/year as a position coach somewhere. Woe is him.

Didn't mean this really directed at you, duffy. Mostly just saying that a guy can take his wife and kids happiness and comfort level into account a lot more when he's already rich as hell and the worst case scenario still has him earning more than most of us will ever dream of making per year.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-02-11, 14:27

Rocinante wrote:Just saw the picture. It’s difficult for me to imagine a situation where that’s not deliberate. I guess there are people that are completely ignorant of history. I don’t have a lot of sympathy for those people though.

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t21540-wharton-center-gift-shop
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-02-11, 15:09

So the argument is they’re ornaments. Two months after Christmas. Ok.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-02-11, 15:14

Rocinante wrote:Just saw the picture. It’s difficult for me to imagine a situation where that’s not deliberate. I guess there are people that are completely ignorant of history. I don’t have a lot of sympathy for those people though.

Wait wait wait... These are Christmas tree ornaments, with strings already on them... Some idiot just found the first thing to hang them on in a stock room which happened to look like a tree.

It aint systematic racism when the building is named after a prominent African American president of the university. It's just some dummy being dumb.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-02-11, 16:23

My 2 children are several years older than DWags and maybe some of the rest of the posters have children who are out of HS or are currently HS Freshman, sophomores or juniors. Taking a new job 300+ miles north and requiring them to change schools is a huge deal to the wife and kids. Throw in that Mrs Fickell is a greater Cincinnati native and her folks are there to help when she has coaching wife duties and I can see why it was never a sure thing regardless of what Coach Fickell or his wife said.

I can see where one or more if the Fickell children started talking to mom and dad about moving to EL and what a huge bad deal it would be for them swaying things.

The FUBAR created by Trustee Scott gave them even more reason.

PS my suggestion is President Stanley gets his choice for AD in place sooner than later. Its clear despite being a VP and BOT secretary for 11 years in addition to having the BOT take away his interim title, AD Beekman is seen as weak by some members of the BOT.

If possible that person should be someone like Martin Jarmond BC's new AD. Someone like because BC made it official today. We need a minority AD who can look Brianna Scott in the face and tell her the MSU Athletic Dept has got the affimative action thing covered.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jethro Bodeen 2020-02-11, 17:19

Cameron wrote:
Heathens '87 wrote:I think some are missing the point.  This isn't about Denhollander impacting a search for a football coach.  Horrific things happened at State, to her and we should all, as Spartans, collectively own that.  What is more important, in my view, the lack of a truth and reconciliation process to deal with the aftermath of Nassar.

The issue she is pointing out, rightly so in my view, is the lack of leadership we've had to appropriately manage a process to both determine what truly happened and how it can be prevented.  Crisis response - any well-run institution can do this.  Engler failed miserably at this.  We've a board that remains dysfunctional, we lack leadership in the AD role, Stanley is new, and Klages is a headline today because Michigan State can't manage to not shoot itself in the foot.

Someone like Denhollander "goes away" when she feels her voice is being heard.  Not by you, not by me...but by the collective we and by the university as a whole.  She's a messenger.  The message ain't wrong.......

Co-sign. I haven't paid much attention to her in the aftermath of the Nassar stuff, but I certainly don't begrudge her writing a book and profiting off of the horrible stuff that happened to her.

Frankly, I'd rather MSU overcompensate to appease the victims, rather than not doing enough. If that scares off some potential coaches, so be it. The wages of sin is death, as they say.

What happened to her wasn't the fault of MSU. Nassar was a highly intelligent psychopath who had the perfect credentials and environment to commit his crimes.  He could have done it at Wayne State or UM or any other place in America. It was Nassar who committed the crimes and he diabolically covered-up his crimes via his medical credentials, public esteem ans authority as a doctor, the technically medical "legitimacy" of the procedure he used to disguise his assaults and the bureaucratic protections he had as an employee of a public institution. That he fooled virtually EVERYONE so long is evidence in and of itself that this was not an "MSU Problem". Those who objected were so few that their complaints were dismissed even after investigations by police and prosecutors who consulted with medical professionals.  

The Nassar Crime spree aftermath was nothing more than a witch-hunt and a public looting and hanging of an institution that itself was victimized by Nassar. There had to be a scapegoat (and target) and the goat with the deepest pockets and the public visibility was MSU. Gymnastics USA and Nassar couldn't match the virtually limitless assets (taxpayers) of MSU.

Rachelle Denhollander is now nothing more than a professional victim. She is in love with her "brave struggle". She has 24K gold crocodile tears. She can STFU anytime.

This entire charade has been a farce to say the least. The same lemming-like,  groupthink human weakness that allowed a predator Nassar to openly operate is the same human weakness that prevents people from publicly standing up to the demagoguery that continues and the demagogues like Denhollander to push the "MSU Pape Culture" narrative. Its cowardice. Its the human instinct to go along with the crowd and believe the loudest voice and give credence to those who appear to have authority. John Engler tried to stand up for MSU as did a few others like Seccia and they were shouted down by the mob which is largely filled with other cowards afraid to stand up the the unpopular notion that it was Nassar and Nassar alone responsible for his crimes.

The damage is now done. Its complete. MSU is a completely crippled institution and the decay is well under way. And the professional victims like Denhollander and Feminist gender-hustlers like Gretchen Whitmer will feed like vultures on MSU's rotting carcass. Its all because PC cowards in government ( Snyder, Schutte, state reps and senators)  as well as at MSU and politically prominent non-government people allowed a vicious, greedy, politically motivated mob to capitalize on one pervert at MSU. That says nothing of the Demagogues like Whitmer who no doubt coordinated her campaign with Gannett (LSJ, Freep, Indy Star) to capitalize on the issue. Id say 50% or more of the average MSU alums and supporters fell for the hysteria because they have been conditioned to act morally outraged when told to do so by the media. They are also conditioned to shut up and not question people or groups the media and demagogues tell them they cant question or criticize - like "victims" and especially not  "survivors". That's why they threw that "survivor" term around and went ape-shit against anyone in the public eye that DARED  to insult the exalted, brave, infallible and pristine Nassar "SURVIVOR" (as if they waded onto the beaches of Normandy into German machine gun fire and survived to talk about it) by referring to them as merely a victim.

It takes people with the courage to speak reality, reason and truth and be willing to take the criticism. . There weren't enough people behind MSU in its hour of need and we will suffer the consequences for decades. MSU has been 100% emasculated and is descending into a disorganized grabastic cluster of  feminized failure. (see Detroit ) And like Detroit, MSU is now thoroughly controlled externally by the feminist and multicultural intelligentsia that controls the mob via the mass media; It has become a useful tool of the Left which (like Detroit) constantly refers to its shameful condition, yet refuses to accept responsibility despite running everything. Enjoy.
Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-02-11, 17:40

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Wait wait wait... These are Christmas tree ornaments, with strings already on them... Some idiot just found the first thing to hang them on in a stock room which happened to look like a tree.

It aint systematic racism when the building is named after a prominent African American president of the university. It's just some dummy being dumb.

Which is why the second part of my post allows for that possibility. As I said, I have no sympathy for ignorance.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-02-11, 17:43

Heathens '87 wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:
I think she believes there is something specifically at MSU that encourages sexual assault or the covering up of assault.

I get why Fickell passed. It's frustrating that he let it go deep into the process to figure this out....

So, could you link me up where he said it was culture? Thanks. I’ve been busy today. I hadn’t heard or read Fickell saying that. I read he said family was the deal. I’m way behind here.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-02-11, 18:03

DWags wrote:
So, could you link me up where he said it was culture? Thanks. I’ve been busy today. I hadn’t heard or read Fickell saying that. I read he said family was the deal. I’m way behind here.
True, it might have only been a blue wall creation...
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-02-11, 18:09

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
DWags wrote:

Well if it was then it looks like we’re their little bitches again. World seems to be turned back right. They say it we agree with it. We’ll never get the taste of their ass out of our mouth again if that’s true. I hope somebody links this. It’s not a small thing.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-02-11, 19:15

DWags wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Well if it was then it looks like we’re their little bitches again.  World seems to be turned back right. They say it we agree with it.  We’ll never get the taste of their ass out of our mouth again if that’s true. I hope somebody links this. It’s not a small thing.

Best I can do is this story from David Jesse. No direct quotes, he just says it was part of the decision.Might want to get in touch with him.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2020/02/10/michigan-state-football-coaching-search-luke-fickell/4714187002/
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-11, 19:24

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
DWags wrote:

Well if it was then it looks like we’re their little bitches again.  World seems to be turned back right. They say it we agree with it.  We’ll never get the taste of their ass out of our mouth again if that’s true. I hope somebody links this. It’s not a small thing.

Best I can do is this story from David Jesse. No direct quotes, he just says it was part of the decision.Might want to get in touch with him.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2020/02/10/michigan-state-football-coaching-search-luke-fickell/4714187002/

According to that article, we never offered him the job.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-02-11, 19:37

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
DWags wrote:

No direct quotes, he (THE FREEP WRITER NOT FICKELL). Might want to get in touch with him.

/

Why? Why get in touch. He has all his little Spartan bitches doing his work for him. Yes massa we not ever be uppity again. Yes massa when we walk campus we scared lord lord we scared. Yes massa we lead the whole wide world in rapes and cover ups. Yes massa we never beat Michigan again. We promise.

Fuck them. Fickell never said such a thing. And I’m done with agreeing about this whole bull shit culture thing vs other schools. Do we have issues we need to work on? Absolutely. Everyone does. Fickell was on OSU campus in the 1999’s so was his wife. Jesus. They know how college works. I’ll let everyone else carry water for the freep I’m not. I have kids on campus at MSU.

And for anyone to tweet “it didn’t have to be like this” in some form of ducking victory lap is beyond fucked up.

Fickell gave his reason publicly. End of story. They know who was at the meeting with Fickell. So Beekman told the freep it was a culture or the lady did. Who else was there?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-02-11, 19:50

If campus culture bothered Fickell it’s a recent development.

He was part of Tressel’s and Meyer’s staff and was a player when Ohio State had their homosexual doctor treating athletes and coaches laughed it off.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-11, 19:55

DWags wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

No direct quotes, he (THE FREEP WRITER NOT FICKELL). Might want to get in touch with him.

/

Why? Why get in touch. He has all his little Spartan bitches doing his work for him. Yes massa we not ever be uppity again. Yes massa when we walk campus we scared lord lord we scared. Yes massa we lead the whole wide world in rapes and cover ups. Yes massa we never beat Michigan again. We promise.

Fuck them. Fickell never said such a thing. And I’m done with agreeing about this whole bull shit culture thing vs other schools. Do we have issues we need to work on? Absolutely. Everyone does. Fickell was on OSU campus in the 1999’s so was his wife. Jesus. They know how college works. I’ll let everyone else carry water for the freep I’m not. I have kids on campus at MSU.

And for anyone to tweet “it didn’t have to be like this” in some form of ducking victory lap is beyond fucked up.

Fickell gave his reason publicly. End of story. They know who was at the meeting with Fickell. So Beekman told the freep it was a culture or the lady did. Who else was there?

Haller and the search firm guy were also there. Not sure why ANY of those people would be talking to the freep...why would they leak that? Wouldn't it hurt our pursuit of another coach?

If any of them did leak a (somewhat) confidential conversation, they wouldn't be on my search committee any more.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-02-11, 19:59

GRR Spartan wrote:If campus culture bothered Fickell it’s a recent development.

He was part of Tressel’s and Meyer’s staff and was a player when Ohio State had their homosexual doctor treating athletes and coaches laughed it off.

It did t bother Fickell. It one bit. I’d use the Blackwell suit and the threat of sanctions. Why? 1. Hell it could happen. 2. They aren’t done. The culture shit is done for dramatic effect. There was a very small group of Spartans at the meeting with Fickell. If Fickell said that they know who leaked it. Nobody else could leak it unless it’s second hand. A real journalist can’t go with that. Yet the freep guy says “multiple” sources. So if they’re were three Spartans there at least two of them leaked it. Unless the journalist is getting it from a second hand source.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-02-11, 20:02

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

Haller and the search firm guy were also there. Not sure why ANY of those people would be talking to the freep...why would they leak that? Wouldn't it hurt our pursuit of another coach?

If any of them did leak a (somewhat) confidential conversation, they wouldn't be on my search committee any more.

Here’s the problem. It’s now a true story because we have little bitch Spartans happy to run with it for them

Jesus.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-02-11, 20:03

DWags wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:If campus culture bothered Fickell it’s a recent development.

It did t bother Fickell. It one bit. I’d use the Blackwell suit and the threat of sanctions. Why? 1. Hell it could happen. 2. They aren’t done. The culture shit is done for dramatic effect. There was a very small group of Spartans at the meeting with Fickell. If Fickell said that they know who leaked it. Nobody else could leak it unless it’s second hand. A real journalist can’t go with that. Yet the freep guy says “multiple” sources. So if they’re were three Spartans there at least two of them leaked it. Unless the journalist is getting it from a second hand source.

Coaches say things publicly that are just coach speak. It happens all the time. If it was leaked, then good. The first step in fixing a problem is accepting that you have one.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-02-11, 20:09

kingstonlake wrote:
DWags wrote:

Coaches say things publicly that are just coach speak. It happens all the time. If it was leaked, then good. The first step in fixing a problem is accepting that you have one.

Which one of the four leaked it. Who is your guess. You get two cause the journalist said multiple.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-02-11, 20:15

DWags wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Which one of the four leaked it.  Who is your guess.  You get two cause the journalist said multiple.

No clue who or if it’s even true. But I’m not totally discounting the possibility that it isn’t
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-02-11, 20:22

kingstonlake wrote:

No clue who or if it’s even true. But I’m not totally discounting the possibility that it isn’t

Atta boy!!! Spread the gospel.

cheers

Don’t have to be sure if it’s true. A Good Spartan helps them out!! Well done.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-02-11, 20:28

DWags wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

cheers

LOL. Ok Wags. Circle the wagons.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-11, 21:01

kingstonlake wrote:
DWags wrote:

Suspect You called it Bob - Page 2 294152859 You called it Bob - Page 2 502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-02-12, 00:06

kingstonlake wrote:
DWags wrote:

cheers

I just want to emphasize that the Fickells never said anything about culture at MSU. Not one thing. Period.
Also, there were four people at that meeting. If the Fickells brought it up there it had to be leaked by more than one of the four in that room. That’s the freep saying multiple anonymous sources. If it’s from anyone else other than the four in that room it’s second hand and you can’t confirm it
Spartans have always been happy to help the blue wall spread myths and lies about MSU. This is no different.
Finally I emphasize the Fickells were on osu’s campus for decades. Decades. Culture?

Two OSU players charged with rape and kidnapping. But yeah it’s a bad culture at MSU. Thanks Sparty.

And while I couldn’t be more full of smirk, the Fickells will now have to cross tOSU off any future coaching stop. Tattoos firing coaches for rules violations suspending coaches for same. What a culture. The Fickells must have been horrified for decades.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2020-02-12, 09:31

MiamiSpartan wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Nope. He did what he felt he needed to do. After I left for college he moved the 4 remaining kids at home to Connecticut. Everyone adjusted and made new friends.

come to think of it, I don't think he even asked my mom if it was ok.You called it Bob - Page 2 502811600

different and maybe better times.
But to be fair, personal stories about most of us don't really relate to football (or other major sport) coaches (unless your dad was one). He's rich as hell instead of being rich as fuck. Maybe he needs to settle with a slightly smaller mansion. It's not like they're going to have to tighten their belts just to stay where they're comfortable. The kids won't be denied anything due to monetary reasons. And he may have the opportunity to earn a hell of a lot more in a couple of years if he keeps up the good work. Worst case, Cincy goes in the tank, he gets fired, and has to scrape by on a few million that they have put away, combined with a salary of a measly $500K/year as a position coach somewhere. Woe is him.

Didn't mean this really directed at you, duffy. Mostly just saying that a guy can take his wife and kids happiness and comfort level into account a lot more when he's already rich as hell and the worst case scenario still has him earning more than most of us will ever dream of making per year.

Points taken. I know it's mostly a generational thing too. When I was a kid Dad was in charge, period. These days I see parents negotiating with 5 year olds.

Different times.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-02-12, 12:37

DWags wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

I just want to emphasize that the Fickells never said anything about culture at MSU.  Not one thing. Period.
Also, there were four people at that meeting. If the Fickells brought it up there it had to be leaked by more than one of the four in that room.  That’s the freep saying multiple anonymous sources. If it’s from anyone else other than the four in that room it’s second hand and you can’t confirm it
Spartans have always been happy to help the blue wall spread myths and lies about MSU.  This is no different.
Finally I emphasize the Fickells were on osu’s campus for decades. Decades. Culture?

Two OSU players charged with rape and kidnapping. But yeah it’s a bad culture at MSU.  Thanks Sparty.

And while I couldn’t be more full of smirk, the Fickells will now have to cross tOSU off any future coaching stop.  Tattoos firing coaches for rules violations suspending coaches for same. What a culture. The Fickells must have been horrified for decades.

Ok Wags, because they didn’t publicly say it, it wasn’t a concern. Let’s keep that in mind going forward. It’s the new standard. It must be said publicly for it to be true. You think he’s going to publicly say it? You think he’s that stupid?  Who’s the foolish one? The person who buries their head in the sand and discounts any idea or notion that the report is possibly true? Or the guy who’s open minded about the possibility it is. I guess since it’s never been publicly stated that Blackwell is scamming a school district it’s not true? I mean it’s your standard. You set it. Are you willing to recant your smear? I mean it’s not publicly stated and just a bunch of Sparty shills putting it out there. See how that works?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-02-12, 12:59

Wonder if she'll come out and question Tucker's integrity for taking the job??
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-02-12, 13:31

kingstonlake wrote:
DWags wrote:

I just want to emphasize that the Fickells never said anything about culture at MSU.  Not one thing. Period.
Also, there were four people at that meeting. If the Fickells brought it up there it had to be leaked by more than one of the four in that room.  That’s the freep saying multiple anonymous sources. If it’s from anyone else other than the four in that room it’s second hand and you can’t confirm it
Spartans have always been happy to help the blue wall spread myths and lies about MSU.  This is no different.

Two OSU players charged with rape and kidnapping. But yeah it’s a bad culture at MSU.  Thanks Sparty.

And while I couldn’t be more full of smirk, the Fickells will now have to cross tOSU off any future coaching stop.  Tattoos firing coaches for rules violations suspending coaches for same. What a culture. The Fickells must have been horrified for decades.

Ok Wags, because they didn’t publicly say it, it wasn’t a concern. Let’s keep that in mind going forward. It’s the new standard. It must be said publicly for it to be true. You think he’s going to publicly say it? You think he’s that stupid?  Who’s the foolish one? The person who buries their head in the sand and discounts any idea or notion that the report is possibly true? Or the guy who’s open minded about the possibility it is. I guess since it’s never been publicly stated that Blackwell is scamming a school district it’s not true? I mean it’s your standard. You set it. Are you willing to recant your smear? I mean it’s not publicly stated and just a bunch of Sparty shills putting it out there. See how that works?

Look, I don't give a shit if you want to carry that water. It's your call. The internet is not journalism. Journalists need more than one source and they need it to be direct. If the said journalists are getting paid and sponsored by a news organization they better be accurate. If they heard that shit from a secondary source, not from one of the four at the meeting, it's bullshit. If you're saying Hallar, Smith or Beekman leaked it about MSU's culture, cool, that's your belief. But quoting anonymous sources when only four could be your source, and then seeing Spartans run with that water for them is getting tiring for me. If you want to hold me to the same standard as journalists getting paid for their work, well that's great. I don't care if you want to keep doing that, that's your call. You keep on carrying that water. But I"m going to go with the reason Fickell said he was staying. I'm going to go with the background of the Fickells being on an OSU campus that is pretty much exactly like MSU's and stories like the one I posted are as common. It's not just you Kingston, I've hit the wall with the "culture" shit at MSU. HIT THE FUCKING WALL. We have issues, as does everyone. We will never secure our campus and make it 100% safe for everyone. We will have assholes who discriminate and who probably cover up. I just had one daughter on campus there for 4 years, went to all the major events that had multiple football and basketball players at becasue that's the nature of her own team. I have another one on campus now. I am a fighter for women's rights, and I understand there is still work to do. But I will not carry the water saying MSU is the black death star of horrible campus atrocities and poor pitiful us. That is an outright fucking lie. We have so many great things at our school, so many great kids, professors, research projects, donors, alumni, and examples of great humanistic events. Again, do say, regurgitate anything you want, I enjoy it, I encourage it and I wouldn't have it any other way. But when anyone says the Fickells think any type of cultural problem was different or worse than what they both grew up with as kids in the 90's at OSU and what is going on at that campus now, well, excuse me if I'm a bit skeptical. You, of course, can believe it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-02-12, 13:37

CORNER BLITZ wrote:Wonder if she'll come out and question Tucker's integrity for taking the job??

and BTW, what was the need for a victory lap on twitter by her about it? She can go right to hell for that. Nobody should have ever had to endure what she did. The monster who did that and the monsters who allowed him to continue should be punished. Jail or worse. As a result, our Uniersity should take a huge financial hit too. But for her to tie in our football program with it, and for the freep writers to tie that to Fickell in anyway is just beyond the pale and is trying to punish things and people who don't deserve it. And for anybody who says "well the football program does deserve it"? fuck you. Never did. We've got pimples like many other programs do. Stick to who deserves the punishment.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-02-12, 13:47

Finally, here is why I think in my total speculation that the Fickells turned MSU down.

I'm completely wildly guessing at this. Luke Fickell wants to be the head coach at OSU someday. He want Dey to take the NFL job that will eventually be coming his way, maybe at Cincinnati or Cleveland. He knows he can go there from Cincinnati, but could he go there from MSU?

There, that's my speculation.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next