Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mel Tucker the Skullfucker: Please post your first impressions here

+30
WhiteBoyHatcher
Heat Miser
duffy munn
AvgMSUJoe
Heathens '87
aualum06
Nordic
Jake from State Farm
Cameron
Travis of the Cosmos
Dendrobates
I.B. Fine
Rocinante
Watch Out Pylon!
Turtleneck
Floyd Robertson
NigelUno
InTenSity
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
MSU addict
CORNER BLITZ
kingstonlake
Wally Fairway
MiamiSpartan
MattyFresh
tGreenWay
GRR Spartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
34 posters

Page 12 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 12 Empty Re: Mel Tucker the Skullfucker: Please post your first impressions here

Post by steveschneider 2021-09-19, 19:01

[tw]1439296538120007692?s=21[/tw]

The type of modernized offense I’ve been waiting for.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 12 Empty Re: Mel Tucker the Skullfucker: Please post your first impressions here

Post by DWags 2021-09-19, 19:22

steveschneider wrote:[tw]1439296538120007692?s=21[/tw]

Its like witchcraft.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-09-19, 20:35

You’re right. We’re one of the few teams who have become early adopters of running the ball up the middle.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-09-19, 20:39

tGreenWay wrote:

You’re right. We’re one of the few teams who have become early adopters of running the ball up the middle.

That’s the modern way to run up the middle.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-09-19, 20:41

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Crazy as it might sound, if the turnaround continues with large point total wins, MSU will have to keep a force field around the coach when suitors no doubt come calling.  That’s getting way ahead of what is always a long season, but the difference in this Spartan team compared with last season’s is night and day and other places will take notice.

Now, back to you in the studio.
For the kids in the audience... this used to be a huge problem. One of the reasons Saban left, the admin was tired of getting shit on by coaches... and when he came in for a raise, they kicked him to lsu. Fucking Perles would flirt with every opening every off season. That's how he held up the u for the ad gig. His only repercussion was to have a box for life and be on the board. The dude who bolted to asu... Lions coach. One reason JLS was hired because he said that would be his last job before retirement.

Good on you for bringing the kids up to speed. 😄
There’s probably several of those memories which triggered my post without even considering those two guys. The early part of each off-season became such a joyless time, waiting to learn if we needed a new coach. I’m guessing MT has his eyes on a bigger prize sooner or later.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-09-19, 20:53

Yeah, I read that somewhere too. I think stuff has changed since back in the day though... back then college coaches where not in the same hemisphere as far as pay. Now, comparable cash easy existence in EL... maybe he'll stick around like izzo/dantonio.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-09-19, 20:55

tGreenWay wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:
For the kids in the audience... this used to be a huge problem. One of the reasons Saban left, the admin was tired of getting shit on by coaches... and when he came in for a raise, they kicked him to lsu. Fucking Perles would flirt with every opening every off season. That's how he held up the u for the ad gig. His only repercussion was to have a box for life and be on the board. The dude who bolted to asu... Lions coach. One reason JLS was hired because he said that would be his last job before retirement.

There’s probably several of those memories which triggered my post without even considering those two guys. The early part of each off-season became such a joyless time, waiting to learn if we needed a new coach. I’m guessing MT has his eyes on a bigger prize sooner or later.

It’s a dog eat dog world in football. Most coache$ are hired guns. You want to keep Mel Tucker you gotta pay Mel Tucker.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-09-19, 21:03

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Yeah, I read that somewhere too. I think stuff has changed since back in the day though... back then college coaches where not in the same hemisphere as far as pay. Now, comparable cash easy existence in EL... maybe he'll stick around like izzo/dantonio.

For the overall good of the program, it would def be nice to have continued stability in our FBHC. Losing TI, probably sooner than later, will be traumatic AF. If MT is a legit good coach, it would be great not to have to say goodbye too soon.
As for coaches pay, you’re right. I remember what a stink the Detroit rags put up when it was discovered MSU paid $155k to buy out Perles’ contract from the Philadelphia Stars. Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 12 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-09-19, 21:07

steveschneider wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

It’s a dog eat dog world in football. Most coache$ are hired guns. You want to keep Mel Tucker you gotta pay Mel Tucker.

If MT eventually wants out and/or has a career goal of coaching at, say, an SEC school or the NFL, it’s unlikely just throwing money at him would work. It would’ve worked to keeping Nick for a little while longer, but we don’t know MT well enough yet to know what drives him, career wise.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-09-19, 21:15

Well, he's tasted the pros. I could see him working to that. Not so sure of a different college. Wondering if with the rich alumni stacking up (magic and the mortgage bros) if that could be mitigated. Really, an NC is an NC whether it be at MSU or Georgia/Florida....

Maybe USC/UCLA due to the proximity of bling I guess. An NC at one of those and you get a netflix show.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-09-19, 21:29

Tucker is already Top 15 in salary.  If he has a run like Dantonio, he's young enough to get some good offers (or a huge raise).

But, Geezuz.  Settle down people.  Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 12 502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Dendrobates and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-09-19, 21:38

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Well, he's tasted the pros. I could see him working to that. Not so sure of a different college. Wondering if with the rich alumni stacking up (magic and the mortgage bros) if that could be mitigated. Really, an NC is an NC whether it be at MSU or Georgia/Florida....

Maybe USC/UCLA due to the proximity of bling I guess. An NC at one of those and you get a netflix show.

Maybe his goal is to be a molder of men. 💪🏾 💪
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2021-09-19, 21:53

Look, there have been some improvements for sure. It's just too early.

The whole hype of how amazing the team is after Miami is hype. There, I said it.

Miami stepped on their own dicks the whole game. Now, MSU capitalized on it, which they struggled with that in the past. You would expect most teams to win with the amount if TO by Miami, their penalties, and injuring their QB.

That said...just wait and see.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-09-19, 21:57

steveschneider wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I don't think the modern way to run up the middle is to have your RG shoved back 3 yards and hope that your RB is a truly exceptional talent (and no, it wasn't designed to allow the defender into the backfield). That's a 2 yard loss with every RB we've had since at least Langford, maybe longer. KWIII's vision and cutting ability is special.

Jerries and Joes.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-09-19, 22:13

Dendrobates wrote:Look, there have been some improvements for sure. It's just too early.

The whole hype of how amazing the team is after Miami is hype. There, I said it.

Miami stepped on their own dicks the whole game. Now, MSU capitalized on it, which they struggled with that in the past. You would expect most teams to win with the amount if TO by Miami, their penalties, and injuring their QB.

Completely agree Dendro. I like Tuck and think he has everything right so far. I also believe the future is bright. But man in my 4+ decades as a Spartan have I ever seen such unbridled optimism for a new Head Football Coach.

This season is a couple of injuries from going completely sideways. Pump the brakes indeed.

Last edited by duffy munn on 2021-09-19, 22:22; edited 1 time in total
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Dendrobates likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-09-19, 22:18

TUCK COMIN
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-09-19, 23:15

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I don't think the modern way to run up the middle is to have your RG shoved back 3 yards and hope that your RB is a truly exceptional talent (and no, it wasn't designed to allow the defender into the backfield). That's a 2 yard loss with every RB we've had since at least Langford, maybe longer. KWIII's vision and cutting ability is special.

Jerries and Joes.

*Jimmies and Joes
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2021-09-19, 23:28

You guys do know the skull fucker is on record that this is his dream job?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-09-19, 23:28

Dendrobates wrote:Look, there have been some improvements for sure. It's just too early.

This was just a discussion on a slow Sunday. Pretty sure I threw in a couple of qualifiers noting it was still too soon to say one way or another both about this team and the HC. Arnold skipped over that part of the discussion. And I agree w/you you re: Miami and said so in another thread. ✌
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-09-19, 23:34

tGreenWay wrote:

This was just a discussion on a slow Sunday. Pretty sure I threw in a couple of qualifiers noting it was still too soon to say one way or another both about this team and the HC. Arnold skipped over that part of the discussion. And I agree w/you you re: Miami and said so in another thread. ✌

You absolutely did qualify your statements. Both of you are right about Miami. And Greenway, who doesn't love a girl who analyzes football by using the expression "stepping on their own dicks"??
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, Dendrobates and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-09-19, 23:44

duffy munn wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

You absolutely did qualify your statements. Both of you are right about Miami. And Greenway, who doesn't love a girl who analyzes football by using the expression "stepping on their own dicks"??

Ran into jingles. Had a beer with him. I do t think I had a free moment. People down there texting to see you I was all over the place. By the way, hot Humid his hair was perfect
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2021-09-19, 23:44

Our guys did have a hand in the dick stepping. The turnovers weren't unforced errors. Our guys made game changing plays. Theirs didn't. Sucks to be them.

I read they had 30 missed tackles and are statistically the worst tackling team in the country, but again, it's our guys refusing to go down/making them miss that's part of the equation too.

Miami's got a fair amount of talent on that roster. Appears they're not well coached. Our guys look very well coached thru 3 games.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-09-19, 23:53

Heat Miser wrote:Our guys did have a hand in the dick stepping. The turnovers weren't unforced errors. Our guys made game changing plays. Theirs didn't. Sucks to be them.

I read they had 30 missed tackles and are statistically the worst tackling team in the country, but again, it's our guys refusing to go down/making them miss that's part of the equation too.

Miami's got a fair amount of talent on that roster. Appears they're not well coached. Our guys look very well coached thru 3 games.

Just watched the game sober. The only turnover that I’d say we didn’t force was the long ball down the middle. Both his fumbles were forced by our guys. And the big one was Beesly just being the biggest bad ass on the field with a blind side hit that caused the fumble.

Also. This staff have turned Hayward into an unbelievable valuable player. His blocking is jaw dropping. Look at Reed’s last TD.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-09-19, 23:54

Heat Miser wrote:Our guys did have a hand in the dick stepping. The turnovers weren't unforced errors. Our guys made game changing plays. Theirs didn't. Sucks to be them.

Just watched the game sober. The only turnover that I’d say we didn’t force was the long ball down the middle. Both his fumbles were forced by our guys. And the big one was Beesly just being the biggest bad ass on the field with a blind side hit that caused the fumble.

Also. This staff have turned Hayward into an unbelievable valuable player. His blocking is jaw dropping. Look at Reed’s last TD.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-09-20, 06:05

I had remembered how big the Beesley sack/fumble was with them having the momentum and down just 3, but had forgotten until rewatching it that it was literally the first play after Brantley's ejection. Talk about turning the game on its head.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-09-20, 07:25

If you didn't or couldn't DVR the game I found it here. Who knows how long it will be there before the copyright police cry foul.

Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-09-20, 07:37

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Jerries and Joes.

Defender looked fooled by the misdirection and the play developed so fast by the time he recognized who had the ball he had a low chance of making the tackle.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-09-20, 07:39

Heat Miser wrote:You guys do know the skull fucker is on record that this is his dream job?

I don't necessarily put a lot of stock in that, but like Dantonio once said, why not MSU? If Tucker succeeds, why not stay at MSU and build his legacy? No reason why you can't win national multiple championships at MSU. Fuck not being able to compete with tOSU. Fuck not being able to beat Alabama or Clemson. DO it.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-09-20, 07:41

[tw]1439721301753610240?s=21[/tw]
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-09-20, 07:43

Game this Saturday supposed to be a green and white out. Tucker calling for MSU fans to show the country how loud Spartan Stadium can be. Can’t wait to see it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2021-09-20, 09:24

Nice little troll by Speedy here.

[tw]1439617225728663552[/tw]
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-09-20, 09:39

steveschneider wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Jerries and Joes.

Defender looked fooled by the misdirection and the play developed so fast by the time he recognized who had the ball he had a low chance of making the tackle.

So if it's all the Xs and Os, then that explains our excellent run game last year.

You're the walking, breathing, definition of confirmation bias.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-09-20, 09:45

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

So if it's all the Xs and Os, then that explains our excellent run game last year.

How can you can you compare last years season to this one? Last year was about one game beating Michigan and setting the tone. I feel like Tucker’s post game press conference after OSU was all about setting expectations. He couldn’t recruit, had no spring and our fall camp was a mess.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-09-20, 09:49

Also, you are right there's a huge increase in talent. No question about it and that's always going to be a huge part of success in college sports but I still maintain this offense is vastly improved and the mindset of trying to score before the half, not settling to just melt the clock at the end of the game, throwing deep...this is all new ground.

Look at last year vs Michigan throwing deep caught Michigan off and for good reason previous MSU teams threw the ball deep maybe once a game.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-09-20, 09:58

We are fortunate to have a potential future resident of the Nissan Heisman House. Let’s hope we are in the conversation for the Dr. Pepper Fansville Trophy. Might be a bit premature though might need more cash from Rocket Mortgage or United Wholesale Mortgage to build a few more recruiting lounges to push us over that hump.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-09-20, 10:07

[tw]1439919148839079944?s=20[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-09-20, 10:44

steveschneider wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

How can you can you compare last years season to this one? Last year was about one game beating Michigan and setting the tone. I feel like Tucker’s post game press conference after OSU was all about setting expectations. He couldn’t recruit, had no spring and our fall camp was a mess.

In other words, it's the Jerries and Joes (or Jimmies and Joes, for Nigel and others if they prefer). Which is absolutely NOT to say that the coaches have no effect. They create those Jerries and Joes. They recruit, develop, and motivate those Jerries and Joes. Then, of course, there is timing for when to call what, making adjustments, utilizing your players' skill sets, etc. Whether your base O is a traditional 2 back, QB under center kind of thing, or 4 wide pistol formation, they can be successful with good players and coach that can make the right calls and adjustments within those schemes.

Remember Charlie Weiss and how well his "decided schematic advantage" worked out? That's kind of what I'm getting at.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-09-20, 10:50

steveschneider wrote:Also, you are right there's a huge increase in talent. No question about it and that's always going to be a huge part of success in college sports but I still maintain this offense is vastly improved and the mindset of trying to score before the half, not settling to just melt the clock at the end of the game, throwing deep...this is all new ground.

Look at last year vs Michigan throwing deep caught Michigan off and for good reason previous MSU teams threw the ball deep maybe once a game.

Melt the clock?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-09-20, 10:53

tGreenWay wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Also, you are right there's a huge increase in talent. No question about it and that's always going to be a huge part of success in college sports but I still maintain this offense is vastly improved and the mindset of trying to score before the half, not settling to just melt the clock at the end of the game, throwing deep...this is all new ground.

Melt the clock?

What? Happens all the time.

Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 12 300px-The_Persistence_of_Memory
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-09-20, 10:58

DWags wrote:Just watched the game sober. The only turnover that I’d say we didn’t force was the long ball down the middle. Both his fumbles were forced by our guys. And the big one was Beesly just being the biggest bad ass on the field with a blind side hit that caused the fumble.

DWags wrote:Just watched the game sober. The only turnover that I’d say we didn’t force was the long ball down the middle. Both his fumbles were forced by our guys. And the big one was Beesly just being the biggest bad ass on the field with a blind side hit that caused the fumble.

so.. are we all just gonna pretend that DWags didn't post the same thing twice while insisting that he was sober?  Wink
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next