Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mel Tucker the Skullfucker: Please post your first impressions here

+30
WhiteBoyHatcher
Heat Miser
duffy munn
AvgMSUJoe
Heathens '87
aualum06
Nordic
Jake from State Farm
Cameron
Travis of the Cosmos
Dendrobates
I.B. Fine
Rocinante
Watch Out Pylon!
Turtleneck
Floyd Robertson
NigelUno
InTenSity
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
MSU addict
CORNER BLITZ
kingstonlake
Wally Fairway
MiamiSpartan
MattyFresh
tGreenWay
GRR Spartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
34 posters

Page 11 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 11 Empty Re: Mel Tucker the Skullfucker: Please post your first impressions here

Post by MSU addict 2021-04-11, 10:01

Bob, I am very disappointed in your story. 

I expected you to claim that after you simply said "'sup Tuck" that Coach Tucker flew into a violent rage (channeling his inner Bobby Knight) grabbed you by throat and said "Son, my name isn’t Tuck for you. It’s Mr. Tucker or Coach Tucker.

I don't care if that is not true.  I come here to be entertained.  Frankly, my desire for observing petty fits of rage is not being met since January 20.  Not to mention the obvious - that to be a successful coach you must have a hair trigger temper.

Last edited by MSU addict on 2021-04-11, 13:26; edited 1 time in total
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 11 Empty Re: Mel Tucker the Skullfucker: Please post your first impressions here

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-04-11, 12:36

MSU addict wrote:Bob, I am very disappointed in your story. 

I expected you to claim that after you simply said "'sup Tuck" that Coach Tucker flew into a violent rage (channeling his inner Bobby Knight) grabbed you by throat and said "Son, my name isn’t Tuck for you. It’s Mr. Tucker or Coach Tucker.

I don't care if that is not true.  I come here to be entertained.  Frankly, my desire for observing petty fits of rage is not being me since January 20.  Not to mention the obvious - that to be a successful coach you must have a hair trigger temper.
Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 11 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-04-11, 12:37

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Just 'sup'd Coach Tucker in the parking lot of Monticello's in Haslett.

I'm sure it's a moment he'll never forget.

FTR, when Bob walked up to me and introduced himself, I was impressed. Kind of in between the feeling I got when I met Bob Seger and when I met Lloyd Carr. More towards the Seger feeling.
the pleasure was all.mine. Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 11 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-04-11, 12:39

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Just 'sup'd Coach Tucker in the parking lot of Monticello's in Haslett.

I'm sure it's a moment he'll never forget.

what did he say back, bob? a head nod? tip of the cap? I wonder if he went back to his family and told them he saw bobby sak!
he had that sort of stern look.. and said "how we doin'? with a tone that suggested he was a perfectly nice guy but not in the mood to chat.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-04-11, 14:21

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

what did he say back, bob? a head nod? tip of the cap? I wonder if he went back to his family and told them he saw bobby sak!
he had that sort of stern look.. and said "how we doin'? with a tone that suggested he was a perfectly nice guy but not in the mood to chat.

You missed your opportunity. When he asked, “how we doin?”, the response should have been, “we’re 1-0”. He would have got it, all Spartans would have got it, and you would have put the exact amount of respect on him and yet let him know that tSwill is keeping track, and yes, he’s on notice.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, tGreenWay and MattyFresh like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2021-04-11, 16:10

I don't get it to be honest.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-04-11, 16:50

I think it’s about Michigan wbh
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, Other Teams Pursuing That, tGreenWay, WhiteBoyHatcher and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-04-11, 17:44

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

FTR, when Bob walked up to me and introduced himself, I was impressed. Kind of in between the feeling I got when I met Bob Seger and when I met Lloyd Carr. More towards the Seger feeling.
the pleasure was all.mine. Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 11 969504605

JFC. Get a room, you two.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-04-11, 17:46

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I don't get it to be honest.

Consider yourself on notice. Double secret probation isn’t out of the question.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, DWags and MattyFresh like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-04-11, 21:01

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

You missed your opportunity. When he asked, “how we doin?”, the response should have been, “we’re 1-0”. He would have got it, all Spartans would have got it, and you would have put the exact amount of respect on him and yet let him know that tSwill is keeping track, and yes, he’s on notice.
he kinda scared me.. I was afraid to say anything else.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2021-04-11, 21:47

What kind of whip is Coach Tucker driving around the greater East Lansing area in?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-04-11, 21:52

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:What kind of whip is Coach Tucker driving around the greater East Lansing area in?
My guess... duel-y biggest fucking truck they make. Uber masculine... although I would be super impressed if he was rolling in a Subaru or something practical.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2021-04-11, 21:57

I think Izzo has a deal with Lexus, doesn't he? Maybe he introduced Tuck to those folks.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-04-11, 22:08

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I think Izzo has a deal with Lexus, doesn't he? Maybe he introduced Tuck to those folks.

Spartan Toyota/Lexus of Lansing is a longtime sponsor of MSU athletics. The contract will stipulate free use of whichever car(s) a coach like TI or MT wants. A Lexus might be a little snug for MT. My guess is a large GM SUV, but others in his family might have use of a Lexus.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2021-04-11, 22:19

tGreenWay wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I think Izzo has a deal with Lexus, doesn't he? Maybe he introduced Tuck to those folks.

Spartan Toyota/Lexus of Lansing is a longtime sponsor of MSU athletics. The contract will stipulate free use of whichever car(s) a coach like TI or MT wants. A Lexus might be a little snug for MT. My guess is a large GM SUV, but others in his family might have use of a Lexus.

Lexus makes pretty nice SUV/crossovers. tMrs has an RX350.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-04-11, 22:28

Heat Miser wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Lexus makes pretty nice SUV/crossovers. tMrs has an RX350.

They’re excellent vehicles. I’m a longtime fan of the entire company.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-04-12, 13:09

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:What kind of whip is Coach Tucker driving around the greater East Lansing area in?
I actually checked.. Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 11 502811600

it was a GMC Yukon Denali.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2021-04-12, 13:26

GW wins!

I actually would have guessed that exact vehicle myself. The new ones are pretty sharp.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-04-12, 13:43

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:GW wins!

I actually would have guessed that exact vehicle myself. The new ones are pretty sharp.
it's a rather large automobile.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-04-12, 15:15

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

it's a rather large automobile.

Did you ride your bike over to the Duff to peek in the parking lot and confirm what he drives? 🚴
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-04-12, 15:18

Yep. Whatever changes GM made a couple of years ago made that a very good looking vehicle. The center of gravity is still too high for my tastes. I have a friend who got t-boned in one and she ended up on her head.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-04-12, 16:03

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: it's a rather large automobile.

Did you ride your bike over to the Duff to peek in the parking lot and confirm what he drives? 🚴
I peeped it in the parking lot of Monticellos.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and duffy munn like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-06-04, 12:18

Please don't tell me Tucker is cozying up to Blackwell.

[tw]1400848982927159297[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2021-06-04, 16:01

lol I am POSITIVE you do not need to worry about that.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-06-04, 16:53

I mean, there’s going to be some dialogue between the two. It sucks, but the guy is practically hardwired into Detroit HS football, both with coaches and athletes. There’s a reason PSU and KY have been poaching players from Michigan, and it’s not simply because they’ve had better recruiters, nor only because MD and staff pumped the brakes on effort the last couple of years. Kids were/are being guided by trusted advisors to avoid EL.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2021-08-03, 15:05

from the side links...

[tw]1421924636623884293[/tw]

1) Hella basement ceiling height
2) Do we think the game tables were rented or judging by cigar consumption are those standard basement decor...I kinda want to lean standard issue
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-08-23, 00:25

[tw]1429555446004781059?s=20[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-08-23, 06:26

Turtleneck wrote:[tw]1429555446004781059?s=20[/tw]

It's about damn time. This should make it much more time efficient for people to tell them how much they suck everytime they do something that is slightly less than perfect.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn, Turtleneck and gomersbro like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2021-08-23, 07:33

Saw an article on my phone with the title 5 Bold Predictions for Michigan State. Number five was 4 wins. What the heck is so bold about that?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-08-23, 07:34

Jake from State Farm wrote:Saw an article on my phone with the title 5 Bold Predictions for Michigan State. Number five was 4 wins. What the heck is so bold about that?

Because when they win 8 games it will show they were boldly underestimated?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Jake from State Farm likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2021-08-23, 07:41

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:Saw an article on my phone with the title 5 Bold Predictions for Michigan State. Number five was 4 wins. What the heck is so bold about that?

Because when they win 8 games it will show they were boldly underestimated?

He's got the wolvies starting 4-0 and top 25 this season so I'm not too concerned about his predictions.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-09-04, 07:23

Home run hire.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-09-04, 08:00

3 wins as an underdog so far.

Jim Harbaugh? 0

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, Heat Miser, DWags, AvgMSUJoe and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2021-09-04, 08:25

It was nice seeing touchdowns, regardless who we were playing.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-09-04, 10:03

Dendrobates wrote:It was nice seeing touchdowns, regardless who we were playing.

That was a classic Northwestern team that dink and dunked their way to 21 points. Putting up 30+ points on the score board is a great way to put away a pesky team like that.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-09-18, 22:03

Snippet from Comp's article on Tuck talking about the heat. I especially love the bolded part.
And dealing with the 90-plus degree temperatures and stifling humidity? Tucker challenged his players to have a boxer’s mentality, and be prepared to go all 15 rounds.

Tucker credited his program’s training staff, strength coaches and nutrition specialists in prepping Michigan State to go the distance.

“We have trained in a manner that will allow us to do that, and have confidence in a tight ballgame,” Tucker said. “We wanted to drag them into the deep water, where we live, with the strain and the struggle and the pain and pressure; the weight room, the discipline, the attention to detail. All of those things. That’s where we want it to be.”
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-09-18, 23:53

MiamiSpartan wrote:Snippet from Comp's article on Tuck talking about the heat.  I especially love the bolded part.
And dealing with the 90-plus degree temperatures and stifling humidity? Tucker challenged his players to have a boxer’s mentality, and be prepared to go all 15 rounds.

Tucker credited his program’s training staff, strength coaches and nutrition specialists in prepping Michigan State to go the distance.

“We have trained in a manner that will allow us to do that, and have confidence in a tight ballgame,” Tucker said. “We wanted to drag them into the deep water, where we live, with the strain and the struggle and the pain and pressure; the weight room, the discipline, the attention to detail. All of those things. That’s where we want it to be.”

Shocked
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-09-19, 12:50

I think he’s pretty ok.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-09-19, 17:32

Crazy as it might sound, if the turnaround continues with large point total wins, MSU will have to keep a force field around the coach when suitors no doubt come calling.  That’s getting way ahead of what is always a long season, but the difference in this Spartan team compared with last season’s is night and day and other places will take notice.

Now, back to you in the studio.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-09-19, 18:00

tGreenWay wrote:Crazy as it might sound, if the turnaround continues with large point total wins, MSU will have to keep a force field around the coach when suitors no doubt come calling.  That’s getting way ahead of what is always a long season, but the difference in this Spartan team compared with last season’s is night and day and other places will take notice.

Now, back to you in the studio.
For the kids in the audience... this used to be a huge problem. One of the reasons Saban left, the admin was tired of getting shit on by coaches... and when he came in for a raise, they kicked him to lsu. Fucking Perles would flirt with every opening every off season. That's how he held up the u for the ad gig. His only repercussion was to have a box for life and be on the board. The dude who bolted to asu... Lions coach. One reason JLS was hired because he said that would be his last job before retirement.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next