Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fuck Curtis Blackwell

+11
MiamiSpartan
CORNER BLITZ
duffy munn
DWags
Motown Spartan
aualum06
tGreenWay
steveschneider
Nordic
WhiteBoyHatcher
Jake from State Farm
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fuck Curtis Blackwell Empty Fuck Curtis Blackwell

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-03-20, 18:29

Curtis Blackwell on the verge of being penniless and living under a bridge
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Fuck Curtis Blackwell Empty Re: Fuck Curtis Blackwell

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-03-20, 18:42

Deserves it's own thread.

Nice timing though. Rolling Eyes

Nothing like being vindicated on a Friday night at 6 PM during a global pandemic.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-03-20, 20:46

It was telling when the hired gun was added to the Blackwell legal team, and then rip corded two days later.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-03-20, 20:55

He's also suing the cops for $5.5m for arresting him. Has this been reported before and I just missed it?

The case against MSU Police detectives Chad Davis and Sam Miller should continue, Berens said. Blackwell is seeking up to $5.5 million from the cops, to cover lost wages and future warnings. Lawyers for the police detectives have been battling in court trying to secure financial statements from Blackwell's Sound Mind Sound Body football camp, in an attempt to prove he's not losing wages.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-03-20, 21:10

Yes that's been out there. Interesting that the magistrate is not saying that one should be tossed. Also I saw somewhere, not sure if true because I didn't read the entire article, that Paul falsely claimed that Dantonio knew about the extent of AR's troubles.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-05-20, 17:11

Case dismissed
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-05-20, 17:13

Some how I missed this thread but I agree fuck that guy.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-05-20, 17:21

@TonyPaul1984: *Blackwell federal case v. Dantonio, Hollis, Simon dismissed.
*Blackwell’s lawyers removed and ordered to pay legal fees.
*One Blackwell lawyer recommended for sanctions.
*Federal case v. MSU cops can continue, with new lawyers.
*State case v. Dantonio and Co. remains in courts.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-05-20, 17:30

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state-university/spartans/2020/05/20/judge-dismisses-curtis-blackwells-lawsuit-against-mark-dantonio-mark-hollis-lou-anna-k-simon/5232244002/
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-05-20, 17:35

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:@TonyPaul1984: *Blackwell federal case v. Dantonio, Hollis, Simon dismissed.

Tony Paul really let himself get played — repeatedly — by Warnicke and Paterson.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2020-05-20, 17:51

tGreenWay wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:@TonyPaul1984: *Blackwell federal case v. Dantonio, Hollis, Simon dismissed.

Tony Paul really let himself get played — repeatedly — by Warnicke and Paterson.

Still hanging on to those last couple cases
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-05-20, 17:59

What did Tony Paul do?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-05-20, 18:25

Pretty good Twitter slap fight going on right now between Tony Paul and Evan Jankens from 97.1.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-05-20, 20:28

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Pretty good Twitter slap fight going on right now between Tony Paul and Evan Jankens from 97.1.

Heading on over to watch.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-05-20, 20:53

Never heard of Evan until seeing that. I don’t know about Tony’s 97.1 story but the ticket is pretty much low brow tabloid level shit. It’s fun to take in every now and then but there’s just so much wrong about it.

Like today I saw people melting down that Mel Tucker was having a YT podcast with Jemele Hill and these ticket fans thought it would be better with Valenti. Are you kidding me? She’s on a completely different plane of existence than him.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-05-20, 21:19

steveschneider wrote:Never heard of Evan until seeing that. I don’t know about Tony’s 97.1 story but the ticket is pretty much low brow tabloid level shit. It’s fun to take in every now and then but there’s just so much wrong about it.

Like today I saw people melting down that Mel Tucker was having a YT podcast with Jemele Hill and these ticket fans thought it would be better with Valenti. Are you kidding me? She’s on a completely different plane of existence than him.

There’s no reason he can’t do both. It would be good to cover a lot of different areas, and MT probably will. Somebody had to go first.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-05-20, 21:24

Motown Spartan wrote:What did Tony Paul do?

It would be only slightly hyperbolic to say Paul basically gave the plaintiffs attorneys his password to post on the News website. He published any- and everything he was given, and it was clear he didn’t do any reporting or vetting on his own. It was really very sloppy journalism. Actually, it wasn’t journalism at all; it was Tony Paul acting as Paterson and Warnicke’s PR machine.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-05-20, 21:27

Re: The Twitter meltdowns over Jemele - Yeah that's stupid people shit.

I'm a little torn on Tony's coverage. I'm not a journalist, I have never been raised on journalistic principles. He's a journalist, it's his job to report the news from a neutral standpoint, and he did that. Where I am conflicted is - what is 'news'? Just because Blackwell and his attorneys want something to be news, should it be so? The only people that really care about it, frankly, are Walmarters at that point. Are they that significant? I have tried to discourage clicks form MSU alums in these instances.

Tony is a smart enough guy. He's a MSU alum, and while he remains neutral in his reporting, I have followed him for years, and I've been in contact with him, and I know that he's not trying to do MSU dirty. I just don't know if I can get with the angle of being willfully used by the plaintiff's quite obviously deceitful legal team, to put out salacious and malicious accusations against the defense, while knowing that they are not at all pertinent to the case.

I really don't know what to think there. I've felt all along that it was kind of tabloid-ey of him to do this.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-05-20, 21:33

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Pretty good Twitter slap fight going on right now between Tony Paul and Evan Jankens from 97.1.

I think I might write him now.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2020-05-20, 21:38

WBH. I don't think Paul was intentionally trying to do MSU or Coach D dirty. I think Tony Paul was trying to get clicks/sensationalize and that is not journalism. The very second the interwebs ( or as I like to call it the misinformation super highway) started journalism died.

I don't fault him really. It is was it is.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-05-20, 21:43

duffy munn wrote:WBH. I don't think Paul was intentionally trying to do MSU or Coach D dirty. I think Tony Paul was trying to get clicks/sensationalize and that is not journalism. The very second the interwebs ( or as I like to call it the misinformation super highway) started journalism died.

I don't fault him really. It is was it is.

Some msu alumni helped Tony smear Dantonio by carrying his water for him and spreading his shit around. Fuck everybody.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-05-21, 07:43

tGreenWay wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Never heard of Evan until seeing that. I don’t know about Tony’s 97.1 story but the ticket is pretty much low brow tabloid level shit. It’s fun to take in every now and then but there’s just so much wrong about it.

There’s no reason he can’t do both. It would be good to cover a lot of different areas, and MT probably will. Somebody had to go first.

I listened to the ticket during the start of the pandemic. I’m convinced that show is just to feed angry sports fans. Valenti doesn’t like the media, he doesn’t like politicians he has no side, he’s just listening to his boy Dr Fauci...they package this show that you are better off listening to them than all those “morons” and right away I’m always weary of media personalities like this.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-05-21, 08:17

I was surprised Wojo joined the twitter spat. He had said Dantonio should have settled back in February. So did Sam Webb and John U Bacon. I always thought they were being fed by some “inside source”. But the fact Wojo was so upset yesterday and answered back on Twitter was telling in my book. They wanted Dantonio Hollis and Simon to fry. Wojo claimed yesterday by Dantonio not choosing to settle it really hurt MSU but wouldn’t say how other than it was his belief Dantonio would still be our coach if he did.

The fan boys are pissed today. That’s a good thing.

I cant tell you what kind of slimy pos Blackwell.

Last edited by DWags on 2020-05-21, 08:50; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2020-05-21, 08:25

DWags wrote:I was surprised Wojo joined the twitter spat. He had said Dantonio should have settled back in February. So did Sam Webb and John U Bacon. I always thought they were being fed by some “inside source”. But the fact Wojo was so upset yesterday and answered back on Twitter was telling in my book. They wanted Dantonio Hollis and Simon to fry. Wojo claimed yesterday by Dantonio not choosing to settle it really hurt MSU but wouldn’t say how other than it was his belief Dantonio would still be our coach if he did.

The fan boys are pushed today. That’s a good thing.

Settling would have hurt MSU. I never got how people didn't understand that. If Coach D settled it would be equal to a guilty plea and the likes of Wojo would have jumped all over it.

Nobody who covered this whole thing said anything about what a slimeball Blackwell was/is. Now with the case dismissed the publicity is limited except for the twitter war. Win-Win for Dantonio and MSU.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-05-21, 08:30

DWags wrote:I was surprised Wojo joined the twitter spat. He had said Dantonio should have settled back in February. So did Sam Webb and John U Bacon. I always thought they were being fed by some “inside source”. But the fact Wojo was so upset yesterday and answered back on Twitter was telling in my book. They wanted Dantonio Hollis and Simon to fry. Wojo claimed yesterday by Dantonio not choosing to settle it really hurt MSU but wouldn’t say how other than it was his belief Dantonio would still be our coach if he did.

One random thought, for all the people that were ripping on MSU's leadership during the Fickell fall out MSU's leadership sure did navigate this situation pretty well. They got rid of Blackwell in a lawful way and they didn't settle.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-05-21, 09:08

Also, what the hell is going on with Ward Manuel? Seems like he's one of the most incompetent AD's in the state complete with massive gaffes and cover ups right out in the open. Where's all the takes about how toxic the leadership is at UofM? Maybe our fan base when we melt down over social media we take the bait more than them. Their fans seem like they are crickets whenever a scandal comes out. Very weird.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-05-21, 09:24

steveschneider wrote:

One random thought, for all the people that were ripping on MSU's leadership during the Fickell fall out MSU's leadership sure did navigate this situation pretty well. They got rid of Blackwell in a lawful way and they didn't settle.

Also, if at anytime I was overly emotional a bout anyone who seemingly took Blackwell's side in this, I have had first hand dealings with him, his friends, his college fraternity brothers. He cannot be a bigger piece of rat shit. They all believe that public money is not to be a stewardship by them, best spent among the community it was meant for, but they think, if they stumble into being in charge of public money, it is theirs to decide what to do with, and guess who always gets first cut?

Please lord, hear my prayer, please open up the books of bigger faster stronger camps. Please. That's just one arm of a criminal organization.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-05-21, 09:38

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Also, if at anytime I was overly emotional a bout anyone who seemingly took Blackwell's side in this, I have had first hand dealings with him, his friends, his college fraternity brothers. He cannot be a bigger piece of rat shit. They all believe that public money is not to be a stewardship by them, best spent among the community it was meant for, but they think, if they stumble into being in charge of public money, it is theirs to decide what to do with, and guess who always gets first cut?

Please lord, hear my prayer, please open up the books of bigger faster stronger camps. Please. That's just one arm of a criminal organization.

The whole camp thing, McDonals all American thing etc. just seems scummy. Lots of handlers and shady dealings going down for top recruits. Regarding Blackwell I take your word for it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-06-07, 19:10

https://amp.detroitnews.com/amp/3170708001

A lawyer for a former Michigan State football staff member has thrown out the playbook, switched up opponents, and even changed venues.

Curtis Blackwell has filed yet another lawsuit against his ex-boss, former football coach Mark Dantonio, and also is suing Dantonio's lawyer and the law firm Michigan State hired to investigate the athletic department's handling of sexual-assault allegations.

Blackwell's lawyer, Andrew Paterson, claims in the case, which was filed late Saturday night in federal court in Detroit that Dantonio and his lawyer conspired to "dig up dirt" on Blackwell during a previous federal case, and that the Jones Day law firm served as "agents" for Michigan State in smearing Blackwell's reputation in its reporting clearing MSU of any wrongdoing in the wake of two sexual-assault allegations in 2017
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-06-07, 19:22

CORNER BLITZ wrote:https://amp.detroitnews.com/amp/3170708001

A lawyer for a former Michigan State football staff member has thrown out the playbook, switched up opponents, and even changed venues.

Curtis Blackwell has filed yet another lawsuit against his ex-boss, former football coach Mark Dantonio, and also is suing Dantonio's lawyer and the law firm Michigan State hired to investigate the athletic department's handling of sexual-assault allegations.

Blackwell's lawyer, Andrew Paterson, claims in the case, which was filed late Saturday night in federal court in Detroit that Dantonio and his lawyer conspired to "dig up dirt" on Blackwell during a previous federal case, and that the Jones Day law firm served as "agents" for Michigan State in smearing Blackwell's reputation in its reporting clearing MSU of any wrongdoing in the wake of two sexual-assault allegations in 2017
If at first you don’t succeed...lie lie again.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-06-07, 19:34

There’s a pretty good chance that one lawyer loses his license, or at the very least, gets suspended from practice. He’s doing things that just aren’t supposed to be done, and keeps doing them despite being told to stop.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-06-07, 20:15

Ok, so the guy who is flinging every spec of dirt that he can, complains that someone is digging up dirt on his client.

And that one of the most respected firms in the country were paid off for their report. That's some Kathy Redmond type shit there.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-06-07, 20:21

I'm just going to assume that this is going to be pinned to the front page of the Freep until the case and the attorney get thrown out of court and which ever "reporter" wrote it up will never own up to getting paid to post the press release from the attorney involved.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2020-06-07, 20:30

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Ok, so the guy who is flinging every spec of dirt that he can, complains that someone is digging up dirt on his client.

And that one of the most respected firms in the country were paid off for their report. That's some Kathy Redmond type shit there.

Wtf, this is for real?
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-06-07, 21:10

Jake from State Farm wrote:

I'm just going to assume that this is going to be pinned to the front page of the Freep until the case and the attorney get thrown out of court and which ever "reporter" wrote it up will never own up to getting paid to post the press release from the attorney involved.

You might be thinking of the DetNews and “reporter” (aka: Blackwell’s PR chief) Tony Paul. They left the one story pinned for months.
Also, adding to what I posted a little earlier, Paterson has to appear before CJ Jonker. This pretty much assures there will be sanctions. Jonker is tough and tolerates none of what Paterson and Warnicke have been doing.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-06-07, 21:14

Curtis Blackwell has filed yet another lawsuit against his  ex-boss, former football coach Mark Dantonio, and also is suing Dantonio's lawyer and the law firm Michigan State hired to investigate the athletic department's handling of sexual-assault allegations.

Oh the irony
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-06-08, 07:47

Blackwell and/or his lawyers have to have some outside financial help giving infusions of cash for this smearing of Dantonio that seems to have no end.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-06-08, 14:27

Should I even bother to read up on this? Given the state of the world I feel like this is low priority concern for me. Guy is a proven liar...if there's anything that he's saying that seems truthful let me know.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2020-06-09, 15:27

steveschneider wrote:Should I even bother to read up on this? Given the state of the world I feel like this is low priority concern for me. Guy is a proven liar...if there's anything that he's saying that seems truthful let me know.

Steve, my friend, we wouldn't want you to wait that long. I don't think he is a very truthful person. If he is, he has not gone about it the smartest way. So, in summation, it sounds as if he is not only less than truthful, but also not the brightest dude. Admittedly, I was quite excited when he was hired. In hindsight, not so much.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-06-09, 21:29

I think within a year, more shit is going to come out on blackwell in another part of his life. And it's not gonna be good.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next