Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great interview with Curtis Blackwell on recruiting and the Spartan Way

4 posters

Go down

Great interview with Curtis Blackwell on recruiting and the Spartan Way Empty Great interview with Curtis Blackwell on recruiting and the Spartan Way

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-01-25, 10:42

Along, naturally, with a response to a question about Michigan and their coaching change. Great interview with Curtis Blackwell on recruiting and the Spartan Way 502811600

Q: Speaking of Michigan, there's obviously a lot of attention there with the coaching change. Does that get the MSU's staff competitive juices flowing a bit more?

A: "At the end of the day, we went to the Cotton Bowl, went to the Rose Bowl, we've won Big Ten championships. So I think we're in our own category right now. Some people may be looking for something different, but for us it's, 'Hey, if you want to be part of a championship program, it's right here.' We're not trying to compare ourselves to other programs based on other hires or anything. We talk about our player development and what we do. When other hires occur, that's great in terms of the excitement. But we're just focused on our own success that we're having here."

Great interview with Curtis Blackwell on recruiting and the Spartan Way 685334576

Michigan State's Blackwell on recruiting: We're getting a ton of love
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Great interview with Curtis Blackwell on recruiting and the Spartan Way Empty Re: Great interview with Curtis Blackwell on recruiting and the Spartan Way

Post by Turtleneck 2015-01-25, 10:50

I'm sure it is nice for MSU to be able to point to a trophy case and say, "Hey, if you want to be part of a championship program, it's right here." Also, at this point, the development aspect at MSU is phenomenal.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Great interview with Curtis Blackwell on recruiting and the Spartan Way Empty Re: Great interview with Curtis Blackwell on recruiting and the Spartan Way

Post by Guest 2015-01-25, 10:50

And a note in there about how they're babysitting Scott from poachers.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-01-25, 11:16

LooseGoose wrote:And a note in there about how they're babysitting Scott from poachers.

The guy they hired in AA has poached has poached a couple in the past 36 hours. It will be interesting if he gets more.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-01-25, 11:46

Turtleneck wrote:

The guy they hired in AA has poached has poached a couple in the past 36 hours. It will be interesting if he gets more.

From who?
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-01-25, 11:51

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

From who?

Nebraska and Texas.

Edit:

Apparently Jim Harbaugh was doing more on Saturday than messing around with the Michigan band. The Wolverines picked up their first two verbal commitments under Harbaugh on Saturday, nabbing both a defensive end and flipping a quarterback from Texas.

Which is good news for Michigan, because if there was one thing that seems to have gotten lost in all the happy feelings surrounding the Harbaugh hire, it's that Michigan's 2015 recruiting class barely even exists. Even with the additions of three-star defensive end Reuben Jones and four-star quarterback Zach Gentry, Michigan's 2015 class still only has eight commits with not much time to add to it before National Signing Day on Feb. 4.
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24992159/jim-harbaugh-lands-his-first-two-recruits-at-michigan

There is a caveat to Gentry flipping. It might have been less about "OMG HARBAUGH!!!" and more about UT telling Gentry they would not add another QB to their 2015 class, but then attempt to do the opposite.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-01-25, 13:39

I don't follow recruiting much but that was a great interview.
I wonder about the success rate of flipped recruits. MSU doesn't have a very big sample set - I know of Pittman and Drake Harris - neither of whom seemed to have panned out. I think adverse selection is the term.
So if Harbough builds a class of flipped recruits does he end up with a bunch of flakes? Probably not as I guess poaching has become the new norm and the SEC does fine with it. But I like the way we do things
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-01-25, 15:29

Herbie Green wrote:I don't follow recruiting much but that was a great interview.
I wonder about the success rate of flipped recruits. MSU doesn't have a very big sample set - I know of Pittman and Drake Harris - neither of whom seemed to have panned out. I think adverse selection is the term.
So if Harbough builds a class of flipped recruits does he end up with a bunch of flakes? Probably not as I guess poaching has become the new norm and the SEC does fine with it. But I like the way we do things

Drake Harris wasn't really a football flip, and both he and Pittman have sucked so far. Overall a win for the good guys.

Hardon's other flip was from UCONN the kind a player the scUM slappies would have scoffed at any other time. I'm still laughing at them speculating a few weeks ago about turning 5*'s away that would be rushing to play for the new regime.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down