Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus?? We gone?

+32
y2kMgrad
tGreenWay
gomersbro
NigelUno
GRR Spartan
Wally Fairway
Travis of the Cosmos
Cameron
aualum06
Dendrobates
Tim Wakefield
duffy munn
The Pantry
pulling69
Jake from State Farm
msugolfguy
InTenSity
CORNER BLITZ
Rocinante
Other Teams Pursuing That
MSU addict
DWags
WhiteBoyHatcher
AvgMSUJoe
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
Heat Miser
kingstonlake
Turtleneck
Watch Out Pylon!
MiamiSpartan
36 posters

Page 9 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next

Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 9 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-04-02, 08:16

msugolfguy wrote:Can anyone explain to me why conservatives are still comparing this to the H1N1 outbreak. They want someone to explain it to them with FACTS and LOGIC that this isn't that bad.

I want to be like dude is this the hill you want to plant your flag on? I'll admit that global warming is mired in question. However this one seems pretty cut and dry. Yet we have some of them driving to hospitals and saying LOOK THE PARKING LOT IS EMPTY. I'm like no shit we're not allowing visitor. Go inside and look at the warzone.

This is all very confusing to me. While I understand the economic crisis that is occurring at the same time I don't think they realize hospital run pretty lean as is. This is just crushing the system.

Show them this:
Coronavirus daily death rate now double daily death rate of flu.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-04-02, 08:27

Had a really good day yesterday. Got to see my buddy who’s a cancer recovery miracle. Tried to sneak a care package to him and his family on Hubbard lake cause I heard through the grapevine they are up here trying to keep him away from the shit down state. He busted me (well his dogs did) while I left it in the driveway, didn’t know it was me because of his eyesight until he got about 20 feet away, so we chatted from a distance for 20 minutes. Got home and the back yard was full of holes. My daughter spent the whole day digging up worms. For some reason she’s fascinated with it lol. So we dug up worms for quite a while. She’ll run two counties away to avoid an ant, but will dig up worms.... explain that lol.

Good days can be had.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-04-02, 08:31

https://fortune.com/2020/03/30/usps-postal-service-stimulus-package-no-funding-post-office-mail-delivery-could-shutter-june-coronavirus-relief-bill/
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-04-02, 08:36

6.6 million jobless claims last week..... majority in the service sector.

Last edited by kingstonlake on 2020-04-02, 08:37; edited 1 time in total
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-02, 08:36

msugolfguy wrote:Can anyone explain to me why conservatives are still comparing this to the H1N1 outbreak. They want someone to explain it to them with FACTS and LOGIC that this isn't that bad.

I want to be like dude is this the hill you want to plant your flag on? I'll admit that global warming is mired in question. However this one seems pretty cut and dry. Yet we have some of them driving to hospitals and saying LOOK THE PARKING LOT IS EMPTY. I'm like no shit we're not allowing visitor. Go inside and look at the warzone.

This is all very confusing to me. While I understand the economic crisis that is occurring at the same time I don't think they realize hospital run pretty lean as is. This is just crushing the system.
America is a stupid country.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-02, 08:37

kingstonlake wrote:6 million jobless claims last week..... majority in the service sector.
did nobody tell these people that this was a hoax?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-04-02, 08:40

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:6 million jobless claims last week..... majority in the service sector.
did nobody tell these people that this was a hoax?

No worries. Walmart and Amazon are on the case.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-02, 08:40

kingstonlake wrote:Had a really good day yesterday. Got to see my buddy who’s a cancer recovery miracle. Tried to sneak a care package to him and his family on Hubbard lake cause I heard through the grapevine they are up here trying to keep him away from the shit down state. He busted me (well his dogs did) while I left it in the driveway, didn’t know it was me because of his eyesight until he got about 20 feet away, so we chatted from a distance for 20 minutes. Got home and the back yard was full of holes. My daughter spent the whole day digging up worms. For some reason she’s fascinated with it lol. So we dug up worms for quite a while. She’ll run two counties away to avoid an ant, but will dig up worms.... explain that lol.

Good days can be had.
Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 9 502811600

nature is the one and only area that doesn't seem impacted. I go out 2-3 times a day just for walks, etc - this morning was deep in the woods at sunrise. Seems like it's the one aspect of the world where we can leave things behind for a bit. Birds out, sun rising, worms.. Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 9 502811600 .. plants sprouting up. Blissful signs of life with no interruption.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-04-02, 08:43

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/gma/engineer-tried-crash-train-usns-mercy-los-angeles-233500380--abc-news-topstories.html

A California Highway Patrol officer caught Moreno as he allegedly tried to escape from the scene, according to the complaint. Moreno allegedly told officers and FBI investigators that he deliberately derailed the train because he was suspicious of the Mercy's intentions and thought it was actually part of a government takeover, the complaint said.

What. The. Fuck?

I don't think we're talking about this story enough. Some tried to drive a train into a naval hospital ship because the guy thought it was part of a government takeover.

A FUCKING TRAIN!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-04-02, 08:50

kingstonlake wrote:Had a really good day yesterday. Got to see my buddy who’s a cancer recovery miracle. Tried to sneak a care package to him and his family on Hubbard lake cause I heard through the grapevine they are up here trying to keep him away from the shit down state. He busted me (well his dogs did) while I left it in the driveway, didn’t know it was me because of his eyesight until he got about 20 feet away, so we chatted from a distance for 20 minutes. Got home and the back yard was full of holes. My daughter spent the whole day digging up worms. For some reason she’s fascinated with it lol. So we dug up worms for quite a while. She’ll run two counties away to avoid an ant, but will dig up worms.... explain that lol.

Good days can be had.

Ants bite, can crawl under your shirt, etc. Worms do not.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-04-02, 08:55

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Good days can be had.

Ants bite, can crawl under your shirt, etc. Worms do not.

This is true but I can’t remember her ever being bit by an ant. One crawled on her leg a while ago and it was freak out city lol.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-04-02, 08:59

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/gma/engineer-tried-crash-train-usns-mercy-los-angeles-233500380--abc-news-topstories.html

What. The. Fuck?

I don't think we're talking about this story enough. Some tried to drive a train into a naval hospital ship because the guy thought it was part of a government takeover.

A FUCKING TRAIN!

Pylon I admit I’m not a train expert but I think his plan was flawed
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-04-02, 09:05

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Good days can be had.

nature is the one and only area that doesn't seem impacted. I go out 2-3 times a day just for walks, etc - this morning was deep in the woods at sunrise. Seems like it's the one aspect of the world where we can leave things behind for a bit. Birds out, sun rising, worms.. Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 9 502811600 .. plants sprouting up. Blissful signs of life with no interruption.

Saw a story last night with all of these recent videos of wild animals that have been exploring the largely deserted streets of various cities.

This fella was on my back fence yesterday. That's not altogether unusual, as there are a couple around my house, but the odd part is that he let me walk up within about arm's reach (clearly didn't get the the memo on social distancing). He started running right as I snapped the picture so I caught the start of his first leap, which I thought was kind of a cool action shot.

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 9 Resize19
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-04-02, 09:06

I’m a little confused. DeSantis ordered a statewide shelter in place. Did Florida turn off the “warm”? Why turn off the cure?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-04-02, 09:08

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

A FUCKING TRAIN!

Oh yeah, the guy is batshit insane. I'm just amazed that the idea to try to crash a train into a ship entered his head.

Also, how does someone who is obviously this crazy get to be a train engineer?

Last edited by Watch Out Pylon! on 2020-04-02, 09:09; edited 1 time in total
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-04-02, 09:09

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Good days can be had.

Saw a story last night with all of these recent videos of wild animals that have been exploring the largely deserted streets of various cities.

This fella was on my back fence yesterday. That's not altogether unusual, as there are a couple around my house, but the odd part is that he let me walk up within about arm's reach (clearly didn't get the the memo on social distancing). He started running right as I snapped the picture so I caught the start of his first leap, which I thought was kind of a cool action shot.

We've got a whole family of them living on/around the seawall here. tMrs saw a manatee in the bay this morning.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-04-02, 09:11

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Oh yeah, the guy is batshit insane. I'm just amazed that the idea to try to crash a train into a ship entered his head.

Gotta crash the train into something pylon it might as well be a boat
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-04-02, 09:14

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

A FUCKING TRAIN!

And the "adult in the room" has got tWingnuts after him. How dare he disagree with Orange Jesus.

Anthony Fauci to get a security detail after facing threats, reports say
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-04-02, 09:27

Georgia’s governor just woke up from a month long nap.

[tw]1245513642319151110?s=21[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-04-02, 09:31

More dumbfuckery:

Florida religious services exempt from stay-at-home executive order
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-04-02, 09:33

Dr Fauci has the people Trump 2016 and Trump2020 appealed to threatening his life.

Meanwhile we have gone from “One Chinese on a plane, we’ve go it handled” to 10M new jobless claims filed in the last two weeks. (3.36M for March 26 report and 6.64M for today’s report) That’s like the whole population of Michigan filing in 2 weeks.

The biggest week in the recent Great Recession was 668K. Anyway you try to spin in we are in a Depression.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-04-02, 09:37

kingstonlake wrote:I’m a little confused. DeSantis ordered a statewide shelter in place. Did Florida turn off the “warm”? Why turn off the cure?

I mean some hospitals are turning up the heat and trying to make it humid to fight off covid. Virus generally in cooler places now and has taken longer to spread to warm places.... but yeah that orange guy said something dumb a couple weeks ago so LOLz
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-04-02, 09:37

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Good days can be had.

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 9 2275418548
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-04-02, 09:41

kingstonlake wrote:I’m a little confused. DeSantis ordered a statewide shelter in place. Did Florida turn off the “warm”? Why turn off the cure?

Temps did drop into the low-mid 60s last night, the coolest it has been in a couple of weeks.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-02, 09:52

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I would burn down the house.

(I don't do lizard-y things real well).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-04-02, 09:55

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

That's bug control. We like lizards of all sizes around these parts. Apparently they taste like chicken too!
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-04-02, 09:59

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

We were on scorpion watch at night when we rented a house out in Tempe for that Arizona State road game.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-02, 10:05

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I would burn down the house.

We were on scorpion watch at night when we rented a house out in Tempe for that Arizona State road game.
off topic (but, then again, everything is off topic) but in central America, it isn't odd at all to be eating dinner and a big ass lizard just walks into the open air restaurant.. or dirt floor market you're in. They're like freakin' squirrels might be on campus.

somehow I can tolerate them a little more there - maybe it's the security of being in a public space vs out in the rural countryside where I suspect they might kidnap me and take me to the closest bbq spit.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-04-02, 10:21

Coming from Colorado here.. that thing looks like it's straight out of fucking Jurassic Park. Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 9 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-04-02, 10:29

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Coming from Colorado here.. that thing looks like it's straight out of fucking Jurassic Park. Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 9 502811600

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 9 6956f6ff12910e260ee387cf4460495f
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-04-02, 10:32

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Coming from Colorado here.. that thing looks like it's straight out of fucking Jurassic Park. Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 9 502811600

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 9 6956f6ff12910e260ee387cf4460495f

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 9 1966794946

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 9 HandmadeEquatorialAlpineroadguidetigerbeetle-size_restricted
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-04-02, 10:39

Schools are done in MI officially.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-04-02, 10:40

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Schools are done in MI officially.

Done as in done or done as in still learn online but not going back in
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-04-02, 10:41

https://www.wxyz.com/news/coronavirus/gov-whitmer-orders-all-k-12-schools-to-close-for-remainder-of-academic-year

In person done.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-02, 10:51

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:https://www.wxyz.com/news/coronavirus/gov-whitmer-orders-all-k-12-schools-to-close-for-remainder-of-academic-year

In person done.
in person done, which, most of us knew all along. The only real issue has been how promoting/graduating students might be handled. Looks like Gov. Whitmer is going to promote/graduate students. I suspect some sort of supplemental/bridge component will be in place for secondary ed students come fall semester. Lots of students will struggle and it's the students that are already most at-risk (low income, urban/rural areas).

there isn't an education handbook on how to handle instruction, design, development and assessment during a pandemic. I'd say Gov. Whitmer is doing as good of a job that can be done.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2020-04-02, 11:23

Tell ya what guys, this online learning is NOT getting it done. I've had 90% completion rate, higher than I could've expected, but it's not high quality work. We're gonna be so far behind when we eventually come back. And my district is 1:1 and fairly well-off. A majority of kids, I think, are going to be in two groups:
1. No access to online learning
2. Low motivación to complete the online learning that's provided to them.

Selfishly I'd like it to count, but I don't see how it can.
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-02, 11:28

Tim Wakefield wrote:Tell ya what guys, this online learning is NOT getting it done. I've had 90% completion rate, higher than I could've expected, but it's not high quality work. We're gonna be so far behind when we eventually come back. And my district is 1:1 and fairly well-off. A majority of kids, I think, are going to be in two groups:

a sudden transition from face-to-face to online was necessary but, yeah, it's putting a band-aid on a war wound. No easy way to convert two separate modules in such short amount of time. And, as I mentioned, it's the urban/rural demographic that is already at risk, now even more so. There just isn't a pandemic manual when it comes to this sort of thing - I have no problem with promoting students, it's probably the most reasonable move out of a choice of all not very good options. I do think a fall semester supplement/bridge program is very crucial for students.

Last edited by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-04-02, 11:45; edited 1 time in total
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-04-02, 11:39

Tim Wakefield wrote:Tell ya what guys, this online learning is NOT getting it done. I've had 90% completion rate, higher than I could've expected, but it's not high quality work. We're gonna be so far behind when we eventually come back. And my district is 1:1 and fairly well-off. A majority of kids, I think, are going to be in two groups:

Did your phone just autocorrect in Spanish?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2020-04-02, 11:50

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Did your phone just autocorrect in Spanish?

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 9 502811600 I probably typed it like that on accident, my b. I've been doing a lot of typing in Spanish lately
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-04-02, 11:55

Wake, it's not going to count. This is basically being done for engagement and socialization. I don't think we're going to see any kind of significant distancing (npi) of education levels because of this. Everyone is going to fall behind, and everyone is going to pick back up in the fall basically where they left off. It's important for you guys to keep interacting with your kids (the ones that are able to, anyway) to retain some sort of semblance of structure and social engagement.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next