Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus?? We gone?

+32
y2kMgrad
tGreenWay
gomersbro
NigelUno
GRR Spartan
Wally Fairway
Travis of the Cosmos
Cameron
aualum06
Dendrobates
Tim Wakefield
duffy munn
The Pantry
pulling69
Jake from State Farm
msugolfguy
InTenSity
CORNER BLITZ
Rocinante
Other Teams Pursuing That
MSU addict
DWags
WhiteBoyHatcher
AvgMSUJoe
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
Heat Miser
kingstonlake
Turtleneck
Watch Out Pylon!
MiamiSpartan
36 posters

Page 8 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next

Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 8 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-04-01, 12:34

kingstonlake wrote:People are starting to come into the area from down state like it’s summer vacation. A few of my accounts aren’t hiding their disdain. I noticed one of my small grocery stores was busier than normal and I looked at the owner and she said “POS down staters like it’s summer vacation” in another one downstaters walked in and he said to his cashier “down staters” and she said “yep”. I think Alpena, Presque Isle and Alcona are the only counties in northeast MI without cases. I’m sure that’ll end soon.

Maybe not so much treating it like a summer vacation as just trying to get away from the hotspot of Detroit. It is like the people from NY trying to go to other states. Their idiocy doesn't let them realize that they could have it and be the ones spreading it to the area that they're escaping to.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-04-01, 12:55

Why China’s Coronavirus Numbers Are Going To Start Rising

Why are China’s numbers so low?

One reason could be that they only tested people who were really sick and they did not usually test those in the sick patients family or social circle. Considering that Hubei province was on strict quarantine, asymptomatic people were less likely to spread the disease beyond their own household. Those that did get it, but had mild, weak or no symptoms at all were — by and large — not included in the total infection numbers.

Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-04-01, 13:05

Welp. I’ve had a second Trump voter I’m close to tell me what you’re seeing at 5pm is complete bullshit. My friend is severely immune compromised. A walking miracle with multiple brain surgeries, throat cancer, etc. he’s been to UM twice since February and he can’t get a test. Said they’ve told him that have to eliminate every possibility first. Had pneumonia and the flu and a seizure. Said they’ve told him he has zero chance of surviving if he gets it. Makes me think that’s why he hasn’t been tested. He said, Paul I don’t care what they say at those pressers. Their aren’t no where near what they are claiming in test kits.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-04-01, 13:13

[tw]1245391119543939072[/tw]

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 8 502811600
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-04-01, 13:21

Heat Miser wrote:Why China’s Coronavirus Numbers Are Going To Start Rising

One reason could be that they only tested people who were really sick and they did not usually test those in the sick patients family or social circle. Considering that Hubei province was on strict quarantine, asymptomatic people were less likely to spread the disease beyond their own household. Those that did get it, but had mild, weak or no symptoms at all were — by and large — not included in the total infection numbers.

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 8 Screen12
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-01, 13:26

Heat Miser wrote:Why China’s Coronavirus Numbers Are Going To Start Rising

from the article..

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo called out China in an interview with Sean Hannity last night on FOX, saying their numbers were not accurate.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-04-01, 13:34

Florida finally getting the statewide stay at home order.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-04-01, 13:52

InTenSity wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I thought you already put down a deposit for a new inground pool?
My wife was told they will be rotating nurses through the covid floor/ward whatever it's called at her hospital. They don't get hazard pay for that, but if they volunteer, they'll get hazards pay. $300/shift extra.

Tough decision, if she'll have to rotate into that anyway.

Let me know if you need anything....and not just because Travis assigned us as Swill buddies.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-04-01, 13:56

Is here a place for a little humor?

My boss just texted me a screenshot of a tweet by Alec Sulkin:
@thesulk wrote:Michigan is now 5th in the nation for Coronavirus cases,but I wouldn't worry too much. They'll lose to Iowa and Wisconsin, and eventually fall out of the top 20 altogether.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-04-01, 13:59

MiamiSpartan wrote:
InTenSity wrote:
My wife was told they will be rotating nurses through the covid floor/ward whatever it's called at her hospital. They don't get hazard pay for that, but if they volunteer, they'll get hazards pay. $300/shift extra.

Let me know if you need anything....and not just because Travis assigned us as Swill buddies.
Thanks Miami, do you babysit?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-04-01, 14:13

Floyd Robertson wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:People are starting to come into the area from down state like it’s summer vacation. A few of my accounts aren’t hiding their disdain. I noticed one of my small grocery stores was busier than normal and I looked at the owner and she said “POS down staters like it’s summer vacation” in another one downstaters walked in and he said to his cashier “down staters” and she said “yep”. I think Alpena, Presque Isle and Alcona are the only counties in northeast MI without cases. I’m sure that’ll end soon.

I saw reports on Detroit TV news last weekend where northern officials were begging people to stay south. Mostly it was a question then of the stores not being stocked well enough. Now, I'm sure the concern is spreading the virus.

I saw a graphic earlier this week showing number of ICU beds by county or something along those lines. Northern lower and the UP have vastly less ICU capacity than most downstate counties. People should not be going to cottages and whatnot. But people are selfish idiots.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-01, 14:20

InTenSity wrote:Is here a place for a little humor?

My boss just texted me a screenshot of a tweet by Alec Sulkin:
@thesulk wrote:Michigan is now 5th in the nation for Coronavirus cases,but I wouldn't worry too much. They'll lose to Iowa and Wisconsin, and eventually fall out of the top 20 altogether.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-04-01, 14:25

Oscoda county just got their first confirmed cases. Stay safe guest!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-04-01, 14:30

Cameron wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

I saw reports on Detroit TV news last weekend where northern officials were begging people to stay south. Mostly it was a question then of the stores not being stocked well enough. Now, I'm sure the concern is spreading the virus.

I saw a graphic earlier this week showing number of ICU beds by county or something along those lines. Northern lower and the UP have vastly less ICU capacity than most downstate counties. People should not be going to cottages and whatnot. But people are selfish idiots.

Found it.

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 8 20200410
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-04-01, 14:34

I can almost buy the Stubhub president's logic, but give back the money bro, nobody wants your 120% credit.

Sorry, metro Detroit ticket holders, Stubhub will no longer offer refunds for cancelled or postponed events
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-04-01, 14:35

I dunno I think I’d take the 120% tbh
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-04-01, 14:43

They probably don't have that much money. It's like some people wanting their bosses to keep paying them while they don't work, yeah that sounds nice but no money in = magically money out?

But I definitely don't agree with "describing the services they provide as “valuable” and “essential.”" - having a monopoly and bots that buy tickets before other people is not essential
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-04-01, 14:58

CORNER BLITZ wrote:They probably don't have that much money. It's like some people wanting their bosses to keep paying them while they don't work, yeah that sounds nice but no money in = magically money out?

But I definitely don't agree with "describing the services they provide as “valuable” and “essential.”" - having a monopoly and bots that buy tickets before other people is not essential

Why don't those companies have a 6 month emergency fund saved up like the rest of us are told to do??? I think they all got a big fat tax cut recently.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-04-01, 15:35

InTenSity wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Thanks Miami, do you babysit?

You're a little old for a babysitter, aren't you?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-01, 15:52

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Oscoda county just got their first confirmed cases. Stay safe guest!
I suspect Guest thinks it's a hoax.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-01, 15:59

so who is the newest member of the "Coronavirus Task Force" team today??

my money is on the Sham-Wow guy.

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 8 Giphy
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-04-01, 18:29

Governor Whitmer is trying to extend the state of emergency to 70 days. She only has authority for a 28 day state of emergency. If she wants to extend it without pissing off a bunch of people she needs legislative approval. I would imagine our legislature isn't dumb enough to tell her no, but who knows.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2020-04-01, 19:15

Jake from State Farm wrote:Governor Whitmer is trying to extend the state of emergency to 70 days. She only has authority for a 28 day state of emergency. If she wants to extend it without pissing off a bunch of people she needs legislative approval. I would imagine our legislature isn't dumb enough to tell her no, but who knows.

Source?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-04-01, 19:34

I miss Billy Mays.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-04-01, 19:36

Jake from State Farm wrote:Governor Whitmer is trying to extend the state of emergency to 70 days. She only has authority for a 28 day state of emergency. If she wants to extend it without pissing off a bunch of people she needs legislative approval. I would imagine our legislature isn't dumb enough to tell her no, but who knows.

I have planned for the end of May. This is not a surprise.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2020-04-01, 19:37

Have you met our legislature?
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2020-04-01, 19:46

DWags wrote:

I have planned for the end of May. This is not a surprise.

I know it's probably the right thing to do but I will lose my mind. I do not sit still well.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-01, 19:53

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I miss Billy Mays.
he'll join the "Coronavirus Task Force" by Friday.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-04-01, 19:55

aualum06 wrote:

No, have you?

Also would it be possible to let the 28 days go and run it back another round on day 29 or 30?
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2020-04-01, 19:56

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

No, have you?

Also would it be possible to let the 28 days go and run it back another round on day 29 or 30?

Yeah they don't make great decisions
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-04-01, 19:59

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/engineer-tried-crash-train-usns-mercy-los-angeles-233500380--abc-news-topstories.html

A California Highway Patrol officer caught Moreno as he allegedly tried to escape from the scene, according to the complaint. Moreno allegedly told officers and FBI investigators that he deliberately derailed the train because he was suspicious of the Mercy's intentions and thought it was actually part of a government takeover, the complaint said.

What. The. Fuck?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-01, 20:09

aualum06 wrote:

they're pro-life so surely they'll be willing to do all they can to protect the beautiful gift of life..

right?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-04-01, 21:08

aualum06 wrote:
CORNER BLITZ wrote:

No, have you?

Yeah they don't make great decisions
Since term limits, I wouldn't trust our state legislature as far as I can throw them.... And there's a bunch of fat guys.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-04-01, 23:13

It doesn't seem like America will be any smarter in the future.

[tw]1245536589456998401?s=20[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2020-04-02, 04:43

duffy munn wrote:

Source?
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/04/01/whitmer-declares-disaster-asks-legislature-extend-emergency-powers/5107960002/

10 more weeks, holey shit.
I have some family members working in hospitals in Michigan; and they are saying it's a shitstorm (my word, not theirs).

Right now I'm finding this hard to grasp, that's out to June 11; which sounds like a long time. This raises a bunch of new questions.

Are the breweries considered essential?
What should I plant in my vegetable garden?
Will farmers get crops in, who will harvest these crops?
Who is going to be the QB this year?
At what point should I decide to start smoking pot again (I stopped soon after I graduated), or should I just go with edibles?

Good luck and party on to my Swill brothers and Dendro
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-02, 06:32

Georgia Governor (R) "just learned" that asymptomatic people can carry the virus.

Wonder where he gets his information?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-04-02, 07:16

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Georgia Governor (R) "just learned" that asymptomatic people can carry the virus.

Wonder where he gets his information?

I came to him in a dream provided by the comfort and relaxation of Gods pillow maker.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2020-04-02, 07:44

Can anyone explain to me why conservatives are still comparing this to the H1N1 outbreak. They want someone to explain it to them with FACTS and LOGIC that this isn't that bad.

I want to be like dude is this the hill you want to plant your flag on? I'll admit that global warming is mired in question. However this one seems pretty cut and dry. Yet we have some of them driving to hospitals and saying LOOK THE PARKING LOT IS EMPTY. I'm like no shit we're not allowing visitor. Go inside and look at the warzone.

This is all very confusing to me. While I understand the economic crisis that is occurring at the same time I don't think they realize hospital run pretty lean as is. This is just crushing the system.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-04-02, 07:46

Global warming didn’t get “mired in question” without a consistent supply of bullshit being thrown at it that made you think that there was a question. Gotta start the stream of bullshit somewhere
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2020-04-02, 07:53

Wally Fairway wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Source?
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/04/01/whitmer-declares-disaster-asks-legislature-extend-emergency-powers/5107960002/

10 more weeks, holey shit.
I have some family members working in hospitals in Michigan; and they are saying it's a shitstorm (my word, not theirs).

Right now I'm finding this hard to grasp, that's out to June 11; which sounds like a long time. This raises a bunch of new questions.

One big question is when will they lift the ban on returning bottles and cans? It's my least favorite chore and I haven't done it in months. By June there won't be room in my for garage for a car.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next