Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus?? We gone?

+33
tGreenWay
Nordic
SawGreen
gomersbro
Travis of the Cosmos
MSU addict
Three_Putt_Par
pulling69
MattyFresh
NigelUno
Izzo Court
kingstonlake
Senior Dickfist
Other Teams Pursuing That
steveschneider
y2kMgrad
InTenSity
duffy munn
Watch Out Pylon!
CORNER BLITZ
AvgMSUJoe
Tim Wakefield
aualum06
DWags
WhiteBoyHatcher
Dendrobates
Jake from State Farm
Floyd Robertson
Rocinante
Cameron
Heat Miser
Motown Spartan
Robert J Sakimano
37 posters

Page 13 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 13 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-07-07, 13:38

Jake from State Farm wrote:
InTenSity wrote:Brazil's president, who called this all a hoax, has tested positive.

I'm pretty sure the guy is Trump's long lost brother.

Honestly, he makes Trump seem like a wonderful guy by comparison. I'm not one to celebrate someone getting a disease, but a guy who tells an elected member of his country's legislature that no one would rape her because she's too ugly, is a pretty deserving candidate.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-07-07, 15:21

the christian hero Betsy DeVos and her fellow christian in the White House are pressuring schools to be 'fully functional' in the fall. Obviously, they don't care if our children die.. they've already proven that. They only care about trying to correct the worst economy since The Great Depression and they think this will help.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-07-07, 16:41

A buddy of mine texted and said "I'll send my kids back to school when it's safe enough to send Manafort, Stone, Cohen, etc. back to prison".
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Dendrobates likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-07-07, 18:09

The Miami-Dade schools superintendent (who is one of the best in the country) was on CNN (sorry Bob) this afternoon. He said that although the Florida order says that kids have to go 5 days a week, that it does allow them to split it up so kids alternate days or weeks. He also said that if things don't get better they won't open.

Some parts of Florida have schools start as early as the first or second week of August. We are usually the 3rd week or so, but it sounds like schools may be able to start later, as well.

What a mess.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-07-07, 18:17

Robert J Sakimano wrote:the christian hero Betsy DeVos and her fellow christian in the White House are pressuring schools to be 'fully functional' in the fall. Obviously, they don't care if our children die.. they've already proven that. They only care about trying to correct the worst economy since The Great Depression and they think this will help.

It’s not they think it can help the economy more than short term. Trump wants it because it falls into the new narrative that COVID really isn’t that bad and it doesn’t threaten that many K-12 students anyway. Other people’s children, not son Baron or his grandchildren are expendable.

For Betsy, it’s her chance to expand private education. She needs another 5 years to kill US public education.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-07-07, 19:13

GRR Spartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:the christian hero Betsy DeVos and her fellow christian in the White House are pressuring schools to be 'fully functional' in the fall. Obviously, they don't care if our children die.. they've already proven that. They only care about trying to correct the worst economy since The Great Depression and they think this will help.

It’s not they think it can help the economy more than short term. Trump wants it because it falls into the new narrative that COVID really isn’t that bad and it doesn’t threaten that many K-12 students anyway. Other people’s children, not son Baron or his grandchildren are expendable.

For Betsy, it’s her chance to expand private education. She needs another 5 years to kill US public education.
and they're christians and pro-life.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-07-07, 19:23

GRR Spartan wrote:

I think the economy has a lot to do with it. The Florida order specifically mentioned thatbit would help the economy come back. If kids are home, fewer parents can go to work, it still feels like a lockdown, etc. Kids in school makes people start feeling like things are normal again, and they can resume their pre-covid lives. At least that's the theory.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-07-08, 14:50

Apparently the Walmarts is now going to require face masks. It might be a good idea to avoid them completely until people get their anger out about being forced to wear them.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-07-08, 14:53

Jake from State Farm wrote:Apparently the Walmarts is now going to require face masks. It might be a good idea to avoid them completely until people get their anger out about being forced to wear them.

This will require a huge lifestyle change on my part.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-07-08, 14:57

Ha, same here FR.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2020-07-08, 15:14

I was originally planning on sending my kid to 3 year old preschool. It’s certainly not something we have to do, but we thought it would be great as she’s such a social kid. I’m bummed that I don’t think it’s going to happen. She would certainly benefit from it, but I can’t risk her bringing Corona when there will be an infant at home.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2020-07-08, 15:55

Jake from State Farm wrote:Apparently the Walmarts is now going to require face masks. It might be a good idea to avoid them completely until people get their anger out about being forced to wear them.

It was wise to wear a mask to Walmart before covid was part of our vernacular.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-07-08, 16:03

I just got off the phone with a huge trump supporter. He thinks the whole thing is a hoax. He thinks that in November, after the election it is going to go away and all this was done to crash the economy to hurt trumps re-election. I tried telling him what my wife see's in the hospital, but he knows better because his doctor told him it isn't that bad.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-07-08, 16:06

InTenSity wrote:I just got off the phone with a huge trump supporter. He thinks the whole thing is a hoax. He thinks that in November, after the election it is going to go away and all this was done to crash the economy to hurt trumps re-election. I tried telling him what my wife see's in the hospital, but he knows better because his doctor told him it isn't that bad.

The entire planet is in on it? Impressive stuff by the dems.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2020-07-08, 16:31

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
InTenSity wrote:I just got off the phone with a huge trump supporter. He thinks the whole thing is a hoax. He thinks that in November, after the election it is going to go away and all this was done to crash the economy to hurt trumps re-election. I tried telling him what my wife see's in the hospital, but he knows better because his doctor told him it isn't that bad.

The entire planet is in on it? Impressive stuff by the dems.

Just like how the entire planet is in on the climate change hoax. It’s amazing how that happens.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-07-08, 17:00

Want to get really depressed?

Read Unholy: Why White Evangelicals Worship at the Alter of Trump authored by Sarah Posner.

The white evangelicals buy into all the hoaxes, fake news and fake science Trump promotes as truth.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-07-08, 18:01

his supporters aren't known for their intellect.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-07-08, 18:02

GRR Spartan wrote:Want to get really depressed?

Read Unholy: Why White Evangelicals Worship at the Alter of Trump authored by Sarah Posner.

The white evangelicals buy into all the hoaxes, fake news and fake science Trump promotes as truth.
America is a stupid country and the patriotic christians are leading the way.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-07-10, 14:51

Just found out that a former boss of mine (owner of a company I worked for) died of Covid. No need for sympathy for me or anything. I hadn't worked with him since 2003, and would only occasionally cross paths him in the course of business, but not for probably 5-6 years. But we got along well when I worked for him, which most people there couldn't say. Big sports guy, and would buy me random MSU stuff now and then if he'd see it, so that always gets someone on my good side. First person that I've known personally (that I'm aware of) that even had Covid, let alone died from it.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-07-10, 17:46

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Want to get really depressed?

America is a stupid country and the patriotic christians are leading the way.

At least stupid Americans and patriotic Christians are actually leading the way at something instead of just pretending to.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-07-10, 18:02

Motown Spartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: America is a stupid country and the patriotic christians are leading the way.

At least stupid Americans and patriotic Christians are actually leading the way at something instead of just pretending to.

That seems awfully close to “the trains run on time”.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-07-11, 20:33

Grandson just called and wanted to come over. My wife originally said no, then he sweet talked her into letting him come over. Dad calls a couple of minutes later, said grandson had been to a graduation open house earlier today and didn't think it was a very good idea. I agreed, wife agreed. Grandson not happy. Oh well. The new normal.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-07-11, 21:30

Jake from State Farm wrote:Grandson just called and wanted to come over. My wife originally said no, then he sweet talked her into letting him come over. Dad calls a couple of minutes later, said grandson had been to a graduation open house earlier today and didn't think it was a very good idea. I agreed, wife agreed. Grandson not happy. Oh well. The new normal.

Shit, sorry to hear this. It’s the right thing but fuck.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2020-07-11, 23:01

DWags wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:Grandson just called and wanted to come over. My wife originally said no, then he sweet talked her into letting him come over. Dad calls a couple of minutes later, said grandson had been to a graduation open house earlier today and didn't think it was a very good idea. I agreed, wife agreed. Grandson not happy. Oh well. The new normal.

Shit, sorry to hear this. It’s the right thing but fuck.

Probably the worst part of all of this. tWife and I just got back from Tennessee to see two of our grand kids. 5th birthday for the grandson. Safety says we should not have gone but damn it's been 7 months which is half of my grand daughters life.

duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2020-07-12, 20:57

I was supposed to fly to Barcelona tomorrow.

Was gonna go to Rome, Amsterdam (homeland), and maybe London. Fuck
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-07-12, 21:17

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/12/health/michigan-coronavirus-torch-lake-sandbar/index.html
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-07-12, 21:32

Heckuva hoax.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2020-07-12, 21:45

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Heckuva hoax.

#scamdemic
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-07-13, 13:01

duffy munn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Heckuva hoax.

#scamdemic
America is a stupid country.

On the upside, just had lunch on the patio of The Peanut Barrel. First time I've eaten anywhere other than my house since mid-March. Was nice and quiet.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-07-14, 12:07

not only is America a stupid country, America is also a hate-filled country simmering with rage.

DELTA TWP. – A Grand Ledge man who stabbed an elderly man outside a Quality Dairy store after being refused service for not wearing a mask was shot and killed by an Eaton County deputy several miles away, Michigan State Police said.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-07-14, 12:27

Robert J Sakimano wrote:not only is America a stupid country, America is also a hate-filled country simmering with rage.

DELTA TWP. – A Grand Ledge man who stabbed an elderly man outside a Quality Dairy store after being refused service for not wearing a mask was shot and killed by an Eaton County deputy several miles away, Michigan State Police said.

You’re being so divisive Bob.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-07-14, 13:10

Motown Spartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:not only is America a stupid country, America is also a hate-filled country simmering with rage.

I've never been interested in being politically correct.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-07-14, 13:25

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

I've never been interested in being politically correct.

No shit, Bob. You're so good at always being politically incorrect.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-07-14, 15:37

[tw]1283113592246734848[/tw]

Shocked
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-07-14, 16:19

Hard to tell what exactly went down because the vehicle was in the way, but the officer definitely seemed to be retreating and the now dead guy seemed to be pursuing. Crazy shit, body cam should be interesting if it exists.

Also, this deceased genius clearly misunderstood the saying about bringing a knife to a gun fight.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2020-07-14, 16:38

Cameron wrote:Hard to tell what exactly went down because the vehicle was in the way, but the officer definitely seemed to be retreating and the now dead guy seemed to be pursuing. Crazy shit, body cam should be interesting if it exists.

Also, this deceased genius clearly misunderstood the saying about bringing a knife to a gun fight.
Link to the body cam video

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=268013927833598
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-07-14, 17:14

MSU addict wrote:
Cameron wrote:Hard to tell what exactly went down because the vehicle was in the way, but the officer definitely seemed to be retreating and the now dead guy seemed to be pursuing. Crazy shit, body cam should be interesting if it exists.

Link to the body cam video

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=268013927833598
Wow.

Either the dude thought he was some sort of incredible knifing badass, or that was suicide by cop. Nothing else makes sense to me. Maybe meth.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-07-14, 17:18

Man that mofo took a lot of bullets without flinching.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-07-14, 17:27

Also, that cop is kind of a badass. Did you see her jam up, free it and keep firing?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-07-14, 17:42

Waiting for Kent County and the Lakeshore COVID numbers to start being reported the week of the 20th thru the 27th.

Beaches, bars and eateries started filling up with folks ignoring mask and spacing on July 2. Purely anecdotal, I live in an area dominated by churchgoers and the last 2 Sundays attendance is way up based on their parking lots. Toss in all the delayed gradulation parties that have taken place recently.

Its all adding up for a bumpy ride.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next