Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial SCOTUS Ruling Thread..

+28
duffy munn
Dendrobates
InTenSity
AvgMSUJoe
sεяεηιτλ
Pervis Muldoon
PennSpartan
NumbersDude
aualum06
NigelUno
Motown Spartan
Bredo Morstoel
Trapper Gus
RQA
Jake from State Farm
Rick Saunders
Rocinante
Watch Out Pylon!
DWags
Turtleneck
steveschneider
MiamiSpartan
GRR Spartan
Travis of the Cosmos
kingstonlake
Cameron
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
32 posters

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

tOfficial SCOTUS Ruling Thread..  - Page 8 Empty Re: tOfficial SCOTUS Ruling Thread..

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-06-27, 11:53

the 'pro-life' christian extremists now say it's okay for a public school employee to pray at the 50 yard line.

imagine being so committed to your religion that you needed to demonstrate it in public for all to admire. Rolling Eyes tOfficial SCOTUS Ruling Thread..  - Page 8 502811600

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

tOfficial SCOTUS Ruling Thread..  - Page 8 Empty Re: tOfficial SCOTUS Ruling Thread..

Post by RQA 2022-06-27, 14:31

I haven't seen such wailing and gnashing of teeth since those very fun days after the election of President Trump.  

I do hope you are blaming the correct folks for your angst.

In no particular order the folks you should be mad at are Harry Reid, James Comey and, yes, RBG herself.   In order to get liberal DC justices confirmed Reid blew up the filibuster  for presidential appointees except for the SCOTUS.    I guess he thought dems would be in power for perpetuity.   Of course when the Republicans took over they added that one exception to Reid's rule.   And hence Trump got his judges in with a majority vote.

The fact that Trump could nominate them at all came down to his election.   I have always said that Trump was the second worst presidential candidate of all the potential nominees in 2016.    The only one worse and the only one Trump could beat was HRC.   Comey could have indicted HRC for her violation of security rules.   If that had happened she would have been forced out and whoever the likely replacement would have been would probably have beaten Trump and then we wouldn't have had the 3 judges Trump appointed.  

And lastly RBG.   She declined to retire and allow Obama to nominate her replacement when the dems controlled the Senate.

So there we have it.   A conservative SCOTUS that exists as much from the result of Democrat blunders as it does on Republican victories.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Spaceman Spiff likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-06-27, 14:33

RQA wrote:I haven't seen such wailing and gnashing of teeth since those very fun days after the election of President Trump.  

In no particular order the folks you should be mad at are Harry Reid, James Comey and, yes, RBG herself.   In order to get liberal DC justices confirmed Reid blew up the filibuster  for presidential appointees except for the SCOTUS.    I guess he thought dems would be in power for perpetuity.   Of course when the Republicans took over they added that one exception to Reid's rule.   And hence Trump got his judges in with a majority vote.

The fact that Trump could nominate them at all came down to his election.   I have always said that Trump was the second worst presidential candidate of all the potential nominees in 2016.    The only one worse and the only one Trump could beat was HRC.   Comey could have indicted HRC for her violation of security rules.   If that had happened she would have been forced out and whoever the likely replacement would have been would probably have beaten Trump and then we wouldn't have had the 3 judges Trump appointed.  

And lastly RBG.   She declined to retire and allow Obama to nominate her replacement when the dems controlled the Senate.

So there we have it.   A conservative SCOTUS that exists as much as the result of Democrat blunders as it does on Republican victories.

This is what happens when you give up on independent thinking and just rely on Gateway Pundit and OAN.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-06-27, 14:55

It’s funny when he addresses us, the swill people, as if anyone here is actually defending RBG and her series of asinine blunders. Hint- no one is.

All he’s doing is yelling into the void at what he thinks a liberal is, not anyone here in particular. It’s sad
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-06-27, 15:19

reminder that the 'pro-life' christians have utter contempt for human life.

but us decent folks knew that already.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-06-27, 15:21

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:It’s funny when he addresses us, the swill people, as if anyone here is actually defending RBG and her series of asinine blunders. Hint- no one is.

All he’s doing is yelling into the void at what he thinks a liberal is, not anyone here in particular. It’s sad
I'm perplexed as to why people attempt to have a conversation with a 'pro-life' christian extremist who demonstrates utter disgust for women, traditional American values, democracy and the Constitution.   tOfficial SCOTUS Ruling Thread..  - Page 8 2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2022-06-27, 16:26

RQA wrote:I haven't seen such wailing and gnashing of teeth since those very fun days after the election of President Trump.  

So there we have it.   A conservative SCOTUS that exists as much from the result of Democrat blunders as it does on Republican victories.

How soon we forget that McConnell changed "the rules" to get one of those justices into the supreme court. Of course that same rule change didn't apply four years later.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon, Trapper Gus, kingstonlake and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2022-06-27, 21:54

Supreme court basically confirms that pray in public schools before during and after sporting events is okay and then lied in their reasoning for making this decision

[tw]1541577168098041859?t=5-XqOQEGyJLq7npdeHcMPw&s=19[/tw]
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-06-27, 23:35

I get a kick out of MAGAs who try to convince people that they're not MAGAs because they know that MAGAs have a well-deserved reputation for being utter morons.  You think the election was stolen.  You're a MAGA.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Trapper Gus and sεяεηιτλ like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-06-28, 06:18

Pervis Muldoon wrote:

I get a kick out of MAGAs who try to convince people that they're not MAGAs because they know that MAGAs have a well-deserved reputation for being utter morons.  You think the election was stolen.  You're a MAGA.
yeah, I told Guest after his christian hero (who he said he didn't support tOfficial SCOTUS Ruling Thread..  - Page 8 502811600 ) was elected that it was gonna be a long 4 years of folks pointing out his christian hero's shortcomings.

Guest decided to pack it in after 3 years.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-06-28, 08:42

aualum06 wrote:Supreme court basically confirms that pray in public schools before during and after sporting events is okay and then lied in their reasoning for making this decision

[tw]1541577168098041859?t=5-XqOQEGyJLq7npdeHcMPw&s=19[/tw]

The Fox News Court has lost all touch with reality - oh well, only another 30 years and they will be old and have an excuse for their craziness.

Last edited by Trapper Gus on 2022-06-28, 09:47; edited 1 time in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ 2022-06-28, 09:30

Wait a second, Harry Reid is the reason you and your friends are literally trying to destroy the United States of America?  Did Harry Reid forcibly turn you into a religious extremists?  Did Harry Reid force Trump to act like a dipshit and attract all your bretheran with his amoral compass?  Did Harry Reid fight to incorporate religious law into the government?  This reeks of you hiding behind other things to excuse your moral deficiencies.  In a not so Surprising twist, religious extremists do that every day hiding behind their religions. Hmmm
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-06-28, 11:19

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:It’s funny when he addresses us, the swill people, as if anyone here is actually defending RBG and her series of asinine blunders. Hint- no one is.

Well let's cross that one off of the list and just stick with the other two.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2022-06-28, 11:23

For Chrissake Bob. So your kid doesn’t pray so he doesn’t start or be one of the captains or maybe quits because the coach power no one will talk about.

What’s the big deal? This country was built on God.

The American Taliban as 5 members of the SCOTUS say so.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-06-28, 11:27

Jake from State Farm wrote:

How soon we forget that McConnell changed "the rules" to get one of those justices into the supreme court. Of course that same rule change didn't apply four years later.

Here's the thing. McConnell simply followed the Constitution which requires the Senate to consent to a SCOTUS nomination. They didn't consent. Somebody famous one said "elections matter". This was a good example of that.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-06-28, 11:29

Pervis Muldoon wrote:You're a MAGA.

I am? What is a "MAGA" anyway?
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-06-28, 12:03

RQA wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:You're a MAGA.

A Trump fan, especially one so deep in the cult he believes the election was stolen.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-06-28, 12:16

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
RQA wrote:

A Trump fan, especially one so deep in the cult he believes the election was stolen.

He’s that obsessed with politics and you answered when he asked what is a maga?

I enjoy this board but he just lies. He’s like the three “Christian “ judges who lied about RvW to congress. Why interact? No way I do. Be honest with those in a debate. Don’t be a “Christian” on here. Lie to his friends not us.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-06-28, 12:44

DWags wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:

I enjoy this board but he just lies. He’s like the three “Christian “ judges who lied about RvW to congress.  Why interact?   No way I do. Be honest with those in a debate. Don’t be a “Christian” on here. Lie to his friends not us.
it's weird and it's no wonder why the (self-proclaimed) "conservatives" here are very few.. and, as we know, they're not conservative. A true Conservative supports limited government, financial responsibility, respects democracy and the Constitution.

the new brand of "conservatives" exist simply to impose their religious extremism on others, to belittle the most marginalized among us, to strip away rights from women, openly advocate for an end to democracy, and think the Constitution is subject to their political/religious whims as it relates to infringing on personal freedoms of those they deem less worthy.

now, of course, they lie (shocking, I know) to themselves and us because, I suspect, it helps them sleep at night. Deep down, they know their level of contempt and disgust for America and Americans is evident to anyone who pays attention. They know that their newfound political agenda is rooted in racism, bigotry, misogyny, religious extremism and cruelty. They, like any good abuser of man/woman/society/culture does, minimize the thoughts of others in hopes that it will make us second guess our own intuition. It's called 'gaslighting' and anyone who has ever worked with victims of any level/degree of abuse can see it immediately.

anyway, yes, DWags - you are 100% correct. We're all here because we're Spartans. Why some folks come here with the specific intent to be destructive, demeaning and openly hostile to other Spartans, I'll never know, but I suspect that it's rooted in making themselves feel better because of the guilt and shame they feel relative to the damage their political heroes are doing to people.

it's their conscience talking.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-06-28, 15:00

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
RQA wrote:

I'm not a Trump fan and am agnostic on the stolen election thing and so I guess I'm not a "MAGA". Sorry to disappoint.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-06-28, 15:08

DWags wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:

I had no idea what Pervis means by calling someone a "MAGA".    

He defined as someone who is a Trump "fan", especially if you believe the election was stolen.    I'm not a Trump fan.  I didn't vote for him in the 2016 primary and won't (if he runs ) in the 2024 primary. I hope he doesn't run in 2024.  He is probably the only Republican that could lose to Biden or Harris.   Generally I liked his policies as president.   I think his public persona is toxic.   I'm agnostic on the stolen election thing.   I would likely vote for him against Biden or Harris.   I might well vote for Manchin over Trump if that were the choice.  

I don't think I meet the Muldoon criteria for "MAGA".

Last edited by RQA on 2022-06-29, 09:34; edited 1 time in total
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-06-28, 15:14

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Why some folks come here with the specific intent to be destructive, demeaning and openly hostile to other Spartans, I'll never know,

Just in the last few days I've been called a liar multiple times, been called a religious extremist, and a MAGA. This place oozes with anti-Christian bigotry.  I'm sure I could easily find worse by extending my review out a week or so.  

Are you concerned with the demeaning and hostile attitude you guys show this fellow Spartan?

Of course not.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-06-28, 15:42

Pussy
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-06-28, 16:16

Kent County prosecutor will enforce state’s 1931 abortion ban despite injunction
https://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/2022/06/kent-county-prosecutor-will-enforce-states-1931-abortion-ban-despite-injunction.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-06-28, 17:36

RQA wrote:
DWags wrote:

He defined as someone who is a Trump "fan", especially if you believe the election was stolen.    I'm not a Trump fan.  I didn't vote for him in the 2016 primary and won't (if he runs ) in the 2024 primary. I hope he doesn't run in 2020.  He is probably the only Republican that could lose to Biden or Harris.   Generally I liked his policies as president.   I think his public persona is toxic.   I'm agnostic on the stolen election thing.   I would likely vote for him against Biden or Harris.   I might well vote for Manchin over Trump if that were the choice.  

Meh. If it quacks like a MAGA, it's a MAGA.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-06-28, 17:41

RQA wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Why some folks come here with the specific intent to be destructive, demeaning and openly hostile to other Spartans, I'll never know,

Just in the last few days I've been called a liar multiple times, been called a religious extremist, and a MAGA. This place oozes with anti-Christian bigotry.  I'm sure I could easily find worse by extending my review out a week or so.  

Are you concerned with the demeaning and hostile attitude you guys show this fellow Spartan?

Of course not.

Might it be that lying, holding extreme views based on your religion, and supporting Trump have all preceded the liar, religious extremist and MAGA tags? And how are those characterizations anti-Christian?
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2022-06-28, 18:11

RQA wrote:

Just in the last few days I've been called a liar multiple times, been called a religious extremist, and a MAGA.  This place oozes with anti-Christian bigotry.   I'm sure I could easily find worse by extending my review out a week or so.  

Of course not.
You supported the biggest liar to ever set foot in the White House.
You support Christian values which are nothing but bigotry and hate.
You get what you deserve here.
But I do support your right to express your opinion.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-06-28, 19:00

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
RQA wrote:

He defined as someone who is a Trump "fan", especially if you believe the election was stolen.    I'm not a Trump fan.  I didn't vote for him in the 2016 primary and won't (if he runs ) in the 2024 primary. I hope he doesn't run in 2020.  He is probably the only Republican that could lose to Biden or Harris.   Generally I liked his policies as president.   I think his public persona is toxic.   I'm agnostic on the stolen election thing.   I would likely vote for him against Biden or Harris.   I might well vote for Manchin over Trump if that were the choice.  

now, of course, they lie (shocking, I know) to themselves and us because, I suspect, it helps them sleep at night. Deep down, they know their level of contempt and disgust for America and Americans is evident to anyone who pays attention. They know that their newfound political agenda is rooted in racism, bigotry, misogyny, religious extremism and cruelty. They, like any good abuser of man/woman/society/culture does, minimize the thoughts of others in hopes that it will make us second guess our own intuition. It's called 'gaslighting' and anyone who has ever worked with victims of any level/degree of abuse can see it immediately.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-06-29, 09:37

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
RQA wrote:

Like many say, leftists care about the narrative not the truth.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ 2022-06-29, 09:49

RQA wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:

Meh.  If it quacks like a MAGA, it's a MAGA.

The truth is you are hard-core maga.  Difference is you talk a big game about not liking aspects of Trump but you let your views be colored strongly by your religious extremism, so you give the ultra maga cheer for Trump "policies" which basically amount to pushing g religious law to satiate his evangelical/extremist base (you) and teeheehee own the libs  .  That's it.
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-06-29, 11:20

sεяεηιτλ wrote:

The truth is you are hard-core maga.  Difference is you talk a big game about not liking aspects of Trump but you let your views be colored strongly by your religious extremism, so you give the ultra maga cheer for Trump "policies" which basically amount to pushing g religious law to satiate his evangelical/extremist base (you) and teeheehee own the libs  .  That's it.

And right on cue, Serenity chimes in with further evidence that leftists are all about the narrative, not the truth.

Your narrative is that not only am I "MAGA" (Muldoon's false narrative), I am "hard core maga". Of course you don't bother to define that.

It is an important part of your narrative that I be a "religious extremist". Of course you have no evidence of that either but again, it's about the narrative, not the truth.

Then you try to combine the two into one big narrative that somehow because I favored tax cuts and a controlled border that means I am converting my religious extremism into ulra-maga Trumpism.

And to think one of you lefties dedicated a thread to me imploring your side not to engage with me because I didn't want "honest discussion".
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-06-29, 11:46

Congratulations to all posters who learned the word narrative this week I’m proud of you.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2022-06-29, 20:13

[tw]1542283542046154753?t=kF08f5mBTHi0Sw0gWz0x_w&s=19[/tw]
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-06-29, 21:11

RQA wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:

You said you're "agnostic on the stolen election thing." What other presidential election results are you agnostic about?
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Trapper Gus and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ 2022-06-29, 22:42

RQA wrote:
sεяεηιτλ wrote:

And right on cue, Serenity chimes in with further evidence that leftists are all about the narrative, not the truth.

Your narrative is that not only am I "MAGA" (Muldoon's false narrative), I am "hard core maga".   Of course you don't bother to define that.

It is an important part of your narrative that I be a "religious extremist".  Of course you have no evidence of that either but again, it's about the narrative, not the truth.

Then you try to combine the two into one big narrative that somehow because I favored tax cuts and a controlled border that means I am converting my religious extremism into ulra-maga Trumpism.

And to think one of you lefties dedicated a thread to me imploring your side not to engage with me because I didn't want "honest discussion".  

You just don't understand, do you.  Generally people don't declare themselves religious extremists, and thus you can't really just declare that you aren't one.  That title is given to you by others based demonstrably on the things you say and your actions.  Similarly, when used in the negative, maga is the same way.  You are demonstrably ultra maga and a religious extremist based on the things you say here.  You can't just snicker and claim you're not maga or a religious extremist because x, y and z.  when you aren't TRYING HARD and going out of your way to point out things that are contrary to these things or just stating you don't like trump or something, you literally exhibit 100% tendencies towards these things.  Makes your declarations of x, y, z contrary to MAGA and extremism pretty difficult to believe.  

Simply put, you look like a liar when you declare you don't like trump and state one throwaway statement about what you don't like about him.... but then in every other conversation you are on your knees blowing the decisions he has made and attempting (and failing) to stick it to the libs using Trump's exact "narratives".  It all yields ultra-maga.  And in the same way (but with other topics) you are a religious extremist.

Understand yet?  Probably not.  But you are an ultra-maga religious extremist.  and a hugely dishonest one. North is still north, RQA is an ultra-maga religious extremist.
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-06-30, 09:27

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Congratulations to all posters who learned the word narrative this week I’m proud of you.

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:pussy

You're going to have to explain your word to them though. They have no experience with it.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-06-30, 09:31

Pervis Muldoon wrote:

You said you're "agnostic on the stolen election thing." What other presidential election results are you agnostic about?

1876 and 1960 come to mind.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-06-30, 09:31

RQA wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Congratulations to all posters who learned the word narrative this week I’m proud of you.

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:pussy

You're going to have to explain your word to them though. They have no experience with it.

Is that the best you could do?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-06-30, 09:37

sεяεηιτλ wrote:

You are ...... a religious extremist based on the things you say here.  

Please quote some of the things I have said that paint me as a religious extremist.

tOfficial SCOTUS Ruling Thread..  - Page 8 276803595
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-06-30, 09:37

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
RQA wrote:

Is that the best you could do?

Come on Boss, I thought that was pretty good!
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next