Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial SCOTUS Ruling Thread..

+28
duffy munn
Dendrobates
InTenSity
AvgMSUJoe
sεяεηιτλ
Pervis Muldoon
PennSpartan
NumbersDude
aualum06
NigelUno
Motown Spartan
Bredo Morstoel
Trapper Gus
RQA
Jake from State Farm
Rick Saunders
Rocinante
Watch Out Pylon!
DWags
Turtleneck
steveschneider
MiamiSpartan
GRR Spartan
Travis of the Cosmos
kingstonlake
Cameron
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
32 posters

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

tOfficial SCOTUS Ruling Thread..  - Page 2 Empty Re: tOfficial SCOTUS Ruling Thread..

Post by Jake from State Farm Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:15 pm

kingstonlake wrote:Regardless of how many skanks he’s paid off or abortions he’s paid for with campaign dollars it’s nice to know he can’t hide his finances from a legitimate investigation.

Sounds like he gets to hide them until after the election? Of course that might have him running even more scared. If his poll numbers continue to go down we might be looking at a Biden-Pence election.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial SCOTUS Ruling Thread..  - Page 2 Empty Re: tOfficial SCOTUS Ruling Thread..

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon May 02, 2022 9:56 am

I don't think NBC would have McQuade standing by if there wasn't a chance, but I never thought today could be the day.

[tw]1521125459244851205[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon May 02, 2022 10:12 am

OK, never mind that one on Roe. No big deal today, really, I mean, nothing to worry about with this ruling.

[tw]1521129919119609864[/tw]

Last edited by Floyd Robertson on Mon May 02, 2022 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA Mon May 02, 2022 10:12 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:I don't think NBC would have McQuade standing by if there wasn't a chance, but I never thought today could be the day.

Seems unlikely but the proper thing to do is to overturn Roe. Whether you are pro-choice or pro-life I don't know where you can find in the constitution the right to abort.

Ending Roe will not end abortion but will put it properly in the hands of state governments and the battle can be appropriately fought there.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon May 02, 2022 10:36 am

Ending the right to own a gun probably won't end gun murders but it's probably the right thing to do. Especially if you're pro life.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA Mon May 02, 2022 10:45 am

kingstonlake wrote:Ending the right to own a gun probably won't end gun murders but it's probably the right thing to do. Especially if you're pro life.

I think you should be against Roe no matter your stance on abortion.

I would vote to eliminate the 2nd amendment if I could as it is poorly written and now a detriment to our society. It has nothing to do with a stance on abortion.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Mon May 02, 2022 10:50 am

RQA wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:I don't think NBC would have McQuade standing by if there wasn't a chance, but I never thought today could be the day.

Seems unlikely but the proper thing to do is to overturn Roe.  Whether you are pro-choice or pro-life I don't know where you can find in the constitution the right to abort.

Ending Roe will not end abortion but will put it properly in the hands of state governments and the battle can be appropriately fought there.  

Ask and you shall receive ...

9th Amendment wrote:Amendment IX

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Last edited by Trapper Gus on Mon May 02, 2022 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Mon May 02, 2022 10:56 am

RQA wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Ending the right to own a gun probably won't end gun murders but it's probably the right thing to do. Especially if you're pro life.

I would vote to eliminate the 2nd amendment if I could as it is poorly written and now a detriment to our society. It has nothing to do with a stance on abortion.

Much of the Constitution is "poorly written" as the chairman of the Committee of Style, (the Committee of Style was the group at the end of the Constitutional Convention who actually wrote down what the Convention had agreed upon) was against having the Constitution at all and thus it was written to confuse what was agreed upon.

I would guess, based on the odd structure of the 2nd, that it also was designed to be unclear. Certainly, the wording has opened the door for the Court to only read part of the Amendment and ignore the rest.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders Mon May 02, 2022 11:44 am

I would vote to eliminate the 2nd amendment if I could as it is poorly written and now a detriment to our society.

AMENDMENT XXI - Passed by Congress February 20, 1933. Ratified December 5, 1933.

Section 1.
The eighteenth article of amendment to the Constitution of the United States is hereby repealed.

Seems like boilerplate:

"The second article of amendment to the constitution is hereby repealed."

Vote for a congressional candidate that would propose such an amendment. Get Congress to propose the amendment. Get 38 states to ratify.

I'm not specifically saying we should... but we could. Our constitution needs maintenance. Since the bill of rights we have had 17 amendments pass. That's an average of 13 years between amendments. The last amendment proposed and ratified was 1971, 51 years ago. The constitution, as awesome as it is, isn't perfect. The founders knew this that's why amendments were made possible. Everybody seems to have known this until the last 30 years. We just can't get shit done because some people think the constitution is perfect even if they haven't read it (especially if they haven't read it.)
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel Mon May 02, 2022 12:49 pm

If the government can take away your rights, are they really rights, or just permissions?
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Mon May 02, 2022 1:02 pm

Bredo Morstoel wrote:If the government can take away your rights, are they really rights, or just permissions?

Shouldn't the will of the people prevail regardless of what some ancient and antiquated document says?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon May 02, 2022 1:11 pm

Bredo Morstoel wrote:If the government can take away your rights, are they really rights, or just permissions?

Gosh. I don't know. What do you think?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Mon May 02, 2022 1:44 pm

Figures the RussianQuislingAgent thinks he and other religious zealots should decide who gets an abortion.

My experience with one exception is the outspoken Right to Life anti-abortion religious zealots who want to deny other people the right to choose have their pregnant daughters go on “vacations” to other states, sometimes other countries where they are allowed anonymity.

But like other RussianQuislingAgent’s beliefs, he never wants to pay additional taxes to pay for the children if Roe v Wade is vacated. More all hat / no cattle.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel Mon May 02, 2022 8:58 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:

Shouldn't the will of the people prevail regardless of what some ancient and antiquated document says?

No. People are idiots. Rights are absolute.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

NumbersDude likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Mon May 02, 2022 9:05 pm

[tw]1521291432702709760?t=miXSiTq9wACzaPUFaiejyQ&s=19[/tw]
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon May 02, 2022 9:12 pm

If Susan Collins had any self respect she’d…….. well ya know.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Mon May 02, 2022 10:05 pm

American women should exercise their 2nd Amendment right and defend themselves against this atrocious assault.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and NumbersDude like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NumbersDude Mon May 02, 2022 10:16 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:American women should exercise their 2nd Amendment right and defend themselves against this atrocious assault.

Keep guns and Abortion legal.
NumbersDude
NumbersDude
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Mon May 02, 2022 10:40 pm

The door is now open for both parties to run on "this is what happens when you elect Republicans." Should be interesting...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon May 02, 2022 11:45 pm

[tw]1521303464327929857?s=21&t=uy0Xg1qSW9f0aK5JrwpryA[/tw]
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue May 03, 2022 5:46 am

The funny thing about jesus freaks.. imagine how many abortions their racist, bigoted christian sexual predator hero has forced women/girls to have.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Motown Spartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue May 03, 2022 7:06 am

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

Not sure I could define an absolute Right.

What do you have in mind?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue May 03, 2022 8:20 am

Trapper Gus wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:

Not sure I could define an absolute Right.

What do you have in mind?

Probably means “Devine” rights. The supposed absolute rights are put on paper by…. people. And they’re “idiots”.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue May 03, 2022 8:33 am

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

Would you care to address the rights of slave owners in the Constitution?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue May 03, 2022 8:42 am

aualum06 wrote:[tw]1521291432702709760?t=miXSiTq9wACzaPUFaiejyQ&s=19[/tw]

Having trouble believe the leak is real - the argument that abortion (actually Rove v Wade decided on a Right to Privacy I think) is not mentioned in the Constitution is beyond legally stupid due to the 9th.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan Tue May 03, 2022 9:24 am

In light of this breaking news regarding Roe, look for AOC and Bernie to issue a joint statement today about the importance of student debt relief and legalization of pot. Priorities!
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue May 03, 2022 9:37 am

next up for the christians... outlaw birth control, gay rights, interracial marriage.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue May 03, 2022 9:59 am

PennSpartan wrote:In light of this breaking news regarding Roe, look for AOC and Bernie to issue a joint statement today about the importance of student debt relief and legalization of pot. Priorities!

I think that these are priorities.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon Tue May 03, 2022 10:11 am

PennSpartan wrote:In light of this breaking news regarding Roe, look for AOC and Bernie to issue a joint statement today about the importance of student debt relief and legalization of pot. Priorities!

You're showing your top priority: attacking Democrats. Didn't you used to be a Democrat?
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ Tue May 03, 2022 10:15 am

RQA wrote:

You, sir, are an idiot. Do you comprehend anything that you read?
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel Tue May 03, 2022 10:27 am

NigelUno wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:

Slavery is illegal.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue May 03, 2022 10:30 am

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Slavery is illegal.

Huh. Didn't answer the question...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue May 03, 2022 10:39 am

NigelUno wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:

Slavery is illegal.

Slavery, as such, is not addressed in the Constitution, except in the 13th, where it is outlawed.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue May 03, 2022 10:54 am

Trapper Gus wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Slavery, as such, is not addressed in the Constitution, except in the 13th, where it is outlawed.

https://www.heritage.org/constitution/#!/articles/4/essays/124/fugitive-slave-clause
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue May 03, 2022 11:06 am

NigelUno wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

https://www.heritage.org/constitution/#!/articles/4/essays/124/fugitive-slave-clause

Misnaming by Heritage as this covers indentured servants as well.

Seems to me that I remember "free states" fighting against the return of slaves and the Congress passing additional laws, which suggests, if true, that this clause is not as cut and dried as it might seem.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel Tue May 03, 2022 11:18 am

Some red states are about to go full Middle East on civil rights just to own the libs.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Tue May 03, 2022 11:20 am

Bredo Morstoel wrote:Some red states are about to go full Middle East on civil rights just to own the libs.

If they were smart, which they're not, they would wait until after the midterms.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue May 03, 2022 11:39 am

America allows Russian interference to elect a failed reality TV host who brags about raping women while utilizing the mainstream media to demonize possibly the most highly qualified presidential nominee in my lifetime because she happens to be a female that isn't warm and fuzzy.

and you see where we are as a country.

America is a stupid country and we're now starting to see how that stupidity impacts the daily lives of folks.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue May 03, 2022 11:54 am

Trapper Gus wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Misnaming by Heritage as this covers indentured servants as well.

Seems to me that I remember "free states" fighting against the return of slaves and the Congress passing additional laws, which suggests, if true, that this clause is not as cut and dried as it might seem.

Whether it's misnamed or not is kind of inconsequential.  If it covers indentured servants as well, that doesn't mean it doesn't cover slaves (and the rights of slave owners).
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel Tue May 03, 2022 11:55 am

Motown Spartan wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:Some red states are about to go full Middle East on civil rights just to own the libs.

If they were smart, which they're not, they would wait until after the midterms.

Nah. They think this will "rally the base." The country is doomed.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next