Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 2020 Presidential campaign.

+21
InTenSity
The Pantry
Watch Out Pylon!
Turtleneck
DWags
tGreenWay
WhiteBoyHatcher
Jake from State Farm
NigelUno
Cameron
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
Rick Saunders
kingstonlake
Travis of the Cosmos
GRR Spartan
AvgMSUJoe
steveschneider
Rocinante
MiamiSpartan
Robert J Sakimano
25 posters

Page 25 of 25 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25

Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 25 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-10-15, 10:52

steveschneider wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Blind faith? Not at all. If I had blind faith, I wouldn't be so adamant about the value of discussing the negative scenarios.

Doom and gloom, "everything is going to turn out bad" attitude? Not that either.

Optimism? Sure. What does it hurt? Whether an election like this, MSU football, or other sports, I'm not typically the type that is afraid to get his hopes up because I might get let down. I'll be equally disappointed either way, and positivity feels better. Negativity feels like shit, IMHO.

There's balance and realism. Saving democracy is hard work and being realistic about how in trouble our democracy is and opposing any threat to it is important.

I think you're just arguing with yourself here, because you seem to be ignoring what I've said about the potential dangers. Unless you were just saying that in general and not in response to me.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 25 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-15, 10:56

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: meh - they're just looking to host some sort of WWE-type event in hopes that all of the christian knuckle-draggers will tune in to make themselves feel better about their pathetic lives.

it's that simple.

Well if that's the case, it's a miscalculation because Biden gets better ratings. Maybe they want to sell some ad revenue for male enhancement pills, my pillows, Frito Lay snacks, energy drinks and rated M video games.
America is a stupid country.. the mainstream media knows that better than anyone else, as our collective stupidity is a direct result of their actions and their message. They know who their audience is.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-10-15, 11:45

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Well if that's the case, it's a miscalculation because Biden gets better ratings. Maybe they want to sell some ad revenue for male enhancement pills, my pillows, Frito Lay snacks, energy drinks and rated M video games.

First of all, NBC did a town hall with Biden last week. They're legally required to offer it to Trump. Same with ABC doing Biden after doing a Trump town hall a couple of weeks ago.

The uproar is about doing it at the same time as Biden's. On the one hand, I get it, as they had this time slot open for the debate. On the other hand, they shouldn't have acquiesced to Trump's request to do it at the same time.

Biden may have missed an opportunity too, though.
The Debate commission said that they would hold the debate (virtually) even if only one candidate showed up. Biden could have done that. But what I'm not sure about is if all of the networks would have still had to carry it.

I think Trump gets better ratings on this. His fans are rabid and will tune in and drool over him, and a good number of others will tune in to watch an expected train wreck. Biden's will be pretty vanilla. No one needs to be convinced by him at this point and there won't be any weirdness to tune in for. Having said that, there's an online campaign to get people to tune in to Biden just to get more ratings. We will see though. It is irrelevant to the election though.

He might they will be running it on their cable properties as well. Also, NBC is getting a ton of negative publicity so that may help. Biden's town halls up to this point though have beaten Trumps and I think Trump fatigue is a huge part in that.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-10-15, 12:09

Kamala just suspended her campaign after two staffers tested positive for the coronavirus.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-10-15, 17:48

steveschneider wrote:
There's balance and realism. Saving democracy is hard work and being realistic about how in trouble our democracy is and opposing any threat to it is important.

I watched The Ronald Reagan doc on PBS recently...great watch and it floored me to watch all those Russian summits and great speeches he gave condemning dictatorships and how he stood up to oppression. He also was into the American dream that someone could come here as a refuge and find a pathway to a better life. Sure he had his loony shit like the Star Wars program, he spent, borrowed and drove up deficits but what really popped out at me is his apology he gave in an address for misleading people on the Iran Contra scandal. How f'n refreshing it was to see! He cared about America, honor and integrity. He stood up for our values. That article talks about how important it is for elites and institutions to stand up for democracy. GWB and Jeb should grow a pair, condemn Trump and announce they are voting for Biden. This country needs to get back on track or it's going to be Trumpistan.

Also, fuck NBC news for having a Trump Town Hall. What a disgrace.

Reagan didn't have to believe in looney Star Wars. All he had to do was make the Russkis believe in Star Wars.

Compare that to the Space Force president lol.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-10-15, 19:36

Floyd Robertson wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I watched The Ronald Reagan doc on PBS recently...great watch and it floored me to watch all those Russian summits and great speeches he gave condemning dictatorships and how he stood up to oppression. He also was into the American dream that someone could come here as a refuge and find a pathway to a better life. Sure he had his loony shit like the Star Wars program, he spent, borrowed and drove up deficits but what really popped out at me is his apology he gave in an address for misleading people on the Iran Contra scandal. How f'n refreshing it was to see! He cared about America, honor and integrity. He stood up for our values. That article talks about how important it is for elites and institutions to stand up for democracy. GWB and Jeb should grow a pair, condemn Trump and announce they are voting for Biden. This country needs to get back on track or it's going to be Trumpistan.

Also, fuck NBC news for having a Trump Town Hall. What a disgrace.

Reagan didn't have to believe in looney Star Wars. All he had to do was make the Russkis believe in Star Wars.

I just remember in the doc in Reykjavik he wouldn't come to a peace deal because he wouldn't budge on Star Wars. I guess the historians in the film argued because of his Hollywood back ground he was in love with the idea..but yeah even me calling that out is a small potato compared to the day in day out lunacy we have now. My take away from that doc and what I admired he was pro America, pro democracy and after this Trump ordeal I realize how important that is. He stood up for it and he walked the walk. Also, one of my good friends is here because Reagan welcomed over so many Vietnamese.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-10-15, 21:49

steveschneider wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

I just remember in the doc in Reykjavik he wouldn't come to a peace deal because he wouldn't budge on Star Wars. I guess the historians in the film argued because of his Hollywood back ground he was in love with the idea..but yeah even me calling that out is a small potato compared to the day in day out lunacy we have now. My take away from that doc and what I admired he was pro America, pro democracy and after this Trump ordeal I realize how important that is. He stood up for it and he walked the walk. Also, one of my good friends is here because Reagan welcomed over so many Vietnamese.

This isn't the best place to get into discussions about politics from 30-40 years ago, but it is worth pointing out that while he refused to budge on SDI, but he also offered to share it with the Soviets and wait to deploy it until all ballistic missiles were destroyed, to prove that he wasn't trying to be able to win a nuclear war. It was that important to him to make the missiles obsolete (really all nukes, but missiles were the biggest threat). That wasn't political posturing, it was reflected in his private journal and private conversations since long before he was president. Yes, it wasnt doable to create a working SDI system, but no scientific breakthrough is doable until it is. People will disagree on whether the cost was worth the attempt, but this isn't the thread for that. I just wanted to add a couple facts as it pertains to Reykjavik and SDI.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-10-15, 23:25

Watched the Challenger documentary last night with my kid. Really good. They replayed Regan's speach, man he was a good speaker.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-10-16, 08:39

Nordic wrote:Watched the Challenger documentary last night with my kid. Really good. They replayed Regan's speach, man he was a good speaker.

Yep, you should watch that Reagan doc. Another thing I admire about him is he could heal and unite a nation. He didn’t flip the bird to Americans that didn’t vote for him. He was humble, gracious and loved this country. This shit matters people. Biden last night was so humble during his answer of what will you do if you lose in November.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-10-16, 09:47

Nordic wrote:Watched the Challenger documentary last night with my kid. Really good. They replayed Regan's speach, man he was a good speaker.

The new Netflix one? That's one of the next things on my list to watch.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-16, 09:49

more mainstream media coverage about {gasp} Hunter Biden.. The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 25 502811600

(CBS News) - What we know – and don't know – about Hunter Biden's alleged laptop

Caution: Mainstream Media Link
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-10-16, 10:01

True story saw a guy last night standing on a corner holding up a big sign that said 'Crooked Democrats'. I was stopped at the intersection and could hear him tell another guy about Hunter's emails. Wonder what he thinks about the Trump kids shifting money that was for kids with cancer into Trumps own business.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-10-16, 10:34

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

This isn't the best place to get into discussions about politics from 30-40 years ago, but it is worth pointing out that while he refused to budge on SDI, but he also offered to share it with the Soviets and wait to deploy it until all ballistic missiles were destroyed, to prove that he wasn't trying to be able to win a nuclear war. It was that important to him to make the missiles obsolete (really all nukes, but missiles were the biggest threat). That wasn't political posturing, it was reflected in his private journal and private conversations since long before he was president. Yes, it wasnt doable to create a working SDI system, but no scientific breakthrough is doable until it is. People will disagree on whether the cost was worth the attempt, but this isn't the thread for that. I just wanted to add a couple facts as it pertains to Reykjavik and SDI.

I'll get this Reagan talk back on track, I'm convinced after what I saw in that doc and this is my opinion but I think Reagan would be right there with Kasich endorsing Biden. He loved democracy and this country and I think he would be more in line with the values of Joe Biden than the con man from Queens.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

MiamiSpartan and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-10-16, 11:19

This one was especially powerful to me as the father of a daughter. Not that I wasnt already against Trump (and his misogyny plays a big part in that), but this still hits the heart.

[tw]1317107649100435457?s=09[/tw]

MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-10-16, 11:25

This is good news. Our beloved militia types will have to stand at least 101 ft away from polling places with their ARs.

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/politics/2020/10/16/no-open-carry-firearms-michigan-polling-places-clerk-voting-elections/3677520001/?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-10-16, 11:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:more mainstream media coverage about {gasp} Hunter Biden.. The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 25 502811600

(CBS News) - What we know – and don't know – about Hunter Biden's alleged laptop

Caution: Mainstream Media Link

You realize that pretty much the entire article is calling the whole thing bullshit by pointing out everything that doesn't add up about it, right?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-10-16, 11:31

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:This is good news. Our beloved militia types will have to stand at least 101 ft away from polling places with their ARs.

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/politics/2020/10/16/no-open-carry-firearms-michigan-polling-places-clerk-voting-elections/3677520001/?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot

Most guns can shoot further than 101 feet, though.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-10-16, 11:43

MiamiSpartan wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:This is good news. Our beloved militia types will have to stand at least 101 ft away from polling places with their ARs.

Most guns can shoot further than 101 feet, though.

With better accuracy
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-16, 12:19

MiamiSpartan wrote:This one was especially powerful to me as the father of a daughter.  Not that I wasnt already against Trump (and his misogyny plays a big part in that), but this still hits the heart.

my (at the time) 68 year old Dad who never left the hollers of the mountains of North Carolina told me back in 2016 "I don't see how a woman or anyone with a wife, sister or a daughter could vote for that man"..

and he was a lifelong Republican who voted for Jesse Helms. Shocked  The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 25 502811600

it was nice to know that he drew the line at misogyny. I had my problems with him, but overall he was a good dude. Loved and respected his wife and granddaughter, that's for sure.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider, kingstonlake and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-10-16, 14:57

MiamiSpartan wrote:This one was especially powerful to me as the father of a daughter. Not that I wasnt already against Trump (and his misogyny plays a big part in that), but this still hits the heart.

Incredible ad and what a talented group. I respect the hell out of Kasich, Wilson, Schmidt, Frum and so on that have come forth to do what is right and help end this national nightmare.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-10-16, 15:45

See. That’s an effective message from these guys. No problem there.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-10-17, 08:36

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2020/10/16/donald-trump-has-at-least-1-billion-in-debt-more-than-twice-the-amount-he-suggested/#46fd5fbf4330

One reason for all the confusion: Trump’s loans are not fully transparent. It’s still unclear to whom he owes an estimated $162 million against his skyscraper in San Francisco, for example. The loan against 1290 Avenue of the Americas is also something of a mystery. And it’s difficult to pin down the amount the president owes on a loan tied to his Bedford, New York, mansion. When asked about all of this, the Trump Organization did not respond.
Ya don't say! Shocker.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-10-17, 09:16

Can't believe the press is bringing this Biden story up again. The whole thing seems dubious and reeks of a Steve Bannon/Roger Stone manipulation. You'd think they'd have learned something after 2016. Print it all you want but just seems like they are wasting resources on an obvious RNC smear campaign.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-10-17, 09:25

I don't think they're getting a Comey surprise this time Steve.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-10-17, 09:45

steveschneider wrote:Can't believe the press is bringing this Biden story up again. The whole thing seems dubious and reeks of a Steve Bannon/Roger Stone manipulation. You'd think they'd have learned something after 2016. Print it all you want but just seems like they are wasting resources on an obvious RNC smear campaign.

Seriously? Where are you seeing the media give this any legitimacy? I mean real media, not Fox/NYPost. All I've seen are countless stories about how it is bullshit, how the Russians targeted Giuliani, how Giuliani is pals with a guy that Trump's own DOJ sanctioned for being a Russian agent, how Facebook and Twitter have blocked people from posting the story, etc.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-10-17, 10:14

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Can't believe the press is bringing this Biden story up again. The whole thing seems dubious and reeks of a Steve Bannon/Roger Stone manipulation. You'd think they'd have learned something after 2016. Print it all you want but just seems like they are wasting resources on an obvious RNC smear campaign.

Seriously? Where are you seeing the media give this any legitimacy? I mean real media, not Fox/NYPost. All I've seen are countless stories about how it is bullshit, how the Russians targeted Giuliani, how Giuliani is pals with a guy that Trump's own DOJ sanctioned for being a Russian agent, how Facebook and Twitter have blocked people from posting the story, etc.

Twitter.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-17, 10:20

the mainstream media needs their christian hero..

you don't want them to have to cover things like income inequality, climate change, and affordable housing for low-income Americans, do ya?

How do you expect them sell ads for that?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-10-17, 10:44

MiamiSpartan wrote:

CBS reporter asked him about it and he got defensive and some are reporting he ‘lashed out’. Washington Post did an oped on it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-10-17, 10:49

This is marked as subscriber only but somehow I was able to read it on my phone. Obviously, the NRA, Shirkey and the Rs are fighting Nessel's ban on guns at polling places as "unconstitutional". How can people ever protect themselves from random violence if they can't open/concealed carry? The Livingston County sheriff is saying he won't enforce it. Brilliant.

https://www.detroitnews.com/restricted/?return=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.detroitnews.com%2Fstory%2Fnews%2Fpolitics%2F2020%2F10%2F16%2Fnra-sheriffs-association-question-bensons-ban-open-carry-polling-places%2F3686160001%2F

Meanwhile, court rules 3-0 that Michigan can't count late ballots. Can be appealed but...we know how that's going to go with a Conservative State Supreme Court. Stage 1 - "Voter Suppression" is in full swing.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2020/10/16/appellate-panel-wont-allow-michigans-late-ballots-counted/3685251001/
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-10-17, 11:33

steveschneider wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

CBS reporter asked him about it and he got defensive and some are reporting he ‘lashed out’. Washington Post did an oped on it.

You mean the op ed that is titled "The Truth Behind the Hunter Biden non-scandal"? I can't read it, but the title tells me it says that this is a non-scandal.

Oooh, a CBS reporter asked him about it. The horror that a reporter would ask a question. And I notice the Fox News headline says he "lashed out".

Steve, my man, I think you're losing it. This is Bob-level stuff. Might want to go back to that hiatus you promised.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-17, 12:28

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:This is marked as subscriber only but somehow I was able to read it on my phone. Obviously, the NRA, Shirkey and the Rs are fighting Nessel's ban on guns at polling places as "unconstitutional". How can people ever protect themselves from random violence if they can't open/concealed carry? The Livingston County sheriff is saying he won't enforce it. Brilliant.

https://www.detroitnews.com/restricted/?return=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.detroitnews.com%2Fstory%2Fnews%2Fpolitics%2F2020%2F10%2F16%2Fnra-sheriffs-association-question-bensons-ban-open-carry-polling-places%2F3686160001%2F

Meanwhile, court rules 3-0 that Michigan can't count late ballots. Can be appealed but...we know how that's going to go with a Conservative State Supreme Court. Stage 1 - "Voter Suppression" is in full swing.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2020/10/16/appellate-panel-wont-allow-michigans-late-ballots-counted/3685251001/
the fix is in, dude.

-------

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/viewtopic.php?t=22514
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 25 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25