Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wife is pissed at me..

+21
Snake Plissken
SeeRockCity
AMwood
Rocinante
The_Dude
I.B. Fine
duffy munn
Blanch32
Frank Ricard
Travis of the Cosmos
GRR Spartan
Giant Moose
tanfan!
tGreenWay
InTenSity
Turtleneck
The Pantry
CORNER BLITZ
SpartanInNH
tTy
DWags
25 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Wife is pissed at me.. Empty Wife is pissed at me..

Post by DWags 29/01/16, 10:52 pm

We're having an argument about the freedom our 15 year old should enjoy. Anyway, I said, did your parents ever know where you were, and what you were doing at all times on the weekends? She says no. We both know we drank got high did drugs in the late 70's early 80's. No cell phones to track us.

And here is my point: now my generation are a bunch of fucking helicopter parents who often make less than their parents expect more from their kids, wait for our parents houses and dowries and bitch more about America than ever. We (born between 1960 and 1980) have contributed less, demanded more missed major wars, hate paying the taxes our parents paid, and blame more people for Americas problems than any generation ever.

She says I'm history based and not social worker based. What am I missing? I don't think I'm getting the BJ tonight.

Am I wrong?

Full disclosure. I've been kind of drinking.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Wife is pissed at me.. Empty Re: Wife is pissed at me..

Post by tTy 29/01/16, 10:56 pm

Dude,

Contention, three supporting paragraphs, conclusion.... Otherwise, nobody is gonna be able to follow jackfa king shit you just said.

You went from "I'm pretty sure my 15 year old is getting laid right meow, I dodged the draft, my wife is fucking pissed cuz I can't fly a drone, and now she won't blow me, conclusion, I'm drunk". No, can, follow....
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 29/01/16, 10:58 pm

tTy wrote:Dude,

Contention, three supporting paragraphs, conclusion.... Otherwise, nobody is gonna be able to follow jackfa king shit you just said.

You went from "I'm pretty sure my 15 year old is getting laid right meow, I dodged the draft, my wife is fucking pissed cuz I can't fly a drone, and now she won't blow me, conclusion, I'm drunk". No, can, follow....

Em she's home you dumb ass
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 29/01/16, 10:58 pm

Wife is pissed at me.. 1966794946 Wife is pissed at me.. 1966794946 Wife is pissed at me.. 1966794946 Wife is pissed at me.. 1966794946
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 29/01/16, 11:01 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:

I think what FWags was saying was that by age he missed Vietnam because he was only about 8-10 years old during the height of the war, not that he dodged the draft. The rest is pretty much a slightly more articulate blanch.

Yeah. What ghost said.

I have always thought tTy was a home school type parent though. Just guessing.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 29/01/16, 11:05 pm

DWags wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote: I think what FWags was saying was that by age he missed Vietnam because he was only about 8-10 years old during the height of the war, not that he dodged the draft. The rest is pretty much a slightly more articulate blanch.

Yeah. What ghost said.

I took my two 5 year olds to a fucking bar tonight for 3 hours and drank Sam Adams like it was my job till 9:30 tonight, cuz it is.... WTF?
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 29/01/16, 11:06 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:
DWags wrote:

Yeah. What ghost said.

FWags, put some Barry White on in the bedroom, throw on a pair of men's bikini underwear, put some oil all over your body, and then take command! Wife is pissed at me.. 3557613862

Hmmm
I'm thinking about it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 29/01/16, 11:07 pm

tTy wrote:
DWags wrote:

Yeah. What ghost said.

I took my two 5 year olds to a fucking bar tonight for 3 hours and drank Sam Adams like it was my job till 9:30 tonight, cuz it is.... WTF?

So, home school?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 29/01/16, 11:09 pm

DWags wrote:

When I was 16 I drove over to my GF's house in the middle of the night and popped both our cherries with her mom and dad in the next bedroom, and two college aged brothers right down the hall. Might have a short pecker, but I have to wear specially tailored pants just so that my balls are properly accommodated.

Pretty sure "being home" isn't gonna necessarily stop anyone in your house from getting laid except for #AngryDrunkDWags tonight.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 29/01/16, 11:10 pm

tTy wrote:
DWags wrote:

When I was 16 I drove over to my GF's house in the middle of the night and popped both our cherries with her mom and dad in the next bedroom, and two college aged brothers right down the hall. Might have a short pecker, but I have to wear specially tailored pants just so that my balls are properly accommodated.

Pretty sure "being home" isn't gonna necessarily stop anyone in your house from getting laid except for #AngryDrunkDWags tonight.

Fuck.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 29/01/16, 11:13 pm

DWags wrote:
tTy wrote:

Fuck.

That is exactly what I did to her....
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 29/01/16, 11:14 pm

tTy wrote:
DWags wrote:

Fuck.

doesnt make my night better.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 29/01/16, 11:17 pm

DWags wrote:
tTy wrote:

Well, I am probably going to stay up for a while and drink. You wanna talk about it? I'm here to help.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 29/01/16, 11:21 pm

tTy wrote:
DWags wrote:

Well, I am probably going to stay up for a while and drink. You wanna talk about it? I'm here to help.

fuck, I just want an instruction book on parenting. I'm always fucking questioning what to do and when to do it. If I make a decision I don't need criticism. None of us know what the fuck works. Ima drink some more
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 29/01/16, 11:27 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:
DWags wrote:

fuck, I just want an instruction book on parenting. I'm always fucking questioning what to do and when to do it. If I make a decision I don't need criticism. None of us know what the fuck works. Ima drink some more
FWags, if you decide to remain the angry drunk dad tonight then maybe just throw on your headphones with some good music and post all night. I'll look forward to reading your posts in the morning. It's 9:24 PM in AZ right now and I'm thinking of going to bed.

Yeah, I'll let it go. Like I'd get any sage advice here. Fuck. I'm gonna read stories on the internet till I fall asleep.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 29/01/16, 11:31 pm

tTy wrote:
DWags wrote:

LOL
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 29/01/16, 11:32 pm

DWags wrote:
tTy wrote:

Well, I am probably going to stay up for a while and drink.  You wanna talk about it?  I'm here to help.

fuck, I just want an instruction book on parenting. I'm always fucking questioning what to do and when to do it. If I make a decision I don't need criticism. None of us know what the fuck works.  Ima drink some more

Well, I only have 5 year olds.  One of each, so I'm going to get to learn it all from both sides simultaneously.  I have pretty much already resigned myself to the fact that I can only give them the best advise that I can give them, and that they are just going to have to either take it at face, or take the parts of it that they want at face, and the rest is going to have to be "trial and error".  I can remember how diabolical I was as a youth, and that I knew better every step of the way (because I have fucking awesome parents), but it never stopped me from being a god damn idiot, fucking up, and having to learn some stupid ass lessons by being a stupid ass.  And that was the ONLY way I was going to learn them....

There becomes a point in every childs life where the parent becomes a consultant, and no longer a parent.  A lot of the reason I was a crazy MF'er as a kid was because my mom tried to control the shit out me.  You have to strike a delicate balance between control and leniency.  You can't lock your kid up in a room and wait till she turns 30 to let her out and see the world, but at the same time you can't give her a brick of coke, money for a boob job, drop her off at a topless joint on amateur night and tell her to "make good choices".
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 29/01/16, 11:36 pm

tTy wrote:
DWags wrote:

fuck, I just want an instruction book on parenting. I'm always fucking questioning what to do and when to do it. If I make a decision I don't need criticism. None of us know what the fuck works.  Ima drink some more

Well, I only have 5 year olds.  One of each, so I'm going to get to learn it all from both sides simultaneously.  I have pretty much already resigned myself to the fact that I can only give them the best advise that I can give them, and that they are just going to have to either take it at face, or take the parts of it that they want at face, and the rest is going to have to be "trial and error".  I can remember how diabolical I was as a youth, and that I knew better every step of the way (because I have fucking awesome parents), but it never stopped me from being a god damn idiot, fucking up, and having to learn some stupid ass lessons by being a stupid ass.  And that was the ONLY way I was going to learn them....

There becomes a point in every childs life where the parent becomes a consultant, and no longer a parent.  A lot of the reason I was a crazy MF'er as a kid was because my mom tried to control the shit out me.  You have to strike a delicate balance between control and leniency.  You can't lock your kid up in a room and wait till she turns 30 to let her out and see the world, but at the same time you can't give her a brick of coke, money for a boob job, drop her off at a topless joint on amateur night and tell her to "make good choices".

And you can't think what worked for your parents and worked on you will work now. It's a fucking tough job. Especially if you aren't in lock step as parents.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 29/01/16, 11:40 pm

DWags wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote: FWags, if you decide to remain the angry drunk dad tonight then maybe just throw on your headphones with some good music and post all night. I'll look forward to reading your posts in the morning. It's 9:24 PM in AZ right now and I'm thinking of going to bed.

Yeah, I'll let it go. Like I'd get any sage advice here. Fuck. I'm gonna read stories on the internet till I fall asleep.
Don't give up, man.

Look her deeply in the eyes, then part your hair with your tongue.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 29/01/16, 11:44 pm

Has Blanch ever met his sister?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 29/01/16, 11:45 pm

The Pantry wrote:
DWags wrote:

Don't give up, man.

Wife is pissed at me.. 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 29/01/16, 11:45 pm

DWags wrote:
tTy wrote:

And you can't think what worked for your parents and worked on you will work now. It's a fucking tough job. Especially if you aren't in lock step as parents.

I'm pretty sure that you both have to be on the same page, but that there is definitely room for good-cop/bad-cop manipulation/psychology. Kids are stupid asses. But, kids are also smart as fuck sometimes. Every kid is different, and managing their upbringing is unpossible to put in a playbook. They are all just going to be different.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 29/01/16, 11:45 pm

Turtleneck wrote:Has Blanch ever met his sister?

Does he have a sister.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 29/01/16, 11:47 pm

The Pantry wrote:
DWags wrote:

Don't give up, man.

Wife is pissed at me.. 1966794946 Wife is pissed at me.. 1966794946 Wife is pissed at me.. 1966794946

He's not going to get a BJ out of that. He's might need to find a snorkel though....
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 29/01/16, 11:47 pm

DWags wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Has Blanch ever met his sister?

Does he have a sister.

Since he is your son it kind of makes your daughter his sister.

Last edited by Turtleneck on 30/01/16, 07:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 29/01/16, 11:48 pm

None of you assholes really care about my wellbeing.

Fuck all of you. I'm doing shots.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 29/01/16, 11:48 pm

I got nothing. The other night I took my daughter to the playground. There was another girl there, so they played. My daughter throws her arms out and says, freeze, I have powers. I always play along and freeze, so she thinks she has powers, the girl she was playing with didn't understand. I felt so bad because my daughter was confused why her powers weren't working. I'm not looking forward to her growing up.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 29/01/16, 11:49 pm

So, what did the daughter do that has you and the missus all pissed off at each other?
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 29/01/16, 11:49 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
DWags wrote:

Does he have a sister.

Since he is your son it kind of make your daughter his sister.

Almost like I could suck my own dick.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 29/01/16, 11:52 pm

DWags wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Since he is your son it kind of make your daughter his sister.

Almost like I could suck my own dick.

Sounds like you might have a job opening anyway, soooooo....... #GoogleRibRemovalSurgery
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 30/01/16, 12:01 am

tTy wrote:So, what did the daughter do that has you and the missus all pissed off at each other?

Seriously, came up to us at the basketball game and said she was staying at a friends house tonight instead of dinner with us. Girls mom was with us in the stands and I said, cool, I'll drive over and pick you up tomorrow. So the wife says no she needs to come home tonight. I'm now embarrassed cause somehow I fucked up about the go ahead and now I got to stumble over words figuring why I said cool and it wasn't. Get home to find out if you made a plan with family you shouldn't break it (which I agree, but big deal, it's one night). Then it became a generational thing like we wouldn't do that to our parents and I disagreed.

So there. Small shit that drinking seems to magnify.

By the way, I did that to my parents all the time.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 30/01/16, 12:13 am

DWags wrote:
tTy wrote:So, what did the daughter do that has you and the missus all pissed off at each other?

Seriously, came up to us at the basketball game and said she was staying at a friends house tonight instead of dinner with us. Girls mom was with us in the stands and I said, cool, I'll drive over and pick you up tomorrow. So the wife says no she needs to come home tonight. I'm now embarrassed cause somehow I fucked up about the go ahead and now I got to stumble over words figuring why I said cool and it wasn't. Get home to find out if you made a plan with family you shouldn't break it (which I agree, but big deal, it's one night). Then it became a generational thing like we wouldn't do that to our parents and I disagreed.

Kind of cringe at nuking the kids request to make a change of plans, especially given the involvement of other parent that I'm guessing you both trust, etc, just because it is a "change of plans"..... Unless there are other details, that is not a very good reason to be a buzzkill parent, IMO. Now, I'm assuming, everyone is at home, and mad, and you are trying to figure out how you are going to gain enough flexibility to suck your own dick. Lose/Lose/Lose situation.... Unless you gain that ever elusive male flexibility somehow! Then we can put a "win" in there somewhere!!!
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 30/01/16, 12:16 am

tTy wrote:
DWags wrote:

Kind of cringe at nuking the kids request to make a change of plans, especially given the involvement of other parent that I'm guessing you both trust, etc, just because it is a "change of plans"..... Unless there are other details, that is not a very good reason to be a buzzkill parent, IMO. Now, I'm assuming, everyone is at home, and mad, and you are trying to figure out how you are going to gain enough flexibility to suck your own dick. Lose/Lose/Lose situation.... Unless you gain that ever elusive male flexibility somehow! Then we can put a "win" in there somewhere!!!

Yeah. All are pissef and I can't suck my own dick. This night sucks.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 30/01/16, 12:27 am

DWags wrote:
tTy wrote:

Yeah. All are pissef and I can't suck my own dick. This night sucks.

I'm guessing your wife has other reasons she hasn't voiced other than "we can't change plans n stuff!", but that is just a guess. Otherwise, that is a pretty terrible reason to nix a potentially fun night for a 15 year old kid.

On another note, do you have a dog? And some peanut butter?
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 30/01/16, 01:09 am

DWags wrote:
I said, cool, I'll drive over and pick you up tomorrow. So the wife says no she needs to come home tonight. I'm now embarrassed cause somehow I fucked up about the go ahead and now I got to stumble over words figuring why I said cool and it wasn't.

Chicks man
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 30/01/16, 01:12 am

tTy wrote:
DWags wrote:

Now I remember who you are.

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 30/01/16, 09:07 am

My generation created the millennial slacker participation trophy generation. Nuff said. Embarrassment to all those ww2 dads.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 30/01/16, 09:59 am

DWags, your wife is just demanding excellence of you. I know demanding excellence always seems to upset you.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 30/01/16, 10:08 am

My kids are older.  They both knew they had  basically 4 rules

1.  treat other people the way you want to be treated.  (like don't lie and get pissed because you were lied to)

2. Don't do anything that you don't want your family or the public to know about later.

3.  Always do the best you can whether it's in class, in sports or being a friend

4.  You can do anything once but if you pay attention to the first 3 you'll probably make good choices.

Hopefully by the time they're in HS know what's right, wrong and is acceptable at home.

Worked my two kids but everyone's kids are different.  Whe they got to college as freshman my wife got the calls on how to do,laundry and cook. I got the call on how to handle a hangover.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on 30/01/16, 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 30/01/16, 10:10 am

GRR Spartan wrote:My kids are older. They both knew they had basically 4 rules

1. treat other people the way you want to be treated. (like don't lie and get pissed because you were lied to)

2. Don't do anything that you don't want your family or the public to know about later.

3. Always do the best you can whether it's in class, in sports or being a friend

4. You can do anything once but if you pay attention to the first 3 you'll probably make good choices.

Worked my two kids but everyone's kids are different. Only had one major slip up. My oldest got a speeding ticket and told tell us. A few weeks earlier had gotten a ticket for rolling through what was thought to be a yellow light and paid the ticket thinking we wouldn't find out.
Got my new insurance quote and called asking why the huge bump in my rates. That's when I discovered the 2nd ticket. Never yelled or threatened. Just informed the kid who'd be paying the difference between the 1 ticket car insurance and the 2 ticket rate. Took $50-$60 a month for about 18 months until it was off to school at Iowa and because my student was living more than 200 miles from home without a car I could drop the driver from my policy.

Years later we still hear how not going ape shit and the monthly bill was far worse than yelling.
GRR, that involves actual parenting. DWags would rather just pretend everything is OK and have another drink.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next