Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My dumb idea about our games at Spartan Stadium.

+15
Travis of the Cosmos
Cameron
Green money
steveschneider
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
CORNER BLITZ
Nordic
Turtleneck
y2kMgrad
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
tGreenWay
WhiteBoyHatcher
DWags
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

My dumb idea about our games at Spartan Stadium.  Empty My dumb idea about our games at Spartan Stadium.

Post by DWags 2020-09-27, 20:36

Dwags dumb idea.

Lots of completely empty sections in stadiums. Tons of them. For schools refusing fans how about this: 2k gets you a seat in various sections. 150 people per section. Way more than six feet apart. Take all the money from those willing to pony up and pick a charity. Donate all money to a charity. As you get near the upper decks price goes down to 500 per seat.

If my kid was a senior cheerleader and it was her last year, you bet I’d pay that.

Seems silly to have completely empty stadiums. Uofm and MSU could have a victims fund. Just a dumb idea.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

My dumb idea about our games at Spartan Stadium.  Empty Re: My dumb idea about our games at Spartan Stadium.

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-09-27, 20:41

It's up to local and State regulations, not MSU. But yeah I agree, there no reason you can't have some people in stadiums.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

My dumb idea about our games at Spartan Stadium.  Empty Re: My dumb idea about our games at Spartan Stadium.

Post by tGreenWay 2020-09-27, 20:42

All the money raised could go to the surviving families of those who died from getting covid at the games. My dumb idea about our games at Spartan Stadium.  3493939353
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Other Teams Pursuing That, DWags and MattyFresh like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-09-27, 20:54

tGreenWay wrote:All the money raised could go to the surviving families of those who died from getting covid at the games. My dumb idea about our games at Spartan Stadium.  3493939353
SEC - It just means more (dead people).

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-09-27, 20:55

I think masks at Ole Miss were optional...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-09-27, 21:28

DWags wrote:Dwags dumb idea.

Lots of completely empty sections in stadiums. Tons of them. For schools refusing fans how about this: 2k gets you a seat in various sections. 150 people per section. Way more than six feet apart. Take all the money from those willing to pony up and pick a charity. Donate all money to a charity. As you get near the upper decks price goes down to 500 per seat.

If my kid was a senior cheerleader and it was her last year, you bet I’d pay that.

Seems silly to have completely empty stadiums. Uofm and MSU could have a victims fund. Just a dumb idea.

2k seems a little high. How about 1000 people @ $200 each, and you have to take a rapid test on Friday or Saturday morning (and pay for it). No concessions. You can bring in a cooler.

Spread out those green cushion chairbacks and people can only sit in those.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2020-09-27, 21:44

These stadiums are huge. There's definitely room to have some fans in the stands. 10% at least. Maybe 20. I think the main concern is people gathering at the gates and concessions, but you can plan around that. I like how Notre Dame is doing it: spread the students out, allow faculty and their families, and maybe a small percentage of donors. Idk. But whatever you do, don't use the stupid piped in fan sound. It just sounds so fake and cheesy imo.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and MattyFresh like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-09-27, 21:51

0-8
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-09-27, 22:35

Hypothetically if they opened it up to limited seating and had the opportunity to go I probably wouldn't. There is not much appealing about it. Only reason I would is if the kids wanted to go.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-09-27, 22:44

Nordic wrote:Hypothetically if they opened it up to limited seating and had the opportunity to go I probably wouldn't. There is not much appealing about it. Only reason I would is if the kids wanted to go.

Or my kid was a cheer team member.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-09-27, 23:00

I like the thing some teams are doing letting family of players and personnel in. Screw everyone else. Can easily put 7.5k in safely in SS spaced out, enforce Karening.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-09-27, 23:07

tbh not that dumb of an idea Wags

before clicking I thought you were going to say something about making noise outside
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-09-27, 23:10

CORNER BLITZ wrote:tbh not that dumb of an idea Wags

before clicking I thought you were going to say something about making noise outside

Hey DWags, I thought it was the dumbest fucking idea I’ve ever read on the Internet. And I have read all of Guest’s ideas.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-09-27, 23:12

Turtleneck wrote:

Hey DWags, I thought it was the dumbest fucking idea I’ve ever read on the Internet. And I have read all of Guest’s ideas.

Yeah, I’m worried about you brother. Hope you’re well. Seems like you’re very angry lately. P.M. me if needed. Love you man.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-09-27, 23:50

I’m in your driveway. Can bring me a black bean burger and some chips and salsa?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-09-27, 23:52

Turtleneck wrote:I’m in your driveway. Can bring me a black bean burger and some chips and salsa?

Dude.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-09-27, 23:54

I’m gonna go inside and move the mustard to another spot in the refrigerator. Maybe move the orange juice and cheese, too.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

CORNER BLITZ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-09-28, 07:10

My dumb idea about our games at Spartan Stadium.  502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-09-28, 07:27

How about if they sold every seat for $200 for the season, but you don't get to sit in it? Instead, you upload a picture of you in game gear and they make a cutout of you and place it in your seat. You also upload an audio clip of you cheering (sorry, no first down, bitch), they mix all those cheers together and pipe in the sound. At the end of the season, you can pick up your cutout in E.L.

Keeps everybody safer.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-09-28, 07:48

Turtleneck wrote:I’m gonna go inside and move the mustard to another spot in the refrigerator. Maybe move the orange juice and cheese, too.

Or just take stuff out of the fridge and put it on the counter...

My dumb idea about our games at Spartan Stadium.  1f34e  My dumb idea about our games at Spartan Stadium.  1f34f
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-09-28, 07:54

NigelUno wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:I’m gonna go inside and move the mustard to another spot in the refrigerator. Maybe move the orange juice and cheese, too.

Or just take stuff out of the fridge and put it on the counter...

My dumb idea about our games at Spartan Stadium.  1f34e  My dumb idea about our games at Spartan Stadium.  1f34f

Do you think maybe that's taking things too far?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-09-28, 08:01

I feel like at this point we know how to protect ourselves. You mask up indoors and the science has shown outdoors is pretty safe. You space people out in the seats it wouldn’t be any different than the out door seating at a restaurant we eat at. The main concern I have is that there’s still idiots that refuse to mask up or they claim they have a fake health condition and they could die if they wear a mask. If I had confidence in people wearing a mask in the concourses, bathrooms, gates etc I’d be all for it. Not sure we’ve earned that privilege but I think overall the numbers are pretty good in Michigan so maybe it would work b
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Green money 2020-09-28, 15:49

Never fear, after November 3rd, all this nonsense will be over and fans will be allowed at games. Or, we won't have fans at games for 4 more years. Not confident which way it will go
Green money
Green money
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-09-28, 17:19

Green money wrote:Never fear, after November 3rd, all this nonsense will be over and fans will be allowed at games. Or, we won't have fans at games for 4 more years. Not confident which way it will go

Wut
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-09-28, 17:30

Green money wrote:Never fear, after November 3rd, all this nonsense will be over and fans will be allowed at games. Or, we won't have fans at games for 4 more years. Not confident which way it will go

Hot take. Bookmarking.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-09-28, 17:48

I got an idea, and it's up to the team and fans....never lose again at Spartan Stadium. Ultimate home field advantage. LETS GO!!!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-09-28, 18:00

steveschneider wrote:I got an idea, and it's up to the team and fans....never lose again at Spartan Stadium. Ultimate home field advantage. LETS GO!!!

Think you can get everyone on the same page, moving in the right direction?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-09-28, 18:42

steveschneider wrote:I got an idea, and it's up to the team and fans....never lose again at Spartan Stadium. Ultimate home field advantage. LETS GO!!!

0-8
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-09-28, 19:03

Leave it to fucking steve to come up with this. 100
Years of football and not one mother fucker in East Lansing has ever thought of this. Way to go steve.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-09-28, 19:28

tGreenWay wrote:

It’s going to take a lot of alcohol, good food, and the university to ease a few tailgating restrictions. If a few things come together then yes I think we can start moving together towards nattys.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-09-28, 19:29

Steve would certainly give Michael Scott a run for his money as a brilliant middle manager in a corporate structure somewhere.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-09-28, 19:56

Turtleneck wrote:Steve would certainly give Michael Scott a run for his money as a brilliant middle manager in a corporate structure somewhere.
Funny, I've always imagined steve working in HR...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-09-28, 20:03

Cameron wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Steve would certainly give Michael Scott a run for his money as a brilliant middle manager in a corporate structure somewhere.
Funny, I've always imagined steve working in HR...

My dumb idea about our games at Spartan Stadium.  200
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-09-28, 20:04

That’s actually a good comparison My dumb idea about our games at Spartan Stadium.  502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-09-28, 20:43

steveschneider wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

It’s going to take a lot of alcohol, good food, and the university to ease a few tailgating restrictions. If a few things come together then yes I think we can start moving together towards nattys.

The first tailgating restriction you should ask them to ease up on is allowing tailgating again.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-09-28, 22:48

tGreenWay wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

The first tailgating restriction you should ask them to ease up on is allowing tailgating again.

Last time students fought a tailgate restriction flames from couches lit up the dark streets of East Lansing.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2020-09-28, 23:21

nvm
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-09-29, 08:46

y2kMgrad wrote:nvm

This is a safe place, and two of us have shared our 'dumb' ideas though I thought the OP's was actually a good one. You can say it, you are among friends.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-09-29, 09:19

No selling seats, there doesn’t need to be a profit motive here.

They should get the families of players and cheerleaders and such to be in there if they want to be. For free. But there’s no reason why anyone else should gum up the process by buying seats if it isn’t their family member down on the field.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-09-29, 09:25

Oh also I just dismissed the “give it to charity” part because lol they’re not going to do that
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next