Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial 2020 Presidential Debate Thread..

+20
StylesGShmooth
WhiteBoyHatcher
NigelUno
Tim Wakefield
InTenSity
Cameron
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
Motown Spartan
Watch Out Pylon!
Nordic
GRR Spartan
The Pantry
MiamiSpartan
steveschneider
Rocinante
kingstonlake
Travis of the Cosmos
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
24 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

tOfficial 2020 Presidential Debate Thread..  - Page 5 Empty Re: tOfficial 2020 Presidential Debate Thread..

Post by GRR Spartan Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:40 am

My statement about numbers if “undecided” voters being statistically insignificant and minuscule didn’t mean those voters don’t matter.

It meant probable potential voters being “undecided” even before 11:00 PM EST September 29 2020 really weren’t.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial 2020 Presidential Debate Thread..  - Page 5 Empty Re: tOfficial 2020 Presidential Debate Thread..

Post by steveschneider Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:04 am

Also, all the ball busting and shade thrown at Chris Wallace give him props for his question to Trump to condemn white supremacy. Not sure I can think of another moderator that would ask that and the answer we got will live on in the history books.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:30 pm

steveschneider wrote:All the talk about letting the moderator cut the mic get real. Trump will get his mic cut more (rightfully so) and the repubs will whine about media bias. Also, if Trump wants to turn it into a bar fight he still can.

It is not that difficult. You get 2 mins, during that 2 mins the other guy's mic is cut. After that you can open up both mics and let them squabble for the rest of the allotted time.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:37 pm

Aren't they in the same room? Why is cutting a mic for a TV audience going to stop these guys from shouting over each other?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:16 pm

looks like the "Commission on Presidential Debates" will institute new policies so that a 70+ year old man will be less likely to act like a 7 year old when mommy says 'no' to his demand for or more syrup on his ice cream.

seriously. This is where the United States of America - the Shining City on a Hill - is at this moment in history.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:19 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Aren't they in the same room? Why is cutting a mic for a TV audience going to stop these guys from shouting over each other?

They were, but spaced out. You turn their mic off and a) it won't go out over the air and b) you likely aren't going to hear what the other dude is babbling about so you won't feel as compelled to respond. If Joe still wants to respond (to shit we can't and he can barely hear), so be it.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:21 pm

Put those fucker in sound proof booths. This is pathetic that we have to think of shit to have a civilized debate. Fuck everyone of us. Elections has consequences. Fuck everyone of us.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:27 pm

Trumps primary objective for constantly interrupting was to confuse Biden.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:39 pm

kingstonlake wrote:Trumps primary objective for constantly interrupting was to confuse Biden.
doesn't seem like it worked.

my assessment is that the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator knows he has absolutely nothing to run on. 209,000+ dead Americans, the economy is in shambles, 800,000 Americans file for unemployment every single week.

so what is he gonna do? Beside promise cross-burnings while telling white people that the coloreds are coming to take their bibles, jobs, children and house.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:52 pm

For real though, cutting his mic would probably help trump more than anything so maybe it’s not such a bad thing
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:13 pm

kingstonlake wrote:Trumps primary objective for constantly interrupting was to confuse Biden.

Agree. Or if not to confuse him, to rattle him. I thought it was funny at one point where Trump jumped around to about 5 different topics in 30 seconds, after which:

Wallace: Mr Vice President, can you respond to the president's point?

Biden: I'm not sure which one of all that was his point?

Trump: I'm not surprised (clearly trying to make a "oh, joe is so out of it comment")

Wallace (at the same time as Trump's above comment): I'm not really sure either.

It effectively undercut Trump's jab by indicating that no one knew what he was talking about.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:15 pm

Nordic wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Aren't they in the same room? Why is cutting a mic for a TV audience going to stop these guys from shouting over each other?

They were, but spaced out. You turn their mic off and a) it won't go out over the air and b) you likely aren't going to hear what the other dude is babbling about so you won't feel as compelled to respond. If Joe still wants to respond (to shit we can't and he can barely hear), so be it.

I agree, it will be, at best, faint in the background, as the mics are really only designed to clearly pick up sound from a couple of feet away. It might be distracting, as Biden will still hear him (or Trump will hear Biden if he is the one interrupting), but no one at home will hear it.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:19 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Agree. Or if not to confuse him, to rattle him. I thought it was funny at one point where Trump jumped around to about 5 different topics in 30 seconds, after which:

Wallace: Mr Vice President, can you respond to the president's point?

Biden: I'm not sure which one of all that was his point?

Trump: I'm not surprised (clearly trying to make a "oh, joe is so out of it comment")

Wallace (at the same time as Trump's above comment): I'm not really sure either.

It effectively undercut Trump's jab by indicating that no one knew what he was talking about.

I’m pretty much on the side of thinking there shouldn’t be another debate. It seems pretty clear Biden is going to leave Trumps family out of it. There’s ammunition there. Your wife posed nude, you’ve cheated on every wife you’ve ever had, you viewed your daughter and a ten year old girl in a sexual manner. It’s literally on video. So why bother with another one. He’s taking the high road strategy. On the other hand, much like his briefings, more trump on camera the more he loses people. So maybe there is actually a benefit to having them.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:36 pm

Look, this already been figured out. Don't know what they're waiting for. Bring him in and get this done.

tOfficial 2020 Presidential Debate Thread..  - Page 5 Realimute

tOfficial 2020 Presidential Debate Thread..  - Page 5 CuX5h5YWgAAd0nj
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:18 pm

Only in the mind of deplorable amd the mainstream media could acting insane make the other guy seem rattled.

The bar is set so incredibly low for the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator. And he couldn't even clear that bar. tOfficial 2020 Presidential Debate Thread..  - Page 5 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:30 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Agree.  Or if not to confuse him, to rattle him.  I thought it was funny at one point where Trump jumped around to about 5 different topics in 30 seconds, after which:

Wallace:  Mr Vice President, can you respond to the president's point?

Biden:  I'm not sure which one of all that was his point?

Trump:  I'm not surprised (clearly trying to make a "oh, joe is so out of it comment")

Wallace (at the same time as Trump's above comment):  I'm not really sure either.

To be fair, the moderator had to get Biden back on track a couple times. He wasn't very sharp and lost his train of thought a number of times. It was overshadowed by Trump going off the rails.

I know I'm asking the wrong board, but Trump's antics asides, does anyone here think Biden was good last night? I thought he got better at the end, but overall he was scattered.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:44 pm

Overall, was pretty much a turd sling. Wallace's moderating was inept. Biden couldn't answer Trump's question about law enforcement agencies that support him. None do.

How about Rogan moderating the next one? I consider him sane, just left of center.

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:52 pm

I doubt any Biden supporter or person of color is “sweating“ police unions who essentially run interference for murderers, not supporting Biden.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:56 pm

There won't be any more debates. Trump won't agree to the addition of the mute button.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:00 pm

kingstonlake wrote:I doubt any Biden supporter or person of color is “sweating“ police unions who essentially run interference for murderers, not supporting Biden.
What a dramatic post. Are you on team "we don't need no cops"?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:17 pm

The Pantry wrote:Overall, was pretty much a turd sling.  Wallace's moderating was inept.  Biden couldn't answer Trump's question about law enforcement agencies that support him.  None do.

How about Rogan moderating the next one?  I consider him sane, just left of center.  

I mean

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-endorsements-law-enforcement
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:26 pm

Yeah let’s get another reality TV personality to moderate a presidential debate. What the fuck is wrong with people.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:32 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Overall, was pretty much a turd sling.  Wallace's moderating was inept.  Biden couldn't answer Trump's question about law enforcement agencies that support him.  None do.

How about Rogan moderating the next one?  I consider him sane, just left of center.  

I mean

Yet, Biden couldn't cite even one last night.

Kudos on supplying the Fox link. Might shut up a few repetitive pieholes here.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:35 pm

Nordic wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Agree.  Or if not to confuse him, to rattle him.  I thought it was funny at one point where Trump jumped around to about 5 different topics in 30 seconds, after which:

Trump:  I'm not surprised (clearly trying to make a "oh, joe is so out of it comment")

Wallace (at the same time as Trump's above comment):  I'm not really sure either.

To be fair, the moderator had to get Biden back on track a couple times. He wasn't very sharp and lost his train of thought a number of times. It was overshadowed by Trump going off the rails.

I know I'm asking the wrong board, but Trump's antics asides, does anyone here think Biden was good last night? I thought he got better at the end, but overall he was scattered.

Good? I don't know. I would at least say not bad. In terms of impression to the American people, I think Trump looked bad more than Biden looked good, as I doubt that the extreme interrupting and fighting with the moderator plays well.

I think Trump succeeded in distracting Biden from the issues and making it where Biden had to spend a lot of time fighting back against Trump. Or maybe it just seems like that because the nonsense so overshadowed things. Maybe that's why he seemed scattered. But it all seems to have obfuscated the issues. No one is going to remember the few policy discussions.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:38 pm

Rocinante wrote:Yeah let’s get another reality TV personality to moderate a presidential debate. What the fuck is wrong with people.
Rogan's an interesting dude and leans toward your side. Far more balanced on politics than Wallace. Does that sense of balance throw you off?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:41 pm

Nordic wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Yes, and for many reason more adult, more reasonable, more honorable....

His answers on voting, the environment, healthcare were more credible, honest and in line with my views. His answers on police were really good. His criticisms about Trumps pandemic response resonated with me and we have the Bob Woodward admission on tape to back it up. I could go on...
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:44 pm

The Pantry wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Yeah let’s get another reality TV personality to moderate a presidential debate. What the fuck is wrong with people.
Rogan's an interesting dude and leans toward your side. Far more balanced on politics than Wallace. Does that sense of balance throw you off?

I almost spit out a mouth full of hard seltzer. Are you serious? Chris Wallace is so much funnier, smarter and more engaging than Rogan.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:48 pm

The Pantry wrote:

No. The sense of showbiz is what throws me off. I’ve had enough of it.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:50 pm

steveschneider wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Rogan's an interesting dude and leans toward your side. Far more balanced on politics than Wallace. Does that sense of balance throw you off?

I almost spit out a mouth full of hard seltzer. Are you serious? Chris Wallace is so much funnier, smarter and more engaging than Rogan.
You've obviously had too much hard seltzer.

Go sit in your Prius, lean the seat back, go to sleep, and dream it can fly.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:53 pm

The Pantry wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

You've obviously had too much hard seltzer.

Go sit in your Prius, lean the seat back, go to sleep, and dream it can fly.

Rogan doesn't know shit about politics, all he does is whine about twitter, antifa and college campuses.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:57 pm

The Pantry wrote:

I mean

Kudos on supplying the Fox link.  Might shut up a few repetitive pieholes here.

Either way I don’t think any Biden supporters are all that worried about what corrupt police unions think. Do you think they care?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:01 pm

steveschneider wrote:
Nordic wrote:

His answers on voting, the environment, healthcare were more credible, honest and in line with my views. His answers on police were really good. His criticisms about Trumps pandemic response resonated with me and we have the Bob Woodward admission on tape to back it up. I could go on...

He was solid at the end. The voting, environment and healthcare segments were his best. I thought he totally whiffed on pandemic response.That should of been an easy one. He should of buried him right then and there, but he got rattled and quite frankly had no response to Trump's contention that he would not of shutdown China before he did. Big whiff IMO.

The question isn't was he "more". It was if he was good? As far as being more mature. Yes he was "more", but is calling someone a "clown" or "fool" and general reactions to Trump's interruptions was sinking to his level.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:15 pm

The Pantry wrote:

I mean

The preeminent thread on this board about Fox News being awful is called The Travis Report so it seems unlikely
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:17 pm

Nordic wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

He was solid at the end. The voting, environment and healthcare segments were his best. I thought he totally whiffed on pandemic response.That should of been an easy one. He should of buried him right then and there, but he got rattled and quite frankly had no response to Trump's contention that he would not of shutdown China before he did. Big whiff IMO.

The question isn't was he "more". It was if he was good? As far as being more mature. Yes he was "more", but is calling someone a "clown" or "fool" and general reactions to Trump's interruptions was sinking to his level.

I can see that and good take. Regarding stoop to his level yeah, but there's a dem faction that argues when they go low don't go high kick them in the fucking balls. You are right though he should have been more presidential. There was several points where I thought Joe could have done or said more. I thought he should have brought up Obama and Trumps birtherism bs when calling out Trumps racism. I do give Joe points for looking right into the camera during the childish temper tantrums and bullying and speaking right to the American people.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:19 pm

Also, before anyone socks it to me over my Rogan comments yes he's made some absolutely stellar podcasts. Not the guy to moderate a debate just my two cents and I'd rather stick to someone serious like Wallace who I respect.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:27 pm

Rocinante wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Rogan's an interesting dude and leans toward your side. Far more balanced on politics than Wallace. Does that sense of balance throw you off?

No. The sense of showbiz is what throws me off. I’ve had enough of it.
It is what-it-is in this new age of social media and instant news. Showbiz is everywhere. Hard to get away from it. So many popular entertainers and sports personalities chiming in with their personal political views that likely lead many of their followers to agree.

Rogan strikes me as one of the more thoughtful in the showbiz crowd. IMO he'd be able to moderate a debate far better than Wallace, who has been in news/showbiz too many years.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:29 pm

The Pantry wrote:

I mean

Well Trump did cite one and...

tOfficial 2020 Presidential Debate Thread..  - Page 5 Portla10
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:35 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
The Pantry wrote:

Kudos on supplying the Fox link.  Might shut up a few repetitive pieholes here.

Either way I don’t think any Biden supporters are all that worried about what corrupt police unions think. Do you think they care?
Likely, not. Hope they're all happy in Biden's world if he wins.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:22 pm

And, just a reminder to those constantly crying racism.  It goes both ways.  

The national news rarely reports stuff like this.  Cops have a tough job.

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:33 pm

The Pantry wrote:And, just a reminder to those constantly crying racism.  It goes both ways.  

The national news rarely reports stuff like this.  Cops have a tough job.

If that's the guy who ambushed the 2 cops in L.A., it was on national news at 6:30 today. I think it was announced today, so not sure when they're supposed to report it.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next