Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial 2020 Presidential Debate Thread..

+20
StylesGShmooth
WhiteBoyHatcher
NigelUno
Tim Wakefield
InTenSity
Cameron
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
Motown Spartan
Watch Out Pylon!
Nordic
GRR Spartan
The Pantry
MiamiSpartan
steveschneider
Rocinante
kingstonlake
Travis of the Cosmos
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
24 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

tOfficial 2020 Presidential Debate Thread..  - Page 9 Empty Re: tOfficial 2020 Presidential Debate Thread..

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-10-22, 23:07

steveschneider wrote:
InTenSity wrote:Trump in response to Biden saying the kids won't be with their parents.
Trump says...Good.
Commercials will be out tomorrow with that sound bite.

I think he said go ahead actually.

I think you're right.

But Trump did say what awesome living conditions the kids are in now. Jesus, the kids could be living at Mar A Lago and that's still a nightmare to be away from their parents. Fuck me, if that's not a guy that (as his niece said) never felt loved by his parents and doesn't show love to his own kids, I don't know what is.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial 2020 Presidential Debate Thread..  - Page 9 Empty Re: tOfficial 2020 Presidential Debate Thread..

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-10-22, 23:17

steveschneider wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I hope Steve will talk about the debate on his talk show tomorrow.

Listening to the pundits I guess Trump was very effective. I guess he has a structural advantage like Ohio State or UofM, he can lie all he wants but as long as he does it calmly it's powerful.

Bob was probably the winner tonight, I'm sure he didn't watch it and he's resting up for his run tomorrow morning.

I'd say that Trump was effective with saying that if these things were so important to Biden, why didn't he do anything about it in his 40 years in the Senate or 8 years as VP.

I'm not saying that I agree with that point, but to people that are wary of the same old, same old establishment (and that includes people on the left), I think that can register. Yes, we can do some whataboutism on that, and to most people that likely is irrelevant with so much Trump nonsense.

Biden mentioning the Republican Congress is a good point (Trump wasnt able to fulfill his campaign promises even with a Republican House and Senate). And Biden was VP, not President, though he's not going to say that and look like he's blaming Obama.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-10-22, 23:38

Someone help me out. Do any of you guys absolutely love your health insurance? Do you love that deduction out of your paycheck? Do you get giddy when you pay those co-pays?

I mean, there have been times when I've had really outstanding insurance through some past employers of me or my wife, but I was only happy about what they covered relative to others. I wouldn't have been pissed if I got it for free or much lower cost.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-10-22, 23:55

MiamiSpartan wrote:Someone help me out. Do any of you guys absolutely love your health insurance? Do you love that deduction out of your paycheck? Do you get giddy when you pay those co-pays?

I mean, there have been times when I've had really outstanding insurance through some past employers of me or my wife, but I was only happy about what they covered relative to others. I wouldn't have been pissed if I got it for free or much lower cost.
I think I'm in a lucky position. Since my wife is a nurse we can get the whole family insured for about $500/month. The kids are on her insurance, I'm insured through my job, which is pretty decent coverage. I also understand that if it goes national, my taxes will be higher. Flip side of that, if I want to look for another job, maybe I'm not as concerned about my health insurance and don't feel tied down to the job I have.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-23, 06:48

MiamiSpartan wrote:Someone help me out.  Do any of you guys absolutely love your health insurance?  Do you love that deduction out of your paycheck?  Do you get giddy when you pay those co-pays?

I mean, there have been times when I've had really outstanding insurance through some past employers of me or my wife, but I was only happy about what they covered relative to others.  I wouldn't have been pissed if I got it for free or much lower cost.
admittedly, I'm very fortunate, but my healthcare is amazing. I don't know the names of it and all that, but it's the top of the line BCBS.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-23, 06:51

steveschneider wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I hope Steve will talk about the debate on his talk show tomorrow.

Bob was probably the winner tonight, I'm sure he didn't watch it and he's resting up for his run tomorrow morning.
close.

Didn't watch it (obviously), but no run this morning. Waiting on the sun to pop up enough to get out on a bike ride. Temp around 60 this morning.. maybe the last ride of the season.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-10-23, 07:13

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Listening to the pundits I guess Trump was very effective. I guess he has a structural advantage like Ohio State or UofM, he can lie all he wants but as long as he does it calmly it's powerful.

I'd say that Trump was effective with saying that if these things were so important to Biden, why didn't he do anything about it in his 40 years in the Senate or 8 years as VP.

I'm not saying that I agree with that point, but to people that are wary of the same old, same old establishment (and that includes people on the left), I think that can register. Yes, we can do some whataboutism on that, and to most people that likely is irrelevant with so much Trump nonsense.

Biden mentioning the Republican Congress is a good point (Trump wasnt able to fulfill his campaign promises even with a Republican House and Senate). And Biden was VP, not President, though he's not going to say that and look like he's blaming Obama.

Maybe I’m just different but all I see up there is a pathological liar. Biden probably missed an opportunity to get out of that line of attack but the whole time trump was running with that line of attack all I can think was this is a guy untethered from reality that offers up imaginary solutions to complex problems. ‘We are going to build a wall’, ‘the virus is just going to go away’...‘I have a terrific healthcare plan, it’s going to be a beautiful plan, better than Obama care’...and brags about stuff like ‘I’m the least racist person in the room. I can’t see who’s in here but I’m the least racist person..’ and ‘I got more done in four years than any president’. To defend Biden from Trumps attack the answer is society evolves, today’s issues weren’t always top priority for the voters,, government moves slow and there often isn’t quick solutions to real world problems.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-10-23, 07:40

Nothing happened in that debate to change people’s minds. Zero.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2020-10-23, 08:41

DWags wrote:Nothing happened in that debate to change people’s minds. Zero.

Which means Biden won, if the polls are right
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-10-23, 09:04

LOL so much love.

[tw]1319511597929222144?s=21[/tw]
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-10-23, 09:09

kingstonlake wrote:LOL so much love.

[tw]1319511597929222144?s=21[/tw]

Feels like my marriage sometimes....(still voting Biden)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-10-23, 10:20

InTenSity wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:Someone help me out. Do any of you guys absolutely love your health insurance? Do you love that deduction out of your paycheck? Do you get giddy when you pay those co-pays?

I think I'm in a lucky position. Since my wife is a nurse we can get the whole family insured for about $500/month. The kids are on her insurance, I'm insured through my job, which is pretty decent coverage. I also understand that if it goes national, my taxes will be higher. Flip side of that, if I want to look for another job, maybe I'm not as concerned about my health insurance and don't feel tied down to the job I have.

I believe that's about the average nationally, $500/month for a family of 4. So unless taxes go up more than $6,000/year for a family of 4, it seems like a good deal. I'm sure I'm oversimplifying it, and maybe it would cost more than that in taxes. I'm not an expert by any means, I just don't get why people (if you listen to Trump) would be so livid about having medicare replace their private insurance. Medicare still let's seniors pick their doctors and the medicare advantage or medicare supplement add ons give all kinds of choice of private insurance companies.

FWIW, this is probably far and away the most "liberal, radical left" opinion that I have (and I put that in quotes, because it shouldn't be a radical, liberal concept to begin with).
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-10-23, 10:30

MiamiSpartan wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

I believe that's about the average nationally, $500/month for a family of 4. So unless taxes go up more than $6,000/year for a family of 4, it seems like a good deal. I'm sure I'm oversimplifying it, and maybe it would cost more than that in taxes. I'm not an expert by any means, I just don't get why people (if you listen to Trump) would be so livid about having medicare replace their private insurance. Medicare still let's seniors pick their doctors and the medicare advantage or medicare supplement add ons give all kinds of choice of private insurance companies.

FWIW, this is probably far and away the most "liberal, radical left" opinion that I have (and I put that in quotes, because it shouldn't be a radical, liberal concept to begin with).

For a long time I've believed Canada's health care system is better than ours and I still do. It's funny during that debate Trump was saying all this fear monger stuff about a plan to improve our health care system. Damn shame so many people eat that up.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-10-23, 10:33

steveschneider wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Maybe I’m just different but all I see up there is a pathological liar. Biden probably missed an opportunity to get out of that line of attack but the whole time trump was running with that line of attack all I can think was this is a guy untethered from reality that offers up imaginary solutions to complex problems. ‘We are going to build a wall’, ‘the virus is just going to go away’...‘I have a terrific healthcare plan, it’s going to be a beautiful plan, better than Obama care’...and brags about stuff like ‘I’m the least racist person in the room. I can’t see who’s in here but I’m the least racist person..’ and ‘I got more done in four years than any president’. To defend Biden from Trumps attack the answer is society evolves, today’s issues weren’t always top priority for the voters,, government moves slow and there often isn’t quick solutions to real world problems.

Of course, but you're not exactly objective or neutral, nor do you seem particularly anti-establishment or feel that the establishment hasn't addressed the issues in your community. Few, if any, of us are. And even among those that are, I think most still see him as the massive liar that he is, but that doesn't mean that his point about Biden being the Washington establishment doesn't have merit with them. It also doesn't mean that would be enough for them to vote for Trump.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-10-23, 10:53

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Of course, but you're not exactly objective or neutral, nor do you seem particularly anti-establishment or feel that the establishment hasn't addressed the issues in your community. Few, if any, of us are. And even among those that are, I think most still see him as the massive liar that he is, but that doesn't mean that his point about Biden being the Washington establishment doesn't have merit with them. It also doesn't mean that would be enough for them to vote for Trump.

The perfect response would have been at the 5:40 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-s3ANu4eMs

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-10-23, 13:50

I didn’t watch it. I wish Biden was more coherent and forceful with his defense of his policy plans but what the fuck he’s 77 years old. He’s slow with his answers because his brain doesn’t work as nimbly as it once did. Luckily the presidency requires a team and I hope he surrounds himself with the best and I know it will be light years ahead of what we have now. I just hope the American people give him the whole fucking government and that government pushes forward big policies in the first two years. Because the right will reorganize and there’s a good chance things change significantly in 22.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-10-23, 14:32

Rocinante wrote:I didn’t watch it. I wish Biden was more coherent and forceful with his defense of his policy plans but what the fuck he’s 77 years old. He’s slow with his answers because his brain doesn’t work as nimbly as it once did. Luckily the presidency requires a team and I hope he surrounds himself with the best and I know it will be light years ahead of what we have now. I just hope the American people give him the whole fucking government and that government pushes forward big policies in the first two years. Because the right will reorganize and there’s a good chance things change significantly in 22.

You didn't watch it but you are commenting on his mental faculties? I'm betting you got this take from Krystal Ball. Biden was sharp and quick witted last night 'poor boys' was a classic.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-10-23, 14:35

steveschneider wrote:
Rocinante wrote:I didn’t watch it.  I wish Biden was more coherent and forceful with his defense of his policy plans but what the fuck he’s 77 years old.  He’s slow with his answers because his brain doesn’t work as nimbly as it once did. Luckily the presidency requires a team and I hope he surrounds himself with the best and I know it will be light years ahead of what we have now.  I just hope the American people give him the whole fucking government and that government pushes forward big policies in the first two years.  Because the right will reorganize and there’s a good chance things change significantly in 22.  

You didn't watch it but you are commenting on his mental faculties? I'm betting you got this take from Krystal Ball. Biden was sharp and quick witted last night 'poor boys' was a classic.
"Poor boys" was an error, and he flubbed Donnie's "stand back and stand by" quote, too.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-10-23, 14:43

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

"Poor boys" was an error, and he flubbed Donnie's "stand back and stand by" quote, too.

Poor Boys was intentional imo, and if not well he got lucky because it was a good zinger.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-10-23, 14:58

steveschneider wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Poor Boys was intentional imo, and if not well he got lucky because it was a good zinger.
Your ability to always be wrong is astounding.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-10-23, 15:28

😆
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-10-23, 15:36

"Abraham Lincoln, here"

That stole the night for me. Even better that Trump didn't get it.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-10-23, 15:37

But yeah, Biden left alot on the table that Warren, Pete, Kamala, or even Bernie would have skewered Trump with.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-10-23, 16:00

kingstonlake wrote:But yeah, Biden left alot on the table that Warren, Pete, Kamala, or even Bernie would have skewered Trump with.

I think he's kind of just doing Tressel ball at these things, just trying to protect the football and control the time of possession. I actually don't think the common voter is that bright or that a high highfalutin response will do much. I actually think it could cause more damage. Remember that scene in Idiocracy when Luke Wilson is talking in court and everyone thinks he's a man because of the smart things he says? That's sort of where we are at.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-10-23, 16:01

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Your ability to always be wrong is astounding.

You have no way of proving that was a flub and I have no way of proving it was intentional. It happened and it was a great line deal with it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-10-23, 17:45

kingstonlake wrote:But yeah, Biden left alot on the table that Warren, Pete, Kamala, or even Bernie would have skewered Trump with.

That was good.

I don't agree with steve that Biden was necessarily sharp and quick. Some things yes, but some things no. But I agree that he's playing Tressel Ball. He just had to not be a disaster, and he exceeded that goal, even of not spectacular. I'd say he was average/solid.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-10-23, 18:10

[tw]1319739374280626176[/tw]

tOfficial 2020 Presidential Debate Thread..  - Page 9 1966794946 tOfficial 2020 Presidential Debate Thread..  - Page 9 1966794946

This is how you troll

tOfficial 2020 Presidential Debate Thread..  - Page 9 1486952199
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9