Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steve Show: Sample hours from our friend and star of the show: Steve

+12
The Pantry
aualum06
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
duffy munn
Turtleneck
CORNER BLITZ
Watch Out Pylon!
Nordic
steveschneider
Rocinante
tGreenWay
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Steve Show: Sample hours from our friend and star of the show: Steve  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Steve Show: Sample hours from our friend and star of the show: Steve

Post by CORNER BLITZ Thu 22 Oct 2020 - 0:02

Nordic wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

If it’s on a commercial radio station, Steve will need commercial breaks to pay for his show. OTOH, if he’s going to do a podcast, per your recommendation, then income isn’t necessarily relevant. However, speaking from experience, the vocal cords will need breaks, fluids, etc.

He can ad reads and say "tell em Steve sent ya"

Verified by Steve, a mark you can trust
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The Steve Show: Sample hours from our friend and star of the show: Steve  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Steve Show: Sample hours from our friend and star of the show: Steve

Post by tGreenWay Thu 22 Oct 2020 - 0:30

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
Nordic wrote:

He can ad reads and say "tell em Steve sent ya"

It should be noted that Steve won’t be allowed to say Fri-dee on the air. It’s clear he loves that Friday thread, but pronouncing it Fri-dee is a big no-no. Mad Dog has that word copyrighted and I can promise you, tSwill doesn’t have the cash on hand to buy Steve out of that legal mess.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Thu 22 Oct 2020 - 6:50

tGreenWay wrote:
CORNER BLITZ wrote:

It should be noted that Steve won’t be allowed to say Fri-dee on the air. It’s clear he loves that Friday thread, but pronouncing it Fri-dee is a big no-no. Mad Dog has that word copyrighted and I can promise you, tSwill doesn’t have the cash on hand to buy Steve out of that legal mess.

Can he use the name LEEVeon?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 22 Oct 2020 - 8:20

steveschneider wrote:Alright, I'm going to get cracking on this. Stay tuned!

The Steve Show: Sample hours from our friend and star of the show: Steve  - Page 2 2Q==
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 22 Oct 2020 - 8:24

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Fuckin' Steve. No

This should be the name. I mean, if we’re going for high brow.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 22 Oct 2020 - 9:57

I will be honest I started that thread hoping one of you fuckers would take it up...I was just looking for something new to listen to. You'll be happy to know I think I have 15 minutes covered. Stay tuned listeners!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 22 Oct 2020 - 10:22

Wow. Revising my initial thoughts. Steve didn't play GreenWay. GW played Steve.

GW called Steve out. Steve immediately caved. In this thread, Steve is playing the role of Claude Lemieux. Do you like turtles, Steve?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 22 Oct 2020 - 10:44

Turtleneck wrote:Wow. Revising my initial thoughts. Steve didn't play GreenWay. GW played Steve.

GW called Steve out. Steve immediately caved. In this thread, Steve is playing the role of Claude Lemieux. Do you like turtles, Steve?

I don't see any sides in this thread, I just see people having a discussion.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 22 Oct 2020 - 10:49

Steve, I'll provide you with a loose outline on what it would take to become a sports radio personality in the greater Lansing area:

"ya know, anybody who has been listening to me in the Lansing/East Lansing area and all points in between know one thing: I don't push no baby buggies. I was talkin' with Tommy Izzo once and after I convinced him to drop the stalking charges, I asked him "who is the most best predictor of success in your profession" and he said "ya know Dogg.. you gotta understand that just 'cause you lead a horse to water don't mean there are too many cooks in the kitchen"..

.. he told me that. He really did. It reminded me of the time I was at the Fall Brawl in September of 1987.. the Silverdome.. Big John Studd took Abdullah the Butcher to the woodshed. I was there.. I really was.. just 'cuz I drag razor wire across my forehead don't mean that I ain't got no ride to work..

okay, this next human on the line.. you will know him from your television set. He don't got no problem comin' on with the Dogg. He really don't. He was here once before and told me "ya know, Dogg, just 'cause there is a bird in the hand don't mean that Tommy Izzo ain't gonna win a golf outing..

Brock.. HIT THE MUSIC.. you'll know this man from your television set. He's from Michigan... he really is. You know him from the hit program "Full House".. his reputation is beyond reproach. You ask anyone who don't not know him and they'll not tell you the same thing.. ladies and gentlemen, Dave Coulier.. Dave, welcome to The Mad Dog Show"...
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 22 Oct 2020 - 11:25

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Steve, I'll provide you with a loose outline on what it would take to become a sports radio personality in the greater Lansing area:

"ya know, anybody who has been listening to me in the Lansing/East Lansing area and all points in between know one thing: I don't push no baby buggies. I was talkin' with Tommy Izzo once and after I convinced him to drop the stalking charges, I asked him "who is the most best predictor of success in your profession" and he said "ya know Dogg.. you gotta understand that just 'cause you lead a horse to water don't mean there are too many cooks in the kitchen"..

.. he told me that. He really did. It reminded me of the time I was at the Fall Brawl in September of 1987.. the Silverdome.. Big John Studd took Abdullah the Butcher to the woodshed. I was there.. I really was.. just 'cuz I drag razor wire across my forehead don't mean that I ain't got no ride to work..

okay, this next human on the line.. you will know him from your television set. He don't got no problem comin' on with the Dogg. He really don't. He was here once before and told me "ya know, Dogg, just 'cause there is a bird in the hand don't mean that Tommy Izzo ain't gonna win a golf outing..

Brock.. HIT THE MUSIC.. you'll know this man from your television set. He's from Michigan... he really is. You know him from the hit program "Full House".. his reputation is beyond reproach. You ask anyone who don't not know him and they'll not tell you the same thing.. ladies and gentlemen, Dave Coulier.. Dave, welcome to The Mad Dog Show"...

Sounds like this guy is broadcasting live from the rail road tracks by Golden Harvest. I waited one time for the long line to eat breakfast there and I got so bored I went for a stroll while my friends held our spot and man those tracks were just loaded with empty vodka bottles.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 22 Oct 2020 - 12:38

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Steve, I'll provide you with a loose outline on what it would take to become a sports radio personality in the greater Lansing area:

Sounds like this guy is broadcasting live from the rail road tracks by Golden Harvest. I waited one time for the long line to eat breakfast there and I got so bored I went for a stroll while my friends held our spot and man those tracks were just loaded with empty vodka bottles.
been there once. Not my scene.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 22 Oct 2020 - 12:41

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Golden Harvest or the railroad tracks?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 22 Oct 2020 - 12:43

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Golden Harvest.

spent a ton of time hanging around railroad tracks. When I was a kid, me and my buddies would jump a train and ride it across town and hop off. We were maybe 12-13.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 22 Oct 2020 - 12:52

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Golden Harvest.

spent a ton of time hanging around railroad tracks. When I was a kid, me and my buddies would jump a train and ride it across town and hop off. We were maybe 12-13.

I went two times. first time I thought it was worth the wait and the second time I was very underwhelmed. Last time I was in Lansing I went to some place on Cedar Street that had hippie hash...it was way too greasy for my liking but I did like the staff and the diner a lot.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 22 Oct 2020 - 13:18

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: Golden Harvest.

I went two times. first time I thought it was worth the wait and the second time I was very underwhelmed. Last time I was in Lansing I went to some place on Cedar Street that had hippie hash...it was way too greasy for my liking but I did like the staff and the diner a lot.
Fleetowood. It's a good little hang if you happen to be down that way.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 22 Oct 2020 - 13:52

Give this guy a triple Ric Flair!

WOOO!!!!
WOOO!!!!
WOOO!!!!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 22 Oct 2020 - 14:22

steveschneider wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Wow. Revising my initial thoughts. Steve didn't play GreenWay. GW played Steve.

That's no fun, Steve.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 22 Oct 2020 - 14:39

Turtleneck wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

That's no fun, Steve.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 22 Oct 2020 - 15:23

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Golden Harvest.

They tried way too hard to be indifferently hip. Excellent food each of the times I was there, but it was painful to watch how hard they tried to be uncool.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 22 Oct 2020 - 15:25

steveschneider wrote:I will be honest I started that thread hoping one of you fuckers would take it up...I was just looking for something new to listen to. You'll be happy to know I think I have 15 minutes covered. Stay tuned listeners!

You’re not writing your show out verbatim, are you?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 22 Oct 2020 - 15:25

Also, no pressure, Steve, but Mad Dog’s birthday is today.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 22 Oct 2020 - 15:28

duffy munn wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Can he use the name LEEVeon?

Allowed. Dave can’t copyright the mispronunciation of another person’s name. Although, now I’m wondering if Staudt could copyright the way he pronounces Illinois and Wisconsin: Ellinois and Wesconsin.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 22 Oct 2020 - 15:34

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: Golden Harvest.

They tried way too hard to be indifferently hip. Excellent food each of the times I was there, but it was painful to watch how hard they tried to be uncool.

I just thought it was a top notch breakfast the first time I went there. I left there thoroughly impressed and had zero complaints. They must have lost the chef or whoever it was that was cooking the great food because the next time it was very mediocre and that won't cut it after an hour long wait.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 22 Oct 2020 - 15:51

Remember that it's pronounced Klingon Treebot, Steve.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders Thu 22 Oct 2020 - 16:50

Long time listener, occasional caller.

I think what tGW is trying to say here, Steve. Sorry, I don't know you, can I call you Steve? The tips tGW is laying down here you, very effectively I might add, are 1) just repeat yourself a lot. 2)Don't hesitate to say the same things over and over, it's your show. 3)You can pretty much count on the crazies to call in and then riff off whatever nonsense they have to say. It's your show. You have to plan every minute. One good plan (executed here exquisitely by your guest tGW) is to just shoot the she-ite with your panel and occasionally lop around to the hour's topic. It's your show.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Thu 22 Oct 2020 - 17:11

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Fleetowood. It's a good little hang if you happen to be down that way.
Been in EL long enough to remember this place?  Awesome breakfast, especially after Dooley's closed for the evening/early morning.  It's my username namesake.

The PanTree

The Steve Show: Sample hours from our friend and star of the show: Steve  - Page 2 Pantre10
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 22 Oct 2020 - 17:21

When Steve has Pantry as a guest, it will go something like this...

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 22 Oct 2020 - 17:32

steveschneider wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I just thought it was a top notch breakfast the first time I went there. I left there thoroughly impressed and had zero complaints. They must have lost the chef or whoever it was that was cooking the great food because the next time it was very mediocre and that won't cut it after an hour long wait.

Close. The owners divorced. He was the creative minded chef, but she got the restaurant. I don’t know any more details. A little while later, he opened a food truck and parked it along Detroit St. just south of Michigan Ave. on Lansing’s east side. No idea exactly what happened after that, but I think the long and short of it was he expanded the biz with others, they got sick of him and was booted. What any of those players are doing now—I haven’t any idea.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Thu 22 Oct 2020 - 18:18

Turtleneck wrote:When Steve has Pantry as a guest, it will go something like this...

Naw. That would be more like Cam as a guest.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 22 Oct 2020 - 18:36

Turtleneck wrote:When Steve has Pantry as a guest, it will go something like this...

FAKE
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu 22 Oct 2020 - 22:06

I think we have answered the question, "Do You Think Fucking Steve Could Make It On Sports Radio? "
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri 23 Oct 2020 - 11:40

Teaser, I got a one hour outline coming up soon. You won't want to miss it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri 23 Oct 2020 - 12:17

The Steve Show: Sample hours from our friend and star of the show: Steve  - Page 2 Tenor
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri 23 Oct 2020 - 12:41

steveschneider wrote:Teaser, I got a one hour outline coming up soon. You won't want to miss it.

I think I want to miss it.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri 23 Oct 2020 - 12:51

steveschneider wrote:Teaser, I got a one hour outline coming up soon. You won't want to miss it.

Pre-game show thread?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri 23 Oct 2020 - 13:14

Turtleneck wrote:

I think I want to miss it.

Ok, I'm just going to PM it to Greenway when it is ready.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 23 Oct 2020 - 14:12

Skip the outline. Just do a podcast.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 23 Oct 2020 - 14:29

No post it here Steve. I need to see this.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri 23 Oct 2020 - 14:34

NigelUno wrote:

Skip the outline. Just do a podcast.
tSwill podcast. ug.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri 23 Oct 2020 - 14:47

Does Hondo have a podcast?

That would be like masturbating with a cheese grater...
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next