Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pay a Detroit resident's water bill

+29
Izzo Court
Toe
Snake Plissken
InTenSity
Rook
Hut1hut2
Robert J Sakimano
pulling69
All Your Base
DroppedByADime
dubie7006
Cosmo_Kramer
AvgMSUJoe
MasonGuy
The_Dude
tTito
Rocinante
DWags
Roger Waymeth
AMwood
SpartanMikey
Dendrobates
I.B. Fine
goodbar
Cym Jim
Stan Sitwell
Hip Hop Anonymous
Heat Miser
Ass Dan
33 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Pay a Detroit resident's water bill - Page 2 Empty Re: Pay a Detroit resident's water bill

Post by Heat Miser Thu 24 Jul - 13:22

tTito wrote:Welcome to racism day on the Swill. And by the way, what are the intended uses for this smiley?  afro 

Possibly for any member of the Peko clan. When used with Pay a Detroit resident's water bill - Page 2 4198636888 I'd guess it refers to Richard Pryor and/or Michael Jackson and/or Gene Simmons. Other than that, I'm unaware of its origin. I know I didn't add it. Pay a Detroit resident's water bill - Page 2 2599972566
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Pay a Detroit resident's water bill - Page 2 Empty Re: Pay a Detroit resident's water bill

Post by tTito Thu 24 Jul - 13:24

Stan Sitwell wrote:

I thought you had like $4 to your name?

People with no money like people with money giving money to people with no money.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Thu 24 Jul - 13:25

Cym Jim wrote:

I believe that access to clean water is a basic human right, but America has always struggled with treating black people like humans.

Pay a Detroit resident's water bill - Page 2 2130724145 
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Thu 24 Jul - 13:27

Dendrobates wrote:Someone please enlighten me on this. Paying your water bill has not been a new thing. If you stop paying any other bill, it is taken away. So if you stop paying your water bill, your water should be shut off. Its not like this was just sprung on people. Water is a must I know. But they are also paying other bills. Some have a higher priority than others. That's just life.

How dare you think like a normal person... Pay a Detroit resident's water bill - Page 2 502811600 
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by MasonGuy Thu 24 Jul - 13:32

Cym Jim wrote:

Tell me about it. Quite cunning of Snyder to impose “emergency manager” control on Detroit last year, disempowering local elected officials and putting the governor and his appointees in charge.

Nothing cunning about it. Besides, this is Michigan law. It is already happening in Allen Park, Flint, Benton Harbor, Ecorse and Pontiac. I don't hear anyone talking about how cunning the Governor was to implement this in those cities.

Why would you allow Detroit to avoid this? Personally I like that solution compared to one where we were asked just to send money and to leave them alone. The Emergency Manager could be one of the best things to ever hit that town.

MasonGuy
MasonGuy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Thu 24 Jul - 13:33

The_Dude wrote:

How dare you think like a normal person... Pay a Detroit resident's water bill - Page 2 502811600 

Correction: How dare you think like a white person
Love
Cym Jim
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu 24 Jul - 13:35

I would venture to guess most who don't pay their bill aren't living with all the bells and whistles. I'm sure some are gaming the system. That said, is the city of Detroit going to create a department to audit the finances of the poorest to verify they are actually poor enough? Maybe a water truck driving down the road once a day delivering all the water you can bucket for FREE would give those who need the help... and make it enough of a pain in the ass for those who are gaming the system to pay. If you and your entire family gotta carry buckets and containers everyday to survive, the cable vs OTA discussion would change real quick.

I do kind of understand wheat Cym Jim is saying with the right winged kebal changing the dialog from the richest enjoying the lowest tax rates since the great depression to "blame the poors".  But that spiral has been effect since the 80's and the current situation is the result of those policies. That shit aint gunna change in my lifetime. They now are able to also buy the elections/the govt with citizens united... so any chance of changing the corporate cost benefit analysis toward funding the middle class (like it used to be skewed) is gone. "WE NEED OUR GUNS DAMMIT! AND THE GAYS ARE MARRYING AND THE ILLEGALS... fainting spell..." <- Those peeps are too dense to realize they are being played for the uber wealthy to make the moneys.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer Thu 24 Jul - 13:35

Pay a Detroit resident's water bill - Page 2 PS_0631_HUMAN_FUND
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Thu 24 Jul - 13:37

Cym Jim wrote:

Tell me about it. Quite cunning of Snyder to impose “emergency manager” control on Detroit last year, disempowering local elected officials and putting the governor and his appointees in charge.

You know nothing about Detroit or the vast corruption and complete failure from these 'city'officials that have beyond failed their residents for generations. You don't even know how bad a shape that city was in. Snyder has done more for the city of Detroit than you can imagine. He's saved the city from even a worse alternative.

Once again, another liberal who lives on fantasy island. And we wonder why their policies don't work. You aren't grounded in reality. But keep on reciting your Al Sharpton talking points...you sound smart.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Thu 24 Jul - 13:39

AvgMSUJoe wrote:I would venture to guess most who don't pay their bill aren't living with all the bells and whistles. I'm sure some are gaming the system. That said, is the city of Detroit going to create a department to audit the finances of the poorest to verify they are actually poor enough? Maybe a water truck driving down the road once a day delivering all the water you can bucket for FREE would give those who need the help... and make it enough of a pain in the ass for those who are gaming the system to pay. If you and your entire family gotta carry buckets and containers everyday to survive, the cable vs OTA discussion would change real quick.

I do kind of understand wheat Cym Jim is saying with the right winged kebal changing the dialog from the richest enjoying the lowest tax rates since the great depression to "blame the poors".  But that spiral has been effect since the 80's and the current situation is the result of those policies. That shit aint gunna change in my lifetime. They now are able to also buy the elections/the govt with citizens united... so any chance of changing the corporate cost benefit analysis toward funding the middle class (like it used to be skewed) is gone. "WE NEED OUR GUNS DAMMIT! AND THE GAYS ARE MARRYING AND THE ILLEGALS... fainting spell..." <- Those peeps are too dense to realize they are being played for the uber wealthy to make the moneys.

Holy whackjob, Batman.  Seek professional help plz.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Thu 24 Jul - 13:40

Let's refrain from derogatory slurs in our rants people. I don't like or want to edit your posts. Please rant responsibly.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito Thu 24 Jul - 13:46

Heat Miser wrote:Let's refrain from derogatory slurs in our rants people. I don't like or want to edit your posts. Please rant responsibly.

Good luck with that one HM. lol! 
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 24 Jul - 13:46

AMwood wrote:

i agree with you bro. but i would like to have proof that the parents aren't paying for iphones or internet access with their water bill money first.

yep. I'd love that too. Further, take your kid to the public library. For every book the kid reads and writes a report on, while staying there, in an air conditioned room you get x amount of money off your next bill. (Look, I know people will laugh at this, but I guarantee you those houses also don't have any books in them.)

Make a difference. Make them earn it. But you need water to live. I also know that my knee jerk reaction to this has a billion holes in it that I haven't thought out, but there are children down there who have their water turned off. That's bullshit.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu 24 Jul - 13:48

The_Dude wrote:
Holy whackjob, Batman.  Seek professional help plz.

The truth will set you free.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by dubie7006 Thu 24 Jul - 13:48

My head hurts so hard ITT. There are many salient points and then tons of just pure garbage. Is this Twilight Zone day? Wtf...
dubie7006
dubie7006
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim Thu 24 Jul - 13:55

Dendrobates wrote:Someone please enlighten me on this. Paying your water bill has not been a new thing. If you stop paying any other bill, it is taken away. So if you stop paying your water bill, your water should be shut off. Its not like this was just sprung on people. Water is a must I know. But they are also paying other bills. Some have a higher priority than others. That's just life.

Tell me about it, just look at this woman.  She's got money for the weave and the fake nails, but not to pay the water bill?! Her 11 kids are probably wearing $400 sneakers.

Pay a Detroit resident's water bill - Page 2 16x9
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Thu 24 Jul - 13:58

Cym Jim wrote:

Tell me about it, just look at this woman.  She's got money for the weave and the fake nails, but not to pay the water bill?! Her 11 kids are probably wearing $400 sneakers.

No money for clothes?  Pay a Detroit resident's water bill - Page 2 1550444538 
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Thu 24 Jul - 14:01

I.B. Fine wrote:
Cym Jim wrote:

No money for clothes?  Pay a Detroit resident's water bill - Page 2 1550444538 

Looks like plenty of money for food.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito Thu 24 Jul - 14:03

She's pretty hot. I can't believe she can't find a sugar daddy.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Thu 24 Jul - 14:03

Heat Miser wrote:

You're obviously a Fatist
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DroppedByADime Thu 24 Jul - 14:06

CYM Jim reminds me of that douche Michael Moore.

Made millions making films bashing capitalism and the " right wing". Has nine homes including one I pissed in front of on torch lake.

CYM is here to avoid over-taxation in England and for an increase in his personal prosperity ... But he feels like he has to flick his boogers at the " right wing capitalists" while he enjoys it.

STFU or gtfo.
DroppedByADime
DroppedByADime
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Thu 24 Jul - 14:09

I.B. Fine wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

You're obviously a Fatist

I'll admit to that.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Thu 24 Jul - 14:14

Heat Miser wrote:

I'll admit to that.

Shocked

Pay a Detroit resident's water bill - Page 2 502811600 
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 24 Jul - 14:17

Pay a Detroit resident's water bill - Page 2 Previe10
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by All Your Base Thu 24 Jul - 14:17

SpartanMikey wrote:
You racist piece of trash...

That's communist, moran.
All Your Base
All Your Base
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer Thu 24 Jul - 14:21

DWags wrote:

yep.   I'd love that too.   Further, take your kid to the public library.  For every book the kid reads and writes a report on, while staying there, in an air conditioned room you get x amount of money off your next bill.  (Look, I know people will laugh at this, but I guarantee you those houses also don't have any books in them.)

Make a difference.  Make them earn it.   But you need water to live.  I also know that my knee jerk reaction to this has a billion holes in it that I haven't thought out, but there are children down there who have their water turned off.  That's bullshit.  

This is the main issue: is water a right or a privilege? Water is a necessity, but it also costs money to maintain. Detroit's water quality is among the best in not only the nation but in the world, so should a bankrupt city be offering temporary solace to customers who were warned by impending shutoffs? We found out that answer pretty quickly after the protests occurred. It's bigger than money, though; the morality present in this scenario depends on who you ask.
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Thu 24 Jul - 14:43

This is a foreign concept to me, I just paid my quarterly water bill about an hour ago.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito Thu 24 Jul - 14:46

pulling69 wrote:This is a foreign concept to me, I just paid my quarterly water bill about an hour ago.

The word "foreign" is demeaning to people who live in the other countries. Please stop using it. Thanks.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Thu 24 Jul - 15:08

Some thoughts:

1. Isn't water generally included with rent?
2. Don't the vast majority of lower income people (Detroiters) rent?
3. If 1 & 2 are true, then wouldn't the majority of this issue be landlords not paying water bills?

For the Detroit homeowners renters responsible for water, I refer you to this:
Detroit assistance programs.

Which contains this:
"Water bill assistance

There are two different options for Detroit families. One is the Detroit Resident Water Assistance Program (DRWAP), which was originally known as the Water Affordability Plan. It is meant to help low and moderate income Detroiters pay their monthly water bills. Click here to find additional ways to get help with water bills. Dial (313) 887-6656.

Another program that can help with water bills is the Detroit Water and Sewerage Department WAVE program. According to local government officials, if city residents are not eligible for WAVE, they are referred to the DRWAP program."

It's not like there's no help available. Pay a Detroit resident's water bill - Page 2 2599972566
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito Thu 24 Jul - 15:12

Heat Miser wrote:Some thoughts:

3. If 1 & 2 are true, then wouldn't the majority of this issue be landlords not paying water bills?

Which contains this:
"Water bill assistance

There are two different options for Detroit families. One is the Detroit Resident Water Assistance Program (DRWAP), which was originally known as the Water Affordability Plan. It is meant to help low and moderate income Detroiters pay their monthly water bills. Click here to find additional ways to get help with water bills. Dial (313) 887-6656.

Another program that can help with water bills is the Detroit Water and Sewerage Department WAVE program. According to local government officials, if city residents are not eligible for WAVE, they are referred to the DRWAP program."

It's not like there's no help available. Pay a Detroit resident's water bill - Page 2 2599972566

Yes it's clearly a scam that encourages the guilt ravaged white people to send money to Detroit.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim Thu 24 Jul - 15:18

tTito wrote:

Yes it's clearly a scam that encourages the guilt ravaged white people to send money to Detroit.

Preach it brother

Nope...I'm (Heat Miser) drawing the line there.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito Thu 24 Jul - 15:22

Cym Jim wrote:

Preach it brother

Nope...I'm (Heat Miser) drawing the line there.

So how much have you contributed?
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar Thu 24 Jul - 15:24

Heat Miser wrote:Some thoughts:

Which contains this:
"Water bill assistance

the DRWAP acronym is clearly a shot at slurring Italian Doctors.  This program name needs to be changed to something less derogatory and it needs to be done immediately.
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 24 Jul - 15:25

I'll pray for them..

and in the meantime, I'll do everything imaginable to make sure they don't get water or healthcare..

but, I will pray for them.. which is what god would want.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito Thu 24 Jul - 15:26

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'll pray for them..

and in the meantime, I'll do everything imaginable to make sure they don't get water or healthcare..

How much did you throw in for Bob?
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Thu 24 Jul - 15:27

Thanks Bob. The Power of Prayer can fix anything!
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 24 Jul - 15:31

tTito wrote:

How much did you throw in for Bob?
nothing.. why the hell should I put my hard-earned money toward a bunch of lazy freeloaders? If they really wanted water, they'd get advanced college degrees like me and get a job.. I'm not feeling sorry for a bunch of lazy welfare queens who sit around drinking malt liquor all day waiting on me to pay their bills..

but I did pray for them. That's what god would want.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar Thu 24 Jul - 15:31

Pay a Detroit resident's water bill - Page 2 502811600 

"Oh please dear jesus, please send water to detroit. heavenly father of man, we beg of you to see their need and shower them with potable liquid refreshments. in dear lord's name we pray, amen."
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Thu 24 Jul - 15:32

Thread split BEYOTCH!!! This help only thread will remain. The other crap has been sent to tSwill Bin.

Posts that stray from HELPING will be relegated to tOther thread.

Pay a Detroit resident's water bill - Page 2 2809484752
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito Thu 24 Jul - 15:32

I didn't think so. Pay a Detroit resident's water bill - Page 2 502811600 
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next