Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Texas Effectively Bans Abortion..

+13
aualum06
Travis of the Cosmos
kingstonlake
Cameron
Turtleneck
Rocinante
Floyd Robertson
steveschneider
TrapperGus
tGreenWay
Jake from State Farm
GRR Spartan
Robert J Sakimano
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Texas Effectively Bans Abortion..  - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Effectively Bans Abortion..

Post by steveschneider Tue 7 Sep 2021 - 9:14

TrapperGus wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

You still have to give him credit for not blowing a 35 point lead with such and awful take like comparing voting for Joe Biden to eating a bowl of shit.

local polls are known for lack of accuracy, fwiw

You seem fixated on someone who really is playing below the minor leagues.

Do you keep track of all the primaries for dogcatcher, too?

During a slow election year It was a fun primary to follow in the summer. I kept my eye on it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Texas Effectively Bans Abortion..  - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Effectively Bans Abortion..

Post by TrapperGus Tue 7 Sep 2021 - 9:21

steveschneider wrote:
TrapperGus wrote:

local polls are known for lack of accuracy, fwiw

You seem fixated on someone who really is playing below the minor leagues.

Do you keep track of all the primaries for dogcatcher, too?

During a slow election year It was a fun primary to follow in the summer. I kept my eye on it.

And you want to compare the loosing candidates to a highly talented US Senator, seems a pretty far fetched comparison.
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus Tue 7 Sep 2021 - 9:23

btw it is back on the bottom of page 1 now...

There are 96 Progressives in Congress and 19 Blue Dogs like Senator from WV.

Your "winning" argument is invalid.
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue 7 Sep 2021 - 9:32

steveschneider wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Say what you want about *an elected currently serving US Senator who regularly flirts with Republicans* but at least he’s not *an unelected nobody who was running in a primary against another democrat*

You still have to give him credit for not blowing a 35 point lead with such and awful take like comparing voting for Joe Biden to eating a bowl of shit.

There is no situation where I have to give Joe Manchin credit
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 7 Sep 2021 - 9:33

TrapperGus wrote:btw it is back on the bottom of page 1 now...

I'm referring to a small sliver like the squad and the Bernie movement which Nina and Maya Wiley fall under. I believe there's a distinction. I'm well aware of the progressive caucus.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 7 Sep 2021 - 9:34

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I'm happy to have a dem like him in West Virginia. The alternative would be worse.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus Tue 7 Sep 2021 - 9:50

steveschneider wrote:
TrapperGus wrote:btw it is back on the bottom of page 1 now...

I'm referring to a small sliver like the squad and the Bernie movement which Nina and Maya Wiley fall under. I believe there's a distinction. I'm well aware of the progressive caucus.

So using your metric we have 5 of your progressives verses 1 blue dog.

Your winning argument still fails

Last edited by TrapperGus on Tue 7 Sep 2021 - 9:55; edited 1 time in total
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus Tue 7 Sep 2021 - 9:52

steveschneider wrote:

Joe Manchin is likely one of the best politicians on the planet, or how else do you describe someone who consistently wins as a Democratic in the most Trumpy State in the Union?

My expectation it that he will be crying about the 3.5 Trillion Budget right up to the day he votes for it and it passes.

Yes, it will not be 3.5 Trillion any more (2.9 is my guess) and some of the things will be cut out of it, but he will vote for the result.
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Tue 7 Sep 2021 - 16:44

Looks like Mexico just overtook Texas in basic human rights.

https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/mexico-supreme-court-rules-criminalizing-abortion-is-unconstitutional-2021-09-07/
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue 7 Sep 2021 - 17:06

Damn criminals and rapists, bringing their crime and drugs.

[tw]1435344968084692994[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 7 Sep 2021 - 17:26

TrapperGus wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I was just comparing Manchin to Turner and the fact he's never had a campaign blunder as bad as Nina Turner. I'm only focusing on a couple of data points. Did the Democrat say that voting for Joe Biden is like eating a bowl of shit? One is a yes and the other is a no.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue 7 Sep 2021 - 17:37

steveschneider wrote:
TrapperGus wrote:

I was just comparing Manchin to Turner

Okay, Stop. Everything else you said doesn’t matter because this is the part that is off the wall stupid.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus Wed 8 Sep 2021 - 7:32

steveschneider wrote:

I was just comparing Manchin to Turner

Okay, Stop. Everything else you said doesn’t matter because this is the part that is off the wall stupid.

This isn't what I said, it is what Steve said when I pointed out there are more Progressives in Congress than Blue Dogs like the Senator from WV.
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 8 Sep 2021 - 8:12

TrapperGus wrote:

This isn't what I said

Okay, stop.

It is what I said. What you said is irrelevant.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus Wed 8 Sep 2021 - 8:26

TrapperGus wrote:

This isn't what I said

Okay, stop.

I'm put you down as having decided a power play is the best answer to logical discussion.

edit - and point out if you hadn't made your posts I would have stopped already.
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 8 Sep 2021 - 8:31

I truly don’t care about a logical discussion about if a comparison between joe Manchin and a candidate that lost in an Ohio house primary is a valid one because it’s so obviously ludicrous and he’s been begging for people to engage him about said failed house candidate for weeks before you started posting here.

So yeah, put me down wherever you want.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Wed 8 Sep 2021 - 8:44

Texas Governor Abbott said he's going to solve the problem of women that have been raped and then having to get an abortion, by going out and arresting rapists and getting them off the streets. Seems to me like the problem is that they aren't rapists until they've raped someone. By then it's too late. Unless of course he's going to be proactive and just start arresting people that look like they may rape someone in the future.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed 8 Sep 2021 - 10:23

TrapperGus wrote:

Okay, stop.

I'm put you down as having decided a power play is the best answer to logical discussion.

edit - and point out if you hadn't made your posts I would have stopped already.

If you hang out here long enough you'll quickly learn that some people are very politically insecure. Wink
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

steveschneider and Bredo Morstoel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 8 Sep 2021 - 12:51

kingstonlake wrote:
TrapperGus wrote:

If you hang out here long enough you'll quickly learn that some people are very politically insecure. Wink

The verbal abuse is a dead give away.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Other Teams Pursuing That, steveschneider and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus Wed 8 Sep 2021 - 18:21

steveschneider wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

The verbal abuse is a dead give away.

After hanging out on Wells for years the level of verbal abuse on this board, low, is a pleasant surprise.
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 8 Sep 2021 - 18:30

That’s because everyone we verbally abused took their footballs and went home.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus Wed 8 Sep 2021 - 18:37

Rocinante wrote:That’s because everyone we verbally abused took their footballs and went home.

Could be, that will not work on me though, I see it as a indication I am getting into your heads, and always saw it that way on Wells, mostly I ignore it as noise.
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 8 Sep 2021 - 19:03

Who’s head are you getting into? I for one welcome you as our new leader.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 8 Sep 2021 - 19:42

NM

Last edited by steveschneider on Thu 9 Sep 2021 - 16:33; edited 1 time in total
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed 8 Sep 2021 - 22:28

Fucking steve...

Texas Effectively Bans Abortion..  - Page 2 200.gif?cid=ddb306a56vyhmttmbr09lfqfev2r9uakyt9u1meyln2ifr9k&rid=200
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus Thu 9 Sep 2021 - 7:50

Rocinante wrote:Who’s head are you getting into? I for one welcome you as our new leader.

No one's yet.

It has all been very civil on this board.

TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 9 Sep 2021 - 10:01

TrapperGus wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Who’s head are you getting into? I for one welcome you as our new leader.

No one's yet.

Trapper is that your cat?

Also, what do your foresee for the future of Texas based on this decision? I saw Lyft got involved some what. Seems like corporate power could step in and change things up.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

TrapperGus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus Thu 9 Sep 2021 - 12:52

steveschneider wrote:
TrapperGus wrote:

No one's yet.

Trapper is that your cat?

Also, what do your foresee for the future of Texas based on this decision? I saw Lyft got involved some what. Seems like corporate power could step in and change things up.

No, not mine, a friend's cat.  Very shy, likely the only time in it's life it wasn't hiding under a bed.

Waiting to see what other cases come up before the court regarding the legality of the law.

The State is most defiantly the actor here, regardless of the lack of a stay.

Also the 6 week "fetal heartbeat" is both a fiction on two counts, it isn't yet a fetus and it has no heart, so no heatbeat, and a clear overturning of Roe v Wade.
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue 14 Sep 2021 - 14:28

[tw]1437838559067525121[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus Fri 1 Oct 2021 - 11:01

https://apnews.com/article/texas-abortion-law-court-a7961b629e913e1008f8e929c99fb310
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparteepee Thu 7 Oct 2021 - 19:21

GRR Spartan wrote:FREEDOM……..

unless you are a female who can become pregnant.

Or you want to smoke weed ....
Sparteepee
Sparteepee
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus Sat 9 Oct 2021 - 19:23

Federal District Court has done what the Right Wing Nut Jobs on the Supreme Court didn't do, but should have.

It has put a hold on the Texas Law.

Abortion is legal in Texas again.
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus Sun 10 Oct 2021 - 8:57

And now a right wing nut job judge on the 5th circuit court issues a stay of the rule of law.

The Republicans have achieved their goal of the destruction of the US Justice system.
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus Tue 12 Oct 2021 - 19:25

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/10/12/2057597/-Biden-administration-fires-warning-shot-to-conservative-justices-in-brief-to-halt-Texas-abortion-law

“If Texas’s scheme is permissible, no constitutional right is safe from state-sanctioned sabotage of this kind,” the Justice Department told the appeals court.

In wording that seemed to be a message to the Supreme Court, the Justice Department raised the specter that if allowed to stand, the legal structure created in enacting the law could be used to circumvent even the Supreme Court’s rulings in 2008 and 2010 on gun rights and campaign financing.
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Tue 12 Oct 2021 - 19:46

No shit. Every dem leaning area could pass a similar law letting every person sue gun users & manufacturers... personally sue candidates on the take from dark money... bunch of cool stuff.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 13 Oct 2021 - 8:06

as if Texas wasn't already horrible enough.. these 'git government out of my life' knuckle-scrapers really love government.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus Tue 19 Oct 2021 - 19:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:as if Texas wasn't already horrible enough.. these 'git government out of my life' knuckle-scrapers really love government.

redistricting to outlaw democratic districts
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri 22 Oct 2021 - 13:10

Good luck, Texas. I think you're going to go through something here.

[tw]1451595728384626688[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri 22 Oct 2021 - 13:56

So if the enforcement mechanism is upheld, blue states can pass laws saying anyone can sue a person if they know of a person who used a firearm in an illegal manner... Or 3rd parties can sue for OSHA regulations... or Police overreach... or suspected Tax evasion...

This seems like a financial boon to the ACLU and political activist class, amiright?

Trying to think what else the red staters could use it for other than abortion... coming up blank.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaseViolence Sat 23 Oct 2021 - 14:27

being proabortion is the only moral choice. that may be an unpopular opinion on such a right leaning bored but its tru and im sorry if that offends your christian sensibilities. not my problem.

society shouldnt be saddled with the product of the poor lifestyle choices of an impulsive and irresponsible person that cant figure out how not to get knocked up when they dont want the kid. plus we can sell the baby parts afterward for a profit like planned parenthood had been doing clandestinely. win/win for all involved.

well most involved anyway. go green
ChaseViolence
ChaseViolence
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next